PDA

View Full Version : [CN/AS] The Powerpuff Girls

blueangel06661
12-07-2011, 04:15 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/95/Powerpuff_girls_characters.jpg/270px-Powerpuff_girls_characters.jpg

The Powerpuff girls! A crime stopping trio with powers Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup were all the rage in the 90's.

The Powerpuff Girls revolves around the adventures of Blossom, Buttercup, and Bubbles. Each of the girls has a color; Bubbles is blue, Buttercup is green and Blossom is pink. The plot of a typical episode is some humorous variation of standard superhero and tokusatsu fare, with the girls using their powers to defend their town from villains and giant monsters. In addition, the girls also have to deal with normal issues young children face, such as sibling rivalries, loose teeth, personal hygiene, going to school, bed wetting, or dependence on a security blanket. Episodes often contain more or less hidden references to older pop culture (especially noticeable in the episode "Meet the Beat Alls").

Still possibly one of my favorite cartoons of all time! Blossom was always my favorite! What's your favorite PPG? And episode if you can remember? One of my favorites was a winter episode titled "Ice Sore" Blossom discovers that she can breath out ice.

Light Buster
12-07-2011, 04:48 PM
I fell like Buttercup when I'm stressed.

RyuTama
12-07-2011, 06:39 PM
I have to be honest and say that Powerpuff Girls was the only girly show I really watched as a kid. Buttercup being my favorite character of course. :3 I remember being freaked out by the Gangreen Gang. D; Can't exactly remember why though... been so long since I've watched it.

animeyay
12-07-2011, 07:51 PM
I used to watch PPG all the time on Cartoon Network~
My favorite is Blossom, then Bubbles, then Buttercup.
My favorite episode would be when PPG met the Rowdyruff Boys. :)

Oh, and don't judge :p

solidarmor
12-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Im more Mojo Jojo.

.Miki~
12-08-2011, 12:21 AM
LOVE PPG
Blossom has always been my favorite. one of my favorite episodes was when bubbles got glasses. or when the scary collector dude tried to mke them dolls in his collection... good times.

battousai_ryuu
12-08-2011, 01:28 AM
I used to watch PPG all the time on Cartoon Network~
My favorite is Blossom, then Bubbles, then Buttercup.
My favorite episode would be when PPG met the Rowdyruff Boys. :)

Oh, and don't judge :p

I agree with everything animeyay says

It's like we watched it together bro xD

animeyay
12-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Oh, has anyone watched Powerpuff Girls Z, the anime version of PPG?

http://www.animehere.com/res/covers/demashitaa-powerpuff-girls-z_o.jpg

I was kinda dubious about it, so I never tried it...

blueangel06661
12-08-2011, 02:54 PM
^^^ I thought it sucked imho

sakuraAnne
12-08-2011, 07:31 PM
I love BLOSSOM...hhahaha

shokupanman1
12-08-2011, 09:34 PM
i watched ppg off and on. the final episode was really good:) but my dvd recorder screwed it up:( had to toss away the disc:( oh well there's always the box set^^;;

wolfgirl90
12-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Oh, has anyone watched Powerpuff Girls Z, the anime version of PPG?

http://www.animehere.com/res/covers/demashitaa-powerpuff-girls-z_o.jpg

I was kinda dubious about it, so I never tried it...

The overall PPG feeling isn't there. We've got every other PPG character in there under the sun but it doesn't feel like an anime version of PPG; it feels like an anime that just happens to have PPG characters in it.

And it doesn't help that some of the characters don't act like their Western counterparts. While Kaoru acts like Buttercup (pretty much to the letter), Miyako doesn't necessarily act like Bubbles (she is more clueless and dimwitted versus childish).

Overall, its an okay anime if you just want to see the PPG gang run around in Japan. Just don't expect them to act exactly like you're used to.

cutiepiefrost1
12-09-2011, 08:34 AM
OMG i love powerpuff girls. I watched every show and I have all the movies. I have a drawing from the guy who created them. Its made of glass and paint it means alot to me tht he made it just for me:)

Aulos
12-09-2011, 10:03 AM
I loved this show a whole bunch back when I was kid! It was instantly my favorite when I finally got Cartoon Network at my house.

I miss it. =(

blueangel06661
12-09-2011, 11:21 AM
You can buy the entire series for $41.99

I'll get it one day... I think I had every PPG related item you could think off...

Shoes, nightgowns, clothes, socks, wooden hair bow holders, pillows, toys, bookbags, halloween costume [blossom], cups, and probably MANY more... Those are just items I randomly find every now and then that have PPG on it..... I still am guilty of using the cup.... Har har...

Arrisu
12-12-2011, 09:46 AM
PPG was an awesome show. My favorite character was also Blossom. She was a nice mix of Bubbles and Buttercup. My favorite baddies? Mojojojo and that little spoiled brat girl (I can't remember her name). Anyone remember that sexy secretary which we never saw her face in? xD

animeyay
12-12-2011, 09:59 AM
that little spoiled brat girl...that sexy secretary which we never saw her face? xD
Princess, and Ms. Bellum, eh~?

Arrisu
12-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Ms. Bellum? Was that the sexy secretary's name? Lol. Anyways. She was one of my favorite characters. What can I say? I guess I have a little bit of a crush on sexy girls with big behinds and a nice shape. ~ n_n teehee~

vrarsenal
12-13-2011, 01:05 PM
I remember watching this when I was a kid.
Good timesxD

Videogamer555
12-17-2011, 04:40 AM
PPG:Z, the Japan anime version of PPG, is far more epic than that stupid American cartoon PPG. I laughed so hard at the stupid crap that was PPG that I nearly threw up. But PPG:Z is absolutely EPIC WIN!

Screwby
12-17-2011, 06:24 AM
Haha I love Power Puff Girls
Remember I used to play it with my younger brother's friends. Though they would always make me be Mojo Jojo. Always wanted to be Buttercup :(

PureBeauty
12-17-2011, 06:43 AM
Great show having many villains my favorite had to Him. 55421
He was weird as hell but he gave that creepy vibe that the show needed just like
Courage The Cowardly Dog But indeed a great show i still watch it from time to time
on Boomerang but anyways. Good Show

Videogamer555
12-18-2011, 04:27 AM
Saw an episode of this today (probably one of the only awesome-enough-to-watch episodes they have), that had them fighting 3 boys who's clothing and hair color schemes matched the PPGs, and it had them PPGs fighting these guys. The battle scene looked something like a parody of DBZ. Another episode (another pretty good episode too) was this one I saw where they fought off this massive black sphere which had huge eyes on it, and was an obvious knockoff of that "dark matter" villain from that Kirby game.

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Also let me tell you that she would so OWN the PPGs in a battle.

http://i44.tinypic.com/27x2c6a.jpg

Meroty
12-18-2011, 04:55 AM
I love Bubbles! I remembered when i was little i used to make my hair like hers. haha :P And Power Puff Girls Z
Is cool also, I love them both. :D

Videogamer555
12-18-2011, 05:12 AM
In fact any one of them would easily kick the butts of all the PPGs in battle.

http://i44.tinypic.com/e6eipd.jpg

Ranshiin
12-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Great show having many villains my favorite had to Him. 55421
He was weird as hell but he gave that creepy vibe that the show needed just like
Courage The Cowardly Dog But indeed a great show i still watch it from time to time
on Boomerang but anyways. Good Show
Oh man, even now when I think of Him I shudder. Such a weird/creepy/strange guy o_o; something that's often missing from shows these days, unfortunately.

Lollipox
12-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Ah I loved the Powerpuff girls! I used to own the playstation game; it was pretty cool. hah

blueangel06661
12-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Ah I loved the Powerpuff girls! I used to own the playstation game; it was pretty cool. hah

OOOO I had that game too!!! :] I still do... In a box somewhere..

Meenah
12-19-2011, 08:07 AM
I still have my PPG stuff with me. I don't want to get rid of them. ;_;

Elphaba
12-25-2011, 11:20 PM
I loved the Power Puff Girls! Actually the cable service we have for our tv has certain channels that show old cartoon network shows and every once in a while PPG is on so I watch it.
Blossom was always my favourite. :]
I also love the episode called "Ice Sore".
I have PPG stuff that I still refuse to get rid of. :]

dynamicdoodles
03-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Any Powerpuff Girls fans here? If so who's your favorite character? I personally love Bubbles. Other than that I like Him, the Mayor, and the Professor.

blueangel06661
03-03-2013, 08:08 PM
-Removed link because there's no need for it now-

dynamicdoodles
03-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Oh I'm so sorry! I for some reason just couldn't find one about powerpuff girls but thank you for showing me where to find one haha >_<"

DeathBlade/13.666
03-04-2013, 07:16 AM
Merged, and thank you blueangel06661.

ChibiLovett
03-07-2013, 01:09 AM
Oh man, even now when I think of Him I shudder. Such a weird/creepy/strange guy o_o; something that's often missing from shows these days, unfortunately.
Imma just leave this right here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKBLzorGNyk

:p
Him was actually always my favorite PPG villain. So creepy and weird and totally inappropriate for a kids' show. lol

On a side note, after finding out more about the reboot, am I the only one not excited anymore? This show WAS my childhood, like I was OBSESSED with it growing up, but Craig McCracken isn't even involved. >.> And they look really weird. Almost like the people hired actualy kindergarteners to draw them (at least in my opinion).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrVhnjLvXR0

dynamicdoodles
03-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Him was actually always my favorite PPG villain. So creepy and weird and totally inappropriate for a kids' show. lol

On a side note, after finding out more about the reboot, am I the only one not excited anymore? This show WAS my childhood, like I was OBSESSED with it growing up, but Craig McCracken isn't even involved. >.> And they look really weird. Almost like the people hired actualy kindergarteners to draw them (at least in my opinion).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrVhnjLvXR0

I'm seriously worried about the reboot, the style is reeeaaaallllyyy weird. Atleast they are going to be the same voices.... but it just won't be the same. I mean I have all of the seasons and now, looking back on it, the shows were pretty genius. I loved the fact that they gave a moral to the episode and by the end just destroy it haha. This show definately has to be one of my favorites from my childhood (well I'm pretty much still a kid, but I'm talking about like before I was ten).

ChibiLovett
03-11-2013, 01:58 AM
I'm seriously worried about the reboot, the style is reeeaaaallllyyy weird. Atleast they are going to be the same voices.... but it just won't be the same. I mean I have all of the seasons and now, looking back on it, the shows were pretty genius. I loved the fact that they gave a moral to the episode and by the end just destroy it haha. This show definately has to be one of my favorites from my childhood (well I'm pretty much still a kid, but I'm talking about like before I was ten).
I hope they can at least keep the general feel of the show and don't make it like everything else they keep churning out now. I still watch it whenever I can because it was so great, and I'm 18 now! Sometimes they really need to just leave things alone and now try to milk them like a cash cow, ruining them in the process.

Clayton_n
03-23-2013, 06:21 PM
Actually isn't this an anime now?

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31400000/powerpuff-girls-z-medouri-31408306-400-333.png

There's also a webcomic

http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/

http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/comics/130227_ppg.jpg

DeathBlade/13.666
03-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Am I the only one that looked at that comic, and thought "OMG! Gir's in PPG?!!"

Raven Stargaryen
04-21-2013, 09:45 PM
I would watch PPG with my sister and I was Blossom and she was Bubbles. We would each switch to Buttercup sometimes. One time when we were playing she had left her violin on the bed and one of us stepped on it. We never pretended to be PPGs on the bed again.

livetogetrad
04-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Am I the only one who always felt bad for MOOOOOOOJO JOJO!..?

Aznen
05-26-2013, 04:19 AM
Its one of the favourite cartoon of all time, even now I love to watch it...