PDA

View Full Version : What's your alignment V.2

Archaic Devices
09-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Other thread was closed a few years ago, so I thought it was time for a new one. Whenever I roleplay, I'm chaotic neutral. I would be lawful evil, but my dm won't allow any of us to be evil.

(Link here if you don't know what alignments are (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29))

Nanobyte
09-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Lawful evil.

*Watches a random passer-by littering the street.*
STOP! You violated the law! *starts hacking* Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence! *final blow* Your stolen goods are now forfeit!
*Walks away grumpily mumbling "Should have paid the fine..."*

GameGeeks
09-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Depends on char and class. For evil I'd have to go neutral evil. Lawful Neutral if I play a monk. True Neutral if a druid/ranger. Rest is random though I rarely do lawful good or neutral good.

miniPhil
09-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Atm I'm playing a LG Minotaur Monk. Or do you mean me personally? I'd say I'm probably TN, leaning CN.

Archaic Devices
09-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Atm I'm playing a LG Minotaur Monk. Or do you mean me personally? I'd say I'm probably TN, leaning CN.

Either or I guess. I take it you're not one to put your personality in the game?

-GAZKUL-
09-18-2011, 03:24 PM
All told resoundingly Chaotic Evil bur currently playing a Lawful Neutral

miniPhil
09-18-2011, 03:56 PM
I take it you're not one to put your personality in the game?
I try not to, isn't that the point of rping? Trying new things. I'm really finding LG difficult to stick to though. "What do you mean I can't steal everything? Not only that but I have to make sure no one else steals? What kind of nonsense is this?"

GameGeeks
09-18-2011, 04:08 PM
That's the only issue with monks, can't have sticky fingers. Though an LE Monk is loads of fun.

Tetsanosuke
09-18-2011, 07:30 PM
From true neutral all the way to lawful good. I'm not very good at being an evil character. Even when I'm C/L Neutral I tend towards more goodly than evil. But each alignment I play is based on the character concept, rather than a singular preference.

If I were to label myself with an alignment it would either be lawful neutral or neutral good.

Aranneas
09-19-2011, 01:40 AM
I've played everything. Lawful evl, chaotic neutral, and chaotic good are my favourites.

My personal alignment seems to shift quite a bit but I probably lean to neutral good overall.

Furore
09-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Chaotic Neutral.
I tend to play dumb muscle comedy relief characters and immoral self serving, yet occasionally benevolent rogues much of the time, so the alignment tends to work for me.

Esiphas
09-19-2011, 09:47 AM
I vary between chaotic neutral and chaotic Evil. I'm always chaotic, but i play either crazy antagonists or roguish rebellious authority figures who do not side as ''good or evil''

sunnyside
09-20-2011, 10:07 PM
I suppose I'm Lawful Good.

For characters. Hurm, I haven't played D&D in ages. I suppose I mixed it up.

In other games "alignment" is more nuanced. Antiheros are quite common and frequently involve a hodgepodge of all nine alignments.

And then you have games like Paranoia, where even knowing the term "lawful evil" is above your security clearance, and sounds suspiciously like commie propaganda.

Actually the reason I'm here is because I GMed a Shadowrun game that probably went too far, and after that I was ready to run a "magic girl" RPG and AF seemed the perfect place :P

Archaic Devices
10-08-2011, 02:36 PM
I suppose I'm Lawful Good.

For characters. Hurm, I haven't played D&D in ages. I suppose I mixed it up.

In other games "alignment" is more nuanced. Antiheros are quite common and frequently involve a hodgepodge of all nine alignments.

And then you have games like Paranoia, where even knowing the term "lawful evil" is above your security clearance, and sounds suspiciously like commie propaganda.

Actually the reason I'm here is because I GMed a Shadowrun game that probably went too far, and after that I was ready to run a "magic girl" RPG and AF seemed the perfect place :P

What do you mean by "nuanced"?

Tetsanosuke
10-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Perhaps he's referring to games played without the keen hold to the alignment system? Like in reality, the lines between good and evil can vary. For example: a tribal people may see sacrificing an enemy to their god as a very good thing to do; the right thing. When modern people look at that they may find it morally wrong regardless of religious/cultural significance and differences. There we have a blurred line smudged about by culture, and perspectives.

I could be wrong in my speculation, as he might mean something else. The only real downside to games that blur the lines is that paladins can't stare at people and know they are villainous, and magic that depends on alignment has to be approached in a different manner or thrown away entirely.

Screwby
10-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Wow Chaotic Neutral is pretty popular.
Chaotic Neutral is my favorite alignment but the one I use depends on the character I want to make

RyuTama
10-24-2011, 08:04 AM
I'd probably say that I myself am Chaotic Good, and I usually tend to play Chaotic characters. I like writing unpredictable personalities; the Lawful ones are just too strict, in my opinion, except for LE. I'll play as neutral ones from time to time, but I still prefer Chaotic. xD Then again, when talking about D&D, the class is always a factor to take into account.

Yukari
10-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Oh gosh. I think I've played every alignment there is. I hate making the same characters over and over again, so I try to make a new character every time I RP. So I guess my personality would be Chaotic for sure, but weather it is Chaotic Good, Evil or Neutral all depends, Although right now I have too many characters, probably at least one in each category that is active right now. D: So hard to remember which color is which character when I go to post.

okazaki2
10-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Chaotic-Neutral and lawful evil, ask if you want to know more ^^

The Nightingale
04-09-2012, 03:23 PM
I've been told I am Neutral Good. My characters in my current D&D games are Good, and Neutral. I don't think I could ever be evil, act evil or do any sort of evil things. My characters are either goody goody sheltered magic users or the typical cocky rogue. I'm booooooooooooring.

Hmm, perhaps I should challenge myself to play some sort of evil character. Maybe a WARLOCK!

Sitcom
06-10-2012, 01:29 AM
One monotheistic cleric, lawful evil. One "seductive" rogue, chaotic evil.

Allan53
11-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Depends what I feel like playing, I'm pretty flexible. I'm thinking I'll play a LG paladin next time, I think they can be playable with a range of characters

Alice Lost
06-17-2013, 10:17 AM
I would probably be Neutral / Good because it matches my personality but when I play as my Dungeons & Dragons Character, Alice Lost, I am a Chaotic / Good.

Tenrou Nogitsune
07-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Chaotic neutral.

xKMCK
07-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Chaotic Good~