PDA

View Full Version : Leaving

Xeyuzio
09-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Why does it seem like more and more members are leaving, I hardly ever see anyone post anymore... ;_;

SuXrys
09-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Sometimes during the day there are alot of posts, others (like right now) there are not.
I don't think it has so much to do with people leaving, I think it has more to do with timezones and such.

edit: you have a new avatar / signature set right? It's very cute. ^^

Xeyuzio
09-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Sometimes during the day there are alot of posts, others (like right now) there are not.
I don't think it has so much to do with people leaving, I think it has more to do with timezones and such.

edit: you have a new avatar / signature set right? It's very cute. ^^

Seung-li made it for me. :3 Anyways there still isn't that much post and people leave because of that, I find it ironic because they're only contributing to the problem, I just wish you guys would give more of an effort to post more often. :<

SuXrys
09-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Seung-li made it for me. :3 Anyways there still isn't that much post and people leave because of that, I find it ironic because they're only contributing to the problem, I just wish you guys would give more of an effort to post more often. :<

Exactly. Instead of complaining then people should make post themselves. Or how do they think posts create themselfes? ^^
But Im trying to post much, I do not think I derserve this feeling of guilt you just gave me. *emo corner*

Hideki Motosuwa.
09-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Yeah, this is a site that is accessible internationally from anywhere, so of course we all live with different time zones. That may explain why you may not be seeing some posters at the same time you're on.

However, AF is kind of a dying site. Even with the upgrade, it's not as active as her earlier years. Back when I joined, Misc was active all the time, with posts literally every minute. About the upgrade, I think I recall it happening around June 2010.

Here's a pic of old AF when it had zero members on, and I was the only guest:
http://imageshack.us/f/14/0members.jpg/

Also, this site is rough sometimes, and people can't take it. So they leave to cool off. But they come back, they all do eventually XD And don't forget people have their own personal lives, or may not feel like logging in sometimes, or are busy with something else.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 04:20 PM

AF just doesn't care anymore..
http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?98940-Batman-Arkham-City/page2

Look at this page.

SuXrys
09-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Also, this site is rough sometimes, and people can't take it. So they leave to cool off. But they come back, they all do eventually XD And don't forget people have their own personal lives, or may not feel like logging in sometimes, or are busy with something else.

The site being rough? How? xD

Xeyuzio
09-29-2011, 04:24 PM
AF just doesn't care anymore..
http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?98940-Batman-Arkham-City/page2

Look at this page.

... OMG what happened in the VG forum? >_> I just wish people would at least try to post a little more or at least invite some new members...

Hideki Motosuwa.
09-29-2011, 04:27 PM
The site being rough? How? xD

Whoops, I think I should have said the people from the site are rough. My bad.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 04:31 PM
... OMG what happened in the VG forum? >_> I just wish people would at least try to post a little more or at least invite some new members...

SuXrys and Eris and others keep saying that people complain that this forum is dead but aren't doing a thing but I am...

Let's see..
http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?104857-Da-Carter-IV-Lil-Wayne
http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?104486-Watch-The-Throne-Jay-Z-amp-Kanye-West
^^I even mentioned the people and they viewed the thread; Did I get a reply? I didn't.
http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?100416-Fabula-Nova-Crystallis-Discussion-Thread/page3
Less than Batman, but see how many times I actually had to multipost...
http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?102197-quot-Wii-II-quot-confirmed...
^This thread only has 2 pages while in NF, which I also made, has 121 pages.

I am pretty sure I can least you 100 threads...

I'm only staying because I only talk to friends here, but AF is DEAD.

Xeyuzio
09-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Chef Masta K I made an thread in the music forum about the Vocaloid CD, I was sure to get at least one response and I also made a thread to post your Favourite UTAU but that one might have not gotten any responses because UTAUs aren't that famous. Well anyways I'll try to invite more member and post more if I can, maybe I can help the forum a bit more. ^_^

SuXrys
09-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Whoops, I think I should have said the people from the site are rough. My bad.

How? I think people in here are sweet in general. And if people actually think that people in here are "rough" then o'boy wait until they come out into the real world! How would you say that members in here are rough?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKVeBVDnSWOoWCIVNRXtqJyRGjI7fBa 7_TL3IM2869r2Z4irI9RA

SuXrys and Eris and others keep saying that people complain that this forum is dead but aren't doing a thing but I am...

Eyeyeyeyey.

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/150/i/2011/147/c/4/what__s_up_with_you___by_nilemaster-d3hdzn1.jpg

What are you talking about??!

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Chef Masta K I made an thread in the music forum about the Vocaloid CD, I was sure to get at least one response and I also made a thread to post your Favourite UTAU but that one might have not gotten any responses because UTAUs aren't that famous. Well anyways I'll try to invite more member and post more if I can, maybe I can help the forum a bit more. ^_^
http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?103485-Bardock-The-Super-Saiyajin&highlight=
Another example...It's also funny because the mod of the section edited my post yet he coudln't even put his thoughts...

I totally understand why some people are leaving.

EDIT: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?100533-L.A-Noire&highlight=

When the member has to multiple post a lot, it's just gets sad.....

Xeyuzio
09-29-2011, 04:48 PM
http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?103485-Bardock-The-Super-Saiyajin&highlight=
Another example...It's also funny because the mod of the section edited my post yet he coudln't even put his thoughts...

I totally understand why some people are leaving.

EDIT: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?100533-L.A-Noire&highlight=

When the member has to multiple post a lot, it's just gets sad.....

Sr.'s not much to talk in the forum, he's usually in chat with some of the other mods, maybe if some of the mods advertised their forum that could help with the problem.

Hideki Motosuwa.
09-29-2011, 04:49 PM
How? I think people in here are sweet in general. And if people actually think that people in here are "rough" then o'boy wait until they come out into the real world! How would you say that members in here are rough?

You must have gotten to know them then, or something. Sorry, but some people here are jerks IMO. In all my four years here, I haven't encountered a lot of "sweet" people here.

When you mix anime, and hormonally/emotionally high strong people, the result is obvious.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Sr.'s not much to talk in the forum, he's usually in chat with some of the other mods, maybe if some of the mods advertised their forum that could help with the problem.

Lol, I want to comment on that mod assigning when the mods don't even contribute but meh, I mean, I don't see the point of that then again, I can see why some don't because they will render useless; look at all my threads. So I guess if that's their reasons, I feel them.

I think half the forum is trying; but the other half just don't care which forms which unbalance things and makes all the efforts useless.

This is what I don't understand...How a NARUTO Forum is more popular than an ANIME Forum.

If people leave because AF is rude, they should see NF, which is a lot worse but people still go there; 500 members online 24/7. I just think AF is a lot more melodramatic for some odd reason.

You must have gotten to know them then, or something. Sorry, but some people here are jerks IMO. In all my four years here, I haven't encountered a lot of "sweet" people here.

When you mix anime, and hormonally/emotionally high strong people, the result is obvious.

Lmao, you should've went to my main forum then. AF is nothing, as a matter of fact, people here a nicer/softer. xD

So I don't see how this forum is "rude".

SuXrys
09-29-2011, 04:56 PM

Then perhaps you have meet all the nasty ones and I all the lovely ones? I really must just have missed all those jerks because I really don't know what you are talking about. O_O Can you perhaps give me an example? You don't have to write down who said it or to who he/she said but just a example of something typical a jerk have said to someone in here.

Kokorokisses
09-29-2011, 05:02 PM
I try to post as many posts as I can... but if I have nothing to say then I don't really post anything. @_@ And that's too bad that AF is becoming dead. D: It makes me a little sad because I just joined AF not too long ago... v.v

Zainox
09-29-2011, 05:02 PM
I have noticed this also, I do try as much as possible to post without it seeming like desperate spam...

marvel_phoenix
09-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Maybe the Twitter is partially to blame for the necrosis?

Hideki Motosuwa.
09-29-2011, 05:07 PM
If people leave because AF is rude, they should see NF, which is a lot worse but people still go there; 300 members online 24/7. I just think AF is a lot more melodramatic for some odd reason.

Lmao, you should've went to my main forum then. AF is nothing, as a matter of fact, people here a nicer/softer. xD

So I don't see how this forum is "rude".
Okay, this forum site isn't totally rude. However, you have to admit there are times when people are rude to each other.

Then perhaps you have meet all the nasty ones and I all the lovely ones? I really must just have missed all those jerks because I really don't know what you are talking about. O_O Can you perhaps give me an example? You don't have to write down who said it or to who he/she said but just a example of something typical a jerk have said to someone in here.
Perhaps so. Let's see... well, there was this guy named Akira whom gave me problems back in 2008, another guy with a wrestler for his avatar always quoted me with something negative to say. And we all know the resident jerk here named lil' McDoom. His whole existence here seems to be getting a reaction out of other members by posting nonsensical responses. I know they're just jokes sometimes, but that stuff can get repetitive and annoying.

So there are a few examples. However, two thirds of my examples are of people who gave me a hard time in the past. Today's Misc posters do seem a bit nicer.

Uta-chan~
09-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Hey, this thread is getting a lot of posts~~~ *-*

Xeyuzio
09-29-2011, 05:15 PM

What does Twitter have to do with an anime forum?

Chef Masta K I think it's because people in here don't like Naruto that much or people who like it, I've seen a lot of flaming because someone just said they liked Naruto...

Uta<3 It is, this is a good start. ='D

nanashipiero
09-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Maybe we can all bring 10 times more people back with our lovely charm :D

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 05:19 PM

Chef Masta K I think it's because people in here don't like Naruto that much or people who like it, I've seen a lot of flaming because someone just said they liked Naruto...

Uta<3 It is, this is a good start. ='D

That's not what I mean, NF gets 500 members every day and this forum gets berely 20.

If someone were to look for an Anime Forum and they search "anime forum". I think AF would appear instead of NF yet NF is 10x more populated than AF.

Uta-chan~
09-29-2011, 05:22 PM
You know, I've had a lot of AF members come to me saying how "dead" AF is now and how it's not as fun or something. My reaction to it was "really? OuO" Lol, I always have fun coming here and I think it's good that we're a smaller community than other forums because the a lot of active members get to know each other. I remember some members saying they loved how it was last year. Pssft, stop living in the past. :P

EDIT:

That's not what I mean, NF gets 500 members every day and this forum gets berely 20.

If someone were to look for an Anime Forum and they search "anime forum". I think AF would appear instead of NF yet NF is 10x more populated than AF.

That's exactly how I found AF. I wasn't even looking particularly for an anime-based forum though I knew people who liked anime were fun to talk too and it was a chance to use a lot of my emoticons. *^* \^0^/

..lol. But yeah. :3

SuXrys
09-29-2011, 05:22 PM

Urgh.. don't talk about twitter, I have never understood it.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwzUCD77Ek2ZCsHTUK0_mu-fz2FTZFOqDMnM-GilIe86184j4Avg

Hahah! Are seeing that aswell, but isn't that great? ^^
Then a certain someone *cough cough Chef Masta K cough* wont have anything to complain about. ;)

Okay, this forum site isn't totally rude. However, you have to admit there are times when people are rude to each other.

Perhaps so. Let's see... well, there was this guy named Akira whom gave me problems back in 2008, another guy with a wrestler for his avatar always quoted me with something negative to say. And we all know the resident jerk here named lil' McDoom. His whole existence here seems to be getting a reaction out of other members by posting nonsensical responses. I know they're just jokes sometimes, but that stuff can get repetitive and annoying.

So there are a few examples. However, two thirds of my examples are of people who gave me a hard time in the past. Today's Misc posters do seem a bit nicer.

I know who lilMcDom is but I really don't think his comments are that "much". So that people are leaving, judging from the posts I have seen by him, I really don't understand. Some posts are little over the top, but most of them I don't think is so harmfull. Why not ignore them if you think they are too much?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRY4aRw7Y-T-eIf1KD8ahSlMXvKtOJxCKs0Uvbw_aoWBpEeAML_

Xeyuzio
09-29-2011, 05:23 PM

AF does appear first than NF, I don't even see NF on the first page of Google. I think the problem with the difference between AF and NF is more people who watch anime in the US usually watch Naruto, no one ever bothers to go further than that. o_O;

Hideki Motosuwa.
09-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Well, when people decide they no longer want to be here, and consider Twitter more appealing, then they will leave.

I knew a guy who left AF just so he can spend more time on Gaia.

I know who lilMcDom is but I really don't think his comments are that "much". So that people are leaving, judging from the posts I have seen by him, I really don't understand. Some posts are little over the top, but most of them I don't think is so harmfull. Why not ignore them if you think they are too much?

I'm still here, aren't I? Anyways, I do ignore a lot of his posts. I'm just giving you an example of someone who is rude. It's not like I'm going to leave the forums just because he has a problem with Asians.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 05:26 PM
AF does appear first than NF, I don't even see NF on the first page of Google. I think the problem with the difference between AF and NF is more people who watch anime in the US usually watch Naruto, no one ever bothers to go further than that. o_O;

NF has people all over the world, just like here, just saying. Also, people like One Piece more there as well, a lot of them...

Like if I want to talk about anime in general; I would search for "ANIME FORUM" instead of "Naruto Forum".

Xeyuzio
09-29-2011, 05:28 PM
You know, I've had a lot of AF members come to me saying how "dead" AF is now and how it's not as fun or something. My reaction to it was "really? OuO" Lol, I always have fun coming here and I think it's good that we're a smaller community than other forums because the a lot of active members get to know each other. I remember some members saying they loved how it was last year. Pssft, stop living in the past. :P

EDIT:

That's exactly how I found AF. I wasn't even looking particularly for an anime-based forum though I knew people who liked anime were fun to talk too and it was a chance to use a lot of my emoticons. *^* \^0^/

..lol. But yeah. :3

I would rep you if I could...

Chef Masta K not to mention the fact that NF not only has things for Naruto but also for Bleach and One Piece. Might as well change the name to that forum to OAF ie Overrated Anime Forum.

Hideki Motosuwa. Aren't tabs made so people can multi-task? o_O

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 05:29 PM

Chef Masta K not to mention the fact that NF not only has things for Naruto but also for Bleach and One Piece. Might as well change the name to that forum to OAF ie Overrated Anime Forum.

Hideki Motosuwa. Aren't tabs made so people can multi-task? o_O

What's so good about popularity in a forum of 20 people?

Uta-chan~
09-29-2011, 05:31 PM

Does this mean I get member of the year? :'D

animeyay
It's a cycle, and it can be either vicious or benign.
For NF, more people are inclined to join and participate as soon as they see all the activity.
For AF, less people are inclined to join or participate as soon as the y see the lack of activity.

And we all know cycles are hard to break...

Xeyuzio

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. >_<;

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. >_<;

You said you would rep Uta for saying she likes a dead forum because you can be the popular kid easier; but the title is meaningless in a forum of just 20 people.

Xeyuzio
09-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Does this mean I get member of the year? :'D

That gives an interesting idea to me, maybe the mods can have like a Member of the Month thing to encourage people to post, specifically one for every forum. xD

animeyay Lets make it look like we have a lot of activity. O_O

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 05:35 PM
It's a cycle, and it can be either vicious or benign.
For NF, more people are inclined to join and participate as soon as they see all the activity.
For AF, less people are inclined to join or participate as soon as the y see the lack of activity.

And we all know cycles are hard to break...

In another forum I had 32,000 posts in total (I had two accounts, now banned) and I joined 2004, a lot of members have about the same or ever more.

The top members have less than 20k posts here, they been members longer, and saddest thing of all. it's only a few.

I think AF wasn't an active forum to begin with.

animeyay
09-29-2011, 05:36 PM
And I haven't been a member for that long, so I really don't know what AF was like in the past.
Every cycle has to begin somewhere though...

nanashipiero
09-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Lol @ the cat xD

But I think one day, that Naruto forum will go through an activity drought, and people will come here and see how cool it is here! It'll happen one day, that's for sure. As they say...

Whatever goes up, must come down.

It ain't gonna happen to Anime Forum, though.

Xeyuzio
09-29-2011, 05:37 PM
You said you would rep Uta for saying she likes a dead forum because you can be the popular kid easier; but the title is meaningless in a forum of just 20 people.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 05:39 PM

Lol, I always have fun coming here and I think it's good that we're a smaller community than other forums because the a lot of active members get to know each other. I remember some members saying they loved how it was last year. Pssft, stop living in the past. :P

A.K.A Being the popular kid.

Uta-chan~
09-29-2011, 05:40 PM

*A* That's not what I meant. Not to be popular, but just to know each other over the forum. I like going to the bottom and checking who's online X3

Hideki Motosuwa.
@Hideki Motosuwa. (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=119813) Aren't tabs made so people can multi-task? o_O
Pretty much.

That's what I'd like to know...

marvel_phoenix

To start off with, more and more people are accessing the internet on their phones (like I am right now, via PDANet), and a web forum/message board like what AF runs on is very klunky and awkward to mess with on a hand-set, mobile app or not. 2. People do more txting then they do talking on their phones, which makes Twitter so appealing to many of those types of people -- Twitter is just another version of txting back and forth. 3. People are getting more and more lazy. They don't want to hunt through and find a thread they commented on to see if someone responded. With Twitter, it notifies them almost instantaneously if someone replied to them. (I know AF gives you that option, but many times I don't even get a notice until the next day, but that could partially be because of my internet.)

Uta-chan~
09-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Chef Masta K Just cause I disliked one of your posts, you dislike all of mine now? Loosen up, kiddo. XD

Meenah
09-29-2011, 05:45 PM
I've been thinking a few times of leaving AF, but my buddies are the reason why I'm staying put. :c I'm just a workaholic now. lolz

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Pretty much.

That's what I'd like to know...

The internet is not what it used to be before. ;__; I miss the old days of glory. ._.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

I've been thinking a few times of leaving AF, but my buddies are the reason why I'm staying put. :c I'm just a workaholic now. lolz

Same here basically...xD

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Chef Masta K Just cause I disliked one of your posts, you dislike all of mine now? Loosen up, kiddo. XD

Stop trying to be cool. http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/43h7r5d.gif

Uta-chan~
09-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Chef Masta K I'm not trying to be cool. *this post will be disliked*

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Chef Masta K I'm not trying to be cool. *this post will be disliked*

Nope.

But calling someone "kiddo" who clearly is older, trying to put yourself above them certainly is. http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/43h7r5d.gif

Xeyuzio

Oh please don't leave, AF is already losing too much people as it is plus we would miss you. ;_;

Chef Masta K Uta is just Uta, maybe she's naturally popular kind of like Amber was and you are. o.o

Hideki Motosuwa.
The internet is not what it used to be before. ;__; I miss the old days of glory. ._.
I agree. However, there is some hope for AF, believe it or not. Less complaining and more action will definitely help. How's about spreading the word of AF on that site with the 500 new members a day you mentioned, CMK?

Uta-chan~
09-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Nope.

But calling someone "kiddo" who clearly is older, trying to put yourself above them certainly is. http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/43h7r5d.gif

Aww, I call a lot of people kiddo. Even someone older than you. Don't take it too harshly :P

Xeyuzio
Nope.

She is 100!!! D=

SuXrys
In another forum I had 32,000 posts in total (I had two accounts, now banned) and I joined 2004, a lot of members have about the same or ever more.

The top members have less than 20k posts here, they been members longer, and saddest thing of all. it's only a few.

I think most members that has been members here since years ago also have been unactive for a couple of years for different reasons, but are now back. Why do you sound so negative?

And for the record, I think there are more then 20 active members in here....

Hanamaru Kunikida
I agree. However, there is some hope for AF, believe it or not. Less complaining and more action will definitely help. How's about spreading the word of AF on that site with the 500 new members a day you mentioned, CMK?

Trust me, they won't join, as a matter of fact, we already some members from NF that have accounts here but they rather be there like;

The Butcher and Bassoonista

Xeyuzio
09-29-2011, 05:53 PM

Ace could always do some advertising in some other anime sites, I know bakarenders (a really popular anime renders siTE) is currently allowing people to advertised in their website. VocaloidOtaku is also currently allowing advertising and getting on that site could really help considering the amount of members it has.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 06:02 PM
Ace could always do some advertising in some other anime sites, I know bakarenders (a really popular anime renders siTE) is currently allowing people to advertised in their website. VocaloidOtaku is also currently allowing advertising and getting on that site could really help considering the amount of members it has.
That could work.

nanashipiero
09-29-2011, 06:03 PM
I think it would work pretty well, myself.

Xeyuzio
09-29-2011, 06:05 PM
That could work.

We should ask Ace, the only problem is the money but then again I'm sure Ace definitely has the money for it, I checked the price for BakaRenders and it's 15 dollars a month, not that bad. For VocaloidOtaku and admin would have to PM for prices. :x

SuXrys
09-29-2011, 06:06 PM
I think it would work pretty well, myself.

What would work pretty well? Advertising on other pages?

nanashipiero
09-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Yep. But like I said, this forum will rise up and become even more popular than ever before. I'm sure of it.

So, in my opinion, advertising would help, but the forum is going to come back, better than ever :D

Xeyuzio
09-29-2011, 06:11 PM
What would work pretty well? Advertising on other pages?

These are pages that attract anime fans though, BakaRenders does Anime render, VG renders, and Comic renders. VocaloidOtaku people only know about Vocaloid because it's related to anime so they obviously must have watched anime to find out about it.

SuXrys
09-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Yep. But like I said, this forum will rise up and become even more popular than ever before. I'm sure of it.

So, in my opinion, advertising would help, but the forum is going to come back, better than ever :D

Aslong as people are continue to post it will. :)

And you know what? I think it seems like the forum is better then it was last year, atleast it's a feeling I have.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 06:16 PM
These are pages that attract anime fans though, BakaRenders does Anime render, VG renders, and Comic renders. VocaloidOtaku people only know about Vocaloid because it's related to anime so they obviously must have watched anime to find out about it.

Go and be the savior of AF!

Xeyuzio
09-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Go and be the savior of AF!

I can only do so much by myself, you guys can help by linking to AF on your signatures in other forums. =D

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 06:32 PM
I can only do so much by myself, you guys can help by linking to AF on your signatures in other forums. =D

NF won't join, I'm not sure about e-mpire but probably not, and I brought 3 from Atari Community but they end up leaving.

It's because those places are more active than AF. I don't hang around e-mpire anymore though but it was more active than here.

th_afuro_samurai8
09-29-2011, 06:33 PM
I like AF,only thing keeping me from here is School, MCJROTC, and my momma. Hey...who wants some ice cream?

Hideki Motosuwa.
09-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Aslong as people are continue to post it will. :)

And you know what? I think it seems like the forum is better then it was last year, atleast it's a feeling I have.
Which part of last year? The first six months of 2010 pre-new AF, or after the upgrade in June post-new AF? Or as a whole?

Anime Forum
09-29-2011, 06:40 PM
I've tried. I have 280+ threads on here, though I always see the same people replying to them. I still think contests could help! Plus the anime/manga review section could use reviving. Though I have no plans to ever leave AF :3

SuXrys
09-29-2011, 06:42 PM

We'll try our best.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUTVlgjP-gaVha055h1250Cu6h7eZ0DtSz3_DgkaidbWUEd-jJv05esButgA

It's because those places are more active than AF. I don't hang around e-mpire anymore though but it was more active than here.

Don't you think as I do that AF has become better since last year? I think it does seem more active now.

Which part of last year? The first six months of 2010 pre-new AF, or after the upgrade in June post-new AF? Or as a whole?

I don't know.. I suppose in general since this time last year?

. and my momma. Hey...who wants some ice cream?

Who doesn't? ;)

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9TtGlwJNQvppJed7Ndap1VJgLwX-haujxvHpZ_-T2u_yXjEiZhttp://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEc_onXZkCLR0ojFLFfeAXozmjS_deE 7sTyuKXjAs5q5P6cjEu

Hideki Motosuwa.
09-29-2011, 06:52 PM
I don't know.. I suppose in general since this time last year?
I guess you could be right. After the forums went through some tough times of intense inactivity, it got slightly better when the forums upgraded to a more updated look with plenty of more features. However, I still miss the few hundred posts I made before the upgrade that got wiped out, and cannot be restored.

SuXrys
09-29-2011, 06:59 PM
I guess you could be right. After the forums went through some tough times of intense inactivity, it got slightly better when the forums upgraded to a more updated look with plenty of more features. However, I still miss the few hundred posts I made before the upgrade that got wiped out, and cannot be restored.

Did posts disapeared? I never thought of that.
Im don't even think im sure what the last update was about in general, to be honest.

th_afuro_samurai8
09-29-2011, 06:59 PM
[

Who doesn't? ;)

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9TtGlwJNQvppJed7Ndap1VJgLwX-haujxvHpZ_-T2u_yXjEiZhttp://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEc_onXZkCLR0ojFLFfeAXozmjS_deE 7sTyuKXjAs5q5P6cjEu
[/QUOTE] Who wouldnt? to all those ppl who told me ice cream was bad for my health..IM STILL HAVIN IT!!

Hideki Motosuwa.
09-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Did posts disapeared? I never thought of that.
Im don't even think im sure what the last update was about in general, to be honest.
Yes, posts did indeed disappear. I believe the last update was to upgrade the vBulletin thingy, so AF looks like it belongs in this century, like other forum sites. And add more functionality.

SuXrys
09-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Yes, posts did indeed disappear. I believe the last update was to upgrade the vBulletin thingy, so AF looks like it belongs in this century, like other forum sites. And add more functionality.

So why did posts disappear? That doesn't make any sense.

Hideki Motosuwa.
09-29-2011, 07:23 PM
So why did posts disappear? That doesn't make any sense.

I think when the site was upgraded, some data was lost permanently.

blueangel06661
09-29-2011, 07:41 PM
All of my AF buddies are starting to say AF is getting boring...

SuXrys
09-29-2011, 07:44 PM
All of my AF buddies are starting to say AF is getting boring...

Well, it's still each persons responsibility to make it funnier. So....

Anime Forum
09-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Sadly, we can't force people to post/make this place better, because then they wouldn't be enjoying themselves. We need to handle it how A4 handled it. Offer prizes in contests and possibly fix around the sections abit. In 2009 my idea was shot down, but how could editing existing anime sections hurt?

Syaoran
09-29-2011, 08:46 PM
If people leave, I don't really personally care. There'd be other ways to talk to them I'm sure, if you cared about them. If you're a half dead lurker like me, nothing you can really do. >_> I serve no purpose here but to create posts that make no sense.

animeyay
09-29-2011, 09:15 PM
I serve no purpose here but to create posts that make no sense.
Noooooooooooo with who else will I ever be able to spam Pokemon posts? D:

Elphaba
09-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Yeah, I noticed that as well. It kinda does make me sad but there are other ways to to talk to them. I have been here a while and am happy to say a few of my friends are too. They huts may not realize it lol.
I like it here too much, coming here always makes my day so I'm not planning om leaving anytime soon ;3

Syaoran
09-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Noooooooooooo with who else will I ever be able to spam Pokemon posts? D:

Uh. You know. That guy who looks like a Duck.

Scruffy
09-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Yup, this community is dead.

Xeyuzio
09-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Yup, this community is dead.

It's more like a zombie-ish than dead. You can help bring it back to full life if you stayed... ;_;

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 09:26 PM
It's more like a zombie-ish than dead. You can help bring it back to full life if you stayed... ;_;

If there were actual threads to post on. I'm creating some...let's see if it actually gets replies/...

SigmaSD
09-29-2011, 09:28 PM
The only reason AF is dead is because its members are growing up. We are all in our 20s and we're working towards our careers by studying or else we have more responsibilities like jobs or families. There's nothing we can do about that besides trying to get younger members to join. I guess its time we leave the forum to the youth.

And as sad as it may seem, most sites go through something like this at one point in there life. There are the peak years and then it just slowly starts to die off. There is so much that has gone on that there is just no more room for originality because its probably already been done before, or else things get repetitive.

A lot of people here come online to talk to friends whom they met on here, and avoid going on the forum because its not as appealing. I on the other hand manage to keep in touch with my AF friends on msn. Now I'm not going to lie, I dont respond as much and I may take some time to reply sometimes cause I have so many convos going on, but I try to do my best to talk to all of them. Since they're all on my msn account, I dont really see a reason for coming into AF and thats why I'm rarely on here anymore.

Also some newbies be crazy yo.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 09:35 PM
~snip
^^^
See, everyone has time to post in the forums-it's not that people are busy.....

I see a lot of people on MSN that could easily be making posts right now, so "I'm busy it's bs".

SigmaSD
09-29-2011, 09:53 PM
What part of "even though I'm on msn, I dont reply right away" did you not understand?

And also you're making it seem like its bad to not log onto a forum. I'd rather be on it when I can post leisurely than just post bs cause I'm too busy elsewhere doing something else.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 09:56 PM
What part of "even though I'm on msn, I dont reply right away" did you not understand?

And also you're making it seem like its bad to not log onto a forum. I'd rather be on it when I can post leisurely than just post bs cause I'm too busy elsewhere doing something else.

I was generalizing. Get off my back, brah.

People say they have "lives" but they are on MSN a lot. http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/43h7r5d.gif

SigmaSD
09-29-2011, 10:00 PM
That depends on the people though, half the time I dont get a response right away either cause people work on hw and stuff.

I dont really mind though. Whether they are on msn or on AF its their freedom. Cant really force people to come on the forum or on the msn.

I still think that the best bet of making this place more active is getting new people to take over.

Hideki Motosuwa.
09-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Since I don't want to post a new thread about it, I'll mention it here. I know you guys want to make the forums active, but why start posting threads that don't have potential for discussion? Now it seems like people are posting for the sake of posting. That's what those post games are for. I think I now see another reason why people have left.

animeyay
09-29-2011, 10:04 PM
You guys can be your sulky bunch lol.
For me, this forum will only truly be dead when people stop requesting more lyrics.
Submitting lyrics was my original purpose of being here anyways~
So yea, I doubt I'll get my @$$ off this forum any time soon =P

However, I do admit my work is taking up a lot of my free time, so that's why I'm not nearly as active as I used to be. Then again, even if I'm active, there's no point if others remain lurkers...=x For those who know, playing Wolf used to be either just me talking to myself or spamming Pokemon pictures with dark_butterfly XD (not that I didn't like that...)

SigmaSD
09-29-2011, 10:06 PM
I'd like to see these pokemon spamming pictures. Sounds interesting....*thinks*

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 10:14 PM
It's nice this forum is kicking up some activity.

Kaname Shikara
09-29-2011, 10:15 PM

Definitely XD so who says we're not active? >:3
Well...this is just an active time I think ^^;

SigmaSD
09-29-2011, 10:18 PM
Definitely XD so who says we're not active? >:3
Well...this is just an active time I think ^^;

Wow I havent seen you in a while around here. How have you been? Keep em poems coming. =3 =3

animeyay
09-29-2011, 10:18 PM
dark_butterfly
I miss you Pokemon spam! Gimme a hug!
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/108/6/8/Body_Slam_Snorlax_by_wpetrey.jpg

Aaaanyway, being sulky and depressed ain't gonna help us with the current situation, so y'all need to stop lamenting/reminiscing/grieving. =P

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 10:25 PM
I still think that the best bet of making this place more active is getting new people to take over.

No new member is going to take over if it takes 5 hours to make one post.

Syaoran
09-29-2011, 10:26 PM
animeyay

D< GET OUT OF HERE. *locks you in daycare with Snorlax and Sigma*

Anyway, laugh while your fleshy little organs keep you alive, for now.

animeyay
09-29-2011, 10:32 PM
D< GET OUT OF HERE. *locks you in daycare with Snorlax and Sigma*
Why Sigma, too? D:
I do NOT want to see what happens between him and your Snorlax!

SigmaSD
09-29-2011, 10:33 PM
omg why, what did i do!!! argh/ you cant do this to a superhero.

*pushes animeyay closer to the snorlax's mouth*

Syaoran
09-29-2011, 10:35 PM
animeyay SigmaSD

Both of you can be raeped by Snorlax eaten by Snorlax for all I care.

animeyay
09-29-2011, 10:38 PM
Both of you can be raeped by Snorlax eaten by Snorlax for all I care.
I thought we were partners in Pokemon spamming ;_;

SigmaSD
09-29-2011, 10:39 PM
*enjoys the pokemon picture spamming* This is better than those bronies and their pony picture nonsense.

animeyay
And SigmaSD

Syaoran
I thought we were partners in Pokemon spamming ;_;
Picture

Because you never game me cookies ; _ ;

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Not what I had in mind..=x

SigmaSD
09-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Thank you for displaying my raw power in the form of wobbufett, animeyay. I have followers *^*

animeyay
09-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Because you never game me cookies ; _ ;
I don't have cookies, but how about this?
http://www.infendo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/1222759134748-custom.jpg

Not what I had in mind..=x
Better than nothing XD

Thank you for displaying my raw power in the form of wobbufett, animeyay. I have followers *^*
Fine, I was careless. But let me be clear this time: You, SigmaSD, are Scizor.

shio_fujioka
09-29-2011, 10:49 PM
Getting new members to join is a good idea. But the problem I see a lot, is new member's join, then post maybe 1-3 times. And then stop posting and logging in. I think that's just a waste of there own time, if they only stay committed for a day. I've been here a few days, and I have my own life to attend to, but I try to be active at least once or twice a day. And personally I'm growing on this place. Although I only have one person that talks to me on here, I still post. I am constantly refreshing the forum home page looking for new replies, new threads that interest me, etc. My main problem is, I have no clue what type of threads to post myself, so I can't exactly help out there and I'm sorry. I do hope this site stays active for awhile longer though. It really is a nice and cozy place to be. :3

Kaitou Ace
09-29-2011, 10:49 PM
That's an impressive bento box O_o;

Syaoran
09-29-2011, 10:50 PM
animeyay

*drools* I forgive you out of hunger!

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 10:51 PM
I don't have cookies, but how about this?
Better than nothing XD

Meh. >_> I like spam, not this kind of spam. It bores me, but oh well, if it makes the forum active for other people.

SigmaSD
09-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Getting new members to join is a good idea. But the problem I see a lot, is new member's join, then post maybe 1-3 times. And then stop posting and logging in. I think that's just a waste of there own time, if they only stay committed for a day. I've been here a few days, and I have my own life to attend to, but I try to be active at least once or twice a day. And personally I'm growing on this place. Although I only have one person that talks to me on here, I still post. I am constantly refreshing the forum home page looking for new replies, new threads that interest me, etc. My main problem is, I have no clue what type of threads to post myself, so I can't exactly help out there and I'm sorry. I do hope this site stays active for awhile longer though. It really is a nice and cozy place to be. :3

I meant new members that manage to stay for a month or longer. Cause technically they're still considered newbies are they not? There's a difference between newbs and n00bs

Souhi
09-29-2011, 10:53 PM
The only reason AF is dead is because its members are growing up. We are all in our 20s and we're working towards our careers by studying or else we have more responsibilities like jobs or families. There's nothing we can do about that besides trying to get younger members to join. I guess its time we leave the forum to the youth.

And as sad as it may seem, most sites go through something like this at one point in there life. There are the peak years and then it just slowly starts to die off. There is so much that has gone on that there is just no more room for originality because its probably already been done before, or else things get repetitive.

A lot of people here come online to talk to friends whom they met on here, and avoid going on the forum because its not as appealing. I on the other hand manage to keep in touch with my AF friends on msn. Now I'm not going to lie, I dont respond as much and I may take some time to reply sometimes cause I have so many convos going on, but I try to do my best to talk to all of them. Since they're all on my msn account, I dont really see a reason for coming into AF and thats why I'm rarely on here anymore.

Also some newbies be crazy yo.

I'm inclined to agree a bit here.

All my old friends (Oyvind, Wonderwice/JaG/chibifireangel/CapStikkers/TrinityMuse..etc, bunch of other acquaintances) were posting up a storm with me 4-5 years or so back (Oh man, the old SoTM threads were so much fun). I was a high school freshman around then. I had time to lounge about, coast and do squat and post 500 times a day. We're all a lot busier.

Nowadays I'd rather text/Facebook on my phone while I'm sprinting about campus then poke through forums (hey...I still manage to post though). I met some long time friends here and even my girlfriend of 3 years. I come back out of habit and a nostalgic fondness that's never really left me. If AF had a more streamlined mobile version I'd browse quite a bit more.

New waves of members seemed to come and repopulate and take our spots as top/infamous/social posters each year, but lately it's dwindled quite a bit. I can remember a couple of really controversial, loveable troll-like posters that never really had successors. The place just feels kind of archaic to me compared to the other sites I frequent. Same threads over and over.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 10:53 PM
I meant new members that manage to stay for a month or longer. Cause technically they're still considered newbies are they not? There's a difference between newbs and n00bs

Newbies are new members that have potential to be at the level of the vets someday.

Noobs are just a waste. D;

animeyay
09-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Meh. >_> I like spam, not this kind of spam. It bores me, but oh well, if it makes the forum active for other people.
One man's trash, another man's treasure.
Something seemingly pointless/boring to you will always float someone's boat out there~ =D

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-29-2011, 10:56 PM
One man's trash, another man's treasure.
Something seemingly pointless/boring to you will always float someone's boat out there~ =D
If I think it's trash, it's probably trash!

Lmao JK.

Syaoran
09-29-2011, 10:56 PM
*raises hands and waves them wildly* =D Noob at your service *points at self*

SigmaSD
09-29-2011, 10:58 PM
I'm inclined to agree a bit here.

All my old friends (Oyvind, Wonderwice/JaG/chibifireangel/CapStikkers/TrinityMuse..etc, bunch of other acquaintances) were posting up a storm with me 4-5 years or so back (Oh man, the old SoTM threads were so much fun). I was a high school freshman around then. I had time to lounge about, coast and do squat and post 500 times a day. We're all a lot busier.

Nowadays I'd rather text/Facebook on my phone while I'm sprinting about campus then poke through forums (hey...I still manage to post though). I met some long time friends here and even my girlfriend of 3 years. I come back out of habit and a nostalgic fondness that's never really left me. If AF had a more streamlined mobile version I'd browse quite a bit more.

New waves of members seemed to come and repopulate and take our spots as top/infamous/social posters each year, but lately it's dwindled quite a bit. I can remember a couple of really controversial, loveable troll-like posters that never really had successors. The place just feels kind of archaic to me compared to the other sites I frequent. Same threads over and over.

And this, my friends, is someone who understand what I'm going through.

New people will come to take our place sooner or later. Its just the circle of foruming.

LittleMomo
09-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Zero,

You have been a wonderful person to hang out with, and talk to. Yea...it's about time I start to grow up too lol. Thank you for the poetry reviews, you were one of the people that inspire me to make poems. Gonna miss you buddy. Talk to me on msn D< you never addz me.

animeyay
09-29-2011, 10:59 PM
And I will always stay a noob~ *does a noob dance*

Eris
09-30-2011, 04:43 AM
A wild spam thread appears.

Eris uses close thread.

It's super effective!