PDA

View Full Version : Hurting others

Hideki Motosuwa.
11-05-2011, 08:13 AM
None of us are saints, and we all have things we desire and want (whether it be a person or material possessions). Have you ever hurt other people just to get what you want? (physically, mentally, emotionally, financially).

Xeyuzio
11-05-2011, 08:20 AM
Is hurting someone mentally the same as emotional? I've done that. :x I've also hit my brother before out of rage that he attacked my cat. ;~;

TomoyoSakagami
11-05-2011, 08:23 AM
I used to box for the pleasure it gave me.

Apart from that, I've never done anything for my own gain or pleasure to the point of hurting people. That doesn't
mean I haven't hurt someone emotionally or psyhically. It's just apart from boxing, none was for my own gain.

animeyay
11-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Noooooooo, or at least not that I know of.
That's such a mean and selfish thing to do D:

blueangel06661
11-05-2011, 08:54 AM
HAAAAAAAAAH.

"apparently" I do it all the time here.

\|  ̄ヘ ̄|/

Not that I really care... Decent gal IRL... All that matters. Could care less what internet people think of me. Plus real life peoples don't cry if I tell them their ugly outfit looks ugly.. They usually laugh and agree. -shrugs-

Arrisu
11-05-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm sure we've all done it once, whether it was intentional or not. It is in human nature to be selfish, and sometimes we cannot control how we react or feel. I know that sometimes, I feel like what I am doing for personal gain is justified; but afterwards, in the future, I realize that it was not needed. And that I may have hurt others in the process.

SwiftKill GunToting
11-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Everyone acts mean or hurts people at some points whether they want to or not cuz its human nature as Ribbon said.

I can only remember once when it got out of control, though. These kids were harassing me - like always - and it was about a certain topic that made me want to cry, though I wont go into detail on what it was...... Basically, I threatened to cut them. Was called to the office. Only got a slap on the wrist. I felt really bad afterwards but they pushed me to that point and I never even had anything on me - it was a total bluff. Sharpest thing I had was my bookmark.

kinda funny now that i think about it that way.

Hideki Motosuwa.
11-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Is hurting someone mentally the same as emotional? I've done that. :x I've also hit my brother before out of rage that he attacked my cat. ;~;
Well, mentally, someone hurts your mind (they mess with your head, which may lead to emotionally hurting you). Emotionally, they hurt your feelings.

I agree that it's human nature to hurt others at one point or another in your life. I've always found that if a person hurts another subconsciously, then they are probably dense, or the person they've supposedly hurt is way too sensitive. The worst kind are the ones fully aware they are hurting others and do it for pleasure (I'm NOT implying boxing Tomoyo).

DOOM!
11-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Oh, how thoughtful. I HAVE been planning on beating an (ex)friend of mine for some drug money I lent him for a week now. I even crafted a reinforced rubber hose with a nickel coated nut at a tip to break his kneecaps, but just this morning I heard he's being held in custody, got caught packing an empty gun.
I still intend to hurt him one way or the other after he gets out.

Kanjoudakai_Ira
11-05-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm a sado-masochist and I feel attacked by this thread.
/sarcasm

Believe it or not I try not to hurt people in any way as much as I can... But if you pick on me I'll hit you back ten times harder. o_o

The more I like someone the more I'll be careful/attentive with their feelings and the less I like them the less I'll restrain my actions in the favor of their emotional comfort.

Miss Moonlight
11-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Generally, I don't enjoy hurting people, nor do I have any desire to. However, when i'm angry, obviously I say or do things that I usually regret later. That's usually the extent of it.

solidarmor
11-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Got into a fight during a drop in game of hockey one night, out of anger and not in trying to boost my teammates morale...ended up hurting the guy pretty bad, just because we were losing.....haven't skated since.

Kaleohano
11-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Yes. Sometimes i've regretted it. And sometimes i haven't. Depends on the situation and persons involved

Souhi
11-06-2011, 03:50 PM
I've said some truly terrible things to my parents (not unprovoked mind you, but no excuse) during my adolescence. There are some things you say at that age that you hope they realize were heat of the moment.

RyuTama
11-06-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm generally really easy-going and patient. It's very difficult to instigate me into raising my voice or getting physical, but when I do, I immediately regret it. I feel guilty for any harm I bestow on others, even if it was intentional at the time. I'm also really susceptible to guilt-trips. >_> I consider myself as hurting others even if I can't do anything to help someone. Like for example, if a friend needs advice and I'm unable to make them feel better, then I feel guilty, even though I know I'm not to blame for anything.

solidarmor
11-06-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm generally really easy-going and patient. It's very difficult to instigate me into raising my voice or getting physical, but when I do, I immediately regret it. I feel guilty for any harm I bestow on others, even if it was intentional at the time. I'm also really susceptible to guilt-trips. >_> I consider myself as hurting others even if I can't do anything to help someone. Like for example, if a friend needs advice and I'm unable to make them feel better, then I feel guilty, even though I know I'm not to blame for anything.

Ditto...me and my ol' man still aren't talking to this day.

Albear
11-06-2011, 04:09 PM
I never hurt anyone physically or emotionally for personal gain. I dont wish bad things to people either.
One time this guy wanted to spar with me.... Using a bokken. Challenge was accepted and the only ” gain” I acquired that day was 10 minutes of fun.

TranceLoverFilipino
11-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Yes long ago I hurt people only the fulfill my desire But I no longer do that. But that doesn't mean I no longer hurt others in fact sometimes I hurt to help people! And when i hurt it's not physical.
it's emotional. *look at your bottom signature* AAAA!!! what a KAWAII image!! I luv it! X3

Arrisu
11-08-2011, 07:20 AM
I've said some truly terrible things to my parents (not unprovoked mind you, but no excuse) during my adolescence. There are some things you say at that age that you hope they realize were heat of the moment.

This. It seems like once you grow out of adolescence, you realize how stupid and rude your behaviour with your parents we're. I've said many mean things about my mother, that I really regret. After all, she did raise me right; although it was strict. But looking back at our daily arguements, half the things we argued about were dumb anyways.

Hanamaru Kunikida
11-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Violence is never good but some people(like a few people here) does warrant a good punch in the face or a slap as wake-up call.