PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Tournament: Battle 4 Theme

Archaic Devices
02-13-2012, 09:42 PM
Almost done with the first rounds!

Division 1:
Sh0u vs. iamdragon

Theme: Fanart

Nice generic theme which I think will nicely display both of your artistic skills. Because this is fanart, I would very much appreciate it if you linked the original drawing when you submit your drawing.

Division 2:
MaruDashi vs. Fangirl1230

Theme: Animals

Another fairly generic theme. If you don't have a pet anywhere around your house, feel free to use an image from the internet.

All entries are due Sunday, February 26th. You can either submit your drawing on a post in this thread or you can PM it to me. Good luck!

Jacob's Ladder
02-14-2012, 12:13 AM
This is what I've been waiting for...the "heavy weight" battle. Do your best all of you. ;)

-akichan-
02-14-2012, 02:15 PM
This is what confuses me. So drawing a fanart doesn't have to be an existing anime character, right? And this theme is about just animals. I'm confused =(

Jacob's Ladder
02-14-2012, 04:11 PM
This is what confuses me. So drawing a fanart doesn't have to be an existing anime character, right? And this theme is about just animals. I'm confused =(

Fan art theme is based on a character that already exists, but you putting your own style oand thought into that character.

Ωmega
02-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Does it have to be just a sketch or can it be a colored piece? This would give me a great chance to really play with paint tool sai

-akichan-
02-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Fan art theme is based on a character that already exists, but you putting your own style oand thought into that character.

So now I wonder if my AC fanart would go with both themes...:(

Archaic Devices
02-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Does it have to be just a sketch or can it be a colored piece? This would give me a great chance to really play with paint tool sai

Color is fine.

Sh0u
02-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Eh heh...I'm not sure I'm qualified to be put under "heavy weight." But I'll do my best not to let your expectations down ^^

Jacob's Ladder
02-25-2012, 12:35 PM
No entries posted yet? :(

Ωmega
02-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Im still working on mine >_>;;
think I shot myself in the foot a bit with the animal I picked

Jacob's Ladder
02-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Im still working on mine >_>;;
think I shot myself in the foot a bit with the animal I picked
What did you pick? PM me if you don't want to say here. lol

Ωmega
02-25-2012, 03:21 PM
PEACOCK OMG NEVER AGAIN

This is also my first piece in paint tool sai @_@

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/8461/peacockh.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/peacockh.jpg/)

Jacob's Ladder
02-25-2012, 03:34 PM
PEACOCK OMG NEVER AGAIN

This is also my first piece in paint tool sai @_@

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/8461/peacockh.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/peacockh.jpg/)

Holy smeg-heads!! That is awesome Maru...(O///O)...I'm completely blown away.

Sh0u
02-26-2012, 12:00 AM
My finished piece can be found on my deviantart (my website link) I already submitted it to Arrancar =)

iamdragon
02-26-2012, 03:04 AM
hi ..
I do not think I am lucky guy..the My first opponent is very strong ,I don't think I have
any chance to win so it doesn't matter what I will draw it will be hopeless .
But anyhow my drawing was about Actress who doing anime voice her name nana mizuki .
wish me good luck and I really need it

Jacob's Ladder
02-26-2012, 03:33 AM
hi ..I do not think I am lucky guy..the My first opponent is very strong ,I don't think I have any chance to win so it doesn't matter what I will draw it will be hopeless .But anyhow my drawing was about Actress who doing anime voice her name nana mizuki .wish me good luck and I really need it
iamdragon Oh....my...God! This is fantastic!! You really have confidence issues...when you are a genius and it shows in your work. Be proud of your...talent, I know I am.

Shou your link doesn't work.

Gyzra
02-26-2012, 09:45 AM
iamdragon I really love how you drew the voice actor =] nice work

iamdragon
02-26-2012, 10:03 AM
It doesn't matter if I win or lose because I already win when I get all these words from you guys and I don't have any thing to say more than this ....thank you guys

Sh0u
02-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Jacob's Ladder you did try clicking on my homepage yes? I tried it out just now and it worked for me. Anyway if you're curious as to what it looks like here's my link to the pic itself. http://shoukun0.deviantart.com/#/d4qklvy

Jacob's Ladder
02-26-2012, 04:13 PM
My finished piece can be found on my deviantart (my website link) I already submitted it to Arrancar =)
Sorry, thought the link was included with this post...heh. :) That tales of the Abyss drawing is really good! I knew would be a great battle.

Sh0u
02-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Eheh I still have a ways to go, but I'm happy to recieve your compliment. Hopefully I'll continue to impove =)

-akichan-
02-26-2012, 05:07 PM
I PM'ed mine to Observer, but havent got the response whether it is accepted or not =(

Ωmega
02-26-2012, 05:09 PM
I PM'ed mine to Observer, but havent got the response whether it is accepted or not =(

Not sure it will be. This contest was for people who pre-registered to participate, not sure if they'll accept entries from people who didnt post in the sign up thread

Archaic Devices
02-26-2012, 05:14 PM

I'll accept it if I don't hear anything from Fangirl within the next hour.