PDA

View Full Version : Lyrics with kanji AND Russian...???

RyuTama
12-15-2011, 11:48 PM
The song in question is "зима", or "Winter" in Russian. As may be obvious by now, it's one of Russia's character songs from the anime "Hetalia: Axis Powers". I want to submit both of his songs, but I'm unsure how. Do I post the original Russian lyrics with the rest of the Japanese kanji, along with the romaji and the Russian pronunciations in caps like I would if it were in English?

Here's a small excerpt of the original:

吹雪く最中
蝕むлуна
怯えだす風

晒す本能
叫ぶВорона
僕は動き出す…!

In the "Main or Romaji lyrics" section, I assume I would put:

Fubuku sanaka
Mushibamu LUNA
Obiedasu kaze

Sarasu hon'nou
Sakebu VORONA
Boku wa ugokidasu…!

...and so on. Would this be correct? Or is there a different format for songs that include languages other than English? Thanks.

Rei
12-16-2011, 03:48 AM
I don't think you need to capitalize them. You could if you want, though. It's your choice.

RyuTama
12-16-2011, 03:59 AM
Alright, thanks. I was just wondering what format would be the easiest to understand. Plus I've never really seen a song with a language that didn't use either Japanese or English lyrics, so I was a bit confused. Thanks again though. ^^

animeyay
12-16-2011, 07:24 AM
What you had looks good to me :D

RyuTama
12-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Thanks guys. animeyay Here are the Russian translations if you want to look them over.

окно [OKNO] - window
шарф [SHARF] - scarf
До свидания [DO SVIDANIYA] - goodbye
Не понимаю [NE PONIMAYU] - I don't understand
Горе не море, выпьешь до дна [GORE NE MORE, VYP'ESH' DO DNA] - "Grief is not a sea; drink it to the dregs" (seems to be a nicer way of saying "suck it up" lol)
луна [LUNA] - the moon
Ворона [VORONA] - crow/raven
Прощайте [PROSHCHAITE] - Farewell

animeyay
12-16-2011, 02:28 PM
RyuTama
おつかれさまでした~
now I can actually translate this song :)

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Actually, I think Rizuchan said she wanted to do this song.
I'd better leave this song to her if she confirms her intention to translate this song.

Rizuchan
12-17-2011, 09:40 AM
I had intended on doing this song for the challenge. Normally I wouldn't care and I'd say go for it but my list is still so short, I won't have anything to do... :sweatdrop Thank you for leaving it for me!

Edit:
Ah, I don't know if you'd want to do Pechka Kokoro Tomoshite, but if you do, be my guest. Otherwise I may or may not do that one too...

animeyay
12-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Ah, I don't know if you'd want to do Pechka Kokoro Tomoshite
For now I shall leave both of them alone :)