PDA

View Full Version : Rescued - after two months trapped in a car covered with snow

SuXrys
02-18-2012, 04:12 AM
Enjoy the rough translation [have used google translate, but even if I tried to correct some of it to make it sound a little better - the text/grammar is still a little weird. Please forgive that]. Here is the original page; http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article14393961.ab

A 44-year-old man was found yesterday in a car covered with snow outside Umeå [a town here in Sweden] - after two months. In Västerbotten Courier [a newspaper] the man survived because he was eating snow.

- It's a miracle he is alive, says Ebbe Nystrom, county administrative officer at the police in Västerbotten, to Aftonbladet.

The man is 44 years old and is originally from central Sweden. He was discovered by a couple of snowmobilers, who first thought they found an abandoned car. When they knocked on the window, they saw that there was a man in the backseat of the car. The drivers immediately alerted police, who arrived on the scene with their snowmobile patrol.

- We went out to the location of tracked vehicle with paramedics. Because there are over a meter of snow at that place, says Ebbe Nystrom to Aftonbladet.

The man, who was heavily dressed and tucked up in a sleeping bag, was so exhausted that he could barely speak. He was lifted out of the car and placed on a stretcher.

- He said he has not eaten food since December 19, except for some snow. He could talk a little bit, but he was very weak.

The man was taken to Norrland University Hospital in Umeå. During the disappearance of the man he had landed on a small road in the forest, and remained at an impasse.

- The road has not been plowed during the winter and there are no footprints to and from the car. The man was greatly emaciated, he has been there since December, says Ebbe Nystrom.

The man was not reported missing by his relatives. How he ended up on the site is currently unclear. Police headlining the matter as an illness.

- It's a miracle he is alive.
--------------------------------------
[Im surprised that he could survive for that long, and that his relatives didn't reported him missing].
I don't use to say somthing like this but... this was truly a miracle. After everything that man have been threw, I really hope that he'll come out from this experience okey, and that he won't get any bigger injures from this [psychic ones, exc].

Anyone heard of anything similar like this before?

sataned
02-18-2012, 01:41 PM
this guy shouldve just peed his way out.

Random User
02-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Sounds like he had a merry Christmas.

Eris
02-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Yeah, that happened just outside of the city I live in. Weird is what it is.

SuXrys
02-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Yeah, that happened just outside of the city I live in. Weird is what it is.
Do you know why he wasn't reported missing, and how he is now?

Eris
02-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Do you know why he wasn't reported missing, and how he is now?

Apparently he has no living relatives. Last I heard he's in hospital now, which is the same as your article is saying. Apparently he's doing well considering the circumstances.

SuXrys
02-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Last I heard he's in hospital now, which is the same as your article is saying. Apparently he's doing well considering the circumstances.
I knew that he was in the hospital, but I thought more about how he felt and such. But it's good to hear that he, during the circumstances, arn't too bad.

Apparently he has no living relatives.
Ok.

~*Red*~
02-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Two months stuck in a car covered in snow? Damn o_o

TadashiED
02-18-2012, 06:52 PM
This guy is a boss. It's so crazy how he survived 2 months trapped in snow. Kudos to this guy, and I hope he makes a full recovery! :)

SuXrys
02-27-2012, 12:05 PM
It says in the news that Discovery are planning to do a one hour documentary about this now.