PDA

View Full Version : [TV Series] Hanasaku Iroha

blueangel06661
01-24-2012, 09:20 AM
http://img1.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/17c7b180a879cda3653f4334d13a4a3b1301098305_full.jp g

Plot synopsis/ Summary:
Hanasaku Iroha centers around Ohana Matsumae, a 16-year-old teenager living in Tokyo, who is left in the care of her estranged grandmother, following her mother's elopement with her boyfriend. Ohana arrives at her grandmother's country estate to realize she is the owner of a Taishō period hot spring inn called Kissuisō. She begins working at Kissuisō, at her grandmother's request, but finds herself at odds with many employees and customers at the inn. Initially feeling discouraged, she decides to use her circumstances as an opportunity to change herself for the better and to make amends with her deteriorating relationship with the Kissuisō's staff for a more prominent future.

[Source: Wikipedia] -aka lazy

Type: TV series [26 eps]
Genre: Coming of age, Slice of life, Romance
Aired: April 3, 2011 – September 25, 2011
Studio: P.A. Works

Story: 10/10
I don't usually give stories a 10/10. But after thinking long and hard about this, I decided to. The overall story stays on track and progresses really well unlike typical romance/slice of life. You follow the characters through their hardships as if you were there. There does not appear to have any fillers [if so it's unnoticeable] Every episode seems to tie into the whole story very well.

Characters: 10/10
For a 26 episode series you really become acquainted with every single character and their personality/background history. Which is quite rare. While watching the show I felt very comfortable and familiar with each person. You have no idea how many times I watch a series and sometimes forget a persons name or who they were while on screen. Each character has a very well shaped and defined personality and contributes well to the story.

Art/animation: 10/10
Actually the way this series is drawn and the color palate for it is what drew me into watching the series. The way it's drawn is really pleasing and soft. It has a nice feel to it and it's something I like so I give it a good rating.

Voice acting, music rating: 09/10
Honestly I didn't pay much attention to the musical aspect of this show. But I'm sure they used tones fitting for the show [aka traditional played music]. But the Voice acting was very fitting to each character. They did really well on selecting their cast.

Overall (10/10)

The show witheld my attention and was actually very well done looking back on it. I do recommend watching it, if it seems in your genre.