PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs, He Dead.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-05-2011, 07:04 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304447804576410753210811910.html

Personal Reaction: Made fortune selling overpriced products to hipsters, so nothing of value was lost.

Your reaction?

Miss Moonlight
10-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Never owned an apple product in my life. But still, Rest in Peace, Steve.

Personal Reaction: Made fortune selling overpriced products to hipsters, so nothing of value was lost.

Personal reaction to your personal reaction? lame cynical attitude devoid of empathy and any general decency.

~*Red*~
10-05-2011, 07:24 PM
R.I.P. Steve :(

Souhi
10-05-2011, 07:25 PM
He seemed to inspire a lot of people, so I hope his passing was peaceful at least. Bound to be a torrent of jokes/memes now (well...more so). Heh.

Rest in peace Mr. Jobs.

PunkiePie
10-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Well, R.I.P Steve.

It's always sad when someone dies. Prayers to family and friends.

Alphabet
10-05-2011, 07:30 PM
The only way I have ever respected Jobs was strictly design. Design, very lovely. Hardware, no no no no. I have never bought a product of his before.
ooshy ooshy ooshy

SuXrys
10-05-2011, 07:36 PM
R.I.P. Steve :(

^ Same.

Always tragic when someone dies.

.Miki~
10-05-2011, 07:41 PM
R.I.P Steve, keeping his family and love ones in my prayers and thoughts.

DrPopkorne
10-05-2011, 07:47 PM
I find this really upsetting. He played a great part in the advancement of technology and media. And he will definitely be remembered for years to come.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Personal reaction to your personal reaction? lame cynical attitude devoid of empathy and any general decency.
Condolences are reserved for the company of people who actually care in a personal way about the deceased. If on the off chance that anyone who actually knew Steve Jobs happens upon this thread, I'll apologize insofar as it's sucks that a person you may or may not have liked died, and I empathize with that. But I don't pretend to care about random dead people's feelings in real life and I'm sure not going to start on the internet. They, in almost any case, are beyond any possibility of caring about my opinion of their business practices.

Hanamaru Kunikida
10-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Holy Hell. @_@

R.I.P Steve. T_T

Meenah
10-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Like I posted on Facebook:

RIP Steve Jobs. :( I will remember you with my Apple products.[/SIZE]

Miss Moonlight
10-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Condolences are reserved for the company of people who actually care in a personal way about the deceased. If on the off chance that anyone who actually knew Steve Jobs happens upon this thread, I'll apologize insofar as it's sucks that a person you may or may not have liked died, and I empathize with that. But I don't pretend to care about random dead people's feelings in real life and I'm sure not going to start on the internet. They, in almost any case, are beyond any possibility of caring about my opinion of their business practices.

I'm not going to lie and say I loved Apple products, because I really don't care about Apple as a corporation, their "image" or anything else they produce. However, when anyone decent dies of a long terminal illness (at least in my opinion), it's typically depressing.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-05-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm not going to lie and say I loved Apple products, because I really don't care about Apple as a corporation, their "image" or anything else they produce. However, when anyone decent dies of a long terminal illness (at least in my opinion), it's typically depressing.

Whenever anyone I know dies of a terminal disease it's depressing, if I got depressed whenever anyone died of a terminal disease I'd of ended it all a long time ago.

ACBlackJ0ck
10-06-2011, 03:50 AM
I also hate Apple products but I will still say this: RIP Steve Jobs

Ranshiin
10-06-2011, 05:24 AM
At first I thought you was trolling, and then I saw this on the BBC News website.

Fail troll fails.

In all seriousness, as much as I hate iPhones and iPods, dude did establish and build a company that makes some pretty good tech, price notwithstanding. So... yeah, there's that. There's my 'RIP' for you.

In further seriousness, my supervisor at work is going to have a party when he hears of this. He hated Jobs. When you're a computer repair tech, trying to repair a Mac is the worst part of the job.

wizz-o-matic
10-06-2011, 05:44 AM
I see this as a new Apple marketing move ....

Xeyuzio
10-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Was wrong with you I say you he dead.

Anyways I don't really feel anything considering I don't know him. :x

Uta-chan~
10-06-2011, 06:59 AM
R.I.P Steve Jobs. >: I will always prefer Apple<33

Token Black Guy
10-06-2011, 08:07 AM
I never bothered buying an Apple product, but R.I.P.

Furore
10-06-2011, 08:51 AM
R.I.P. Jobs.
May your stylish technology go with you to wherever you've gone in death.

blueangel06661
10-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Dear jobs. Even though I was a very poor companion to your apple products. I've lost two of your products.. gave one away for nothing and I got one accidentally ran over I still love them. Your ipods are amazing and I still use my horribly cracked one. I plan to buy a macbook pro sometime.

You also blew up my FB wall yesterday. RIP dude.

Uncanny X-Man
10-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Never owned an Apple product, but still, RIP.

Eris
10-06-2011, 01:31 PM
I'mma go put a finger print on his high-gloss tombstone.

Anoleis
10-06-2011, 02:21 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsn5m8vOXI1qzwq4vo1_500.png

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-06-2011, 02:25 PM
At first I thought you was trolling, and then I saw this on the BBC News website.

Hey now, maybe BBC is better for international news, but WSJ is still one of the most trusted sources of business news in spite of being owned by News Corp.

-GAZKUL-
10-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Always preferred Sony but i'll always respect him for making it easier for graphic designers. Rest In Peace

invalidation
10-06-2011, 06:02 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsk4brh1Yq1qcpvun.gif

Todd
10-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Steve was good man. He was a genius, a visionary, and an inspiration. I have no idea what I would do without my iPod.

Thanks Steve.

solidarmor
10-06-2011, 07:19 PM
If it weren't for Steve Jobs...there would be no Pixar, touch sensitive smart phones and tablets. The man was an innovator. Rest in peace Jobs.

TheAsterisk!
10-06-2011, 08:06 PM
If it weren't for Steve Jobs...there would be no Pixar, touch sensitive smart phones and tablets. The man was an innovator. Rest in peace Jobs.
PIXAR: Kind of. It was actually a system Lucasfilm developed, didn't think was good enough, and sold. Jobs ended up buying it.
Touch Screen: No. Flat out wrong.

Apple popularized a lot of tech, but almost never did it first, and they often acquired the technology from elsewhere rather than develop it in-house.

Jobs was a master of branding and showmanship. His presentation and marketing skills were without compare. He did so well, in fact, he kind of became Apple's mascot and personification as far as the general public was concerned.
Engineering, though? No, though there was another Steve for that early on.

solidarmor
10-06-2011, 09:23 PM
I stand corrected on the touch screen. But he did invest 40 Million into Pixar. Without his salesman-esq mastery ToyStory probably would never have been released.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-06-2011, 09:56 PM
I stand corrected on the touch screen. But he did invest 40 Million into Pixar. Without his salesman-esq mastery ToyStory probably would never have been released.
It's not like we have CGI Godfather to thank Pixar for. Pixar and it's imitators have lead to nothing that mankind couldn't stand losing. The biggest post-Pixar heavy CGI movie is what, Avatar? Yeah, we could live without Space Pocahontas.

TheAsterisk!
10-08-2011, 05:32 AM
It's not like we have CGI Godfather to thank Pixar for. Pixar and it's imitators have lead to nothing that mankind couldn't stand losing. The biggest post-Pixar heavy CGI movie is what, Avatar? Yeah, we could live without Space Pocahontas.
Even without PIXAR, though, we'd still have post-production CG aplenty. Remember, PIXAR was a system Lucasfilm developed and then dropped because it was insufficient for photo-realistic post-production work. Regardless, they seem to have done some serious CG work since, partly with some of their own software and some provided by other software companies.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Even without PIXAR, though, we'd still have post-production CG aplenty. Remember, PIXAR was a system Lucasfilm developed and then dropped because it was insufficient for photo-realistic post-production work. Regardless, they seem to have done some serious CG work since, partly with some of their own software and some provided by other software companies.

Not talking about special effects CGI, I'm talking about movies where most or all of the film itself is CGI. Also not saying ReBoot and stuff didn't exist, they just weren't popular. Pixar were the folks to popularize full-CGI for as much as that's worth, which I'd argue isn't much.