PDA

View Full Version : presidents you dont like

darkrider21
02-07-2012, 07:47 PM
id have to say bush jr. he drove us in to a resision that is still taking its torles on us today. and not onley that he got us in a war that was unesary in my minde.wepions of mass destrution search that ended up with nothing but a lot more money spent that we barley had

Meenah
02-07-2012, 07:52 PM
"I'd have to say Bush Jr. He drove us into a recession that is still taking its toll on us today. And not only that he got us in a war that was unnecessary in my mind. Weapons of mass destruction search that ended up with nothing but a lot more money spent that we barely have."

I almost broke my computer monitor.

animeyay
02-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Granted, I'm a Democrat so I don't really like any post-Reagan Republican presidents lol, but personality-wise, I don't like Nixon.

KageNoNeko
02-07-2012, 11:30 PM
I don't like either Nixon or Kissinger. George W. Bush was more meh, but a lot of things that he done that made me somewhat mad.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Herbert Hoover. When the Great Depression was happening, he felt it was a temporary thing and decided not do anything or have any government envolvement with recovering the economy. Thus the Roosevelt administration had to work double time to recover the nation from the Great Depression.

Velvet_Nightmare
02-08-2012, 01:32 PM
FDR

Because.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-08-2012, 01:47 PM
FDR

Wheelchair freak.
You got something against disabled folks?

sataned
02-08-2012, 02:38 PM
of course everyone is going to say either George W. Bush , Ronald Reagan or John F. Kennedy . nixon was greatness btw. haters.

Velvet_Nightmare
02-08-2012, 02:49 PM
You got something against disabled folks?

Nope. It sounded a lot less offensive before I hit the post button. Plus I have worked at Special Olympics and with disabled people before, and I support them.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-08-2012, 03:02 PM
'K, then. Why don't you like FDR? or was that just in jest?

Aulos
02-08-2012, 08:28 PM
I didn't like George W. Bush. The issue I feel the strongest on is LGBT rights (well also, keeping America secular). He stood against that.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-08-2012, 08:49 PM
I didn't like George W. Bush. The issue I feel the strongest on is LGBT rights (well also, keeping America secular). He stood against that.
LGBT? Lesbian Gay Bi, something I'm assuming?

Aulos
02-08-2012, 10:12 PM
LGBT? Lesbian Gay Bi, something I'm assuming?

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-08-2012, 10:14 PM
AH... Transgender... I keep forgetting about them, due to rarely hearing about them. Politically at least. So Either way...Yea I can see how you'd hate the Republican party....

animeyay
02-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Yea I can see how you'd hate the Republican party....
If the Republican Party can become more gay-friendly and religiously secular, I'm switching to it in a heartbeat.
I am very fiscally conservative, anti-illegal immigration, and anti-big government.

Aulos
02-09-2012, 10:08 AM
If the Republican Party can become more gay-friendly and religiously secular, I'm switching to it in a heartbeat.
I am very fiscally conservative, anti-illegal immigration, and anti-big government.

So you're more Libertarian (by definition)?

I do find it ridiculous how Republicans go on and on about how they're against big government and are for freedom, when they are the very opposite socially.

animeyay
02-09-2012, 10:15 AM
So you're more Libertarian (by definition)?

I do find it ridiculous how Republicans go on and on about how they're against big government and are for freedom, when they are the very opposite socially.
Yes, that would be a more accurate description lol. However, since the Libertarian candidates associate themselves with the mainstream Republican Party, I find it difficult for me to support them.

And yep, we all know the Republican Party is full of contradictions. They need to stop imposing their Christianity onto everyone else.

Aulos
02-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Yes, that would be a more accurate description lol. However, since the Libertarian candidates associate themselves with the mainstream Republican Party, I find it difficult for me to support them.

And yep, we all know the Republican Party is full of contradictions. They need to stop imposing their Christianity onto everyone else.

Yeah, I'm not fond of any of the Republican presidential candidates. Not even Ron Paul, the 'libertarian'.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Yea good luck with that. Or Be a conversative democrat.

Skilero
02-09-2012, 03:39 PM

Tenth amendment Republicans - 50% of the R politicians out there, with more at the national level than local.

Calvin Coolidge was a dirty mess. I could list presidents I don't "like", but I'd only end up having some four or five I do "like".

animeyay
02-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Yea good luck with that. Or Be a conversative democrat.
That's kinda what I'm doing lol. I vote Democrat, but when it comes to key fiscal or immigration issues, I vote conservatively. For example, a people's veto has been initiated for a law that would grant in-state tuition to children of illegal immigrants in my state. I'm definitely voting against the law this November. However, I'll probably vote for Democratic candidates on the ballot.

Cutiekins
02-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I'm not fond of any of the Republican presidential candidates. Not even Ron Paul, the 'libertarian'.

To me it's quite difficult to find any of them to be appealing. I feel like all Republican candidates just care about their businesses and oil companies and whatnot. :\

And to the Republicans, I didn't say this was true, this is just my opinion. And besides, George Bush Jr. drove the economy down and didn't try to do anything about it until the end of his term.

Aleyna
02-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Nixon. 'Nuff said.

KageNoNeko
02-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Herbert Hoover. When the Great Depression was happening, he felt it was a temporary thing and decided not do anything or have any government envolvement with recovering the economy. Thus the Roosevelt administration had to work double time to recover the nation from the Great Depression.

Go visit his presidential library in West Branch, Iowa. You might find some things that will change your mind about him. He didn't have Congress backing him. Remember Congress passes the laws and the president signs them to make them into laws.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Go visit his presidential library in West Branch, Iowa. You might find some things that will change your mind about him. He didn't have Congress backing him. Remember Congress passes the laws and the president signs them to make them into laws.
Yea It's tough to get things done without congressional help. And having the Democrats come in right after him and tear everything down and build it all back up, ie: Air Mail service, is partly to blame for his image.

KageNoNeko
02-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Yea It's tough to get things done without congressional help. And having the Democrats come in right after him and tear everything down and build it all back up, ie: Air Mail service, is partly to blame for his image.
So very true.

-GAZKUL-
02-12-2012, 09:06 AM
The Republican ones.....

DeathBlade/13.666
02-12-2012, 10:11 AM
The Republican ones.....
Which ones? The old traditional Republicans, like Abraham Lincoln and Thedore Roosevelt, or the modern Republicans, like Lyndon B. Johnson, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and both Bushes?

-GAZKUL-
02-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Which ones? The old traditional Republicans, like Abraham Lincoln and Thedore Roosevelt, or the modern Republicans, like Lyndon B. Johnson, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and both Bushes?

there was that many?? no wonder the country's ****ed.

and yeah, all of them except Abe Lincoln

DeathBlade/13.666
02-12-2012, 02:08 PM
there was that many?? no wonder the country's ****ed.

and yeah, all of them except Abe Lincolnlol Well Teddy Roosevelt wasn't so bad. Nor was Dwight Eisenhower.