PDA

View Full Version : The Secret World of Arrietty

Matty
02-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Has anyone gone to theatres to see it yet? I was gonna check it out on the weekend, but got held up elsewhere. Just curious if you thought it was good; if it stood up to the other Studio Ghibli classics; and if it's by any chance in 3D.

Please post without spoilers if you can on your thoughts on it... But if spoilers come up, please mark it as a spoiler. I won't care after I go see it this weekend, I just wanna know what I'm in for... ie. good watch/worst movie ever.

blueangel06661
02-20-2012, 09:23 PM
I saw it a few months ago then went again for the opening midnight premiere in theaters.

It's a decent watch and of course it's not in 3D.. When is anything Studio Ghibli in 3D -___- If you know anything about them you'd know they focus on very traditional 2D animation styles...........

It's a cute and very relaxing watch.. My boyfriend tolerated it so that's a plus.. It's a slow paced anticlimactic movie really but if you like Studio Ghibli then you'll see it at some point......

Jacob's Ladder
02-21-2012, 02:21 AM
Yes...this was a pretty good Ghibli movie. Though the AMC I went to, was showing it in the smallest theater. There weren't enough seats for everyone.

It reminded me so much of a cartoon that was shown called "The Littles". And I was surprised that the voice acting was done rather well.

Dorian Gray
02-23-2012, 12:48 PM
I saw it in theatres yesterday, and I really enjoyed it.