PDA

View Full Version : [Nick] Avatar: The Last Airbender [Original]

Multigrain
02-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Come on, who doesn't love the original Avatar?

I am aware of the Legend of Korra thread, but I could not seem to find a thread for the original series. I'm surprised and angered by you, Animeforum Western Animation forum! For shame!

On a serious note, i've only seen up to Chapter 6 of Book 2, and hope to see the rest very soon. So far, my favorite moment is... Well, I don't remember the episode name, but it had a psychic named Aunt Wu and a servant named Ling who had a crush on Aang. The whole second half of the episode is pure awesome: they manage to convince the town the volcano's gonna blow, and then when it does AANG KICKS THE LAVA'S BUTT. It also helps it's one of the Kataang episodes :3

Speaking of Kataang, this thread can also cover shipping, if you like. As long as everyone remains civil and always keeps a focus on the original show, there shouldn't be any problems.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-07-2012, 11:55 PM
I loved the Avatar series. Toph is my favorite character. She's just awesome, barnone.

Darkhallows
02-08-2012, 06:19 AM
Avatar is probably the best thing to come out of Nickelodeon.
Azula's always been my favorite.

Xian Jaguar
02-08-2012, 07:03 AM
fffffffffffff May is my favorite cuz she's so emo

Dorian Gray
02-08-2012, 11:32 AM
I have seen every episode in the series and loved it. Sokka has always been my favorite.

Multigrain
02-08-2012, 11:17 PM
I like Mai and Toph the best.

Though Tai Lee's really got a lot going for her...

Xian Jaguar
02-09-2012, 06:58 AM
Sokka is the funniest on the whole show

Headphone Actor
03-04-2012, 09:39 PM
I love Avatar, and can't wait for the Legend of Korra. Too bad the new series is only going to be 12 episodes long, unless it gets good ratings. :P Anyways, Avatar is amazing - and another plus, its fanbase is mostly sane. My favorite episode is either the one that introduces Bloodbending, the one where Aang and friends meet the one dude that sings the Secret Tunnel song, or the one where the group is lost in the desert and Sokka gets high from some cacti. xD

Azula's always been my favorite.

Yesss. *brofist* Azula is amazing. ♥ And cute.

Matty
03-09-2012, 12:11 AM
The series was amazing... I hate that M. Night Shamalan directed the movie; he's a suspense director, and made Sokka WAY too serious.

They just came out with a graphic novel of a continuation of the series after the cartoon ended. Avatar fans should check it out!
Hands down the best cartoon I've ever seen; I fealt ashamed of downloading it (which doesn't happen often), so I went on eBay and bought the entire seires.
I <3 Avatar!

Gero50
03-10-2012, 04:00 AM
I love the show. I have seen it many times, and will always be a fan. Its been a long time since I watched it though. I have not really had a chance to check out much on Legend of Korra, though I do plan to soon.

Meroty
03-10-2012, 04:14 AM
I really love Avatar... It's the best western animation I've seen so far. :D The story and plot is really very interesting, and there is never a dull episode for me. :3
Zuko is my fave character coz he's so freakin' awesome! >.< Momo is real cute too!

Tobias
03-21-2012, 09:13 PM

I can't wait for LoK; it's premiering early, by the way (March 24th). So far, Bolin is my favourite character of the new series, but as for the original A:TLA, it probably has to be either Smellerbee or Toph :3
I ship them, you know :}D

Explorer Oak
03-21-2012, 11:32 PM
The best "Western" cartoon i have ever seen. I never finished it but it was my favorite show for a while! I like the girl who was blind and could do earth bending: So sick! X )

UltimateMegaCannon
03-27-2012, 12:50 PM
This was an AWESOME show.

Nyokou
03-31-2012, 08:22 AM
I love Toph. She's my favorite.

And really, this fandom is the most sane?! I've seen ATLA fans on Tumblr complaining about how it's the worst fandom and then a week later they're like 'wow we're the best fandom ever'... Mood swings much? xD There also seems to be some sort of war going on with people who ship canon couples and people who ship fanon couples. I haven't run into any of those types of people but they sound scary...

UltimateMegaCannon
04-01-2012, 02:17 AM
What's Legend o' Korra? Is that an Avatar Sequel or something? Never heard of it before.

LivioRazlo
04-01-2012, 04:47 AM
What's Legend o' Korra? Is that an Avatar Sequel or something? Never heard of it before.

indeed, it's set 100 years after the first series. it's a very good series so far.

Albear
04-03-2012, 12:17 PM
My favorite is Sokka. I like the comic relief supporting characters.
Book 2, Earth was my favorite part of the series. Maybe because I like the earth kingdom.

ItsMeMario
04-05-2012, 05:08 AM
Pretty good show. I like the fact it actually has a sort of anime look about it, including even how some of the characters have that "animeish" appearance.

Road
04-22-2012, 02:13 AM
my favorite would have to be Sokka and May. If this were to be considered an anime, I'd honestly id rank it in my top 2 with Eureka Seven.

The Omega X
05-25-2012, 11:49 PM
Avatar Is A Very Good Series .. Way Better Than The Movie:P

neogalaxy
05-26-2012, 12:06 AM

i would have to agree

sokii
05-30-2012, 03:01 AM
omg yesss. avatar! been a fan since the beginning :>
Toph is such a BA ; u ; b

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

indeed, it's set 100 years after the first series. it's a very good series so far.I though it was 70 years later O:

NOT ACTIVE
05-31-2012, 02:02 PM
I adore avatar. Im so sad it had to end. All the secrets reviled were mind blowing! Sokka and zuko were always my favs. I felt so bad for zuko for all he went through. :(

AshureeChan
06-24-2012, 07:18 PM
I love Avatar I was obsessed with it for the longest time and I still love it! I think I have seen every episode at least 4 or 5 times haha
Sokka and Momo are my faves haha
HATED the live action movie -__- it was atrocious!!

Sokka: What is that?
Aang: This is Appa, my flying Bison.
Sokka: Riiight and this is Katara, my flying sister.

Hahahaha still my favorite quote!

darkrider21
07-13-2012, 08:55 PM
a grate show

BlackLotus
07-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Avatar was a great show I've watched and rewatched that show multiple times. I would have to say that Aang and Zuko are my favorite characters because you see how their destinies are intertwined and how in the end they both need each other more than either of them realize. Show was 10/10!!!!!!:D

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Avatar was a great show I've watched and rewatched that show multiple times. I would have to say that Aang and Zuko are my favorite characters because you see how their destinies are intertwined and how in the end they both need each other more than either of them realize. Show was 10/10!!!!!!:D

So I really need to start watching it soon! :D

KyouFalls
07-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Awesome show i actually remember watching probably most of the episodes when they aired. My favourite character.. hmm, It has to be Toph.

~Travis
08-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Avatar: The Last Airbender is an awesome show.
I have seen every episode of it.
My favorite character would have to be Zuko.

AwesomesauceMudkipz
08-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Avatar the Last Airbender is a show of amazing feats. It is created by those that work for Nickelodeon, and is based on Asian cultures for it's style of artwork, costumes, and characters, and settings, plot, music, and many other aspects within the show. The show has perfect characterization, each individual character is completely unique and has the ability to invoke emotion into the audience. This is also done by the help of the amazing color scheme of the show, the background music, and the voice acting. This is much more than a show, it is a novel. We are not shown a new character and then we know everything about that character but instead shown a new character and then we get to see how they develop not only physically but also mentally. Very few shows have that in them. I own the entire series on DVD, and I defiantly (I hope that word is right) recommend it to anyone.

SuXrys
08-18-2012, 09:43 PM
*Puts a necklace of flowers around your neck* Now let's sing!

♪ Two lovers, forbidden from one another... ♫
A war divides their people
and a mountain divides them apart...

Built a path to be together ♩ ♬
I forgot the next couple of lines but then it goes
SECRET TUNNEL!
SECRET TUNNEL!

THROUGH THE MOUNTAIN!
SECRET SECRET SECRET SECRET TUNNEL!

Aawww... I need to watch that show again.

---------- Post added 08-19-2012 at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-18-2012 at 11:11 PM ----------

indeed, it's set 100 years after the first series. it's a very good series so far.
I though it was 70 years later O:

Yes it was (70 years after that is).

second paragraph from the top.

The new series takes place seventy years after the end of the Avatar: The Last Airbender story arc
http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Korra

I love Toph. She's my favorite.

And really, this fandom is the most sane?! I've seen ATLA fans on Tumblr complaining about how it's the worst fandom and then a week later they're like 'wow we're the best fandom ever'... Mood swings much? xD

Why do they complain about it?

There also seems to be some sort of war going on with people who ship canon couples and people who ship fanon couples. I haven't run into any of those types of people but they sound scary...

I ship pretty much all fandoms myself, lol. I guess Im not that picky when it comes to things like these... ~ ship all the ships! xD I have also seen some complaining about some of the "couples" but seriously speaking, I don't get either why people complain so much *joins the crowd of complaining*. It's a fact that everyone doesn't have the same taste and besides; the more fandom and shipping there is (no matter which people they are shipping) the more pictures is there to see on tumblr and such! :-D And Jesus Christ, shipping or not.... Even if it was a while since I did watch that first show I can still sit and laugh so hard to those pictures that people are posting. I love fandom! Especially the Avatar fandom is one of my favorites, so why are people complaining about it?? Q-Q I demand an answer!

Lol, since we are talking about the fandom here (since you like Toph);

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6jgrsS99A1rybsp8o1_400.png

Hahaha, hilarious! Well... Atleast now when it's in the middle of the night... :3

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 AM ----------

Of course, because there where no movie. Now lets not speak about that horrible subject ever again.
Let it die and let no one remember it... I mean, what is there to remember?.. There-where-NO-movie....

*Still upset over the "you know what"*

MitsukiPandax3
08-25-2012, 08:09 AM
Toph is definitely my favourite!! I've loved her ever since she made her first appearance at that earthbending tournament. I also like how sarcastic she is xD
On another note, I ship Zutara :)

SuXrys
08-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Don't forget to read/follow the manga. ~

http://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/avatar-the-last-airbender---the-promise/ <---- follows how Republic City was built, Azula will make a appearance in the upcoming chapter.

Zuko still wants to know what happened to his mom
Hopefully we will in the future find out about that + the flying bison heard that Aang found later on.

http://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/avatar-the-last-airbender---the-lost-adventures/ <--- events that happened between the episodes of the show.

MitsukiPandax3
08-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Don't forget to read/follow the manga. ~

http://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/avatar-the-last-airbender---the-promise/ <---- follows how Republic City was built, Azula will make a appearance in the upcoming chapter.

Zuko still wants to know what happened to his mom
Hopefully we will in the future find out about that + the flying bison heard that Aang found later on.

http://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/avatar-the-last-airbender---the-lost-adventures/ <--- events that happened between the episodes of the show.

cool!!! I didn't know that a manga had been produced for this xD but wait, shouldn't they call this a "comic" instead of manga o.O

SuXrys
08-25-2012, 07:47 PM
cool!!! I didn't know that a manga had been produced for this xD but wait, shouldn't they call this a "comic" instead of manga o.O

No idea. o.O

But now that you mention it, you are right, lol. Aawww well, atleast they called the lost adventures for comics. :P Thank you for being my eyes and ears. ^^

MitsukiPandax3
08-25-2012, 08:18 PM
No idea. o.O

But now that you mention it, you are right, lol. Aawww well, atleast they called the lost adventures for comics. :P Thank you for being my eyes and ears. ^^

hahah, you're welcome xD

Payable In Death
08-26-2012, 01:06 AM
http://www.google.ca/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbm=isch&tbnid=Y8lI4roTuskq8M:&imgrefurl=http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Jrotc193/A_bad_joke%253F&imgurl=http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w62/iloveplatania/happy-i-see-what-you-did-there.png&w=350&h=344&ei=0Lw5UOf9G83figLr4ICIAg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=703&vpy=122&dur=692&hovh=223&hovw=226&tx=88&ty=135&sig=103749102147957055208&page=1&tbnh=110&tbnw=114&start=0&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0,i:151&biw=1024&bih=475

Clayton_n
09-11-2012, 03:36 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k138/Clayton_n/pirates-500x333.jpg

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/336/726/7de.png

cowtipper
10-14-2012, 10:45 PM
where can i watch it online, i've spent 30minutes searching and still can't find a working website.

DeathBlade/13.666
10-14-2012, 10:51 PM
http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/avatar-videos cowtipper

Kurohime2012
10-17-2012, 09:22 AM
i loved the avatar series, and when i discovered they made a sequel i was very happy, i`ve re-watched it like 4 times, so enjoy whom haven`t seen it

SuXrys
02-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Is there anyone else but me that reads the manga? I seriously can't wait until the next chapter is released! http://www.shadoom.com/smileys/awwyeah.png

Zukos mom, will I finally find out what happened to you??

GuiltySpark
02-18-2013, 02:42 AM
Where is the love for my main man Uncle Iroh? I loved that old man. He was such a great mentor to my other favorite character Zuko.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_fYFrIhPW0RA/SDTcia5c8DI/AAAAAAAAAUo/ig9XLO_Dldw/s320/mako.jpg

"Happy birthday my son. If only I could have helped you.
Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
like fragile tiny shells
drifting in the foam
little soldier boy
come marching home
brave soldier boy
come marching home..."

KazuYuki
02-27-2013, 01:46 PM
I Absoubletly love Avatar and i hate it when i talk about avatar people think im talking about Avatar the movie with the blue people DX. but yeah its really awesome my fave characters are Sokka, katara and toph and prince zuko slowly edged his way into my heart <3 haha but gotta love Sokka and his sarcasm that me laughing throught the whole 3 seasons!

SuXrys
02-27-2013, 02:33 PM
I Absoubletly love Avatar and i hate it when i talk about avatar people think im talking about Avatar the movie with the blue people DX. but yeah its really awesome my fave characters are Sokka, katara and toph and prince zuko slowly edged his way into my heart <3 haha but gotta love Sokka and his sarcasm that me laughing throught the whole 3 seasons!

If you love Avatar so much, then I hope you're reading the manga aswell?~

:-)

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Where is the love for my main man Uncle Iroh? I loved that old man. He was such a great mentor to my other favorite character Zuko.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_fYFrIhPW0RA/SDTcia5c8DI/AAAAAAAAAUo/ig9XLO_Dldw/s320/mako.jpg

"Happy birthday my son. If only I could have helped you.
Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
like fragile tiny shells
drifting in the foam
little soldier boy
come marching home
brave soldier boy
come marching home..."

;-;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVFSXDH9wcs

KazuYuki
02-27-2013, 03:56 PM
If you love Avatar so much, then I hope you're reading the manga aswell?~

:-)

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

;-;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVFSXDH9wcs

haha i jus started reading it! i didnt kno it existed till i posted earlier xD reading it now, its sooooooooooooo GOOD!

DeathBlade/13.666
11-09-2013, 12:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DITY1WzbLj8&feature=player_embedded
For fans that remember the episode and love swords too.

marisauna
11-09-2013, 12:28 PM
I watched it so many times I eventually got tired of it. I saw every episode at least 3 times.

~OTAKYU~
01-08-2014, 05:26 AM
Is avatar even a cartoon or an anime?

KyouFalls
01-08-2014, 01:34 PM
Is avatar even a cartoon or an anime?
Depends on opinion.

~OTAKYU~
01-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Depends on opinion.

Your saying that if i want it an anime it turns to an anime and if i want it to be a cartoon it becomes a cartoon *poof*:laugh: :huh: :smash: :Bump: :help2: dont get it...

KyouFalls
01-09-2014, 03:05 AM
Your saying that if i want it an anime it turns to an anime and if i want it to be a cartoon it becomes a cartoon *poof*:laugh: :huh: :smash: :Bump: :help2: dont get it...
Yes, Some people view it as anime, Some people few it as Cartoons, Opinion... Wait.. Is that opinion....i think i messed up here. lolololololol

~OTAKYU~
01-10-2014, 04:51 AM
Yes, Some people view it as anime, Some people few it as Cartoons, Opinion... Wait.. Is that opinion....i think i messed up here. lolololololol

Yeah you really messed up this topic.

DeathBlade/13.666
01-10-2014, 10:13 AM
Essentially, Anime = Animation. The Cartoons you know and love = animation. BUT not all cartoons are animated, ie: your comics section in the news paper, yes the funny pages, all contain comic strips which are cartoons as well.

EITHER WAY!!!!

Let's get back on topic, shall we?

Have any of y'all seen a box set containing all the books/seasons for ATLA? or are they still selling them by the books/seasons?

Excel Zero
01-15-2014, 02:41 AM
loved it...can ya tell?

Yes I enjoyed it very much. Haven't seen Korra yet but I love Mai

Yung A$$eroya
03-28-2014, 09:23 AM
Sokka's my favorite character haha.

DeathBlade/13.666
11-03-2014, 12:55 PM
I don't know if anyone's paid attention in the comic book world, but IDW is running an Avatar: the Last Airbender series. I've just picked up two hardcover trades and there's possibly a third coming out too. They take place right after the events of the show, with Zuko now being the Fire Lord, Aang trying to restore peace and harmony across all nations, and Toph starting to teach metal bending at her newly founded school. The first trade is The Promise and the second is The Search.

In The Promise starts off with Zuko, Aang, and Katara, trying to bring peace and harmony back to the nations by removing the Fire Nation colonies out of Earth Nation territory, an sending them all back to the Fire Nation. Problems arise though as Yu Dao (the oldest of the colonies) fights to stay, not only as a colony, but also as a mix of Fire and Earth nation due to many Fire and Earth benders becoming friends and family over the years. Because of Yu Dao's attempts to stay and with Fire Lord Zuko's support, the Earth Nation decides to take over Yu Dao by force. Could this re-ignite the war between Fire and Earth Nations?

In The Search, Zuko seeks answers to the whereabouts of his mother. So he gathers Aang, Katara, and Sokka, as well as Azula in order to learn what happened to his mother. But with Azula being insane, what will she do when she finds their mother?

Yes, I've already read them and know the answers to these questions. Just want to entice you to read them. ;P

I must say, as an avid fan of the series and Legend of Korra, I really enjoy the work they've put into the books. They're dead on with the show, and the artwork is just like we remember it. Both books are 238 pages of content, including 12 pages of art sketches and design work for the trade. And I can't really wait for the next one. -fangirls-

Here's a snipit.

http://comicattack.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/The-Promise-part-1.jpg

Clayton_n
11-03-2014, 09:36 PM

Watch Thundercats, Voltron and Megas XLR, then tell us what exactly the difference is between anime and cartoome

DeathBlade/13.666
11-04-2014, 12:01 AM
Watch Thundercats, Voltron and Megas XLR, then tell us what exactly the difference is between anime and cartoome
Don't you dare sidetrack the topic for an argument that's already been discussed in other threads including its own, and already been moved on from here.

Get with the TOPIC!!!

Clayton_n
11-04-2014, 01:12 PM
Fine. is there any reason for Korra and Asami not to date? I'd have already written their wedding, but I'm waiting until the end of Season 4 lest one of them be killed off.

DeathBlade/13.666
11-05-2014, 12:43 AM
Because there's more to the show than just your ships. Also because Korra and Asami don't EXIST in Avatar: the Last Airbender. They only exist in the second part of the Avatar franchise through Legend of Korra.

Blue Spirit
09-27-2015, 01:14 PM
I could have sworn that I replied to this thread, but apparently not. I love Avatar the Last Airbender. It's kind of amusing that I discovered the show only last year, and on this Facebook group I'm a member of will sometimes posts images saying "like if Avatar was part of your childhood" when it was the complete opposite for me. Oh well, haha. I swear that I can watch ATLA on a weekly basis without getting the least tired or bored with the show. I love everything about it -- the jokes and the journey they all go through with Aang. I will sometimes listen to it in the background on my phone while playing a computer game.

Know what I did just the other week though? I was doing a PowerPoint presentation for my second course in Information and Communication, and I had two options. The first was something for a company and the other was to write about a favourite artist or group. Well, I don't have one anymore so I asked my teacher if it was all right to pick an anime show instead. After she said it was okay, I went ahead and gathered information about ATLA, saving pictures and even had "Agni Kai" play throughout the presentation. Unfortunately, I only managed to get a C on it and it was probably because I had too much text of some of the slides. Not sure if she became interested to watch it though since she's in her forties and anime may not be something she'd enjoy.

Anyway, my absolutely favourite character is Uncle Iroh. His personality is the best and I love his jokes and lines. One particular quote of his that always make me smile and laugh is the episode "The Drill" from the second season.

Uncle Iroh: I know your not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but [cries] it's just so sad!

That one is just priceless to me. Other than him, I really like Sokka. His sarcasm and squeaky voice -- what's not to love? :D As for favourite episode, I enjoy "The Cave of Two Lovers" and the singing nomads they meet on their way to Omashu. I usually play that one two or three times because the songs are good and happy and just a funny episode.

SaraG25
09-27-2015, 02:12 PM
Favorite Female Character: Katara
Favorite Male Character: Zuko
Favorite Pet: Momo

I wanted Katara and Zuko to be together sooo bad. I was pissed when they didn't.

Blue Spirit
09-27-2015, 02:40 PM
It did seem like they were going to end up together though, didn't it? They had a few moments where they were completely alone, like when both are held prisoners in the dungeon of the Dai Li. I was hoping that Katara would eventually admit her feelings to Aang since you did get the impression that she liked him back, but at the same time I wouldn't have been disappointed if she ended up with Zuko instead. Who knows what could have happened if Azula hadn't convinced her brother to help her bring down Aang right then and there?

Any particular scene or episode that you liked best? I forgot to mention that the Tales of Ba Sing Se is another favourite. The scene where Uncle Iroh brings a picnic and celebrates the birthday of his dead son, singing "Leaves from the Vine" gets me every time -- every single time -- and I always end up crying. It's so emotional and beautiful. I felt so sorry for Uncle Iroh. And the scene in book one where he tells Zuko that he always thought of him as his son ever since he lost his own son in battle? So sweet.

SaraG25
09-27-2015, 02:54 PM
It did seem like they were going to end up together though, didn't it? They had a few moments where they were completely alone, like when both are held prisoners in the dungeon of the Dai Li. I was hoping that Katara would eventually admit her feelings to Aang since you did get the impression that she liked him back, but at the same time I wouldn't have been disappointed if she ended up with Zuko instead. Who knows what could have happened if Azula hadn't convinced her brother to help her bring down Aang right then and there?

Any particular scene or episode that you liked best? I forgot to mention that the Tales of Ba Sing Se is another favourite. The scene where Uncle Iroh brings a picnic and celebrates the birthday of his dead son, singing "Leaves from the Vine" gets me every time -- every single time -- and I always end up crying. It's so emotional and beautiful. I felt so sorry for Uncle Iroh. And the scene in book one where he tells Zuko that he always thought of him as his son ever since he lost his own son in battle? So sweet.

Yeah, they really did let you think there was something going to happen between the two of them. Azula had the worst timing in the world x.x

Favorite scenes were whenever those two were together and when Sokka got high off of cactus juice. That was pretty funny.

Clayton_n
09-29-2015, 02:22 PM
I hear Azula becomes a fire priestess.

http://i.imgur.com/krkHY55.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111152067/4220523-0236933397-Azula.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/fBMuCMkioe4/maxresdefault.jpg
Azula: It puts the spirit water on its skin or else it gets the hose again!

DeathBlade/13.666
09-30-2015, 10:06 AM
Perhaps... But nothing of Azula is noted following her departure in the The Search storyline following the show. =/ No appearance either in LoK. http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Azula

Clayton_n
10-01-2015, 04:19 PM
They have a comic coming out. Maybe we'll find out there.

Digimon_Sommelier
10-04-2015, 11:48 PM
This cartoon series never caught my attention, to be honest.

I heard that the movie by M. Night Shyamalan was atrocious, but I might watch it someday to see for myself if it's true.

duo02
10-10-2015, 09:56 PM
Toph fan for life here. I great series that I hoped never would come to an end but as they say all good things must come to an end buuuuuut what an end indeed. The story was original the martial arts were true to their styles and for me that is huge being a martial artist myself. I tried watching the korra sequel and... I just couldn't get it going to for me. Atleast for me it lost that magic that the first one brought, that and a clear plot.

Clayton_n
10-13-2015, 01:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGbN_fIoX0o

duo02
10-13-2015, 05:17 PM
^ that was freaking awesome there the ultimate showdown

Nesh
10-14-2015, 03:43 PM
I enjoyed watching these series. One of the better one shown on TV from where I come. Would gladly recommend it to anyone. It's worth the watch :)

Clayton_n
10-15-2015, 12:37 PM
Anyone know the release date for the Korra comic?

DeathBlade/13.666
10-15-2015, 01:16 PM
See the Legend of Korra thread.

Kirito
12-16-2015, 07:54 PM
This show brought some good times... How I wish Nick returned to this era.

Holocast
12-26-2015, 12:31 AM
I really loved this show, watched all the episodes and have some stuffed animals and figurines. My favorite character by far is Zuko, because his character development is my favorite out of everyone. How he got to the point of "hunting the avatar to regain his honor" to becoming Aang's ally and respecting his grandfather and contributing to taking down his father.

Definitely one of the most interesting characters in the series, in my opinion.

Queen P.M.
12-30-2015, 12:48 PM
I completely agree with you onii-sama and I love the episode where Zuko saved Aang from that bum of a general and they had that touching scene about being friends. Avatar is awesome ^^

Holocast
12-30-2015, 01:55 PM
Oh yeah that was definitely one of my favorites. Also where Zuko and his Uncle were pretty much running that tea shop together. That was really cute and it was nice seeing a softer side of Zuko.

Kagome
01-11-2016, 01:43 AM
ADORED this series. So much more intense and better thought out and just--all around better than Korra anyway.

And....Sokka is my Spirit Animal.

Kagome
08-10-2016, 04:56 PM
Probably one of the best and most thought out, deep and most inspirational cartoons of the century-this series has a special place in my heart-along side all of the awesome 90s cartoons.

It was a breath of fresh air in the 2000s when cartoons were literally falling into a crack hole of h*ll...I loved it~and I know many, many others did too!

But what are your thoughts on it? Who was your favorite character? What drew you into the series?

(p.s. Sokka is my spirit animal~)

Clayton_n
08-11-2016, 04:35 PM
I think you'll find there are one or two threads in this...