PDA

View Full Version : Friendly music discussion :)

Blade_Runner95
01-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Hey all, I know this is an anime forum, but my second favourite thing in life is music, mostly non-anime related and I felt I had to post about it :D

So I just wanted to know what your favourite types of music were, and if so, some of your favourite bands from that genre ^.^

Or if you dont have a favourite, just say some bands and stuff you are into :p

For me personally, Im a fan of metal/rock music and I like bands such as BMTH, Sixx:AM and BMFV...

What about you guys? :laugh:

Saeriel
01-28-2012, 01:25 AM
I think most of my library is filled with indy or alt-ish rock... I don't know, I guess recently I've been listening to Bright Eyes, Blue October is always a favourite, City and Colour, Death Cab for Cutie, Rise Against, Said the Whale, Muse, Three Days Grace, etc.

SakuraKiss13
01-28-2012, 06:38 AM
My music player is filled with:

78% Taylor Swift
13% Glee
7% Other artists

berry doll
01-28-2012, 08:38 AM
I don't really have a favorite genre, but my favorite musical artists are The Dresden Dolls, Amanda Palmer, Tegan and Sara, and Placebo.

kyoshiro20
01-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Instead of saying what I like, I just made a video of my spotify library to give an idea of what I listen to (sorry for the quality, didn't realize it till I uploaded it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRiTAhA8CIU&feature=youtu.be

also, it has watermarkings, ignore that.
If I were to post all that I liked, this probably would be closed. So I hope you can see what is on there (hopefully.)

RescueCat
01-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Metal. Real metal. And (prog) rock. And classical. And acoustic.

Black Sabbath
Ozzy Obsourne
Iron Maiden
Pink Floyd
Marillion
KISS
Kimya Dawson
and so on.

ACBlackJ0ck
01-28-2012, 11:55 AM
I mostly listen to electronic music but I listen to pop a lot as well. My favourites are Jamiroquai, Pendulum and Chase & Status

Volta
01-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Prog Rock
Psychedelia
J-Rock
J-Core
Rap
Classic Rock
Metal
Hardcore

macedadon
01-28-2012, 08:54 PM
I'll listen to anything that sounds good even if i don't understand a single word of it.
Also recently just got into DUBSTEP!!!

Xeyuzio
01-29-2012, 01:23 AM
Because there was obviously going to be a Vicious music discussion >=(. Anyways this would be A LOT better in the music forum but if the mods think it's right then who am I to argue? I listen to Vocaloid and UTAU btw, my music collection is currently 15gb but it should be 100 when I manage to free 2 more gb in my computer. =/

Eris
01-29-2012, 05:48 AM
Off to the music forum you go...

Matty
01-31-2012, 04:11 AM
Hmm... i don`t favour upon a specific Genre per say, but my favourite bands at the moment are as follows:

*Smashing Pumpkins
*Metric (Fav of my Fav Bands atm)
*K-Os
*Final Fantasy Piano Music (Across all games & Anime)
*Various songs from the game Rockband

dukepayen
10-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Anything that's really down-tempo or not very loud. Maybe even something that's a bit depressing to synchronize with how you're feeling
Smokers Delight comp (warp),
David Holmes 'Lets Gets Killed',
Irresisitble Force 'Tomorrow Already',
Filla Brizillia 'Touch of Cloth',
William Orbit 'Strange Cargo 3',
Cafe del Mar vol 1-3 (rest are meh)

Akio-sempai
10-14-2012, 05:20 PM
I like a lot of country and eighties rock.
Guns and Roses
Metallica
Tim Mcgraw

I also like J-pop and J-rock too. Yui is by far my favorite artist. She has a beautiful voice and knows how to rock lol. If you don't know who Yui is, one of her more popular songs in my opinion is Rolling Star. They used that song for an opening in bleach, but I can't remember what arc it was?

Also been listening to a lot of Vocaloid. Megpoid Gumi is my favorite :D Cowardly Montblanc and Mozaikrole lol. Those songs are on Project Diva PC version, can't stop playing them ahah.

Akiro
10-14-2012, 05:29 PM
I don't think I can go a day without listening to music haha. I need it to go out through the day. I listen to a variety of stuff like trance,j-pop,k-pop,rock,hip-hop,r&b, hell even country lol.

Velvet_Nightmare
10-14-2012, 06:00 PM
I love all sorts of music:

Metal [Death, Black, Power, Progressive, Metalcore]
Indie
Alt rock, Hard rock, J-rock
Hip-hip, rap, R&B
Techno, trance, dance, house
Reggae, ska
Country
Pop [typical radio stuff, j-pop and k-pop as well]

Pretty much every time I put my iPod on shuffle, you never know what you'll end up getting.