PDA

View Full Version : Dresden Files

Kazama1990
11-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Is anyone besides me a fan of the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher and wanna talk about the series and what they think about the story developments and possible plot points of the next one?

Kaitou Ace
11-30-2011, 08:30 AM
Ah, absolutely. I've been reading The Dresden Files since book 3 came out, it's really a fun series.

Kazama1990
11-30-2011, 03:28 PM
Thank you was hoping I wasnt alone, So how do you feel about the situations in Ghost Story, I really liked the suprise at the end I predicted it was Kincaid but that Harry ordered the hit lol didnt see that one coming, loved the Uriel interactions as well.... Im really looking forward to the next one and am hoping to get more info on Demonreach and Harrys connection with the outsiders and He who walks behind, Molly was very different and I look forward to how that develops as well as hoping to see more of the queen who was and Sidhe politics

Kaitou Ace
11-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Heh yeah. In fact this was exactly how Kincaid said he'd kill Harry if he ever had to.
Also, not sure you've heard, but when Jim Butcher was in NY he was asked if Lash would ever come back, and he answered that she was already back in this last book, just not named as such.

Looks like next book will be mostly winter court stuff, which I am actually looking forward to, it hasn't been really explored yet. I wonder though how will Harry get out of being the winter knight, it doesn't seem to mesh with the whole warden thing all that well.

Kazama1990
12-01-2011, 12:16 AM
I dont think he can do anything about it since his soul is commited to it and im not sure but I think in summer knight the general impression I got was that the mantly of knight can not be passed on without the current one dieing, now with an archangel looking after him im sure he can do something about this but I dont think it will get in the way to much.... I didnt know that bout lash though I have always felt she deserved some more time cause I was upset when he took her out of the picture like he did so ill have to go look for that comment :)

oh for the Lash comment I just thought of this do you think he meant another shadow, the actual Lash, or Harrys lash?

Kaitou Ace
12-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Heh. Well don't know there. They've hinted at things, but I am pretty sure Harry isn't going to stay the winter knight forever. And it was definitely about Harry's Lash. The shadow is the only one who got that nickname, the "real" fallen is unlikely to take kindly to something like that ^_^

Summer knight was a good book, it'll be interesting to re-read it after the next book, see how things still mesh. Butcher is usually very good at keeping things tied together though.

Which book have you enjoyed the most so far out of the series?

Kazama1990
12-01-2011, 08:46 PM
out of all of them my favorite was probably Dead Beat which I really like cause of the necromancers and the temptation of lash as well as his belief that his subcouncious was aiding her, luccio is also introduced and im a big fan of her plus he got a guitar at the end :D , the fact he faced giant zombie Trex was cool too as well as him gaining knowledge to use the word of kemmlar which I always wanted to see harry used (i always like watching the good guys be evil ever since the first green ranger :D ) how bout u?

Kaitou Ace
12-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Lol yeah, I did enjoy Dead Beat a lot, zombie T-rex and all, that was definitely one of the more absurd scenes I've ever read. I am hoping the next book doesn't get delayed, and I'd really like to see Jim Butcher start up a second series, it was fun getting two novels from him a year, even if I didn't like Codex Alera as much as I enjoy Dresden Files