PDA

View Full Version : Single Free or Stuck Faithful?

marvelangga
01-20-2012, 07:05 AM
Note: Bias in title is partially intended.

So what do you prefer? Personally, I think that a married/family life is a hassle and rather adding up to the world's burden, I'll probably dedicate my life to service, utilizing my skills.

Meenah
01-20-2012, 09:03 AM
Depends on whoever I'll be with. Preferably I'd rather be "stuck" and faithful for someone who deserves it. But also being single and free is amazing, too. I think it's only because you can only worry of yourself and do what you desire to do for yourself only.

I put it this way, you're single and flirt around you're called a wh*re. Whereas if you're stuck and "faithful", you flirt, you're considered a cheater AND a wh*re. That's where being single comes in handy until you find the right person.

blueangel06661
01-20-2012, 09:53 AM
I prefer stuck faithful... Though stuck faithful isn't correct. When you're faithful to someone you're not "stuck" to them.

Sure you can't make your rounds to different people. But the joy in knowing you have a special relationship with one single person it's AMAZING. I enjoy being faithful to my boyfriend. I don't feel as if I'm "stuck" with him. Any real faithful relationship doesn't make you feel as if you're "stuck". You both are there willingly together. :D

I think you have the wrong idea about faithful relationships. Have you even had a faithful/married relationship yet? I haven't, though I think I'm on the path =D Just gotta wait a few years >.>

Xian Jaguar
01-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Depends on whoever I'll be with. Preferably I'd rather be "stuck" and faithful for someone who deserves it. But also being single and free is amazing, too. I think it's only because you can only worry of yourself and do what you desire to do for yourself only.

I put it this way, you're single and flirt around you're called a wh*re. Whereas if you're stuck and "faithful", you flirt, you're considered a cheater AND a wh*re. That's where being single comes in handy until you find the right person.

what she said

SuXrys
01-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Stuck faithful.

Im a relationship person, I feel so much better in a relationship then compared to how I feel while being single. Besides; I have been together with my fiancée now since 2005 [good loooooord how time flies by] - so leaving him is something that I can't even imagine/picture myself to do. It's just completely off the map. Also, I actually don't think that you become more "free" while being single compared to the life that you are living while being in a commitment with someone. Sure, you shouldn't be unfaithful but you can do pretty much anything else besides that; still hanging with friends / travel exc and so on. There is no reason really why a relationship would hold you down; I rather see it as the pure opposite - your partner will help you to develoup since he/she will be there for you and support you.

Still, alll of this is just a matter of taste. What can be the heaven for someone can be the prison for someone else. Stay single if you feel that you feel the best when being that, because that is what is the most important things after all - Your own well being is what matters and not what should be "done" or not.

Pardon my english ~

illu
01-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Ah, but marriage/family is just another side of life, or so they say :P. Stuck faithful most likely.

Jacob's Ladder
01-20-2012, 02:00 PM

So you're fine being called just a whore??

If you care about someone so much to share the rest of your life with, its can't be considered "stuck". Which is what I would like for myself.

If with someone because you're just settling, then that's being stuck.

Jacob's Ladder
01-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Single and free....committed to someone before, will never do that again.

sweetdaddydee1
01-20-2012, 02:43 PM
single is the best

-GAZKUL-
01-20-2012, 03:00 PM
It's complicated.

~*Red*~
01-20-2012, 03:28 PM
I am stuck and faithful to my girlfriend and it will stay that way.

marvelangga
01-20-2012, 04:20 PM
I think you have the wrong idea about faithful relationships. Have you even had a faithful/married relationship yet? I haven't, though I think I'm on the path =D Just gotta wait a few years >.>
Don't take the title literally. I intended it so it would rhyme (single free, stuck faithful....). When I said "stuck faithful", I'm referring to a married/family life, nothing else. I know because I'm born from a faithful relationship. :)

Still, alll of this is just a matter of taste. What can be the heaven for someone can be the prison for someone else. Stay single if you feel that you feel the best when being that, because that is what is the most important things after all - Your own well being is what matters and not what should be "done" or not.
That. Well said. :D

Acnologia
01-20-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm in a relationship, which I like, but I don't want to marry, I'd feel too "Trapped" in the relationship per se. Just living together would be good to me. :3

There's also the huge hassle married couples must go through to get a divorce.

DOOM!
01-21-2012, 01:27 PM
I prefer stuck with eachother but with open flexibilities. Like, if you wanna see other men while I'm gone across the ocean for business, go ahead, talk to them, sleep with them, but don't compromise our common goals/family because of them. Our allegiance to eachother stays.

Kagome
01-21-2012, 02:46 PM
If you are lucky enough to find the right person in your life-being stuck faithful isn't bad. Being deeply in love enough to never want to leave a person and be faithful to them for the rest of your life is a wonderful feeling. Especially if the sentiment is returned.

On the otherhand, if you can't find that one perfect person for you-single and free is probably the best way to go.

KateS
01-21-2012, 02:52 PM
If you are lucky enough to find the right person in your life-being stuck faithful isn't bad. Being deeply in love enough to never want to leave a person and be faithful to them for the rest of your life is a wonderful feeling. Especially if the sentiment is returned.

On the otherhand, if you can't find that one perfect person for you-single and free is probably the best way to go.

Yep, this.

I mean, if you are in one of those unhealthily obsessive relationships where you can't do anything apart, can't have a normal social life, and have to justify everything you do to your significant other then, well, NO - in that case, please, be single, and live your life the way you want to. BUT if it's a mature, adult relationship, where you are normal, healthy, and can stay more than 5 min apart, then I say go for it - everyone wants to have one of these at least once in their life, anyway.

As for me, since I can't find someone who is capable of having that adult relationship I talked about, I prefer to be single free. No control for me, no sir.

John Watson
01-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Sheesh, its a double-edged sword sometimes yknow?

I love my boyfriend and will stay perfectly commited and faithful to him, and he does the same.

I always hear people saying how they looove being single but usually theyre the ones complaining on Facebook or Twitter that theyre lonely and want a bf or gf. Its so annoying.

To me, people saying they like being single and free means they want to have only casual relationships i.e, sex, dating. Nothing more nothing less.
But once youre...taken youre not single anymore..ya get me? I dunno...its simple to me though. You're either single because you wanna date and flirt freely until you find the right one, or just want to have no-strings-attached sex.