PDA

View Full Version : [Manga] One Piece

cloudykiller
08-12-2011, 06:40 PM
I know, I know, One Piece is one of the "Big Three" when it comes to manga, so shame on me for posting a review about it, but I just LOVE One Piece.

The story is obscure, I agree, but what anime isn't obscure? What starts off as a simple adventure to sail around different islands, has begun to expand to something much more, with a LARGE amount characters, with a lot of thought and care taken into each and ever single one.

The artwork, near the start of the series, is indeed not that great, but the series started in the mid to late 90's, so give it a break. The artwork now is very great, and does a great job at showcasing movement, in my opinion. :D

The actions scenes are very nice, and the progression of characters in terms of strength and relevence to the story is very very nice. I hope that there are a lot of other people out there that feel like One Piece deserves more credit. :3

krockyon
01-16-2012, 11:53 AM
I would agree its a wonderful manga and is immensely popular so there is that obvious trend to it. I love the characters even the fat and or creepy ones. I do think that the story could go on forever but I hope that the world government will be destroyed. Luffy becomes pirate king and all his crew fulfills their respective dreams as well. I would like to see the next series Oda will throw out.

Ell53925
01-20-2012, 05:31 PM
It's the perfect balance of humor, emotional shiz and action. one piece nerd 2k12 lulz.

Meroty
03-15-2012, 02:33 AM
Yeah, One Piece is really a fantastic and awesome manga/anime. >.< I really love every arc and the most epic arcs.
There is no part of OP that I don't like, the characters, artwork, story/plot, and evrything! They're all awesome!!! >.<

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
06-17-2012, 06:08 PM
I know, I know, One Piece is one of the "Big Three" when it comes to manga, so shame on me for posting a review about it, but I just LOVE One Piece.

The story is obscure, I agree, but what anime isn't obscure? What starts off as a simple adventure to sail around different islands, has begun to expand to something much more, with a LARGE amount characters, with a lot of thought and care taken into each and ever single one.

The artwork, near the start of the series, is indeed not that great, but the series started in the mid to late 90's, so give it a break. The artwork now is very great, and does a great job at showcasing movement, in my opinion. :D

The actions scenes are very nice, and the progression of characters in terms of strength and relevence to the story is very very nice. I hope that there are a lot of other people out there that feel like One Piece deserves more credit. :3

FINALLY!! :D Finally a thread all dedicated to the best anime ever! ;) I'd definetely rate it with 20 out or 20 and 99.9% out of 100%
I see other "big animes" such as Naruto and Bleach, and therefore I understand how f*** awesome OP is! Oda as made a WONDERFULL job, the story is damn complex, while Bleach is ending with not even 400 chapters and Naruto may also be close to the end, at OP the New World has just started!!!! I see OP ending with over 1000 chapters and with me already married :P

It balances humor, fights, values such as friendship and determination, in the tipical Shonnen-type of manga but surpassing all the others!

Well, that's just my opinion :P

Henshin_Ikeda
10-22-2012, 02:52 PM
I enjoyed the manga more then I should of, and switched to the anime series and began reviewing it as of late after I caught up.
(glade the fishermen arc is ending)

YouTube review Link:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAr-WHLffKmOgI5-pbMSTJWw9a0f2i2xn&feature=plcp

TheDeathGod
11-16-2012, 09:33 PM
It has all the things that I like in a manga , humor and action!