PDA

View Full Version : The most violent animes you've ever seen

Joker34z
11-20-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm currently looking for an extreamly gorey anime as I have to write an in depth review on the the genre on another board. any recommendations will help..

I've seen the following
Berserk
Ninja scroll (tv series and film)
Samurai X
Basilisk
Shigurui death frenzy
Fist of the north star film and (tv series)
Gungrave
Gantz
Elfen Lied
Claymore
Samurai deeper kyo
Cowboy bebop
Ghost in the shell film and (tv series)

Shikinami_
11-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Easily Hellsing Ultimate for me.
but some notable mentions are:
Claymore
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Tsukihime The Anime

Tsuika
11-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Claymore
Elfen Lied
Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro Chan
Angel Beats (somewhat)
Witchblade
Samurai Champloo

November
11-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)
Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When The Seagulls Cry)
Elfen Lied
Hellsing Ultimate

ACBlackJ0ck
11-21-2011, 04:20 AM
Elfen Lied and Higurashi. To be honest I haven't seen that much violent animes :laugh:

Hypatia
11-21-2011, 05:39 AM
Well, for the moment my list is as follows:
1.Basilisk
2.Gantz
3.Speed Grapher
4.Elfen Lied
5. Ghost In The Shell

Negative Ink
11-21-2011, 05:53 AM
Probably Fist of the north star. I mean, elfen lied is more graphic, but there is just something about kneeling a guy so hard in the junk that his head explodes.

Sgt.Pepper
11-21-2011, 12:45 PM
High School of the Dead and Claymore.

Joker34z
11-21-2011, 01:10 PM
I have to come up within in depth review covering the topic of the most top top five most violent anime's of the last ten years that I have not already reviewed. I've seen all of hellsing as well as OVA and I'm looking for something completely new and different. and thank you negative ink that last part of your post made my morning haha lol

Probably Fist of the north star. I mean, elfen lied is more graphic, but there is just something about kneeling a guy so hard in the junk that his head explodes.

Light Buster
11-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Elfen Lied

randius
11-22-2011, 10:49 AM
neon gen is a little bit -____- there's also berserk but I like it alot. I think I saw a few ninja scroll that's a little gross, didnt like it much too

Joker34z
11-22-2011, 11:27 AM
looks like it will Be Elfen Lied and Claymore I'll have to re watch them both again thanks everyone you guys get a *cheers* from me for helping me decide the most violent anime of the last ten years

what is everyone's assumptions of the following list

Berserk
Ghost in the shell (film)
Samurai X
Hellsing
Elfen Lied
Claymore
New fist of the north star
Gantz
shigurui death frenzy
Basilisk

Red&Stiletto
11-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Elfen Lied, for sure. Baccano! was pretty violent, actually. A lot more so than I expected it to be.

November
11-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)
Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When The Seagulls Cry)
Elfen Lied
Hellsing Ultimate

I'm also adding Shiki to the list.

Skywalker1982
01-29-2016, 04:55 PM
Where's Urotsukidoji?

Holocast
01-29-2016, 05:07 PM
I enjoy Higurashi and Elfen Lied. Both are really great.

VineTabris
01-29-2016, 06:19 PM
i wouldn't say it's the most violent, but parasyte has lots of people getting hacked up

Qoco
01-29-2016, 07:56 PM
I believe Deadman Wonderland is pretty violent.

Before:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/deadmanwonderland/images/0/02/Red_Man's_power.gif

After:
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/24500000/Deadman-Wonderland-screencap-deadman-wonderland-24561532-1280-720.jpg

Mr_TagoMago
01-29-2016, 08:47 PM
Why the hell has no one mentioned Violence Jack yet? Violence Jack, Urotsukidoji, and Genocyber are the most violent anime I thought was all knew this? Elfen Leid doesn't even come close.

Skywalker1982
02-05-2016, 08:23 PM
Why the hell has no one mentioned Violence Jack yet? Violence Jack, Urotsukidoji, and Genocyber are the most violent anime I thought was all knew this? Elfen Leid doesn't even come close.

Those ones and how about Fist of the north Star the movie?

Teru Murasame
02-05-2016, 08:45 PM
No one mentioned "M.D. Geist" yet? For shame!

Meruem
02-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Berserk
Hellsing
Another looks pretty violent not seen tho

Tasuke
02-06-2016, 02:24 PM
i'm generally not fond of over-the-top Violence in Anime, but IIRC, one of the best i've seen to date was "CYBER CITY OEDO"

M.D. GEIST is also O.K. in a trashy 80's flick sort of way...

Skywalker1982
02-06-2016, 03:32 PM
i'm generally not fond of over-the-top Violence in Anime, but IIRC, one of the best i've seen to date was "CYBER CITY OEDO"

M.D. GEIST is also O.K. in a trashy 80's flick sort of way...

What about the graphic violence in live-action R-rated adult action films like Predator, Die Hard and Robocop?

Tasuke
02-06-2016, 05:59 PM
those're fine, i've seen them all several dozen times over. for me, Anime is mostly long since become a cutesy escape from the harsh realities of, well, Reality.

that in mind, one can understand why i say i'm not particularly fond of "Manime" though such entries can be an enjoyable occasional change of pace,
especially if it's an old 80's or early-90's property, but by and large, however, Anime for me is, ideally, sweet, cute women doing sweet, cute things in a sweet, cute life...

Skywalker1982
02-06-2016, 08:13 PM
those're fine, i've seen them all several dozen times over. for me, Anime is mostly long since become a cutesy escape from the harsh realities of, well, Reality.

that in mind, one can understand why i say i'm not particularly fond of "Manime" though such entries can be an enjoyable occasional change of pace,
especially if it's an old 80's or early-90's property, but by and large, however, Anime for me is, ideally, sweet, cute women doing sweet, cute things in a sweet, cute life...

What about manly anime like Fist of the North star the Movie and Ninja Scroll?

Teru Murasame
02-06-2016, 08:16 PM
What about manly anime like Fist of the North star the Movie and Ninja Scroll?

I believe he already answered that question when he said he's not fond of "Manime".

Tasuke
02-07-2016, 10:52 AM
i'm not overly fond of it... but i WILL give it a chance.

i haven't had the opportunity to see NINJA SCROLL, but i've seen the MANGA VIDEO trailers, and it looks good,
for anyone fond of feudal-era Japanese culture. perhaps i'll find a copy at the thrift one of these days or something.

i found two of the three parts of the old U.S. RENDITIONS "THE GUYVER" at the thrift recently.
it was laughably stupid overall, but that's just me i suppose.

seen M.D. GEIST a couple times, once, 15 years ago, rented from the BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO i used to have around locally,
once more much more recently, after finding the very same U.S. MANGA CORPS edition at the thrift.
nice mechanical design, but, again, generally Stupid overall.

i recall seeing FIST OF THE NORTH STAR once back in the mid-90's when i was staying over at my grandma's,
we rented a bunch of anime from her local HOLLYWOOD VIDEO, AKIRA, GOLGO 13. FIST OF THE NORTH STAR, GENOCYBER,
and perhaps something else i don't recall.

i don't recall particularly enjoying any of it, but then again, i was a narrow-minded Mecha-head back then.
BUBBLEGUM CRISIS, MACROSS, GUNDAM, MADOX-01, PATLABOR and the like are much more my speed overall.

now, i AMmuch more open-minded these days, but i still love my Mecha, and my Cute, Sunny Anime Girls even more,
so i figure there's still a good chance that that would continue to conspire to color my judgement on "Manime" in general.

quirky, oft-adolescent Masculine Power-Fantasies can be fun, and most certainly have their place,
but i an assure anyone they are quite distant from what i would consider my personal main draw among Anime's great many genres...

Holocast
02-07-2016, 11:35 AM
Bersek is definitely another one of my more favorite anime, and I also just finished Deadman Wonderland, which is pretty darn violent.

Skywalker1982
02-07-2016, 08:13 PM
i'm not overly fond of it... but i WILL give it a chance.

i haven't had the opportunity to see NINJA SCROLL, but i've seen the MANGA VIDEO trailers, and it looks good,
for anyone fond of feudal-era Japanese culture. perhaps i'll find a copy at the thrift one of these days or something.

i found two of the three parts of the old U.S. RENDITIONS "THE GUYVER" at the thrift recently.
it was laughably stupid overall, but that's just me i suppose.

seen M.D. GEIST a couple times, once, 15 years ago, rented from the BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO i used to have around locally,
once more much more recently, after finding the very same U.S. MANGA CORPS edition at the thrift.
nice mechanical design, but, again, generally Stupid overall.

i recall seeing FIST OF THE NORTH STAR once back in the mid-90's when i was staying over at my grandma's,
we rented a bunch of anime from her local HOLLYWOOD VIDEO, AKIRA, GOLGO 13. FIST OF THE NORTH STAR, GENOCYBER,
and perhaps something else i don't recall.

i don't recall particularly enjoying any of it, but then again, i was a narrow-minded Mecha-head back then.
BUBBLEGUM CRISIS, MACROSS, GUNDAM, MADOX-01, PATLABOR and the like are much more my speed overall.

now, i AMmuch more open-minded these days, but i still love my Mecha, and my Cute, Sunny Anime Girls even more,
so i figure there's still a good chance that that would continue to conspire to color my judgement on "Manime" in general.

quirky, oft-adolescent Masculine Power-Fantasies can be fun, and most certainly have their place,
but i an assure anyone they are quite distant from what i would consider my personal main draw among Anime's great many genres...

Go see Ninja Scroll if you want a cool sleek and fun fantasy adventure if you like fantasy anime.

Seen Akira, Ghost in the Shell and Wicked City?

Reina
02-07-2016, 10:44 PM
I have seen a fair amount of violent anime but the one I remembered the most was Elfen Lied, probably because it was my first.

Tasuke
02-08-2016, 10:50 PM
Seen Akira, Ghost in the Shell and Wicked City?

seen AKIRA once, back in the mid-90's. have the STREAMLINE VIDEO COMICS VHS, -again, found at a thrift-
and haven't gotten around to watching it again.

never heard of "WICKED CITY" i've got GHOST IN THE SHELL on Laserdisc, got it in a LD Anime Lot years ago,
only JUST got around to watching it for the FIRST TIME a couple months back. it was O.K. animation was good,
story so-so. all in all, typical Pretentious MAMORU OSHII, with his usual emphasis on accurate, detailed scenery shots...

melissakay
02-09-2016, 05:44 PM
BloodC and Another.

Skywalker1982
02-09-2016, 11:33 PM
What about Golgo 13 The Professional?