PDA

View Full Version : How many drinks to get drunk?

Matty
02-15-2012, 02:21 AM
For me, I can handle about 4 sapporo's, or a 6 pack of Keith's before I start feeling drunk. When it comes to hard liquor tho, I'm a sissy on everything except for tequila. Even one Jaeger bomb gets me tipsy.

For those that don't drink, you can just put yourself down for one, lol. Although I will say, my girlfriend is a non-drinker; gets wasted after downing a beer, but she puts back 4 Singapore Slings at the bar and walks fine.

Jasanime
02-15-2012, 02:55 AM
Hi Matty, I'm fairly small, but I drink, um, frequently. So a whole bottle of red will usually get the job done, or if it's spirits (mixed) maybe 6-8? Most of the time I don't drink to get drunk and will stop at 1 or 2.

Assiduous✡Aristocrat
02-15-2012, 05:52 PM
It takes a lot. Three shots of Tequila and at least four Coronas.
Must be Russian, or something.

Matty
02-15-2012, 07:10 PM
It takes a lot. Three shots of Tequila and at least four Coronas.
Must be Russian, or something.

Lol; I'm qaurter Irish, I guess that's where I get my love of beer from :D

Velvet_Nightmare
02-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Depends.

Once it took me about 8 shots of Jack.

One sober month later, took me almost an entire bottle of vodka.

=/

Aku no Hikari
02-15-2012, 09:21 PM
I can drink a lot of water and not feeling drunk.

AnimeBboy
02-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Not sure I don't drink nor do i ever plan to start so I can't give a number.

Aulos
02-15-2012, 10:34 PM
I don't know. I took a few sips of a beer and that was enough for me. It didn't make me drunk, it was just disgusting and I have no need to acquire that taste.

Jacob's Ladder
02-16-2012, 01:50 AM
(x2) 4 Horsemen, 1 Lemon drop, x2 shots of Jose Quervo, and a coke & rum get my motor humming. After that the world doesn't matter, I'm having fun. lol

T-Stew
02-17-2012, 02:27 AM
I never was much of a drinker, well actually I didnt drink at all, ha! Yeah I was one of those goody whatever dont drink dont smoke blah blah all the way through college. It wasnt until after college that I loosened up a bit and started drinking wine once in a while, or some mixed drinks out with my work buddies or at a conference or something like that. Never did like the taste of beer, although I'll have one or two every once in a great while. So I still have never been drunk. Most I have drank was like 4 drinks in an evening, like 3 margarita (one was a really big top shelf one) and 1 other mixer, and I was definitely feeling a bit wobbly but thats about as far as it went.
As bad as I usually feel in the morning already, no need to make it worse ha!

Jasanime
02-17-2012, 04:35 AM
Matty, I just opened my second bottle of wine, and barely tipsy, so doing well tonight.

mrpineapple
02-17-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm from Ireland :P this is my area of expertise :P

ehh.. 2-4 to be tipsy. 8-12 to be getting there, and i haven't had the monies to try go all out black-out dont-remember-anything drunk yet.
My friends say I'm a lightweight too :P

I mainly drink pints though, can have tons of shots, so expensive :'(

Elukien
02-17-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm not entirely sure, really depends on the speed on how you drink. The last time I got drunk, I had: 4 shots of Captain Morgan's Rum, 3-4 Shots of Whiskey, 6 can of beer, 1-2 cans of Cider and Coke & Rum. That is one night I'm not going to forget anytime soon but no, in general it takes a while for me to get drunk though it depends on the speed on how you drink.

zupinu2000
02-17-2012, 09:17 AM
drink 1 coca cola and you are drunj

Screwby
02-17-2012, 09:53 AM
I try not to get drunk as I dislike the loss of motor controls and ability to think but half a bottle of vodka will usually get me in a drunken state. A quarter of the bottle will get me tipsy. For some reason wine has a stronger effect on me and will get tipsy after 3 cups.
Most of the time I'll just have a 6 pack of beer as that won't get me too tipsy but is just enough to give you that boost in confidence. Keep in mind though that Australian beer is way weaker than other countries.

-GAZKUL-
02-17-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm Scottish so whatever it takes for you double it and you'll have what it takes for me.....

Eris
02-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Quarter bottle of vodka and I'm starting to feel the effects.
Half a bottle of vodka you can start calling me drunk.
An entire bottle of vodka and I'm hammered.
One and a half to two bottles and I get black outs.
More than two bottles and I get alcohol poisoning.
More than three bottles and I'm probably dead.

mrpineapple
02-17-2012, 01:36 PM
define drunk?

~*Red*~
02-17-2012, 05:43 PM
I hardly ever drink, so I don't know how many it would take.

The Wing Man
02-17-2012, 10:58 PM
It really depends on what I'm drinking or what I did that day, it's so different for me, sometimes I drink a lot and don't get very drunk and other times I have about 8 beers and get pretty buzzed.

For the most part though, it takes me at least 7 drinks to get drunk, anymore after that, I stay about the same until the teens.

animeyay
02-17-2012, 11:55 PM
Probably very few. I'm not sure though, 'cause I don't drink at all. Never even tried. :P

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Depends on the alcohol.

Beer does not get me drunk anymore...just a little bit tipsy with my 7th bottle or something.

Middy
02-18-2012, 12:09 AM
For me, I can handle about 4 sapporo's, or a 6 pack of Keith's before I start feeling drunk. When it comes to hard liquor tho, I'm a sissy on everything except for tequila. Even one Jaeger bomb gets me tipsy.

For those that don't drink, you can just put yourself down for one, lol. Although I will say, my girlfriend is a non-drinker; gets wasted after downing a beer, but she puts back 4 Singapore Slings at the bar and walks fine.

Sissy on everything except for tequila?!
Haha, I'll drink anything BUT tequila!

After about a quarter of a handle I'm nice and drunk.

DOOM!
02-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Depends on when was the last time I drank and how thirsty for alcholol I am. Usually when I thirst, I get tipsy from the first glass but dont go kaput on the party.

Eris
02-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Sissy on everything except for tequila?!
Haha, I'll drink anything BUT tequila!

After about a quarter of a handle I'm nice and drunk.

Yeah. Stay away from tequila. It's not worth it. Every single time I've had tequila, the following happens:

1. I wake up.
2. I have the mother of all hangovers.
3. I realize I have no memory of last night.
4. Over the next 6 or so months, I meet strangers that tell me of all the stupid crap I got up to that night I had tequila (usually I gain a nickname or two).

Ugh. Never again.

sataned
02-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Yeah. Stay away from tequila. It's not worth it. Every single time I've had tequila, the following happens:

1. I wake up.
2. I have the mother of all hangovers.
3. I realize I have no memory of last night.
4. Over the next 6 or so months, I meet strangers that tell me of all the stupid crap I got up to that night I had tequila (usually I gain a nickname or two).

Ugh. Never again.

tooooo funny! hahahahhahah. never had a hang over off of liquor but the brews buck me up. got bucked up last night as a matter of fact. woke up next to a plate of food. think i made it last night. im a freakin chef ramsey when drunk! bwahahahahah.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-18-2012, 07:00 PM
The amount that it takes for me to get drunk is the exact amount that you're willing to pay for me!

Matty
02-20-2012, 03:16 AM
No love for the Tequila??? Lol; it's a tradition everytime I go to the bar to pound back shots of it. But I always do it with the salt and lime; straight shots just go down.... funny, lol.

Kaleohano
02-20-2012, 04:42 AM
i'm from germany, so i've been blessed with the natural gift of filtering beer like water. it takes a lot of that to get me drunk lol. but my friend makes his own genuine moonshine. and the only way to properly describe how strong it is is through some extremely derogatory language. 2 shots and i am set for the night. i've had whole bottles of jagermeister to myself and i didn't puke. one night i had 4 shots of his moonshine and we all had us a little discussion about what i had for breakfast and lunch soon thereafter.

S o l o
02-20-2012, 09:13 AM
I prefer liquor :3 honestly it doesn't take alot till I'm feeling tipsy..four? Five maybe? Course I don't drink all the time. o_o' I don't want to wake up like last time...still slightly buzzing...no memory with how I ended up stairs passed out on the floor, smiley faces draw all over my arms. -___-'' I remember dancing to 'She's A Bad Mama Jama' oh my goodness. *facepalm.*

.:neuko:.
02-20-2012, 08:21 PM
I usually feel the effects of alcohol after a mere 2 pints of lager. To get me feeling merry it's usually around 4 pints, and to get drunk to the point of behaving irresponsibly, well, I can't say exactly, except that it'd be a lot.

Strangely enough, I've only got morning hangovers from drinking lager and cider, but not from spirits and wine. For that reason I don't drink lager and cider anymore - and tbh, I'd rather spend my hard-earned cash on other things. The only time I ever consume alcohol these days is on occassional events such as Christmas and birthdays, and then only wine.

darkrider21
03-06-2012, 09:20 PM
a cuppel mikes hard blackcherry lemonades.im not much of a drinker and i plan on keping it that way

Trippy Hippie
03-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Just hand me a bottle of Whiskey and a bottle of rum and I'll be good for the night. Usually takes me about 2 or 3 shots of straight stuff and some mixed drinks to do it, I have a bar in my house, you figure it out.

Gero50
03-12-2012, 12:50 AM
I am thin so it dose not take me long to feel it. I'd say 3-4 beers would do it. Even less for harder stuff.

Samuru
03-12-2012, 03:33 AM
I have never been drunk as of yet. No matter how much I drink, everything stays perfectly normal, so weird.

Geräusch
03-13-2012, 01:36 AM
Around 5 beers.

smile1010
03-13-2012, 01:43 AM
Im excited for it to be my 21st birthday, sadly I drank more when I was 16 then in my 20's. I would say about three Bud Lights would get me dangerously tipsy...But if I try and chug 'em it makes me puke.. >.<

marvel_phoenix
03-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Last night it was two shots of vodka on an empty stomach. :P But then again, I hadn't really had much for alcohol for over two weeks. My tolerance was low.

TheAsterisk!
03-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Can someone tell me what is so appealing in drinking that you'd rather not spend an equivalent amount of money for an evening of candies and illegal firecrackers?

The spectacle of flame, explosives and lets say cotton candy is just a petting zoo and a bearded lady short of a carnival. Better than booze, I'd figure.

Better yet, just go to the carnival, everyone- sober and tipsy alike. Vomit always makes the Tilt-a-Whirl so much more amusing from where I sit, at a safe distance, watching the parade of humanity eat greasy sausages and funnel cakes as they amble past my throne.

Go now! You know my wishes!

sarahc
07-05-2012, 01:39 PM
hmm Depends, I can drink beer all day and not be drunk, maybe a bit giggly/tipsy, I can have 2 or 3 bottles of wine and be pretty merry, Last time I was out on Islay (tiny little island on Scotland, famous for whiskey) I must have drank about 2 full bottles of vodka (split with my friend) and I was still pretty much in control, although I tend to start talking crap when I drink so :\

I'm Scottish so whatever it takes for you double it and you'll have what it takes for me.....

I'm from Scotland too!, funny thing was, when I read this post, I automatically thought the same haha.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

i'm from germany, so i've been blessed with the natural gift of filtering beer like water. it takes a lot of that to get me drunk lol. but my friend makes his own genuine moonshine. and the only way to properly describe how strong it is is through some extremely derogatory language. 2 shots and i am set for the night. i've had whole bottles of jagermeister to myself and i didn't puke. one night i had 4 shots of his moonshine and we all had us a little discussion about what i had for breakfast and lunch soon thereafter.

The last time I drank Jagermeister straight.... Work night out, ended up singing Blink 182 and attempting to sing Rammstein (how is that even possible?!) in a curry house :| never again !!, it seems to make me go a bit nuts ! yet I can drink so much vodka and still be sane !

TheThunderBringer
07-05-2012, 01:56 PM
17 years old an allergic to hops. Of course, that only rules out beer, which I doubt I'd like the taste of anyway. I don't really see myself being the kind of person to ever get drunk, but who knows.

So far, designated driver at all parties

Mystelinth
07-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Hmhh... about 3L beer in 90 min ?

Thrasher J
07-05-2012, 02:25 PM
To get me drunk, 5-7 tall glasses of half and half mix.
To get me to not remember anything at all the next day?
Take that, and add almost a full bottle of rum and chug it straight.

luz~
07-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Two double shots of some vodka makes me tipsy. I prefer never to go beyond tipsy.

Princess Cupcake
07-06-2012, 10:42 PM
I don't drink very often, but when I do, watch out! I will be awfully silly and probably puke. As a lightweight, it only takes a shot or too of that good stuff and I am plenty plastered. :3 Beer is gross, imo, so I don't drink it. But I will drink wine and spirits. One time, I was taking shots of some pretty harsh whiskey, one right after another, and I was so drunk that I barfed pretty soon afterward. I can't handle my liquor~ ._.

threewolves
07-06-2012, 10:58 PM
I dont drink often. Mainly cause being over in Scotland for a few years spoiled me to good ale and cider. So if I drink, its usually a good dark beer. Though I do like Mikes and Zmirnoff's fruit drinks.

Tequila, unless its in something else I wont touch, mainly due to the only time I have been violently ill was doing shots of that. :)

But I would say maybe 2 good dark ales to get me buzzing, and maybe 4 or 5 to get plastered, but not sure, since I cant drink that many in one sitting, I tend to nurse my ales. I can drink easily 6 of the zmirnoffs and just get a buzz. Whiskey and coke, a few of those could do the trick though. :)

And yes, I know my drinks. I said I dont drink often now, not that I never have often in my lifetime. :p