PDA

View Full Version : [TV Series] Death Note

Rylingo
02-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Death Note Review

Type: TV series - 37 episodes.

Genre: Thriller, mystery, drama.

Plot Synopsis:
Light Yagami a young idealist discovers a Death Note. Death Notes can be used to kill people as long as you know their name. Light sets out to solve the worlds ills by killing off criminals but soon a master detective is on his tail. L searchs to find Light (mascarading as Kira) whilst Light searchs to find Ls real name. And so begins a battle of wits.

Video Review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouYR_uYEkeY

Story: 8/10
Smart and snazzy with a fast paced scintillating twisted plot.

Characters: 9/10
One of the shows strongest areas predominantly because Kira and L play perfectly off each other. The rest of the cast is a mixed bag of performances. Some good, some not so much.

Art/animation: 8/10
Sharp, spikey and never still. It makes even the dullest scene seem like a runaway rollercoaster.

Voice acting, music rating: 8/10
A strong surging music selection combined with great voice acting.

Overall: 8.4/10

luluxiu
04-06-2012, 01:38 AM
I love Death Note, but only love the half part of it.
When L killed by the Shinigami, I thought this anime has changed. It's difficult to find the original feeling. Even thogh N beat Yakami finally, I still think he is not clever as L.

Ayu 「あゆ」
04-06-2012, 01:57 AM
Yeah, honestly, Near only managed to figure Yagami out was bcuz Yagami got extremely careless and reckless. It was much less a battle of wits and more of just Light practically showboating to Near that he was Kira. And then Light is only bested bcuz his subordinate slipped up by visiting the bank.

xMaTTx
06-16-2012, 06:01 PM
I really loved the show as a whole the ending in the tv series was much more gore and climactic then the ending in the manga, but damn it I'll never know what happen to Mesa Mesa (insert head explosion here)

siple
07-13-2012, 03:47 AM
I think this is one of the best anime. But it was more fun before the death of L

Steven21088
07-13-2012, 06:14 AM
I really enjoyed this anime, originally before I had seen it I thought it wasn't going to be that great. I was totally wrong about it one of my favourites by far. L is awesome.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Death Note was definetely one of my fav animes:

Story: 10/10
Original story with an intense, involving plot full of sudden twists and changes, 37 episodes that seem way over 100, great job.

Kira vs L was really an epic fight, I'd give it 10/10 if L hadn't died meanwhile, as neither N or Mello was a fair substitute to L, though I liked both.

Art/animation: 9/10
Animate and anime which has no fighting scenes is hard but Death Note made it pretty good, there are a lot of intense emotions

Voice acting, music rating: 9/10
Nothing to say about voices in the japanese version, Kira, L, N, Mello, Kira's father, Misa, Ryuku, Remus... great voices, perfectly adequate to the characters
Opening 1 is really epic, also the other musics in the middle are very good, just didn't like opening 2.

Overall: 9.25/10
I really really loved Death Note, at least one of my 3 favourite animes, I had only watched typical Shounen animes and so it was inovating for me, but the end was just too
Till L's death certainily over 9.5, the story after L was not that good but was still very very good.
However, the end was not satisfatory for me at all, definetely the worse part of it.

BlackLotus
07-14-2012, 01:08 AM
I thought the entire show was fantastic. Especially the end. It showed that Light with all his genius got cocky and careless. It was a simple of case of him becoming drunk with power. When you think you can't be beat that's when you leave yourself open to fail. That is what happened to Mr. Yagami. Overall I will give the show a 9. There was action, great storytelling, and also good character development.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-14-2012, 07:21 AM
I thought the entire show was fantastic. Especially the end. It showed that Light with all his genius got cocky and careless. It was a simple of case of him becoming drunk with power. When you think you can't be beat that's when you leave yourself open to fail. That is what happened to Mr. Yagami. Overall I will give the show a 9. There was action, great storytelling, and also good character development.

That's exactly what happened, however I didn't like much Death Note's end.

Just loved that sentence "When you think you can't be beat that's when you leave yourself open to fail", so true about Light!

Limbo
07-16-2012, 05:47 PM
I really liked this anime and cheered for Light until the end.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-16-2012, 05:55 PM
I really liked this anime and cheered for Light until the end.

Kinda hard to admit but I did the exact same :p
Indeed, I was expecting him not to die but instead to succeed killing N and the others

Mystelinth
07-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Kinda hard to admit but I did the exact same :p
Indeed, I was expecting him not to die but instead to succeed killing N and the others

Really? I was kinda expecting to because he became a total weirdo at the end.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Really? I was kinda expecting to because he became a total weirdo at the end.

Yeah I did, though the "happy ending" would be that, so the fact that Raito died in the end not that surprising, what was surprising for me was the circunstances in which that took place and which definetely was what I less liked on Death Note

azu25
07-20-2012, 07:20 AM
I would have liked to have seen an ending where Light won, though i did still enjoy how it ended anyway.
Would be great if they'd produce an alternate ending where Light actually did win, it would certainly please the other half of fans who wanted that to begin with.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-20-2012, 08:47 AM
I would have liked to have seen an ending where Light won, though i did still enjoy how it ended anyway.
Would be great if they'd produce an alternate ending where Light actually did win, it would certainly please the other half of fans who wanted that to begin with.

Yeah, definetely I would like to see that ending!
Really not pleased with the real one, just felt a bit fake, though I completely loved Death Note

darkrider21
08-20-2012, 10:43 PM
its good if you are in to mystery and supernatral. it gets a 10 out of 10 in my book

SpikeSpiegel88
08-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Great anime,one best series out there

Clayton_n
08-25-2012, 05:34 PM
How dumb do you have to be to get caught with a killer notebook?

Zammy
08-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Was going to say, I was more of a Light fan the whole way through...lol.

celiaorirene
08-29-2012, 05:43 AM
love this unique anime with a dark style!

iLXAke4#P#AW^cEtbz%tB6vV
03-12-2013, 01:50 PM
I loved this anime! A masterpiece! This is the review I'd give, even though i'm not the best at reviewing stuff:

Story: 10/10
This had me hooked. A teenager determined to be "the god of the new world" is brilliant. Then there is a mysterious detective who decides to go against him. I'd say this is a perfect story.

Very good choice of characters. But I think characters like Matsuda don't fit in, because this anime isn't exactly the kind to have any comedy in it.

Art/animation: I honestly don't care how good or bad the animation is on most anime.

Voice acting/music: 10/10
The music goes perfectly with each scene. And I don't remember any flaws in the voice acting.

*this review is for the dubbed version

MrPink
03-27-2013, 04:30 PM
I loved this show and i would watch it religiously. I have watched the entire series at least 3 times through. I would give the show a 10 had it not been for the end. I did not really like it because of the way Light acted and how reckless he had become with everything. If only he had kept his cool and not trusted his work to another man he would have been fine. But overall even with the way things were i would give the show a solid easy 9/10. I loved the intro song selection. I say the first theme was way better than the second even though i love the second theme's song better.

All in all: Dang near perfect show. Couldn't ask for a much better show about who is smarter.

zilverkakashi
04-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Light and L both geniuses i love this anime! overall i would give it 9/10

thelegend117
01-08-2014, 04:13 PM
This one i enjoyed alot...a friend recommended it to me and I'm glad they did....i did enjoy the characters and the story...the original soundtrack went really good with this anime....wish it was a little longer than it was. I give it a 9/10

flameye
03-11-2014, 03:15 AM
This one i enjoyed alot...a friend recommended it to me and I'm glad they did....i did enjoy the characters and the story...the original soundtrack went really good with this anime....wish it was a little longer than it was. I give it a 9/10

I have to agree with you, I wish it was longer as I loved character and story line :D