PDA

View Full Version : [Nick] Invader Zim

DeathBlade/13.666
02-07-2012, 10:44 PM
You can't have a Western/Non-Jap section without mentioning Invader Zim.
What are some of your favorite scenes, characters, and episodes?

Digimon_Sommelier
02-07-2012, 11:09 PM
One Word: #ZimWinning!!!!

I feasted upon this magnificent show while episodes where in foul rotation! I miss the odd, space-esque music and Zim's highly infectious, mystifying laugh, which drew viewers in and made us listen to every sustenance-producing word forming from his green alien lips! *Cries Out On Top of Thunder-Struck Mountain* ZIIIIIMMMM!!!!!!

Ah, well... guess we'll have to sit in silence until Hulu posts it up on that dreary, dreary video streaming page of theirs. *Witch Cackle Slightly Caused by Tickle*

Your Wi-Fi, it's blown out...

DeathBlade/13.666
02-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Gir was always awesome.

http://youtu.be/SSM59xfZZFM

Digimon_Sommelier
02-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Oh, goodie. It says "Embedding Disabled By Request." Who pulled out the plug intentionally? I'll have to get acquainted with the VINDICTIVE creature and take them out for ice cream with the most lickable of sprinkles, heh-heh-heh. *Dark Leer Straight At You Mortals*

Your Wi-Fi, it's blown out...

DeathBlade/13.666
02-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Ah... Crap. They changed the privacy stuff, so I'm not sure If I can get a vid that'll work. Sorry.

LunaLuffsYoux
02-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Gir is my favorite. No, he is my hero.

Headphone Actor
03-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Gaz and Gir are my favorites. (: The show wouldn't be the same to me without them. :3

Anybody heard of Operation Head Pigeons? It's a group that's trying to bring Invader Zim back. Even some of the original voice actors from Invader Zim. including Richard Steven Horvitz and Andy Berman, have joined the group saying they wouldn't mind voice acting in another season of the show. (:

marvel_phoenix
03-03-2012, 06:46 PM
I have seasons 1-3 on DVD. ;) But at one time there was supposedly something about another set of discs or whatever for sale, and if they could sell enough copies then they would make more. I'm guessing they didn't sell enough, otherwise we would have more Zim. :broken:

Headphone Actor
03-03-2012, 09:19 PM
I have seasons 1-3 on DVD. ;) But at one time there was supposedly something about another set of discs or whatever for sale, and if they could sell enough copies then they would make more. I'm guessing they didn't sell enough, otherwise we would have more Zim. :broken:

There was never a third season of Invader Zim, so I'm guessing the third disc you have are the seventeen episodes of the second season that never aired, or the pilot episode, of Invader Zim. xD
The one DVD thing sorta sounds like a hoax, as the producers only created two seasons and only had seventeen un-aired episodes almost completed and a pilot episode. Unless somebody was able to leak parts of the Invader Zim movie that the producers had been working on, and make illegal discs of it. o-o;;

Sorry, I'm nerding out. I love this fandom. xD

marvel_phoenix
03-04-2012, 06:55 PM
There was never a third season of Invader Zim, so I'm guessing the third disc you have are the seventeen episodes of the second season that never aired, or the pilot episode, of Invader Zim. xD

There's actually three volumes, not seasons. :p I realized that after I had posted, but was too lazy to go back and correct myself. :p

The one DVD thing sorta sounds like a hoax, as the producers only created two seasons and only had seventeen un-aired episodes almost completed and a pilot episode. Unless somebody was able to leak parts of the Invader Zim movie that the producers had been working on, and make illegal discs of it. o-o;;

The Operation Doom disc set is just a collection of the highest rated episodes from the series. I can't find if it was an actual attempt to show the network that the show was still viable or not, hence the operative use of the word "supposedly". ;)

Sorry, I'm nerding out. I love this fandom. xD

NP. Invader Zim kinda got a bumb rap, particularly after being brought up by the Prosecution in the Scott Dyleski (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Dyleski) murder trial...

During the trial, the animated televison series Invader Zim was cited. The prosecution asserted that the defendant had a fascination with images of body parts. They drew attention to comments he had made after watching the episode "Dark Harvest", in which Zim collects human organs in an attempt to appear more human. Witnesses for the defense said that the comments were made in jest.

I haven't been able to find why the series was cancelled, but I have a reasonable feeling that particular court case did not help things. :(

Headphone Actor
03-04-2012, 07:38 PM
The Operation Doom disc set is just a collection of the highest rated episodes from the series. I can't find if it was an actual attempt to show the network that the show was still viable or not, hence the operative use of the word "supposedly". ;)

Oh. xD I want that disc now~

I haven't been able to find why the series was cancelled, but I have a reasonable feeling that particular court case did not help things. :(

There are many different theories as to why the show went off-air. Ratings for Invader Zim dropped during season two, which wasn't really a help to the whole situation. There were also apparently complaints from parents about the episode where it shows the shadow of Zim removing (I think it was Dib's?) eyeballs. Nickelodeon also had a problem with the show, because the producers supposedly added snippets of a bloody version of GIR in scenes - and Nick didn't approve of blood/gore.

I dunno, just some of the theories I've heard.

marvel_phoenix
03-04-2012, 09:13 PM
There are many different theories as to why the show went off-air. Ratings for Invader Zim dropped during season two, which wasn't really a help to the whole situation. There were also apparently complaints from parents about the episode where it shows the shadow of Zim removing (I think it was Dib's?) eyeballs. Nickelodeon also had a problem with the show, because the producers supposedly added snippets of a bloody version of GIR in scenes - and Nick didn't approve of blood/gore.

I dunno, just some of the theories I've heard.

Doesn't surprise me too much... The creator was said to not be very happy about working with others, and at Nick for that matter... Too bad he couldn't take the series elsewhere. It's clearly too dark for younger audiences, so a more grown-up network would have been a better fit...

Headphone Actor
03-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Doesn't surprise me too much... The creator was said to not be very happy about working with others, and at Nick for that matter... Too bad he couldn't take the series elsewhere. It's clearly too dark for younger audiences, so a more grown-up network would have been a better fit...

I agree. xD Nick was obviously not a good fit. What really ticks me off, though, is all the rivalry between Nick and Disney... Disney simply twists a storyline Nickelodeon has and adds its own characters to create their 'own' show. I don't get why people still work with those companies. It's like signing up to have your idea stolen.

I got off track. xD I digress, I think the creator should've been involved with Cartoon Network or Adult Swim rather than Nickelodeon. xD

Ranshiin
03-10-2012, 05:20 AM
Can't you find DVD boxsets of this in the US? Or at least that's how I got hold of all of the finished episodes.. :discopirate:

But I digress. Honestly... this show, is AWESOME. I can't really fault much about it, although sometimes I do feel bad for Dib, what with the whole 'everyone else is messed up in the head*' thing.

Most of the characters make me laugh in some way... or just amuse me in another way. I couldn't really say who my favourite character is. Gaz is up there, as are the Tallest (they have nachos on Planet Irk??). I don't really think there's anybody I -don't- like.. well, nobody important, anyway. I don't like that kid Zim 'make friends' with just to look 'normal'.

So... two things.

1) ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM!!!!
and 2
2) IGGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!!

You know who you are.

*Except for the obvious people ... like Gaz. Gaz is cool. I'm making sure everyone knows that she's cool, so she doesn't have to visit me in the middle of the night and punish me for not stating how cool she is.

Explorer Oak
04-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Love invader zim, all characters = LEGENDARY.

RavenQueen
05-06-2012, 08:46 AM
i love zim and gir in ep1 i like it alot to bad they end it cause the gir pics in the show

TheThunderBringer
05-24-2012, 10:29 PM
How did I just find this thread? Let's just say that Invader Zim was the show of my childhood. I've seen every episode more times than I' like to say. It's not just IZ, but Jhonen Vasquez in general- his art style is so cool, I love it. I've read Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, and, while it was terrifying, I loved it.

Ωmega
05-24-2012, 10:36 PM
I had the series on dvd until my ex stole them. I loved the series, but always hated that it was canceled so early on. According to Jhonen Vasquez [the shows creator], there was plans for Tak to return, Dib to go to space and meet the tallest...just a whole big story that probably couldve lasted 4-5 seasons in total. Its a shame...

DeathBlade/13.666
05-25-2012, 01:08 AM
What a crappy ex, MaruDashi. You should rack him in the nutsack for stealing your Zim.

neogalaxy
05-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Haha i love Gir !

AshureeChan
06-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Invader Zim is AWESOME! I love Gir! :D (who doesn't?!)
My favorite episode hmmmmmm the one where Gir is in control of the house and goes on a rampage for Tacos XD

Some of my favorite quotes are...

Gir: Can I be a mongoose dog?
----------------------
Zim: What are you doing, Gir?
Gir: Nooothing.
Zim: Nothing or something?
Gir: Ohhhh I can't take it anymore, you're too smart for me! Gib is planning a surprise party for you after school. He gonna bring all the kids because he loves you. THAT BOY LOVES YOU SO MUCH!........ I'm bakin' the cake!
--------------------------
Zim: GIR! WHY IS THERE BACON IN THE SOAP?!
Gir: I MADE IT MYSELF!

The Ace RailGun
07-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Gir was always awesome.

http://youtu.be/SSM59xfZZFM

Agreed anybody remember the two alien leaders?(forgot thier names):D:D

DeathBlade/13.666
07-08-2012, 06:19 PM
The Almighty Tallest, Purple and Red. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Invader_Zim_characters#The_Almighty_Talles t

ChibiLovett
07-11-2012, 02:33 PM
OMH I love Invader Zim! Jhonen Vasquez is a genius! I actually own the whole series. x3 I also love Jhonen's comic series Johnny The Homicidal Maniac, but that's a whole different subject.

I also try and help out with Operation Head Pigeons when I can. I want more Zim!! >:D

Ranshiin
07-11-2012, 04:12 PM
OMH I love Invader Zim! Jhonen Vasquez is a genius! I actually own the whole series. x3 I also love Jhonen's comic series Johnny The Homicidal Maniac, but that's a whole different subject.

I also try and help out with Operation Head Pigeons when I can. I want more Zim!! >:D
Operation Head Pigeons is still ongoing? Is there actually any material that's been publicly released? Last time I checked the website was set up but it was mostly placeholder and 'coming soon' ... there wasn't anything to download or watch. :{

ChibiLovett
07-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Operation Head Pigeons is still ongoing? Is there actually any material that's been publicly released? Last time I checked the website was set up but it was mostly placeholder and 'coming soon' ... there wasn't anything to download or watch. :{

They were inactive for a while but yes, they're back! They're actually going to be opening up the Project Massive website in a few days. :3

http://operationheadpigeons.tumblr.com/

BlackLotus
07-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Invader zim was great. Sid was my favorite character because he was always right but nobody ever believed him. Gir too he was a funny little guy.

mangochutney
09-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Zim has short man syndrome

PinkGalaxies
09-07-2012, 04:29 PM
"Germs" was a good episode. I like Zim. Gir was only cute every now and then. Most of the time his voice annoyed me.