PDA

View Full Version : Sera's Not so Fine Art

Vintniv
08-01-2011, 09:05 PM
I will try to draw more. My angles absolutely suck. As does my camera.

Archaic Devices
08-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Ah, been a while since I've done an art critique. Let's start with the first one. I love the depth you've created with this picture. To help with the depth a little more, try to show more of the lighting. It appears as though the lighting is coming from the upper left with the highlight in the eye and the shadows on the right. But it's a bit hard to tell at first. The shadows could probably be a bit darker on the right side of her face. Another thing is to make sure the lines of the shadows are going the same way. You can tell that in some places you started going one way with the lines then switched to another direction. The only time I would recommend lines going in different directions so close to each other is if you're cross hatching, if it's part of your style, or that part of the body calls for different directioned lines. Her right eye seems to be pretty flat compared to the left one. I'd also check the proportions of the eyes. The right eye is a bit bigger than the left, and the only times eyes should be bigger or smaller than one another is if the person is looking left or right. The right eye seems to be more curved on both the top and the bottom, whereas the left eye has more of a square bottom and a flatter top. I love the depth of the lips and the necklace. The angle of the bottom right of her face is longer and flatter than the left part. Otherwise I don't have anything else to say on that one. Just make sure to go darker on the shadows.

For the second one, you also have problems with the angles. The right side is long and flat and the left side is rounder and shorter. Not sure which one you were going with. I absolutely love the eyes. You definitely have more depth in there, and I like how you went with the different directions to make it look more realistic. I can tell the lighting is coming from the right side, but the left side doesn't seem shadowy enough. Her left side would have a lot more shadows than just by her nose and on the far left (although this might be how the image looks, I'm not sure.) The shadows are definitely darker where they need to be, which is good (the shadows on the far left on her neck could be a bit darker though). The hair and the earrings are amazing. You can definitely see the depth done in the hair. It's dark where it needs to be, and you did a great job making it look like hair with the individual strands. The earrings, especially the left one, are also shaded amazingly. You can very easily see where the shadows and the highlights are. One thing to remember with the lips, is that they should always be darker than the skin, and the bottom lip is always darker than the top. It's hard to distinguish between the bottom of the lip and the skin, and generally there's not that big of a highlight down at the bottom of the lip.

zekes
08-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Keep up on doing art work such as this one and you will become a great artist or painter someday.

Ezza Obsuna
08-09-2011, 05:14 AM
Hey. They're really good. Though the girl's face on the second pic is a little off.