PDA

View Full Version : Baka and Test

Scruffy
08-18-2011, 10:15 PM
WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING!?! WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS? GET IN HERE.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2889zsp.jpg

Currently dying of anticipation for Episode 7 of Season 2.

ITT: Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu discussion, for both seasons 1 and 2.

Darkhallows
08-19-2011, 03:54 AM
I keep seeing ads for it. It looks cute but I haven't watched it yet.

Todd
08-19-2011, 10:11 PM
I freakin' love this anime. It is SO. DAMN. FUNNY. Season 1 was amazing. I can't wait to buy the DVD's. Season 2 isn't as good but still great. Episode 7 was awesome but did you see the surprise at the end?!
MINAMI KISSED AKIHISA! HOLY SH*T!!!!

Scruffy
08-20-2011, 06:46 AM
I freakin' love this anime. It is SO. DAMN. FUNNY. Season 1 was amazing. I can't wait to buy the DVD's. Season 2 isn't as good but still great. Episode 7 was awesome but did you see the surprise at the end?!
MINAMI KISSED AKIHISA! HOLY SH*T!!!!
I have not seen Episode 7. Still waiting for a subbed version to come out. I was trolled hard by seeing a raw version come out D:

animeyay
08-20-2011, 10:32 AM
I suppose Season 1 was quite good, and I enjoyed it. But to be frank, Season 2 has been quite dull for me so far. All the running jokes are overused, all the plot devices are getting old, and it feels more like episodes of OVAs put together as there's no central storyline here. Yes, the artwork is cute, and randomness is probably part of its charm for some, but not for me. =x

Sorry, I'm not trying to bash the show in any way, as I am trying really hard to force myself to stick with this show. Maybe it'll gradually get better.

Todd
08-20-2011, 12:03 PM
I suppose Season 1 was quite good, and I enjoyed it. But to be frank, Season 2 has been quite dull for me so far. All the running jokes are overused, all the plot devices are getting old, and it feels more like episodes of OVAs put together as there's no central storyline here. Yes, the artwork is cute, and randomness is probably part of its charm for some, but not for me. =x

Sorry, I'm not trying to bash the show in any way, as I am trying really hard to force myself to stick with this show. Maybe it'll gradually get better.

I agree. This season just feels like randomness. I mean, randomness isn't bad but, this season has just been a bit boring. BUT, at the end of episode 7 I think the real plot line is going to start. That's just a theory of course, but if it had to start I would say this is time it's going to.

Scruffy
08-20-2011, 12:27 PM

Season 2's not doing it for you? Not even after the epic peeking-attempt saga?

I was loling when Sugawa sacrificed himself to save Akihisa from Ironman. Dat melodramatic scene was too good. xD

animeyay
08-20-2011, 02:55 PM
I mean, the peeking attempt, mistaking Hideyoshi as a girl, boys/Yuuji getting beat up by girls/Shouko, and Minami and Himeji's internal rivalry over Akihisa, etc. were funny and all in the first season, but the producers can't possibly expect them to have the same comedic effect on the audience in the second season, because the fans would be expecting something new, not old running gags. It just gives off this vibe that they are running out of ideas, so they simply recycled the old elements from the previous season and reused them. This, is a big no no for me.

I guess I'll have to watch episode 7 then, since according to Todd the plot is finally starting to materialize. Randomness sometimes works if the producers can have something different in each episode (like in Azumanga Daioh), so the viewers don't get bored. But in this case, I was literally yawning at the same scenes that I have already seen too much of in season 1.

FluffyDango
08-20-2011, 06:57 PM
I don`t know why exactly but I found ep 1 lame of season 1 :P
There`s alot of much better animes this season.
Not enough Hideyoshi maybe :P
And yes I know that the plural of anime isn`t animes, but it sounds more right :P

Edit: If you`re going to write some of the title in english, write it all in english :p
"The Idiot, the Tests, and the Summoned Creatures 2"

randomusername
08-21-2011, 04:32 AM
Gonna start watching it these days.

Scruffy
08-21-2011, 02:37 PM
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: THE EAGLE HAS LANDED.

I finally have Episode 7. Going to watch it right now.

Meteorkeeper
08-21-2011, 03:04 PM
I watched the first few episodes but it did not impress me but now I might decide to give it another chance.

Todd
08-21-2011, 03:09 PM
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: THE EAGLE HAS LANDED.

I finally have Episode 7. Going to watch it right now.

I just watched the subbed version about an hour and a half ago. It's has some great action in that episode. And I FINALLY understand the end of the episode!
Minami kissed Akihisa because he sent her the wrong text. When she asked him why he wants her in his room he was about to text her, but another guy ext him asking him why he wanted to get into the girls' bath so bad. Akihisa replied "For Love of course!" But accidentally sent that to Minami instead. So Minami thought it was a confession. We have now officially entered a shit storm. Hold on tight, it's gunna get bumpy.

Scruffy
08-21-2011, 03:55 PM
I just watched the subbed version about an hour and a half ago. It's has some great action in that episode. And I FINALLY understand the end of the episode!
Minami kissed Akihisa because he sent her the wrong text. When she asked him why he wants her in his room he was about to text her, but another guy ext him asking him why he wanted to get into the girls' bath so bad. Akihisa replied "For Love of course!" But accidentally sent that to Minami instead. So Minami thought it was a confession. We have now officially entered a shit storm. Hold on tight, it's gunna get bumpy.
Episode 7 was, in my opinion, the greatest episode in the entire series. Completely worth all the waiting.

Arumachinogunjou
08-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Arghhh. great. THANKS GUYS.

I want to see this now... and i was just about to go watch a movie T-T

Todd
08-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Episode 7 was, in my opinion, the greatest episode in the entire series. Completely worth all the waiting.

I think this episode maybe the starting point of the plot for the rest of the series. An all out war between Minami and Himeji? Should be good next week!

Arghhh. great. THANKS GUYS.

I want to see this now... and i was just about to go watch a movie T-T

lol

Scruffy
08-21-2011, 05:26 PM
I think this episode maybe the starting point of the plot for the rest of the series. An all out war between Minami and Himeji? Should be good next week!
There is honestly so much they can do with the plot right now. Isn't everyone supposed to be suspended now too? xD

I'mma rewatch this at least three times before next week's episode. FFFpeeps aren't going to take as long next time either, apparently, which is good news. :D

Todd
08-25-2011, 08:07 PM
There is honestly so much they can do with the plot right now. Isn't everyone supposed to be suspended now too? xD

I'mma rewatch this at least three times before next week's episode. FFFpeeps aren't going to take as long next time either, apparently, which is good news. :D

I feel very ripped-off with this week's episode.... Damn it...

Scruffy
08-25-2011, 08:09 PM
I feel very ripped-off with this week's episode.... Damn it...
You already saw the raw version? xD

I'm still waiting for it subbed. I expect FFF to get it out sooner than later, as they stated that last week's took longer than usual. But unfortunately from what you said, I may be disappointed D:

Todd
08-25-2011, 08:13 PM

I'm still waiting for it subbed. I expect FFF to get it out sooner than later, as they stated that last week's took longer than usual. But unfortunately from what you said, I may be disappointed D:

Yea, I don't want to spoil anything for you. I mean, it was a good episode, just not in terms of what happened in episode 7. I wish it was next week already, lol.

Todd
08-28-2011, 11:51 PM

Hey the subs are out for episode 8. Have you seen it yet? It was a good episode. Explained a lot about Minami's past and how she got to like Akihisa. It's quite interesting. I'm dying to see this weeks though lol.

Scruffy
08-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Hey the subs are out for episode 8. Have you seen it yet? It was a good episode. Explained a lot about Minami's past and how she got to like Akihisa. It's quite interesting. I'm dying to see this weeks though lol.
Yeah, I actually saw it about two days ago, just haven't posted about it D:

Sure it was lacking a lot of what we're used to, but it was more of character development on Minami's part. I THINK that they may actually be in a relationship around Episode 9 or something, as for them to put an episode covering the backstory of her like that would make no sense otherwise.

Initially I was against the two of them, but now I'd actually be pretty pleased if it did happen with her as opposed to Himeji xD

Todd
08-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I actually saw it about two days ago, just haven't posted about it D:

Sure it was lacking a lot of what we're used to, but it was more of character development on Minami's part. I THINK that they may actually be in a relationship around Episode 9 or something, as for them to put an episode covering the backstory of her like that would make no sense otherwise.

Initially I was against the two of them, but now I'd actually be pretty pleased if it did happen with her as opposed to Himeji xD

I'm still split between both of them. But I'm starting to lean towards Himeji. She's always been so nice and sweet to Akihisa, unlike Minami with her violence. But that's just her tsundere attitude. Given that Himeji has had a lot more "moments" with Akihisa than Minami has, so I'm glad for her now. But I think I'd prefer Himeji. Just depends what happens next episode. It should be good.

I do agree with you though, that this episode was not really needed. It was nice to have it, but we really didn't want it. They pretty much just trolled us last week, getting us all excited from what happened in 7, then they give us this. Well, I guess they wanted to build up more suspense for this week, and it's working lol.

Scruffy
08-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Todd: Also, this should summarize the episode:

http://angryanimebitches.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Screen266-1024x575.jpg

Todd
08-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Scruffy Lol, I was actually gunna put that up.

SuXrys
08-29-2011, 06:03 PM
WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING!?! WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS? GET IN HERE.

Seeing that you guys seem to enjoy this anime very much I thank you for the tip!
I will check it out :) *getting in soon*

I have not seen Episode 7. Still waiting for a subbed version to come out. I was trolled hard by seeing a raw version come out D:

... Couldn't help myself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc

Scruffy
09-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Whelp, after seeing Episode 9, my reaction is this:
http://i56.tinypic.com/2znq2za.jpg
I'm out. It was fun while it lasted.

Todd
09-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Whelp, after seeing Episode 9, my reaction is this:
http://i56.tinypic.com/2znq2za.jpg
I'm out. It was fun while it lasted.

What didn't you like about the episode exactly?

Scruffy
09-04-2011, 08:57 PM
What didn't you like about the episode exactly?
Minami got friendzoned, basically.

It wouldn't have upset me as much if Episode 8 never existed. Honestly, what was the point of that episode, adding backstory to her and explaining her relationship with Aki more, if he was just going to friendzone her in Episode 9?

Not to mention the fact that he never even made things clear with Himeji, either. Apparently the anime is only going to get worse, too.

As far as I'm concerned, this season ended at Episode 8. This was just a non-canon OVA.

Todd
09-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Minami got friendzoned, basically.

It wouldn't have upset me as much if Episode 8 never existed. Honestly, what was the point of that episode, adding backstory to her and explaining her relationship with Aki more, if he was just going to friendzone her in Episode 9?

Not to mention the fact that he never even made things clear with Himeji, either. Apparently the anime is only going to get worse, too.

As far as I'm concerned, this season ended at Episode 8. This was just a non-canon OVA.

That might be a little much, of course in the first place he was going to tell her it was a mistake. So of course she going back to the friend zone. You are right, what was the point of episode 8? I think the key lies in the end of the episode 9. Minami and Himeji stopped "acting" and started to reveal their true feelings to each other. And that could only happen when one of them crossed the line, and Minami obviously did that when she did what she did. So now they both know each others' feeling about Akihisa. But did you think Akihisa and Minami would be together after this? Of course they couldn't, because then Himeji's character would be eliminated. Akihisa HAS to be oblivious to their feelings or else one of them would just a depressing, sulking character. So please don't drop this series. Next episode should be quite interesting. At least finish the season.

And where did you hear it was going to get worse?

Scruffy
09-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Todd: It's just incredibly poor writing. It's pretty bad to **** with your fanbase like that. Build up expectation for one character, then immediately drop her in the next episode.

Also, not 100% sure, but apparently in the novels, many key character traits get dropped:

- Himeji gets better at cooking
- Aki's sister allows Himeji over at his place
- Minami betrays Class F in an ESB
- Shouko falls for someone else [not sure]
- Minami moves back to Germany [not sure]

Todd
09-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Scruffy You may want to watch episode 10. I think you'll be pleased with Minami and Akihisa.

Scruffy
09-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Episode 10 = REDEMPTION

But honestly, seemed like there was a bit of friendzoning going on in the very ending scene. Unless something happens in Ep 11 or 12 (probably 12 since 11 looks like it's all on Shouko and Yuuji), I'm still not won over.

Todd
09-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Episode 10 = REDEMPTION

But honestly, seemed like there was a bit of friendzoning going on in the very ending scene. Unless something happens in Ep 11 or 12 (probably 12 since 11 looks like it's all on Shouko and Yuuji), I'm still not won over.

That's good to hear. I like Minami, but I'm definitely going for Himeji. I guess they shipped quite a bit of Himeji last season. Guess it's Minami's turn. Gotta wonder what Akihisa said? Can't wait for the subs.

EDIT: ok saw the subs. Wow, what a great episode. Minami was so cute when she said she fell really hard for someone :P I'm glad Akihisa put it like that, instead of saying something else. it made sure Himeji was still in the race. But I gotta say I like Minami a lot more now. Next episode will probably be a boring one. But probably fun to watch since it's Yuuji and Shouko.

Todd
09-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Scruffy Did you see this week's episode? Didn't think I'd like it but, I was pleasantly surprised. But I'm really looking forward to next week's.

P.S.m There are 13 episode this season. I can't remember if it was you I was talking about this with or not. But, we have 2 more episodes left.

Blackenstein
12-17-2011, 10:12 AM
ive already watched this over and over and still not getting bored ,,
thumbs up :)

SakuraKiss13
12-23-2011, 02:25 AM
I just started watching this show a feew minutes ago. Now I'm watching episode 2 of season 1 and one idea strucked my mind---
---I LOVE THIS SHOOOOW! :D

TomoyoSakagami
12-24-2011, 01:41 PM
This show is just way too good. That's why I just HAD to go read the light novels; I certainly don't regret it.