PDA

View Full Version : Your personality?

Samuru
03-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Dunno if there's already a thread like this, but if it exists, I'm sure it died a quiet death since I don't see it on the front page anymore. I want to ask about you guys personality. What are you known for? How are you in everyday life?

For me, I think of the world (around me) to be dull, and I would do anything to change it. People say I'm somewhat like a doomsayer because I'm always very serious (I have a mental condition which would cause this), and I hate it when people do not take me seriously. I have difficulties to sort things that people really mean, and sarcasm (+ irony) apart from each other. I tend to ask what you mean, whether it's a joke or not, etc.

Tell me (or us) something about yourself. Think of it as a re-introduction to the people around you :).

Furore
03-04-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm generally known to those who took the time to get to know me as a gentle giant. It's not so much I'm gentle, but that I do generally try to work things out non-violently and only resort to violence if that fails. When people don't know me, my physical size, unkempt appearance and slight rebellious streak tend to intimidate them, which is one of the beautiful things about posting online - people don't judge on physical appearance until they've seen a picture and you can either post around enough beforehand or just not show one.

I'm also a smarta*s*, have no respect for authority figures who show me none (to say some cops dislike me is an understatement) and seem to have a real life White Knight syndrome - when excrement hits the fan, I jump in. Oh, and I dislike the idea of accumulating any real power, as I've seen it screw a few people up and/or impose responsibilities on them I don't want. Some see it as me being unambitious, I just couldn't be damned doing something that would ultimately be unfulfilling to me. The majority seem to feel I'm wasting my talents or something, I see a freedom in not taking anything that big on - and I do seem to learn more, faster, thanks to all the spare time I have than many who do make something of themselves.

blueangel06661
03-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Known as a

"I don't care who you are.. If I have something to say I'll say it to your face without a problem.. I'll put my opinion out on you or something you said without a second thought and not give a darn and not care when your feelings are hurt if I don't like you..."

At the same time I love those whom I love with alllll my heart<3
And I'm also pretty quiet and generous... I gave my boyfriend my second unopened macbook pro.. and my friend has gotten real diamond earrings from me once... I spoil my friends sometimes...

~*Red*~
03-04-2012, 06:05 PM
I am very outgoing and friendly with people and love meeting new people and making friends.

Xeyuzio
03-04-2012, 06:34 PM
I know this thread exists already but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Elitist.

Hanamaru Kunikida
03-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Straight Badass.

Syaoran
03-04-2012, 06:49 PM
I don't have an exact personality so to speak. I just mold my own personality to match yours.

Hanamaru Kunikida
03-04-2012, 07:03 PM
I know this thread exists already but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Elitist.

You actually have to be worth something in life to be an elitist.

Meenah
03-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Affable, open minded, cheerful, and compassionate. <3

Hanamaru Kunikida
03-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Affable, open minded, cheerful, and compassionate. <3

Seungie is huggable.
-hugs-

Meenah
03-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Oppa is oppa and the best oppa I could ever ask for. ;_;

Vintniv
03-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Hard working, silent judging, sarcastic with a low tolerance for the ignorant and weak minded. Holds a deep fascination for languages, enigmas, and the arts. A passionate reader, a creative thinker, who has a need to explain things and tell jokes. Who always find himself saying, 'that's cool, let's see if I can do it better.'

Token Black Guy
03-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Not really sure how i would describe myself. Some people say i'm really good with electronics and gadgets. I've been told i'm a quiet, kind hearted, caring, selfless person. I was even told that i was a good story writer, even though i won a few writing contests in high school.

T-Stew
03-05-2012, 09:40 AM
I'm quiet, introverted, humble... also a thinker and dreamer. Easy going. Emotional, empathetic, but rarely let that show. Can be very passionate about certain ideals, or hobbies and things I like to do.

Serated
I too agree with thinking "that's cool, let's see if I can do it better". Always trying to improve things or fix flaws.

Alphabet
03-05-2012, 10:08 PM
I know I am : Analytical, critical, pessimistic, blunt, honest, dreamer, introverted, careless, and quiet.
My friends has told me I'm: Sweet, caring, random, squeaky, generous, indifferent, cute.
Hrmm.
ooshy ooshy ooshy

marvelangga
03-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Perfectionist, egotistic, and evil.

Jacob's Ladder
03-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Equal opportunity offender, professional smart-a$$, sarcastically gifted, but a friend to friends. I will tell the truth to anyone who needs it. Plus, give the shirt off my back, and last dollar to those in need as well. I'm easy going, and love talking to people and listening to them.

aether
03-06-2012, 07:40 AM
I am a very affectionate person which I dunno drives people away but anyway yeah if anyone wants a hug here's a free hug for you

John Watson
03-06-2012, 11:27 AM
When I'm meeting people for the first time I come off as shy, quiet and sheepish.

When I get to know them better I become a comedian, loud and happy!

When I'm with people I'm 100% comfortable around I'm a complete nutbag and I goof around alot! ♥

All in all, I have a real bubbly personality and I'm nice to everyone and anyone! (If they're nice to me ;3)

sassyfairycassy1
03-06-2012, 12:48 PM
I come off as shy at first but as you get to know me I'm a lot more open. Sometimes I'm slow sometimes I'm annoying. I care about everyone even if we are not close or we only meet ten min. ago. I'm a hopeless romantic, I wish my life was like a fairytale. I have almost no self confidence but I still have big dreams.

Free_Heart
03-06-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm not very sociable ...people who see me at the first time notice that very quickly but I'm trying to over come that
I'm quite shy and I love drawing really I do love it

I almost have no friends so I hope to find some in the future maybe when I go to university because I'm kind of home schooled now

I tend to like animes with alot of blood and fighting especially training and marital arts

romantic films are my favorite ones

I think that's all by the way nice topic..

Kaleohano
03-06-2012, 01:27 PM
there are a lot of sides to me. not that i live separate lives, just that my personality changes along with my mood.
normally i'l be a happy, goofy, DGAF, kind of guy. but i'll often display a lack of caring in peoples problems. i see something on the news about a group of people that i don't know getting killed or devastated in some way, i'm not bothered in the slightest.
this is however, entirely different from how i handle bad situations with my friends and people i care about. i tend to take the protective role of a big brother.
"Someone ruined your day? where do they live? i'll ruin their life!"

http://imagecache5d.allposters.com/watermarker/9-947-78GK000Z.jpg

anyways i'm also a very confident person. theres absolutely nothing shy about me. i'll walk up to a random group in the mall and strike up a convo for absolutely no reason. i'm the guy who doesn't care if there are two other guys on the urinals immediately adjacent to mine(shy guys know exactly what i'm talking about). lol

what can i say, life's good :)

DOOM!
03-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Salty. My personality goes better with a lemon and schnaps to wash it down.

Eris
03-06-2012, 02:06 PM
You actually have to be worth something in life to be an elitist.

No you don't, you just have to act like you are.

Hanamaru Kunikida
03-06-2012, 02:35 PM
No you don't, you just have to act like you are.

>Act

Acting doesn't make you superior. You could act superior but deep inside you're worthless crap.

Still makes you pretty worthless if you aren't really succesful.
Acting means crap.

In case of people like Xey; I'm pretty sure they tell that to themselves to hide that fact they can't make friends or can't do anything worth mentioning in life. =D

Eris
03-06-2012, 02:47 PM
>Act

Acting doesn't make you superior. You could act superior but deep inside you're worthless crap.

Still makes you pretty worthless if you aren't really succesful.
Acting means crap.

Elitism is an attitude, not a function of your actual ability, skill, or value as a human being.

Hanamaru Kunikida
03-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Elitism is an attitude, not a function of your actual ability, skill, or value as a human being.

I'm pretty sure being an Elite is a class, in other words a category.

Samuru
03-06-2012, 03:44 PM
And what would you have to do or be to be recognised as an Elite? And in what manner? Society? Politics? The whole "class" thing is just a severly aged system from the late middle ages to let corrupt and powerlust people feel a little better about themselves. That's not what today's society is for, and will never be.

Hanamaru Kunikida
03-06-2012, 04:08 PM
And what would you have to do or be to be recognised as an Elite? And in what manner? Society? Politics? The whole "class" thing is just a severly aged system from the late middle ages to let corrupt and powerlust people feel a little better about themselves. That's not what today's society is for, and will never be.

Exactly. That's not exactly the point though.

But if you are going to behave like you're worth something, prove you are worth something.

I can't be some smelly hobo and just say "I'm an elite, superior to everyone". I'll be delusional and just fooling myself.

In other words, at least back yourself up if you're going to behave like that. That's my point.

It's an annoying attitude, but if you are going to be an elitist , at least exceed everyone academically or in any physical activity or make crap lots of money. If you're just some loser bum, you're completely fooling yourself and making the excuse that peopel don't like you and saying you're an elitist just to make yourself feel better then that's even worst.

Eris
03-06-2012, 04:44 PM

Yes, but an elitist does not need to be part of an actual elite. The elitist just needs to perceive himself as part of an elite that he thinks is entitled to more privileges than others.

Don't get me wrong, this elite may be real, but it's not actually a requirement.

Xeyuzio
03-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Oh yeah, I think I have slight OCD or something, in other words I'm also a perfectionist. :U

Anoleis
03-06-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm the happiest cynic this side of Nostradamus. I have little to no sympathy or empathy. I'm observant, slightly paranoid, and pedantic; these are a fun combination.

Velvet_Nightmare
03-06-2012, 06:16 PM
I know we're all imperfect people, living imperfect lives in an imperfect world.

Once I started saying it, hardly anything gets me down for more than 5 minutes.

Matty
03-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Hmm.... I laugh a lot, probably permafried, lol.

I'm hella smart tho, don't let my grades slip for a second; unless the class is extremely boring, but then I just drop it and take up another more interesting one in it's place.

I love fun; get bored fairly easily as well. Unfortunate, but I keep my friends on their toes. Fun is my philosophy in life; all work and no play made a johnny a dull boy, right? But there is such thing as too much fun, so I try and keep.... not really a happy medium, but not excessive ammounts that it interferes in the seriousness of life; moments where I have to be serious anyways.

OCD when it comes to work only; my house is a mess most times....

Go to live shows a lot at the bars or clubs. Hiphop concerts or bands; doesn't matter as long as they're good.

I would incude more, but it already seems really long compared to others, lol.

So to sum it up: FUN LOVING; PERMAFRIED; INTELLIGENT; BAR GOER; ANIME NERD. Ha; yeah the anime one was a given.

Hanamaru Kunikida
03-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Yes, but an elitist does not need to be part of an actual elite. The elitist just needs to perceive himself as part of an elite that he thinks is entitled to more privileges than others.

Don't get me wrong, this elite may be real, but it's not actually a requirement.

>Think.

Yeah, I know that.

But deep inside they are worthless. That's what I am saying.

It's like cocky people; at least back yourself up if you're claiming superioty, otherwise the person is just delusional.

In this case here; if they are gonna act like an elitist or in your own words "is entitled to more privileges than others" then at least be worthy and not worthless; otherwise it's just too funny.

It's like a hobo saying he's an elitist but in reality it's all a joke because he's a hobo and pretty much inferior in life. So if a rich person with a mansion, with multiple cars and is very succesful thinks he's elitist, sure it's annoying but he has more right to act elitist.

That's all I'm saying, Eris.

Samuru
03-08-2012, 06:03 AM
Well, this thread is not supposed to be used as a discussion board regarding classes... But hey, who cares. Tell us something about yourselves!

SakuraKiss13
03-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Well, I'm pretty flamboyant.. People often mistaken me for a girl for having this high pitch voice. :D
I'm talkative, I was always made "most" talkative person in our elementary days and I speak fast. Yup, just imagining I was a tape that can be fast forward. Sometimes, I sound like a Chipmunk, Frog, Pig, and even a cat. They also say that I'm Chinese for being having this Chinese-like eyes.

pikachulove
03-08-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm too jolly to people and when I'm sad they don't take me serious. I have problem telling people when they hurt me and usually don't show emotions. People just see the funny me.

animegirl2365
03-18-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm usually known for being weird. I wear lots of crazy outfits, accessories and hairstyles. I never look the same, once I have worn a hairstyle or an outfit u will never see me in the same one. I'm also very nice and most people think I'm funny. I can be quiet at times but I'm no where near shy. I can be loud and outspoken as well it depends who I'm talking to or what kind of situation I'm in. I've very creative and hate anything that's ordinary...
Dare to be different! :D

Gero50
03-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Kind, calming, approachable, and understanding. Thats pretty much Gero in a nutshell oh also influential.

Chigumi
03-19-2012, 04:31 AM
I'd almost say I don't have one personality.
Because I have a formal self and a personal self.
People that I meet in public places wouldn't even know the real me.
But my friends, they mostly say one and the same thing:
- Harsh/jerk/bully
- Perverted
- Beauty WITH brains
- Easy to prank/to make fun of
- Lazy with everything
- Easily distracted
- Random stuff shout out
- Extremely loyal
- Cute goof
- Man hater

This is the version of me by people who THINK they know me:
- Easy flirt
- Naive, easy
- Tactless
- Emo
- Pretty Princess Complex
- Cuddly/snuggly
- Rages a lot (makes me LOL every time)
- Shy/insecure

If you thought I'm like this, this means you've been talking to my formal character. Sorry.

Munchman
03-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Well, above everything id say i am quite shy. Ido my best not to show my true self to anyone and i suck at social situatons . I kinda abuse sarcasm , am very very lazy (I have a sociology exam in 2 hours , and instead of studying i am here), and most people say i am a jerk but i think they only say that because they dont know me.... I am usually very quiet and hate people who make a fuss out of everything.

In0kz
03-19-2012, 08:09 AM
I'd say I'm 50% over thinking things and 50% not caring about stuff and then mix this in a bathtub with an equal amount of laziness and that would be me. So the outcome is that I'm a really active guy who runs at 200% at all time :P

S o l o
03-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Im quiet person at times, unless ya get to know me.
I tend to space out constantly in my own little world. I love to see people smiling, I think thats when they look their best.
I'm easily amused by small things and I also enjoy them.
SO per say we're in a Wal-mart and I see a Darth Vader plushie...well of COURSE I'm gonna dork the hell out!
OR we're in a grocery store and we walk down an aisle full of different flavors of Gatorade...yeah ya ever seen that?! Aren't the colors AWESOME?!

Also at times I can be carefree and just let the little kid inside of me show. (:

Hakoshi
03-20-2012, 07:51 PM
well it depends how you meet me I guess
most of my friends all say I'm
- cute (wut..)
- clueless (I agree..)
- perverted (just my drawings..)
- lazy (always..)
- strange (always..)
- paranoid (at night..)
- honest (meh)
and some other stuff...
all in all I think I'm just "go with the flow, and be happy go lucky until you have to resort to reacting" kind of person.. xD

Miss Manipulation
03-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Perhaps I'm really just an odd person but I tend to act a little different depending on who I'm with. If I am in a public place without a friend or anyone with me (like in class. I've got no friends in any classes of mine except for one) I am very distant. I do not make an effort to socialize and if you come up to me, expect the worst greeting. Especially if you are interrupting my time reading which is usually what happens. When I share my opinions in class, most of them are negative though I'm getting more optimistic as time goes by. It's happening slowly but surely. Through my writing you'd probably accuse me of having a terrible childhood or a horrible love life. Online it changes a little. For some reason I act a little happier and carefree. But I guess that comes with not having people really watching you and if worse comes to worse, you can leave the website. It's not like you have to deal with any of the members offline. Maybe one or two but not all whatever thousand of them.

Around acquaintances I act polite but unless I truly think we could be friends I usually try to end the conversation as soon as possible so I can go back to my solitude. I do cherish my time alone. If it is someone I must impress (someone of high authority, for example. And I don't mean teachers. I mean people with high-paying jobs in the bank and the likes) I often switch to a more sophisticated vocabulary (as sophisticated as I can without wondering if I used a certain word correctly), smile, and do my best to seem goal-oriented and well informed. I'm awkward around people like waiters or cashiers, though. Not sure why.

With friends, I act a little different depending on who I'm with but overall I'm a little more cheerful. I'm a bit of a show off (I do like to talk about myself quite a bit) but I try not to be too arrogant. I always seem to try to impress them. That has almost become a habit now. I let it be known that despite having a few childish moments, I am perfectly capable of acting mature and carrying on a conversation about politics if I so desired. Not that discussing Rick Santorum or anyone makes me more mature. Just an example. The thing that really tends to change is how much I let loose. Which is never enough as I'd like to be because I'm afraid of what others think of me.

I've overheard people in my class call my scary or mean-looking and I've had people come up to me numerous times asking why I'm sad. I'll ask them why they think I'm sad and they'll blame it on my expression. That does not really have anything to do with my personality but I should warn you that I am the type of person who cannot control her anger well (which is why I do my best to avoid situations that vex me).

EDIT: See? I do like to talk about myself! I just wanted to add that actually, I can't control my emotions in general too well. If i cry, I bawl, if I am mad I cause pain. If I am happy, I jump off the walls (only when I am alone, though. There's no way I'll let the general public see me as a happy-go-lucky person! Especially when the general public tends to think I'm still very depressed. I'd rather have that reputation. It seems to give people the idea that I'm more intelligent. Well, it gives the people in my school that idea.).

Aleyna
03-22-2012, 03:46 AM
I try to be a thoughtful, sweet, and nice person.
I'm usually quiet, but laidback around people in general.
Around people I know and get along with, I can be silly and random.

CrimsonMoon
03-22-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm mostly quiet around strangers, but talkative around people that I know. I'm probably the laziest person that I've ever encountered. I look serious to people who don't know me, but I crack jokes with people that I'm close to. I seem cool and calm on the outside, but inside I'm just a chaotic mess, like everybody else. I can be happy one time, then sad in an instant. Sometimes I'm kind to people, but mean to others. In other word, I'm a paradox. I'm probably two sides of a coin.