PDA

View Full Version : With which hands do you hold your cutlery?

Eris
10-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Please vote.

I hold my knife in my dominant hand, according to European table manners. Except when there's nothing to be cut, then I hold it in my right.

blueangel06661
10-16-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm right handed but I keep my fork in my right hand and cut with my left hand.. I also keep my drink on my left side too.

SuXrys
10-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Depends. At home with just the family I have the fork in my right and my dominant hand, except when cutting then I switch it over to the left hand. But if we have guests or Im at someone elses place then I have the fork in my left hand all the time (because I don't only eat with the fork during those times, I use both the fork and the knife, not letting them go).

So I guess Im in kind of the same sitation as you Eris, following those european table manners.

What can I say? I have such good manners, lol. ^w^

RyuTama
10-16-2011, 03:48 PM
...I don't... pay attention to how I eat... I just... eat.

Hanamaru Kunikida
10-16-2011, 03:58 PM
i hav no hands

Norwegian Moose
10-16-2011, 04:04 PM
I kinda just dive into the food and licks up whatever that is left in my glorious moustache.

...Actually, I just eat. People say: "You can't have the fork in that hand, it's--" and I go "REVOLUTION" and stab them. Or I just whisper a "sorry" and change hands. Whatever works.

Aulos
10-16-2011, 04:08 PM
I use the fork/spoon with my right hand.

I don't know about knives. I never thought that much about it.

wolfgirl90
10-16-2011, 04:24 PM
I hold my fork in my right hand (my dominate hand), except when I am cutting something. If I am cutting something (e.g. steak), I put the fork in my left hand and the knife in my right (I still eat with my right hand though).

Of course, I only cutlery if I ABSOLUTELY need to cut something. Otherwise, I use my hands.

~*Red*~
10-16-2011, 04:34 PM
I hold my fork in my right, except when I am cutting (I swap my knife and fork around when I am cutting).

nanashipiero
10-16-2011, 04:59 PM
I use my fork and all cutlery on my right side, as it's my dominant hand's side.

<.< But half the time I don't use forks or anything XD

.Miki~
10-16-2011, 07:55 PM
I use my fork and knife in my left hand, which is my dominant hand ^-^ and I think I use my knife with my left hand too... i dont know. I'm a teapot!