PDA

View Full Version : Questions that you really have to think about

Kaleohano
02-20-2012, 04:09 AM
So i see a lot of these "get to know each other" threads that just ask general questions. favorite this and that kind of stuff.
I'm hoping that i can start one where we ask questions that you really have to think at a deeper level.

And please don't hesitate to answer a question that someone else has already answered.

so without further ado, allow me to get started

Basic question:
Would you sacrifice your life to save that of a loved one.

Here's what to think about:
if you give up your life to save theirs and they know it, how do you think they might feel about it? you're out of the picture, but they must live on with the knowledge that they are at least in some way responsible for what has befallen you.
so will you force them to go through life with this burden of being responsible for your death? or will you allow them to die, and take that burden on for yourself, thus saving them from further pain?

http://www.vampyourspace.com/graphics/death/1/3.jpg

pikachulove
03-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Yes I would but the fact is that the person might never forgive you for the permanent guilt they have to face.

John Watson
03-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Thats a question I thought of alot, I mean alot! But when do those moments occurr when its just life or death? It's rare but if the moment ever came I willingly sacrifice my life to save their own.
I dunno, I guess at a time like that there's no time to think...and you just instinctively jump towards danger. :/

Darkhallows
03-08-2012, 12:40 PM
When it comes down to it, I don't know. It depends on the situation. I don't know if I'd knowingly kill myself to save someone, but I'd put myself in danger. If that makes any sense?

mrpineapple
03-08-2012, 01:12 PM
of course, these questions always depend on who it is.
If they were really close to me, I probably would sacrifice myself, but like, that's only 1 or 2 people.
Otherwise, I'll be honest, I'd save myself.

Meenah
03-08-2012, 01:22 PM
A sacrifice like that I believe, happens without you thinking. You see a loved one in danger and all you want to do is run in front to protect them. It's like a "quick do something" mode and then you ended up taking your own life for that someone.
I guess I would do that, but at the same time I'm not sure how it'll all end up and whatnot. I don't do it for anyone, just for certain people.

Jacob's Ladder
03-08-2012, 01:44 PM
I asked a question similar to that...but like mrpineapple said there are things that would have to be considered. Why are they in danger? Did they cause the situation? Could it have been avoided? Was the "loved one" warned about such a matter like this happening? If it was something unavoidable, such as a mugging/robbery, or walking out in the street without looking, then yes, I'd put myself on the line for that..no guilt should be felt with that. If it's something they caused with their own ignorance...sometimes loving means letting go.

Kaleohano
03-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Thats a question I thought of alot, I mean alot! But when do those moments occurr when its just life or death? It's rare but if the moment ever came I willingly sacrifice my life to save their own.
I dunno, I guess at a time like that there's no time to think...and you just instinctively jump towards danger. :/

yes, it is a very extreme and incredibly unlikely situation. however, it is in extreme situations where you find out the truth about people. Since i lack the ability and resources to simulate such a situation, the best i can do is to ask you to take your time and really think about what it is you'd do. and this thread is open to anyone who wants to ask other questions that make you think about the rewards, consequences, etc...

Samuru
03-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Self-sacrifice is a tough debate. Yes, I would give my own life to save anothers, and whether or not they take it as a burden is not my responsibility. I did it out of, well, that retarded chemical which causes you feeling attracted to others. Though I have to say, even if it's far harder, I would take any opportunity to save both lives. Yes, I have a sense of self-sacrifice, but I have no intention to die just yet. And neither have the people around me.

Eris
03-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Self sacrifice? Aww hell naw. I can get new loved ones. I can't get another life.

Wio
03-09-2012, 01:24 AM
I might put myself at lethal risk, but I'd never knowingly sacrifice my life.

Saeriel
03-09-2012, 01:55 AM
It's hard to judge without having been in that situation, but I'll try... I don't love people or trust people easily... So yeah, I would die for the one or two I do. I would also die for pregnant people or children *shrug*

Not as my first option, ya know, but if it came down to it... I think I would.

As for how they feel about it afterward... People die. You mourn. And you continue on...

"You are mortal: it is the mortal way. You attend the funeral, you bid the dead farewell.
You grieve. Then you continue with your life.
And at times the fact of her absence will hit you like a blow to the chest, and you will weep. But this will happen less and less as time goes on.
She is dead.
You are alive.
So live."

Free_Heart
03-09-2012, 02:46 AM
I have a family so the answer to this question for sure is yes I'd cause I love them and I care about them especially my younger brother (he is 4 years old) I'm like a mom for him I wouldn't let any thing bad happen to him...but if you mean outside the family I think there wouldn't be anyone for the fact the I almost have no good friends...

SakuraKiss13
03-09-2012, 06:16 AM
Well, It probably a yes for me. I'll do anything for my love. Because even though they'll eventually forget you.
What matters most is that you showed AGAPE <3 - Eternal Love.