PDA

View Full Version : Good Manga Recommendations?

xxStarLightxx
10-07-2011, 09:23 PM
I just started to read manga and im trying to find some good manga. I was looking for mangas that are comedy manga or Mangas with a good plot, or fantasy/magical manga. Or mangas that you've read and thought they were good......

tesaamari
10-07-2011, 09:48 PM
kaichou wa maid sama is good enough

Meroty
10-08-2011, 02:57 AM
For fantasy/magical manga - Tsusaba : Reservoir Chronicle and Fairy Tail ( has comedy too) and , One Piece I'm actually reading these.
And this one Shaman King it's good too!

Austin Masaki
10-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Ahem.... Tenchi Muyo, Rosario Vampire, Code Geass, Soul Eater, Death Note, Love Hina, Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, Durarara, Kekkaishi, Sekirei, Fullmetal Alchemist, Shaman King, Bleach, Akira (manga or movie), Negima, its sad h0w much longer I could continue, haha ^__^

Screwby
10-09-2011, 02:47 AM
For fantasy/magical, I really liked Gakuen Alice, Aphorism and A Fairytale of a Demon Lord. You could also try Fairy Tail and Monster Soul.
Others that I thought were good include Mars for romance, Private Prince for romance/comedy, Kimi wa Peto (Tramps like us) for a more mature romance, Maid-sama! for comedy and Anuki for adventure

TheThunderBringer
10-09-2011, 11:40 AM
BERSERK. I AM SERIOUS, READ IT. It is sooooo good, I have never liked ANY form of media more than I have liked Berserk.

OtakuInu!!!
10-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Comedy + magical (or magic girl rather) manga: Ultra Maniac.

1000 Years of Snow is good. But it's sad that it was put on hiatus.

Elfen Lied and Detroit Metal City are good. But they have mature content so if you don't like those things best not to read them.

Konkulf
10-10-2011, 10:03 AM
For some generally good manga's i suggest these:

- Kaichou wa maid sama
- Pastel
- The Breaker
- The Breaker: New Waves
- Mirai Nikki
- Suzuka 1 and 2
- My lovely ghost KANA (includes sex/ecchi scenes with quite alot of nudity, but still a very cute and enjoyable story)
- Pastel
- Parallel

Should be something in there you may find good :)

TomoyoSakagami
10-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Yankee-kun to Megane-chan is a classic that I like, Gintama too.

Though to be honest, you've only just opened the doors to a huge world. Enjoy yourself!

Corllean
10-13-2011, 01:04 PM
koko ni iru yo!

Sgt.Pepper
10-13-2011, 01:38 PM
I haven't read many, but I'd suggest:

Ane Doki - My first manga ever. I really enjoyed reading every page and it's too bad that it didn't go on a bit longer. I highly recommend it!

Metroid - Really good. It explains Samus's origins.

High School of The Dead - Loved the anime. Reading the manga.

K-ON! - Another phenomenom. One of my favourite animes. I might start reading the manga.

animangachik315
10-13-2011, 01:47 PM
black butler,um fairy cube, umm....

Corllean
10-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei!

Sadhbh
10-15-2011, 01:05 PM
The best manga i can ever suggest is One Piece, slow at start but its like a snowball that starts small but once it gets going it steamrolls every other manga alive. (Mostly cause it builds on character development and story plot which needs a foundation before they become epic) Its very funny too.

For comedy mangas i will say Full Metal Panic!, Ai Kora also known as Love & College and Love Hina (All are shonen butfunny im sure ull like them) They can be considered romantic comedies but they are more heavy on the comedy then the romance. I'm a guy and im not one for romance manga, so this kinda shows you how good they are.

For mangas with a good plot, i have to suggest Full Metal Alchemist,Soul Eater or maybe Death Note (but Death Note isnt in anyway a comedy and is pretty dark but a great plot)

For the fantasy, ill suggest Mahou Sensei Negima! or Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles both good and are kinda funny.

Ive loads more you might like but sticking to what you asked for here is a nice list and im sure that with everyone elses suggestion you might be spoiled for choice. :D