PDA

View Full Version : [Other] Swat Kats.

Albear
12-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Anyone remember this show? I've long forgotten the plot of the show but i never forgot the series. Especially the jet plane of Razor and T-bone.

Ranshiin
12-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Remember it? I still need to watch the remainder of the second series (have it all on my laptop hard drive >_>)

Plot probably doesn't really matter too much, it's an old cartoon and plots were never too good back then xD but still.. is epic.

Well, I think it's epic. >.>

DeathBlade/13.666
12-08-2011, 02:55 PM
I loved Swat Katz!

shokupanman1
12-08-2011, 09:27 PM
i've seen the opening for the 1st season. the quick animation done by yoshinori kaneda. swat kats was a co-production between america & japan. you can find mr.kaneda animation clip works on youtube. rip yoshinori kaneda:(

battousai_ryuu
12-08-2011, 11:00 PM
I haven't hear that name in a while xD
Swat Kats was awesome! Not that I remember much of the plot but I know they took up a small piece of my childhood ^-^'

catie
12-09-2011, 04:44 AM
I love that cartoon. Too bad they stopped putting it on Cartoon Network. It was one of my favorite cartoons. :D

Sandeula
12-09-2011, 08:58 AM
I remember it, was one of my favorite shows on cartoon network. ^^ Still love it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_AdxJWFUh4

shokupanman1
12-09-2011, 09:04 AM
hello^^;; i want to correct something. while the opening of swat cats is japanese, rest of the animation is done by hanho heung-up company. still good animation:)this is for 1st season.

Ranshiin
12-09-2011, 01:30 PM
The intro was done by japanese animation? The phrase "You learn something new every day." is suddenly springing to my mind o_o;

And yeah. My previous post. Also, when this first aired here it was aired as a 'marathon' on Saturday morning. By 'morning', I mean from 7am onwards... I was up at 5, waiting for it. >.>;

I am weird.

mangeassshajigan
02-08-2012, 03:16 PM
this show was pretty good

The Ace RailGun
07-07-2012, 01:53 PM
A good old American cartoon from the 90s

Here is a synopsis:

Chance "T-Bone" Furlong and Jake "Razor" Clawson were members of Megakat City's paramilitary law enforcement agency, known as the Enforcers. Unfortunately, the Enforcers were commanded by Feral, an incompetent, overbearing and inflexible Enforcer who was believed to have owed his position entirely to political machinations. While in pursuit of Dark Kat, one of the main arch-villains of the series, the two rebelled against Enforcer Commander Feral's orders to fall back and leave Dark Kat to him. When they objected, citing their already-acquired target lock, Commander Feral used his jet to slap their wing, sending Chance and Jake's jet crashing into Enforcer headquarters and allowing Dark Kat to get away. In his anger, Feral discharged Chance and Jake from the Enforcers and reassigned them to work at the city's military salvage yard to pay for the damage to the Enforcer Headquarters.
Using discarded military parts and weapons from the salvage yard, Chance and Jake built themselves a three-engine jet fighter called the Turbokat, which resembled several different jet fighters, most notably the Grumman F-14 and the Saab Draken, along with a handful of such other vehicles as the Cyclotron, a motorcycle built into the jet; the Turbo Mole, a subterranean vehicle used to drill underground; the Hoverkat, a militarized hovercraft, the Thunder Truck, a militarized Jeep modified from their tow truck, and they also built two jet skis which they used in the second season episode Mutation City. All these vehicles were stored, along with a training area and other equipment, in a secret hangar below the yard.

Albear
07-07-2012, 03:25 PM
I loved this show as kid.
What I remember the most was how the two owned the skies of Megakat City with their jet and array of creative missiles/firepower.
Like the missile that ejected a rotating blade, heat seekers, and the missiles that burrowed on the ground.

Sadrith
07-07-2012, 03:36 PM
I remember watching this show before I started going to school.

The Ace RailGun
07-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Finally somebody els besides me who remembers this show :D

Terminator
07-07-2012, 09:22 PM
I loved watching this as a kid and wanted to watch it when I got home from school.