PDA

View Full Version : [Nick] Legend of Korra

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-25-2011, 10:34 PM
(First, I am not acknowledging it as an anime BECASUSE IT'S NOT but I think it would be best suit here. and considering a few people consider it for some off reason.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfuqOekxGDU&feature=player_embedded

I think it looks really interesting. =D

Aulos
07-25-2011, 11:41 PM
How can you say you're not acknowledging it as an anime, but then post it in the anime section?

If it's not an anime, the anime section is not what it is best suited for.

Anyway, I've never been into the Avatar series. I saw the live-action movie, which according to all of my friends that have seen the cartoon series, was awful. I didn't know either way. lol

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-25-2011, 11:43 PM
How can you say you're not acknowledging it as an anime, but then post it in the anime section?

If it's not an anime, the anime section is not what it is best suited for.

Anyway, I've never been into the Avatar series. I saw the live-action movie, which according to all of my friends that have seen the cartoon series, was awful. I didn't know either way. lol
Cause I didn't want it to post it on the Misc section? And there's already Avatar threads here, very deep in somewhere, so whatever.
And yeah, the live-action movie was garbage.

iMaximum
07-26-2011, 12:35 AM
Everything that is animated is anime in Japan....ಠ_ಠ
Also I believe the first Avatar is made in Japan tho
I'm so excited I've been waiting 3 years for a sequel

Capitán
07-26-2011, 12:36 AM
I enjoyed the first series (which was divided into three books) and the movie.
Naturally, this new season looks highly interesting to me.

Darkhallows
07-26-2011, 02:36 AM
I'm super excited, and it looks amazing! For anyone wondering, the show was animated in Korea, but the creators are American.

Meteorkeeper
07-26-2011, 11:09 AM
I am looking forward to this new season I have very high hopes for it.

blueangel06661
07-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Looks like animation to me.. So I'd say it's anime..

Either way it actually looks good... I think I'm going to watch it..

Aulos
07-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Everything that is animated is anime in Japan....ಠ_ಠ

We aren't in Japan.

iMaximum
07-27-2011, 03:57 AM
We aren't in Japan.

I......I know........ಠ_ಠ...but....(doesn't speak English well so has no idea how to respond or react)

Aulos
07-27-2011, 11:46 AM
I......I know........ಠ_ಠ...but....(doesn't speak English well so has no idea how to respond or react)

I'm just saying, we can't go by the Japanese definition. Unless you want stuff like Family Guy and Spongebob Squarepants to start becoming everybody's favorite anime.

Avatar is a cartoon. There's nothing wrong with cartoons or it being a cartoon.

Tobias
07-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Looking forward to it (:

Tolle
07-27-2011, 08:47 PM
[...]Unless you want stuff like Family Guy and Spongebob Squarepants to start becoming everybody's favorite anime.[...]

ಠ_ಠ ... Family Guy.. Favorite anime... ====_______======''''''
I'll fear that day, if it were to come. Having to explain everyone what anime is and why I like it would be an immense pain to my being xD

Back to the topic: Avatar: The Last Airbender was beyond epic! The story is good and the animation is a delight for the eye. My only wish for The Legend of Korra, would be for the target group to be a little more mature. That would really ace it for me! :D

iMaximum
07-28-2011, 08:19 AM
I seriously don't know anymore.
feelsbadman.jpg

FluffyDango
07-28-2011, 08:42 AM
We aren't in Japan.

I was about to write the same.

MistaCloudStrife
07-28-2011, 08:51 AM
I'll check it out. If there isn't a character equivalent to Sokka in this series, I probably won't enjoy it though.

Tobias
07-28-2011, 08:30 PM
There's Korra's brother, Bolin (:

Mike and Brian said they want him to be "the ultimate cool nerd" XD

takutolove
07-30-2011, 05:10 AM
I don't think people should be so worried if Avatar is an Anime or not. It is fairly similar to Anime, and apeals to some people who enjoy Anime. ^_^

Anyway, Im REALLY excited for The Legend Of Korra. I also have been waiting for a sequal. Although, I was hopeing it would be about finding Zuko's mum, since they finnished the series with him asking his father what happened to his mother... O_o
Im also a little sad that we wont be able to see the old characters again. But new ones are always exciting I guess.

I cant wait! XD

MistaCloudStrife
07-30-2011, 05:58 AM
There's Korra's brother, Bolin (:

Mike and Brian said they want him to be "the ultimate cool nerd" XD

Alright. I'll see how great he is when it airs.

As for Avatar being an anime or not. It really depends on what exactly someone is trying to say. It's true that all animation in Japan is called anime. The Japanese love to shorten words like that. And we call our animation over here cartoons. So depending on the mind set someone could call anime cartoons and they could call cartoons anime. The thing is, the term anime recently took on a new definition, which is of course, "Japanese animation". Now is Avatar a Japanese animation? Hell no. BUT if you want to call it anime with the idea of it being an "animation", go right on ahead. I mean, Japanese call Starbucks "Sutaba" in Japan, but if you wanna call it Sutaba in the states, you have every right too. Lol. You'll be a straight up weaboo, but go ahead.

Tobias
08-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Oopsididdly--I made an error: Bolin & Mako are brothers, not Korra & Bolin
-is shot-

Yes, I agree with you on that point, my previous post was only technically speaking. I still refer to Avatar as an anime because it's so similar to "the real thing." (:

Kaitou Ace
12-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Avatar is cool, but it's not an anime ^_^ so now it has a place.

I am really looking forward to Legend of Korra, it looks quite good, and it will be interesting to see the world of avatar nearly a century past.

Ωmega
12-07-2011, 05:32 PM
They *finally* released a trailer for Korra? Any word on an airing date??

And from what I was told [by a professor who knows a member of the staff on the show], its animated in California, some of it sent to China to help speed up the production time [from what he said, it was mostly just background art and a few effects].

Gjallarhorn
12-07-2011, 05:35 PM
They *finally* released a trailer for Korra? Any word on an airing date??

And from what I was told [by a professor who knows a member of the staff on the show], its animated in California, some of it sent to China to help speed up the production time [from what he said, it was mostly just background art and a few effects].

No air date yet, but they've confirmed it will be airing next summer.

SuXrys
12-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Oh, I can't wait until it's released! I loved, and still does, the old avatar show! BUT! Something that came to my mind some days ago while thinking about this new show was that now I probably will never find out what happened to Zukos mom. And even if I really look forward to this new show, that fact still annoys me. Hahah!

Zainox
12-29-2011, 04:40 AM
The Legend of Korra is a spin off series from the series Avatar the Last Airbender, said to be out sometime next year.

From what I can remember it is set 100 years after the last series, with the new avatar Korra. Korra has already mastered Water(her main element), fire and earth. She now travels to learn air bending which she will learn from Ang's grandson. It will be 2 seasons spanning I think it was 28 episodes?The animation looks beautiful,and the new story and setup sounds solid. I have links to more information below if you are interested. I for one am definitely looking forward to this!

Trailer - http://youtu.be/jmsT63BgFPw
Wn.iki - http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/The_Last_Airbender:_Legend_of_Korra

SakuraKiss13
01-02-2012, 06:31 AM
I am a big fan of the Avatar Series~! and I am so looking forward for this upcoming show.

One of the things I miss about Avatar -- Zuko's 'emo' moments and Sokka's jokes.

Xian Jaguar
01-03-2012, 08:52 AM
i dunno what to think

Multigrain
01-12-2012, 01:08 AM
That trailer is freaking awesome. I had my doubts, but I think this is going to go over really well.

BTW: what's with you guys thinking it was animated in Korea? It was american animated in the style of anime, as has been previously pointed out by another poster.

Venexus
01-12-2012, 03:41 PM
What if you call it "American-ized anime?" The art style is very similar to anime, people have to admit. Which is actually probably one reason why it attracts so many anime nerds like us. XD

Not too excited about this new series, cause I was disappointed with the end of the first series - mostly about the pairings they decided for the characters. And they ruined Zuko's design for me. I loved his hardcore ponytail. And don't give me crap about symbolism about it! I DUN CARE I LIK'D HIS PONYTAIL BEST! And Aang was annoying to me, dunno why. But it's not a very good start usually if the main character is annoying. Sokka is the best though. However, I recommend the Abriged Series on Youtube. AMAZING.

But yeah, since I nearly hated the ending of the first one and figure they changed too many things for the worse - I don't have too much faith in this new series. I'm probably just going to wait and see if I hear anything about it being good - then I'll check it out. But if not, I'm going to assume it sucks just like the live action.

Multigrain
01-16-2012, 04:18 AM
Woah, woah. Could you go into detail with the pairings?

I heard somewhere that the idea behind the Last Airbender cartoon series is that it mirrors the real world's timeline. The first one was set somewhere in the early 19th century, and it appears this one is set around the early 20th century or late 19th century.

Even if that's not the case, it's an interesting theory.

SuXrys
01-17-2012, 09:44 AM
i dunno what to think

Explain ~
What do you mean by that?

Xian Jaguar
01-17-2012, 11:10 AM
i'm not sure whether it will be a good series or not since it's a spinoff series

DeathBlade/13.666
02-03-2012, 10:50 AM
That looks really worth while. I'm gonna have to watch it, pronto.

---Post Edit----

Merged the other Legend of Korra thread into this one.
See post #25 (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?104070-Legend-of-Korra&p=2635259&viewfull=1#post2635259) for the other thread's post.

SuXrys
03-24-2012, 04:23 PM
I just watched the first two episodes and the show seems to be really really great!
I think I will really enjoy this one. I really look forward to the other episodes. ~

I still want to know what happened to Zukos mom thought... :P

LivioRazlo
03-24-2012, 05:24 PM
aww damn, didn't even know the second episode was out! thanks suxrys. i love avatar! hated the movie! shyamalamalamalama should be banned from making anymore movies.

Nitzer
03-25-2012, 04:27 PM
i'm not sure whether it will be a good series or not since it's a spinoff series
I'm with you
I want watch it but I'm not sure it going to be good or not ...

SuXrys
03-25-2012, 04:56 PM
aww damn, didn't even know the second episode was out! thanks suxrys. i love avatar! hated the movie! shyamalamalamalama should be banned from making anymore movies.

What movie? If we all forget that horrible horrible "thing" then people will forget it even existed....
-shrugs by just thinking about that "movie"-

I'm with you
I want watch it but I'm not sure it going to be good or not ...
I have only watched the two first episodes that are out, but the impression I got after watching them is that this show will be really good aswell.
Go and watch them if you still havn't.

Nitzer
03-25-2012, 05:05 PM
I have only watched the two first episodes that are out, but the impression I got after watching them is that this show will be really good aswell.
Go and watch them if you still havn't. All seen is one

LivioRazlo
03-26-2012, 03:00 AM
Go and watch them if you still havn't.

Yeah, they are actually making this series really nice and stream line- there won't be massive amounts of filler like in the first 61 episode series. this one will only be 26 episodes long, which, if you take it from an anime standpoint, is more than enough to do something awesome.

and yes there's no avatar movie!

SuXrys
03-26-2012, 05:59 AM
Yeah, they are actually making this series really nice and stream line- there won't be massive amounts of filler like in the first 61 episode series. this one will only be 26 episodes long, which, if you take it from an anime standpoint, is more than enough to do something awesome.
Only 26 episodes? ... But I want mooore.. ;-;

and yes there's no avatar movie!

There is no avatar movie, there is no avatar movie, there is no avatar movie, there is no avatar movie, there is no avatar movie -

*takes a deep breath*

, there is no avatar movie, there is no avatar movie, there is no avatar movie, THERE IS NO AVATAR MOVIE!!! O___O

plumpuff
03-26-2012, 06:27 AM
I am extremely excited for this series, and I already love Korra from what I've heard about her. I KNOW it will be a good series, I really don't doubt the minds of its creators after they made the first one.

I know the first two episodes are officially available online, but I want to wait for the TV premier. ;w;

LivioRazlo
03-26-2012, 08:11 AM
I am extremely excited for this series, and I already love Korra from what I've heard about her. I KNOW it will be a good series, I really don't doubt the minds of its creators after they made the first one.

I know the first two episodes are officially available online, but I want to wait for the TV premier. ;w;

she's a proper headstrong tom boy... which i find kinda hot xD

Hinata Kuchiki
03-26-2012, 01:14 PM
i love the avatar series!

i'm so happy tht they're still going!!!

Zainox
03-29-2012, 04:42 AM
Ive already seen the first 2 episodes and they were amazing! It's so well animated they have definitely stepped up! It's not exactly the same as the old season, it is 100 years in the future plus all new characters. But it definitely looks amazing and very promising. :D

Also, if you watch the behind the scenes on the discs of Avatar the Last Airbender, they confirm that its animated in Korea..

I for one don't like the idea of live action movies based on animations or books for that matter. Unless they were to take the time to near perfectly match the characters with actors, not change anything up in the story and try to fit as much as possible, or even try to make a successful before or after the animation live action film. It would probably fail like Avatar the Last Airbenders live action. I am really picky when it comes to live action adaptions of books or anime, lol.

LivioRazlo
03-29-2012, 09:05 AM
I am really picky when it comes to live action adaptions of books or anime, lol.

Indeed, in most cases, with anime certainly, it fails horribly. The only live action that i am looking forward to is the live action of Battle Angel Alita: James Cameron, the producer of the incredibly presented Avatar movie is doing it. He even went as far as saying that Avater was a mere test movie to see if todays tech was at a standard where they could do Battle Angel Alita justice.

Nyokou
03-31-2012, 08:18 AM
I watched the episodes online as well but it was so laggy for me. ><' This computer is awful! I'm going to re-watch them when they premiere on TV of course. It's gonna be so epic~ I absolutely loved ATLA, so... My brothers love ATLA too and so do my parents haha. I tried getting my boyfriend to like it as well but he had sort of a 'meh' reaction by the end. But he also watched the first two episodes of TLoK with me so who knows... Maybe he secretly likes the Avatar universe.

The Nightingale
04-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Hmm. Like a couple others, I have also seen the first two episodes. I downloaded them off of iTunes and watched them right away. I can say that I am already loving the series. I adore the original series and if anything, this new one looks better in some ways. I'm excited to watch the rest of it for sure.

I will miss the old characters however. They were lovable.

DarkMoonPrince
04-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Oy, a wannabe Avatar, This is not going to end well. I only liked the first Avatar anyways.

SuXrys
04-10-2012, 10:48 AM
I found this picture and just had to post it; ~

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5NwbM7lWLsDn5DTAQkDI3OK-ftcb1dVM6QQIpYlaVMRZsfy9K0hRxkxyF

The picture above is obviously fake, but do anyone know if this other picture is fake or not?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1o3oxE4PQ1r8qqk5o1_500.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Oy, a wannabe Avatar, This is not going to end well. I only liked the first Avatar anyways.

How can you be so sure before you watch some of this new serie?

LivioRazlo
04-10-2012, 12:57 PM
I found this picture and just had to post it; ~

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5NwbM7lWLsDn5DTAQkDI3OK-ftcb1dVM6QQIpYlaVMRZsfy9K0hRxkxyF

The picture above is obviously fake, but do anyone know if this other picture is fake or not?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1o3oxE4PQ1r8qqk5o1_500.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

I'm afraid that second picture is not official. It's by someone called WolfsKnight. If you look at korra herself, the outline is quite thick- that style isn't present in the cartoon.

SuXrys
04-10-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm afraid that second picture is not official. It's by someone called WolfsKnight. If you look at korra herself, the outline is quite thick- that style isn't present in the cartoon.

Hummmm shame... Well hopefully we will get to see Aang anyway sometime during this show... You don't know anything more about that do you?

LivioRazlo
04-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Hummmm shame... Well hopefully we will get to see Aang anyway sometime during this show... You don't know anything more about that do you?

I'm afraid not :( But i think it'd be quite an unsurprising cameo; there was quite a few times that Aang convened with the spirits of the previous avatars. I'd be very surprised if Korra doesn't do so at least once. We know her weakness is the spiritual side but i still predict it'll happen. And the people writing the story are clever people; they should be aware of what the audience wants.

SuXrys
04-10-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm afraid not :( But i think it'd be quite an unsurprising cameo; there was quite a few times that Aang convened with the spirits of the previous avatars. I'd be very surprised if Korra doesn't do so at least once. We know her weakness is the spiritual side but i still predict it'll happen. And the people writing the story are clever people; they should be aware of what the audience wants.

If they are so aware of what the audience wants then I want to know how Aang died in the first place, what happened to Zukos mom, how Aang found that new herd of Bisons, Where is Appa now?, how did Sokka die? and bla bla bla bla... If I havn't get some of the answers at the end of this new serie then I will be so disappointed... and curious... Oh still do blasted curious... :(

Anyway I found Aangs family tree before if someone is interested: http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/17/27/71/69/tumblr10.jpg

DeathBlade/13.666
04-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Can you get/find a family tree with more details/folks on it?

Also, I've sure if they don't have Korra speaking to the Spirit of Aang, They'll have Aang statues or pictures here and there littered through out the show.

SuXrys
04-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Can you get/find a family tree with more details/folks on it?

Also, I've sure if they don't have Korra speaking to the Spirit of Aang, They'll have Aang statues or pictures here and there littered through out the show.

What people / details do you exactly look for?

I found this one of the royal family of the fire country. But that one isn't so detailed either...
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110828192712/avatar/images/e/e5/Fire_Nation_Royal_Family_Tree.png

DeathBlade/13.666
04-10-2012, 02:05 PM
:( Gotta have to get the writers and fans with Ancestory.com for this I see... I was thinking of a possible overall geneology tree for the show or something.

LivioRazlo
04-10-2012, 02:17 PM
If they are so aware of what the audience wants then I want to know how Aang died in the first place, what happened to Zukos mom, how Aang found that new herd of Bisons, Where is Appa now?, how did Sokka die? and bla bla bla bla... If I havn't get some of the answers at the end of this new serie then I will be so disappointed... and curious... Oh still do blasted curious... :(

Anyway I found Aangs family tree before if someone is interested: http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/17/27/71/69/tumblr10.jpg

Oh! nice find! Quite surprising that one of Aang and katara's children was a non bender! So i think ths makes it pretty certain that we will see those other two siblings of Tenzin sometime soon. They are, at least, aware that everyone is dying to know about Zuko's mom- that bit in the first episode where Tenzin's daughter gets cut off when asking the question xD the writers are playing with us. These guys are no M night shyamalamalama, I have faith that this series will be fullfilling in terms of bridging the time gap bewtween the two series.

SuXrys
04-10-2012, 02:28 PM
They are, at least, aware that everyone is dying to know about Zuko's mom- that bit in the first episode where Tenzin's daughter gets cut off when asking the question xD the writers are playing with us.

Uuuuuuurrrghhhh I know!!! When that kid started to ask about Zukos mom I was litteraly sitting on needles because I thought that I would finally find out what happened and then.... tricked. >___>

LivioRazlo
04-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Uuuuuuurrrghhhh I know!!! When that kid started to ask about Zukos mom I was litteraly sitting on needles because I thought that I would finally find out what happened and then.... tricked. >___>

yeah same- it was very cheeky of them

Cantelope
04-14-2012, 08:52 PM
The season premiere is available online at Nick's official website.

Episode 1: http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/legend-of-korra-101-full-episode.html
Episode 2: http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/legend-of-korra-102-a-leaf-in-the-wind-full-episode.html

There is no damn way I'm going to ever be able to wake up at 10 AM to catch these, but thank God we're in the information age and Nick isn't run by god damn grandpas.

Hanamaru Kunikida
04-14-2012, 10:54 PM
The season premiere is available online at Nick's official website.

Episode 1: http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/legend-of-korra-101-full-episode.html
Episode 2: http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/legend-of-korra-102-a-leaf-in-the-wind-full-episode.html

There is no damn way I'm going to ever be able to wake up at 10 AM to catch these, but thank God we're in the information age and Nick isn't run by god damn grandpas.

You are just gonna watch them now? These episodes aired long ago.

Ωmega
04-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Theyre posting all the episodes on the Nick site? Thank god, cause I dont get nicktoons anymore ;___;

NekoMicchanxx
04-14-2012, 11:11 PM
i actually don't consider this to be anime but its pretty darn close XD i love this cartoon

FluffyDango
04-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Looks like animation to me.. So I'd say it's anime..

Either way it actually looks good... I think I'm going to watch it..

By your logic, everything that is animation is anime.
This too http://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/stick-figure.jpg

Cantelope
04-15-2012, 10:41 AM
By your logic, everything that is animation is anime.
This too http://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/stick-figure.jpg
Stick figure isn't animated bro, you done goofed.

wolfgirl90
04-15-2012, 11:02 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLBiWkP63Y0

Well, these are.

Cantelope
04-15-2012, 11:23 AM
and what do you know? It's called stick figure animation. If you wanted to, you could shorten it and call it stick figure anime, oh my god minds blown

FluffyDango
04-15-2012, 04:18 PM

Ok, forgot that it has to be in movement, so that guy under you made a better point than me then :P

Screwby
04-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Would be good if they let countries out of US watch the show Zz
But from watching it from other sources it seems pretty good. Probending is awesome

Ravin
04-17-2012, 01:18 PM
I love this show

Explorer Oak
04-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Is it an anime? Yes. Will i watch it? I have to finish watching the first series.

AshureeChan
04-19-2012, 03:02 PM
The premier was good. I enjoyed Avatar and am excited to finally have a sequel.
I can't wait to see more of it.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Uuuuuuurrrghhhh I know!!! When that kid started to ask about Zukos mom I was litteraly sitting on needles because I thought that I would finally find out what happened and then.... tricked. >___> I hope we get to find out eventually!!!

wolfgirl90
04-19-2012, 04:22 PM
and what do you know? It's called stick figure animation. If you wanted to, you could shorten it and call it stick figure anime, oh my god minds blown

I wasn't agreeing with him; just pointing out that there are animated stick figures.

Actually, I don't have a broad definition of anime. I merely define it as "animated show from Japan"; if it isn't from Japan, I don't call it an anime.

I don't use the Japanese definition because I'm not Japanese (I doubt anyone here actually calls the Simpsons an anime) and taking animation style into account brings in every other "Japanese-looking" show under the sun (e.g Totally Spies!, Megas XLR, Code Lyoko, Teen Titans, W.I.T.C.H) and calls into question what the "anime style" is (as both Shin Chan and FLCL are anime but they have drastically different styles).

Is it an anime? Yes.

No, it isn't.:rolleyes:

Cantelope
04-19-2012, 05:25 PM

Why is there even a debate about this? There is no right definition, there are only different contexts.

The point is that Legend of Korra seems pretty damn good, and no one who matters really gives two shits whether or not you think it should be labeled 'anime', 'cartoon', or 'hollabaloo'.

DeathBlade/13.666
04-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Is it an anime?
Why is there even a debate about this?
-'-SMH.-'-
"A cartoon is a form of two-dimensional illustrated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illustration) visual art (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_arts). While the specific definition has changed over time, modern usage refers to a typically non-realistic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realism_(arts)) or semi-realistic drawing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drawing) or painting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Painting) intended for satire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire), caricature (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caricature), or humor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humor), or to the artistic style of such works. An artist who creates cartoons is called a cartoonist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartoonist).[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartoon#cite_note-0)The term originated in the Middle Ages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Ages) and first described a preparatory drawing for a piece of art, such as a painting, fresco (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresco), tapestry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapestry), or stained glass (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stained_glass) window. In the 19th century, it came to refer to humorous illustrations in magazines and newspapers, and in the early 20th century and onward it referred to comic strips (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_strip) and animated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animated_cartoon) films."

"Anime (アニメ? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Installing_Japanese_character_sets), [anime] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_Japanese) (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/21/Speaker_Icon.svg/13px-Speaker_Icon.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Anime.ogg) listen (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Anime.ogg)); http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3c/Speakerlink.svg/11px-Speakerlink.svg.png (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/90/En-us-anime.ogg)i (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:En-us-anime.ogg)/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English)ˈ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)ć (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)n (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)ɨ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)m (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)eɪ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English) or / (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English)ˈ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)ɑː (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)n (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)ɨ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)m (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)eɪ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English)) is the Japanese abbreviated pronunciation of "animation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animation)." In English-speaking countries, anime refers to a style of animation originating in Japan, characterized by colorful graphics and often featuring themes intended for an adult audience.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime#cite_note-0) The intended meaning of the word 'anime' sometimes varies, depending on the context."

"Animation is the rapid display of a sequence of images of 2-D or 3-D artwork or model positions to create an illusion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusion) of movement. The effect is an optical illusion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_illusion) of motion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_(physics)) due to the phenomenon of persistence of vision (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_of_vision), and can be created and demonstrated in several ways. The most common method of presenting animation is as a motion picture or video program, although there are other methods."

Source: www.wikipedia.org (http://www.wikipedia.org)

Pretty much, Cante's right. Why the debate? If it's animation, and it's not from Japan. It's accepted here. END OF STORY. There's no need to define what an "anime" is or a "cartoon" is. This is a place for folks to talk about their cherished Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, MTV (for any folks that can remember Aeon Flux and Liquid TV, or even just Beavis and Butthead), TechTV/G4TechTV/G4, or even SciFi (because I grow up watching Transformers re-runs on it, and it's Saturday Anime Night). Hell Folks can even talk about non-American anime like Kaena: The Prophecy (It's French). It's not about you complaining and griping about what's anime and what's not, like gear heads arguing about what's a true muscle car. It's just a place where folks and enjoy the best (and worse, or other) of anime made outside of Japan. (Hence the Non-Japanese/JP in the title.) In case y'all missed Kaitou Ace's welcome to this section, "So yes ^_^ trying this forum out. If you have a show you enjoy that'd fit here, bring it up here, where cartoon is not a dirty word o_o;"

------
P.S. If you wanna argue about anime, cartoons, and animation; take it to Misc, Serious Talk, or even General. I don't care, just as long as it's not here.

Explorer Oak
04-19-2012, 10:55 PM
-'-SMH.-'-
"A cartoon is a form of two-dimensional illustrated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illustration) visual art (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_arts). While the specific definition has changed over time, modern usage refers to a typically non-realistic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realism_(arts)) or semi-realistic drawing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drawing) or painting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Painting) intended for satire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire), caricature (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caricature), or humor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humor), or to the artistic style of such works. An artist who creates cartoons is called a cartoonist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartoonist).[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartoon#cite_note-0)The term originated in the Middle Ages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Ages) and first described a preparatory drawing for a piece of art, such as a painting, fresco (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresco), tapestry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapestry), or stained glass (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stained_glass) window. In the 19th century, it came to refer to humorous illustrations in magazines and newspapers, and in the early 20th century and onward it referred to comic strips (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_strip) and animated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animated_cartoon) films."

"Anime (アニメ? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Installing_Japanese_character_sets), [anime] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_Japanese) (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/21/Speaker_Icon.svg/13px-Speaker_Icon.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Anime.ogg) listen (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Anime.ogg)); http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3c/Speakerlink.svg/11px-Speakerlink.svg.png (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/90/En-us-anime.ogg)i (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:En-us-anime.ogg)/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English)ˈ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)ć (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)n (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)ɨ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)m (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)eɪ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English) or / (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English)ˈ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)ɑː (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)n (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)ɨ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)m (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)eɪ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English)) is the Japanese abbreviated pronunciation of "animation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animation)." In English-speaking countries, anime refers to a style of animation originating in Japan, characterized by colorful graphics and often featuring themes intended for an adult audience.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime#cite_note-0) The intended meaning of the word 'anime' sometimes varies, depending on the context."

"Animation is the rapid display of a sequence of images of 2-D or 3-D artwork or model positions to create an illusion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusion) of movement. The effect is an optical illusion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_illusion) of motion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_(physics)) due to the phenomenon of persistence of vision (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_of_vision), and can be created and demonstrated in several ways. The most common method of presenting animation is as a motion picture or video program, although there are other methods."

Source: www.wikipedia.org (http://www.wikipedia.org)

Pretty much, Cante's right. Why the debate? If it's animation, and it's not from Japan. It's accepted here. END OF STORY. There's no need to define what an "anime" is or a "cartoon" is. This is a place for folks to talk about their cherished Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, MTV (for any folks that can remember Aeon Flux and Liquid TV, or even just Beavis and Butthead), TechTV/G4TechTV/G4, or even SciFi (because I grow up watching Transformers re-runs on it, and it's Saturday Anime Night). Hell Folks can even talk about non-American anime like Kaena: The Prophecy (It's French). It's not about you complaining and griping about what's anime and what's not, like gear heads arguing about what's a true muscle car. It's just a place where folks and enjoy the best (and worse, or other) of anime made outside of Japan. (Hence the Non-Japanese/JP in the title.) In case y'all missed Kaitou Ace's welcome to this section, "So yes ^_^ trying this forum out. If you have a show you enjoy that'd fit here, bring it up here, where cartoon is not a dirty word o_o;"

------
P.S. If you wanna argue about anime, cartoons, and animation; take it to Misc, Serious Talk, or even General. I don't care, just as long as it's not here.

Agreed. Now everybody shut the hell up.

wolfgirl90
04-20-2012, 12:18 AM
The point is that Legend of Korra seems pretty damn good, and no one who matters really gives two shits whether or not you think it should be labeled 'anime', 'cartoon', or 'hollabaloo'.

I like the show,too. Jeez, cursing about a cartoon.

Because that is significantly more mature. Yeah, you certainly showed me. Bravo, good sir. I bow down to your unwavering commitment to a cartoon.:awe:

Dude, get a grip on yourself before you sprain something.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cantelope
04-20-2012, 08:25 AM
I like the show,too. Jeez, cursing about a cartoon.

Because that is significantly more mature. Yeah, you certainly showed me. Bravo, good sir. I bow down to your unwavering commitment to a cartoon.:awe:

Dude, get a grip on yourself before you sprain something.:rolleyes::rolleyes:For someone my age, you severely lack reading comprehension; smh.

Chi The Sweet
04-20-2012, 01:33 PM
well ithink its anime and its a good show so far i cant wait till saturday new episode on nick!!!

wolfgirl90
04-21-2012, 12:22 AM
For someone my age, you severely lack reading comprehension; smh.

And you lack attention to grammar. So I guess we are at an impasse....

I understood what you said; I just didn't care (and why should I?). If you are going to curse in a post about a cartoon, you are taking things just a wee bit seriously.

KillerDragonX
04-21-2012, 01:44 AM
So far the show looks amazing, im excited to see how this era of Avatar will play out especially since its more modern, I also wanna see what other types of bending there are. The only ones I know of, other then the 4 basic elements, are metal and lightning...I also here there is lava bending as well but ive never seen it, but anyway...is it me or does the bending games they play remind you of blitzball from FFX

Cantelope
04-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Pretty much, Cante's right.
I don't know why you're still trying to save face wolfgirl90; frankly, you're going to just have to get used to seeing quotes like the above whenever I'm around.

Also, episode 3 link for North American viewers who don't feel like waking up early.
http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/legend-of-korra-103-the-revelation-full-episode.html

Hanamaru Kunikida
04-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Third episode as great, watched it this morning.

Hakoshi
04-21-2012, 05:10 PM
I just happen to be awake, when the episode was on TV..

nice episode xDD
might keep watching it if I can lol

Ωmega
04-21-2012, 05:28 PM
I was very happy with todays episode, but it does raise questions as to how Amon can remove someones bending, something [as far as we know] only Aang has been able to do, and even then it was dangerous.

KillerDragonX
04-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Wow, just saw the 3rd episode and im highly intrigued...I agree with Maru on this, I am anxiously wondering how Amon is taking away bending...

Cantelope
04-21-2012, 09:12 PM
I can't remember what he had to do to remove a person's bending; something about the giant spirit turtle if I recall correctly.

Ωmega
04-21-2012, 09:18 PM
I can't remember what he had to do to remove a person's bending; something about the giant spirit turtle if I recall correctly.

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Energybending

Cantelope
04-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Plot devices have mercy. The only people who have even seen Energybending is Aang, that turtle, and Firelord Ozai.

Perhaps there is a very distant tie to him? Next saturday I suppose.

Ωmega
04-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Plot devices have mercy. The only people who have even seen Energybending is Aang, that turtle, and Firelord Ozai.

Perhaps there is a very distant tie to him? Next saturday I suppose.
Well, at the same time energy bending has very drastic displays of energy when done. Im thinking that perhaps Ty Lee [from TLA] learned a permanent form of Chi-Blocking, which Amon later learns. He might just be the grandson of Ty Lee or something

Chi The Sweet
04-25-2012, 12:19 PM
its been a really good show so far and a person on here keeps bugging me about threads and post them i post when i please but any way i see a relationship and a closeness in the show if you were paying close attention it is really good though cant wait till saturday!!

Cambodian
05-05-2012, 10:32 PM
I used to looooove Avatar last airbender!
Im really looking forward to this!

One thing though. This is NOT an anime in anyway.
Sure it LOOKS like one. But It is just a cartoon. Because Anime, are shows made in Japan.

This is not made in Japan.

Clayton_n
06-05-2012, 04:41 PM
How awkward is it for her teacher that Korra used to sleep with his mom?

maan_11j
06-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Need to watch this xD

Chi The Sweet
06-07-2012, 09:40 AM
how has the last wo weeks been like cuz i totally missed them i need info please!!!!!
im gonna watch this weekend maybe?! i got a grad party to go to!! 2 actually but anyway can anyone catch me up plz!!

Clayton_n
06-14-2012, 04:07 PM
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/122/4/f/lok__korra__s_rant_by_miss_goodness-d3fgaj9.png

SpeaR
06-24-2012, 12:43 AM
Well the first season ended and it was pretty awesome
Can't wait for the 2nd season which will be 14 episodes :)

Ωmega
06-24-2012, 12:47 AM
Well the first season ended and it was pretty awesome
Can't wait for the 2nd season which will be 14 episodes :)

A season two has been confirmed??

SpeaR
06-24-2012, 01:02 AM
A season two has been confirmed??
Yes even before it aired I remember that a second season was confirmed
It would be a total of 26 episodes. Season 1 with 12 and Season 2 with 14.
I don't remember where I read this all but a simple google search should bring you to the answers.

I really wonder what season 2 will be about

Clayton_n
06-26-2012, 04:06 PM
"Aired" Ha!

I'm not sure how far they cn take this since she knows the other 3 elements already...

DeathBlade/13.666
06-26-2012, 11:37 PM
"Aired" Ha!

I'm not sure how far they cn take this since she knows the other 3 elements already...
Easy 3-4 books. Shouldn't be to hard for Nickelodeon to stretch that.

nightAme
06-30-2012, 11:38 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed season 1 of The Legend of Korra. Besides the spectacular animation, I am impressed that the main characters, of the new Team Avatar (Korra, Mako, and Bolin) are well developed and provide traits that are well suited for each character while still being reminiscent of the main characters of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I was wondering if they could pull off the goofiness of Sokka, and I think they did. Btw, Tenzin and Lin are awesome!

Albear
07-03-2012, 03:13 PM
The general of the united forces sounds exactly like Zuko.
Guess the VA came back for round 2.

Clayton_n
07-17-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm pretty sure they used the same voice actor as Zuko. It took me a while to recognize him as Rufio from Hook

http://chzbronies.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-join-the-anti-friendship-revolution.jpg

LaxusDreyar
07-22-2012, 10:41 PM
I liked the theme of Legend of Korra, and its animations are good no doubt.

However, in my opinion, they really rushed the first season. Even worse when they rushed the last book with Zuko.

There was no REAL development between Mako and Asami.
There was no further explanation of Mako & Bolin's deceased parents.
Mako seems to be used as a romance character and he was that character who continually and undecidedly moves back and forth between Asami and Korra.

The last 3 eps felt REALLY rushed.
Chief Bei Fong loses her power for about 1ep. Get's it back in season finale. Mako for some reason finally decides he loves Korra. Etc, etc.

Don't get me wrong here. I'm still a fan of Avatar and Legend of Korra. I just think they seriously rushed it. :(

anime_lover0926
08-04-2012, 12:46 PM
I love KORRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! lol thought I would let you all know!
-Deleted by DeathBlade/13.666-

-;-Note-;-
Keep it to the topic, and don't try to ween your spam around the rules. I already saw you spamming in another thread. Not in my neck of the woods, mister.

Clayton_n
08-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Who should Korra date?

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/201/2/9/korrasami___confession__part_3___slvv__by_sandralv v-d56ifos.png

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/122/4/f/lok__korra__s_rant_by_miss_goodness-d3fgaj9.png

SuXrys
08-18-2012, 07:38 AM
http://ladygeekgirl.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/600166_10151047743133698_1484710059_n.jpg?w=340&h=666

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

I liked the theme of Legend of Korra, and its animations are good no doubt.

However, in my opinion, they really rushed the first season. Even worse when they rushed the last book with Zuko.

There was no REAL development between Mako and Asami.
There was no further explanation of Mako & Bolin's deceased parents.
Mako seems to be used as a romance character and he was that character who continually and undecidedly moves back and forth between Asami and Korra.

The last 3 eps felt REALLY rushed.
Chief Bei Fong loses her power for about 1ep. Get's it back in season finale. Mako for some reason finally decides he loves Korra. Etc, etc.

Don't get me wrong here. I'm still a fan of Avatar and Legend of Korra. I just think they seriously rushed it. :(

Don't you think it would have felt even more rushed if they actually would have included all those things that you now missed about the first season? :3

MitsukiPandax3
08-25-2012, 08:34 AM
I loved the last episode of this animation. Too bad that it's true that the last episode did feel quite rushed.
To be honest, I thought that instead of Aang appearing and giving Korra her bending powers back, I thought they'd use the concept from the Last Airbender episode; when Zuko suddenly couldn't firebend. Zuko had to learn to draw his power from something else other than rage, hate, and anger.
I wasn't very happy with Mako though. I still think he's a douchebag.
But overall, this was a good show :)

SuXrys
08-25-2012, 12:23 PM
I loved the last episode of this animation. Too bad that it's true that the last episode did feel quite rushed.
To be honest, I thought that instead of Aang appearing and giving Korra her bending powers back, I thought they'd use the concept from the Last Airbender episode; when Zuko suddenly couldn't firebend. Zuko had to learn to draw his power from something else other than rage, hate, and anger.
I wasn't very happy with Mako though. I still think he's a douchebag.
But overall, this was a good show :)

WAS a good show? ... There are more episodes on the way you know. :P

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/legend-of-korra-second-season/ <--- click click.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

About your spoiler however, I thought the same... Went a little fast there.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Also the story of how Republic City was built is currently told in the manga, I posted a link in the other avatar thread.

That post is here. http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?107298-Avatar-The-Last-Airbender-Original&p=2707680&viewfull=1#post2707680

Clayton_n
08-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Which episode was this in?

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k138/Clayton_n/tumblr_m8q5f5Tfas1r2gvjt.jpg

SuXrys
08-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Which episode was this in?

No episode at all, it's fanmade.

The ones who kissed where
Korra and Mako
The ones who stood there sad with the flowers where.
Bolin

Clayton_n
08-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Are yous ure it isn't from season 2?

SuXrys
08-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Are yous ure it isn't from season 2?

Season two of Korra hasn't been out yet.
And those pictures are still fanmade.

MitsukiPandax3
08-25-2012, 07:09 PM
WAS a good show? ... There are more episodes on the way you know. :P

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/legend-of-korra-second-season/ <--- click click.[COLOR="Silver"]

ahahah, alright alright finee. It IS a good show. And I'm looking forward to Book 2!! x) *prays that Bolin finds a nice girl for himself*

SuXrys
08-25-2012, 08:45 PM
ahahah, alright alright finee. It IS a good show. And I'm looking forward to Book 2!! x) *prays that Bolin finds a nice girl for himself*

Yeah! He deserves one. ^^ However if I have understood it correctly one of the new characters that will be introduced in the new season (one of the twins (http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Unalaq's_children)) will kind of like Bolin. That is atleast from what I have understood, but I could be wrong. Atleast they will be there, if one of them will actually like Bolin is something that we have to see in the future.

And while we are talking about love, I am sure that atleast a lot of fans will ship Iroh and Asami, lol.

Oh! Here is a "trailer" for book 2;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDaqbIBC_ts

Also,

Old avatar group (adult version): http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m76jz5VRer1rabjrqo1_1280.jpg

New group: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m79vjynocr1r9w93c.jpg

Judging from the picture above it seems that we will atleast see some of Zuko in the upcoming book (perhaps flashbacks?) but mhweeh... I can only imagine how even more confused I will feel when two characters (Iroh and Zuko) shares the same voice actor in the same show! I am already enough confused as it is! Seriously, the first minutes after I saw/heard General Iroh I was convinced that it actually was Zuko, you should have heard my happy "fangirl scream"! ... I can't possible be the only one that was tricked, right? ... Right? o__o If there ever, EVER, will be a scene in one of the upcoming books (since I am convinced that there will be more then 2 books) where both Iroh and his grandfather will be shown at the same time.... my brain will not be able to comprehend which of them will be talking! xD But still... oh I do want to see Zuko again... *sigh*

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

Also while I am in this thread; if she could then I am sure that Toph sang this song when we noticed her choice of career:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qz5yhNAZps
Going from hating rules to becoming the cheif of police, that's quite a change! Hahah! http://www.horrorpunk.de/images/smilies/troll_face.png
I wonder how that happened?

MitsukiPandax3
08-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Yeah! He deserves one. ^^ However if I have understood it correctly one of the new characters that will be introduced in the new season (one of the twins (http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Unalaq's_children)) will kind of like Bolin. That is atleast from what I have understood, but I could be wrong. Atleast they will be there, if one of them will actually like Bolin is something that we have to see in the future.

And while we are talking about love, I am sure that atleast a lot of fans will ship Iroh and Asami, lol.

Oh! Here is a "trailer" for book 2;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDaqbIBC_ts

Also,

Old avatar group (adult version): http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m76jz5VRer1rabjrqo1_1280.jpg

New group: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m79vjynocr1r9w93c.jpg

Judging from the picture above it seems that we will atleast see some of Zuko in the upcoming book (perhaps flashbacks?) but mhweeh... I can only imagine how even more confused I will feel when two characters (Iroh and Zuko) shares the same voice actor in the same show! I am already enough confused as it is! Seriously, the first minutes after I saw/heard General Iroh I was convinced that it actually was Zuko, you should have heard my happy "fangirl scream"! ... I can't possible be the only one that was tricked, right? ... Right? o__o If there ever, EVER, will be a scene in one of the upcoming books (since I am convinced that there will be more then 2 books) where both Iroh and his grandfather will be shown at the same time.... my brain will not be able to comprehend which of them will be talking! xD But still... oh I do want to see Zuko again... *sigh*

HAHAHA I know right! I also thought that Iroh was Zuko! sadly, he wasn't. D8 and I think I'd get confused too if they mentioned both Iroh and his grandfather at the same time @_@ unless they emphasized the difference like "IROH I" & "IROH II" or "OLD IROH" & "YOUNG IROH".

Sigh, I also cant wait to watch more flashbacks of the old avatar group ;u; I miss Sokka & Toph & Zuko so much~~

oh, and thanks for the heads up on Bolin's possible new admirer and the trailer! xD

Clayton_n
08-28-2012, 11:47 AM
I don't suppose the show would actually do that huh? I remember nick's Icarly I start a fanwar and Sam-Carly fans were missing fromt he crowd

MegaAnimeFan
08-30-2012, 04:08 AM
It's epic. I downloaded all the season-1 eps and it was SO AWESOME! I'll have to buy it when it finally gets to DVD.

celiaorirene
08-30-2012, 04:37 AM
haven't watched this before and as so many here like it, I'll try it soon.

Ayu 「あゆ」
08-30-2012, 04:52 AM
Is this anime good? I watched the first four episodes and the plot and villian makes me feel this I'm watching Ninja Turtles. I don't really like the idea of the story being confined to a single city like what I have seen to be honest. And the worst this villain seems aimed to do is get rid of bending which I don't feel is that big of a deal. Am I right for being skeptical or does it start getting a lot better?

Clayton_n
08-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Season two of Korra hasn't been out yet.
And those pictures are still fanmade.

"Out" *Snicker*

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e44/WCReaf/Avatar/1338969859979.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e44/WCReaf/Avatar/1338969799311.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e44/WCReaf/Avatar/1338973191262.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e44/WCReaf/Avatar/1338973236364.jpg

Momoka:3
09-09-2012, 12:05 PM
so does anyone know when the next season of legend of korra will be aired? i can't wait any longer lol, except for the romance story i don't like that it bores me :/

KyouFalls
09-09-2012, 02:33 PM
so does anyone know when the next season of legend of korra will be aired? i can't wait any longer lol, except for the romance story i don't like that it bores me :/
Season 2, Book 2 rather airs the year of 2013.

Clayton_n
09-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Oh that's not fair. The world ends in December.

Ayu 「あゆ」
09-11-2012, 03:57 PM
I finished watching this a while back and I'm really curious about where the story will go now. I'm glad that masked man was just a sidenote villian.

Clayton_n
09-13-2012, 04:33 PM
What do you suppose the chances are Korra will really turn out to be gay?

Keep in mind she used to be married to katara

BerzerkCommando
09-18-2012, 07:28 AM
I watched it during that world premier. I didn't care for it, I like the original one better.

luz~
09-18-2012, 08:24 AM
It had a good run, but I feel like the storyline wasn't as good as it could have been. The first avatar series story wise was awesome, but since i rep the martial arts for air bending (known as bagua zhang) i'd say the Legend Of Korra repped martial arts way better than its predecessor.

Hopes0
10-09-2012, 02:34 PM
http://youtu.be/tNW3ItQOd7c <----link (http://youtu.be/tNW3ItQOd7c)

SuXrys
11-13-2012, 09:35 AM
It had a good run, but I feel like the storyline wasn't as good as it could have been. The first avatar series story wise was awesome, but since i rep the martial arts for air bending (known as bagua zhang) i'd say the Legend Of Korra repped martial arts way better than its predecessor.

Had? ...

It's not over yet you know. :3

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

What do you suppose the chances are Korra will really turn out to be gay?

Keep in mind she used to be married to katara

Zero and none.

If she would turn out gay I would feel Rick Roll'd.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQT7HsUaggXYklq7UaynHc-M0Vvy67_WBasawfN-ow9PfvSG18VXw

KyouFalls
11-13-2012, 01:10 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQT7HsUaggXYklq7UaynHc-M0Vvy67_WBasawfN-ow9PfvSG18VXw
I would like to believe there's some truth to that.

Clayton_n
11-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Had? ...

It's not over yet you know. :3

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Zero and none.

If she would turn out gay I would feel Rick Roll'd.[COLOR="Silver"]

]

Why?

SuXrys
11-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Why?

Because she has so far only have had her eyes on Mako?

So she can't be lesbian, if any she would be a bisexual, but I doubt that. Just because she has been married in the past with a female doesn't mean that she is bisexual or even have to like females "that way" now. New life is new. She was Aang, now she is Korra. But who knows... But as I said, since she hasn't been giving any hints at all that she even thinks of females "that way" I would indeed be Rick Roll'd if she suddenly would run into, lets say Asami for the fanbase fun of it (hehe~), arms while screamingthat she loves her.

So why do you think she would be bisexual? :3

Clayton_n
11-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Well A: She is the reincarnation of a guy.

B: Because everyone thinks every cartoon character is bisexual.

C: Because it would make more sense with her personality.

D: It's be really sexy.

I am so not the only one thinking about this

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/201/2/9/korrasami___confession__part_3___slvv__by_sandralv v-d56ifos.png

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/127/0/7/korra__the_new_avatar_in_town_by_azutara-d3ft3w5.jpg

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/186/e/e/two_worlds_by_niban_destikim-d564mub.jpg

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/190/0/b/call_me__maybe_by_niban_destikim-d56nwqj.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/058/a/7/korra_and_asami_by_nana_51-d4r82ih.jpg

SuXrys
11-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Clayton_n

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4tlskJUt61rr3n4ro1_400.jpg

Your thinking is too much fanbased. O__o

Clayton_n
11-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Look, just because Nick won't ALLOW this sort of thing doesn't mean it's not the right call. In iCarly when they went to the convention and started a fan war any Carly-Sam fans were suspiciously absent.

And in kora Toph's "Boyrfriend" doesn't seem around... I thought she liked the bounty hunter girl with the mole creature.

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/858/hamn4.jpg

Ranshiin
11-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Well A: She is the reincarnation of a guy.

B: Because everyone thinks every cartoon character is bisexual.

C: Because it would make more sense with her personality.

D: It's be really sexy.

I am so not the only one thinking about this

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/127/0/7/korra__the_new_avatar_in_town_by_azutara-d3ft3w5.jpg

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/186/e/e/two_worlds_by_niban_destikim-d564mub.jpg

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/190/0/b/call_me__maybe_by_niban_destikim-d56nwqj.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/058/a/7/korra_and_asami_by_nana_51-d4r82ih.jpg
tl;dr

moogoesthecow5
11-13-2012, 07:31 PM
I actually really enjoyed the original series. I have seen some parts of the Legend of Korra, and I gotta say, that I don't like it as much as the other one.

Clayton_n
11-14-2012, 05:21 PM
That's how sequels always work. it's best to pretend they'r different shows

ACFandomania
11-14-2012, 10:50 PM
I wonder what thw back story is gloing to be with prince zuko's mom because just when they were about to reveal that BOOM litle girl interrupts granny Kitara...

Goblet
11-14-2012, 11:04 PM
I like how it is a more modern, angsty twist on the original series. Korra seems to be in a whole other universe, even though it is just many years ahead of the original series. Even though I really like that about it, I miss the juvenile, light-heartedness of the original series.
Nonetheless, I think that Korra is still REALLY good, but nothing will beat the original.

MegaAnimeFan
11-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Who's Korra's voice actress? Does she do cosplay as Korra? Does she have a boyfriend?

DeathBlade/13.666
11-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Who's Korra's voice actress? Does she do cosplay as Korra? Does she have a boyfriend?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Varney

MegaAnimeFan
11-15-2012, 04:57 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Varney

Wait what? She's 36?! The crap is this? She should be more like 18 to 20 for being the voice of a teenage heroine. Be closer to the age of the character in question. How does a 36yo have such a young sounding voice? Also she's not as attractive as Korra is. I thought some hot young chick like Miley Cyrus or Selena Gomez was probably Korra's voice actress, but instead they got this unattractive, almost "middle aged" woman as the voice actress for Korra. Just WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!

Ωmega
11-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Wait what? She's 36?! The crap is this? She should be more like 18 to 20 for being the voice of a teenage heroine. Be closer to the age of the character in question. How does a 36yo have such a young sounding voice? Also she's not as attractive as Korra is. I thought some hot young chick like Miley Cyrus or Selena Gomez was probably Korra's voice actress, but instead they got this unattractive, almost "middle aged" woman as the voice actress for Korra. Just WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!

No one cares what the VA looks like so long as they do their job properly...duh

DeathBlade/13.666
11-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Wait what? She's 36?! The crap is this? She should be more like 18 to 20 for being the voice of a teenage heroine. Be closer to the age of the character in question. How does a 36yo have such a young sounding voice? Also she's not as attractive as Korra is. I thought some hot young chick like Miley Cyrus or Selena Gomez was probably Korra's voice actress, but instead they got this unattractive, almost "middle aged" woman as the voice actress for Korra. Just WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!Hate to tell you this bub, but most Voice Actors are middle-aged. Some like Steve Blum (who does the voice for Amon) and J.K. Simmons (Tenzin) are even older. The only one that fits your idea of a Voice Actor for Korra is Seychelle Gabriel, who voices Asami.

PhantomPhD
11-16-2012, 09:48 AM

You douche shes beautiful. >:o western women look nice.

abcdefgh12345678
11-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Awesome show! It's like American made anime or something. But based on Chinese fighting style, like the original Avatar was. Very interesting combination.

SuXrys
02-12-2013, 09:28 AM
I used to have ovaries until the fire nation attacked.

General Iroh... *drool*

Knightsong
08-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Just got done watching the season one blur-ray of this show and was blown away. I really enjoyed the story and characters and felt it was an excellent addition to the Avatar universe. I look forward to more from this franchise. I wasn't sure what they would do with the show after the original series ended, and had my doubts about a new series. As long as they keep up the great story telling and animation, they can continue as long as they want. Looking forward to season two.

Animedude5555
08-07-2013, 11:27 PM
When's season 2 coming to TV?

DeathBlade/13.666
08-08-2013, 07:53 AM
When's season 2 coming to TV? Next month. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_Korra#Series_overview

qjackson
08-08-2013, 11:35 AM
I can't wait for season 2. I already have season 1 on Blu-Ray! I love this series. The animation and the fight scenes were amazing. I liked the characters, but I didn't really like that (Spoliers) Love Triangle going on.

Movie Dave
09-08-2013, 07:48 PM
5 more days!

Clayton_n
09-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Click here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Korra_(Book_2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Korra_%28Book_2))

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/68/Korra_Book_2.png

SuXrys
09-12-2013, 03:36 PM
5 more days!

Tomorrow! :D

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Can't wait to see Wan, and to see who Lins father is. :)))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6rtr7aFmE0

The lady at 1.23, is it just me or is her hairstyle very similar to Azulas??

Ωmega
09-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Tomorrow! :D

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Can't wait to see Wan, and to see who Lins father is. :)))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6rtr7aFmE0

The lady at 1.23, is it just me or is her hairstyle very similar to Azulas??
Im just as excited. I highly doubt it'll be Azula, her rear is staying in the crazy house. I think her hair looks more like Mai, who [Im pretty sure] marries Zuko and could very well still be alive

SuXrys
09-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Im just as excited. I highly doubt it'll be Azula, her rear is staying in the crazy house. I think her hair looks more like Mai, who [Im pretty sure] marries Zuko and could very well still be alive

In the manga (that follows the events after the anime http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender_%E2%80%93_The_Promise and the newest http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/The_Search) she currently isn't in the crazy house anymore but travels along with the others

KyouFalls
09-13-2013, 02:52 AM
Premiers today :D :D:D:DD:D:D:a[sdkakfnksdj.. I'm really excited.

Movie Dave
09-13-2013, 09:50 PM
For those who can't watch it. the entire thing is here. http://www.justin.tv/korrantine/b/460945924

it starts after 1:11:50 enjoy :)

KyouFalls
09-13-2013, 09:52 PM
For those who can't watch it. the entire thing is here. http://www.justin.tv/korrantine/b/460945924

Thanks! Unfortunately I fell asleep and woke up right after it was done. :(

Movie Dave
09-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Thanks! Unfortunately I fell asleep and woke up right after it was done. :(

You welcome and it's really freaking good. Sorry about commercials. Anyways enjoy :D

SuXrys
09-14-2013, 06:11 AM

Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg Thank you!!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/cde0728abf1c5db67a6c60088fa32591/tumblr_mh06j6l5KW1s3kq11o1_400.gif

Oh boooooy~ video, here I come!

Movie Dave
09-15-2013, 11:06 PM
The first two episodes are now on Nick.com

what did you guys think?! :D I MUST SPEAK TO SOMEONE ABOUT THIS

SuXrys
09-16-2013, 06:33 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Legend_of_Korra_episodes#Book_Two:_Spi rits_.282013.29 It says here that the next episode is coming on the 20th of September, meaning that there is only a few days left until the next episode is broadcast. Hurray!

what did you guys think?! :D I MUST SPEAK TO SOMEONE ABOUT THIS AND HERE I AM DEAR GOOD SIR!! *screams back at you* The episode was wonderful~ However I... ... ... ... have to admit that I am a little disappointed that Iroh wasn't in the opening episode ..., BUT (!) other then that, yes yes I was pleased. When Korra went to open the portal to the spirit world I thought that she would get into that world herself, so I was little half disappointed that she didn't. She just walked away from there and I thought to myself "Was that all?". Oh well, we have to see what will happen in the upcoming episodes. Little suspicious with all of those ships coming towards them~

Heheh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nJGnxJrzIg

Ωmega
09-16-2013, 07:24 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Legend_of_Korra_episodes#Book_Two:_Spi rits_.282013.29 It says here that the next episode is coming on the 20th of September, meaning that there is only a few days left until the next episode is broadcast. Hurray!

AND HERE I AM DEAR GOOD SIR!! *screams back at you* The episode was wonderful~ However I... ... ... ... have to admit that I am a little disappointed that Iroh wasn't in the opening episode ..., BUT (!) other then that, yes yes I was pleased. When Korra went to open the portal to the spirit world I thought that she would get into that world herself, so I was little half disappointed that she didn't. She just walked away from there and I thought to myself "Was that all?". Oh well, we have to see what will happen in the upcoming episodes. Little suspicious with all of those ships coming towards them~

Heheh.

From my understanding theres going to be a new episode every Friday. Rejoice~

SuXrys
09-17-2013, 06:41 AM
From my understanding theres going to be a new episode every Friday. Rejoice~

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSVmr6ZDH78kx-K3YeNNhdcSPv93H8dv_bqgBpo707jS2pKaaRmg

KyouFalls
09-17-2013, 11:56 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSVmr6ZDH78kx-K3YeNNhdcSPv93H8dv_bqgBpo707jS2pKaaRmg
After a full year and a few months we are getting new episodes every friday... CELEBRATION! :D

SuXrys
09-17-2013, 05:47 PM
After a full year and a few months

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/258/914/1e2.jpg

A year and a few months? Has it really been that long since the last season ended? Oh geeh, time really does fly by... Now I suddenly feel horrible. x__-

we are getting new episodes every friday... CELEBRATION! :D

And not a day too soon! :D

----------------------------------------
Come on now Spirit episodes! I want to see Iroh-Junior soon again! I want to learn more about Wan! Come on, bring us Wan! ... Because he's our man! xD

Wan the man!

... Nighty nigh. x))))

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Googling on him (Wan) I found these;

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEC1MT5h1QZb3nhjWug9Z6Hz7h4_ufe dmKNqt6_23jXhnUmdjk

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ41OAKt_G6c1GdM_LCDt4O1BYoUnFMs wXvVmpGp-OvxphD-yzUhQ

Lol, it has already started! Aaah fandom~

*Rolls around on the floor, laughing, while being overly-tired*

Movie Dave
09-17-2013, 06:18 PM

AND HERE I AM DEAR GOOD SIR!! *screams back at you* The episode was wonderful~ However I... ... ... ... have to admit that I am a little disappointed that Iroh wasn't in the opening episode ..., BUT (!) other then that, yes yes I was pleased. When Korra went to open the portal to the spirit world I thought that she would get into that world herself, so I was little half disappointed that she didn't. She just walked away from there and I thought to myself "Was that all?". Oh well, we have to see what will happen in the upcoming episodes. Little suspicious with all of those ships coming towards them~

Heheh.

Oh, you haven't seen the episode titles.... They're a big deal It was a huge thing.... The names of the episodes maybe spoiler ish so I'm adding a spoiler tag.

The next two episodes are entitled CIVIL WARS Part1 & part2 guess the north and south water tribes are going to war! :O

And I'm so exited to see Jinora explore her spiritual side more! :D

Ωmega
09-17-2013, 06:40 PM
HE WAS NUMBER WAN

Im also veeeeeeeeeeeery curious about what happened with
with the avatar status while Jinora was looking at avatar Aang's statue and the one that was carving itself

Ωmega
09-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Omg, Eskas face (http://media.tumblr.com/25aeb92a916fcbb6e7de3ca392301b4f/tumblr_inline_mtt5cbCZqI1qbc6a5.gif) at the end of episode 4 was just amazing

BronyBradyBuddyKiller
10-05-2013, 05:37 PM
I watched all the Avatar episodes about 3 times 2 years back. I was excited when I heard this was coming out, but I'm busy with current anime atm. :/

Wiffle
10-19-2013, 01:48 AM
I am very looking forward to the upcoming episode. (⊙o⊙);

Ωmega
10-19-2013, 11:22 AM
Loved the episodes on Wan and how he came to be the avatar

Clayton_n
11-22-2013, 04:23 PM
I'm still waiting for this

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m67vtmjcF31qgrp6do2_1280.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjiRglQsJLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcWKB2uy20o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqUp3p2tRIs

marisauna
12-07-2013, 11:53 PM
I got into it when I turned to the marathon on Black Friday. They were showing Book 2 episodes, more specifically when they started concerning Unalaq, so I'm not really not sure what happened before.

iUnamai
01-10-2014, 10:49 PM
On YouTube they uploaded the comic in color with music in the background that corresponds to every scene and it tells the story of what happens to Zukos mom. :)

Toshiro Tazukura
03-13-2014, 06:37 PM
The season finale for korra was good but not the best in the second season

SadPanda
08-23-2014, 07:23 AM
Anybody watch Book 3? Best season so far. Pretty violent for Nick.

Ωmega
08-23-2014, 11:30 AM
Yeah, Im just behind yesterdays episode. So far Ive been enjoying it a lot

SadPanda
08-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Get ready, the last episode is pretty crazy.

SuXrys
10-16-2014, 03:14 PM
New season is out!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCEFMY4TWGw

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Oh boy!

Clayton_n
10-31-2014, 09:02 PM
There's that eight pointed circle that seems to appear in every good show...

Please let this be the season where she finally hooks up with Asami! Mako's finally out of the picture. For crying out loud she'll reincarnate and isn't an airbender so she doesn't need kids. And Asami's been with her every step of the way. If she'd been a guy would there have been any question about them dating?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9zirf58MG1r4axha.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cHIhdSFyJk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq-7ryaKqSQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YFtYqb3kYk

DeathBlade/13.666
10-31-2014, 11:42 PM
There's that eight pointed circle that seems to appear in every good show...
You mean an Octagon?

Clayton_n
11-01-2014, 12:44 AM
Yes. I try not to use words with too many syllables around here. Especially when the people reading them will immediately think of MMA

http://ist3-1.filesor.com/pimpandhost.com/1/3/7/3/137384/2/E/U/j/2EUjc/lusciousnet_asami-korra-swimsuit-le_651745718.jpg

Clayton_n
12-17-2014, 05:18 PM
Last episode is this week

http://i.imgur.com/U7kIkIo.png

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/avatar/images/0/01/Asami_helps_Korra.png/revision/latest?cb=20140830110426

http://www.officialgaygeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/korra4x07_0245.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/a8ade58ec06784ab8e7a444a55cbd07d/tumblr_n80cby8d2j1s5sgjao1_500.png
Whether it happens in the show or not, the minute I know the details, I'm writing a fic involving their wedding.

Clayton_n
12-19-2014, 03:49 PM
Holy.... they did it! They actually did it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hT7fD90mlw

http://img2.tvtome.com/i/u/124f5cbfac1e48fcc830a61c3bdbf076.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k138/Clayton_n/motivator0cdf89bc68e41d79528633c78858d45432bc0817_ zpscf46f7f1.jpg?t=1418938958

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcWKB2uy20o

Clayton_n
01-01-2015, 05:30 PM
Anyone else as shocked as me?

https://38.media.tumblr.com/2ea167dabe26d0eaddb5249d75621cbd/tumblr_n82blzv8941rcx61zo1_500.jpg

https://40.media.tumblr.com/65b7ef9c753053b2d51ad87994be0f65/tumblr_ne8p55WNAL1skn7w4o1_500.jpg

https://41.media.tumblr.com/448ff8b9d08802882b906099eaeb2303/tumblr_nedghhKADN1t3nk9io1_400.jpg

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2014/352/6/0/korrasami_by_cheppoly-d8acrml.png
http://recentlyheard.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Korra-and-Asami-cartoon-present.png

version15
01-15-2015, 01:48 PM
Love Korra, even though 4 wasn't the strongest book, it was still great!

Clayton_n
01-15-2015, 04:13 PM
Well originally the first season was all they were going to make to add an "Air" story to the quartet.

And 3... left her in a wheel chair and Asami clearly hurting on the inside.

So they finished it off, and after subtly implying lesbians in the first series, did everything the fans wanted that we never believed they would.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/12/tumblr_nf0vjfwzvh1rga3f7o1_1280-720x402.png

Of course they could have done anything they wanted.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120997/3389645-2459719949-whova.jpg

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/181/9/6/avatar__lok_discovers_shipping__by_booter_freak-d55igau.jpg

version15
01-15-2015, 04:48 PM
While I didn't really see the signs in book 3, I definitely saw them in book 4 lol.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

I honestly was surprised despite the signs lol. I thought they were just nodding at the shippers!

Clayton_n
01-15-2015, 04:55 PM
While I didn't really see the signs in book 3, I definitely saw them in book 4 lol.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

I honestly was surprised despite the signs lol. I thought they were just nodding at the shippers!

The shippers were shocked too. They had Toph kiss a girl, implied that Ty Lee and the Kyoshi warriors "bonded" in prison, and had Katara and Toph mud fight... but nobody believed they would do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY1foCVjrM0

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/276/files/2014/12/Korra-and-Asami-1.png
"KorrAsami Never Ends"
By Clayton Pverstreet based on “High School Never Ends” by Bowling for Soup

Three years, you think for sure
Then they added season four
All the fan fics, all the shipping pics
So superficial, so immature

For the next episode you cannot wait
You take a look around and you say, "Hey, wait!"
This is the same as the season Kora just came from
I thought it was over, oh, that's just great

The whole damned world is just as obsessed
With who's the best ship and who's having sex
Who's got the money, who was Toph’s hubby
Who's kinda cute and is Korra still a mess?

And the characters still don't have the right look
And Asami doesn’t have the right boy friend
Nothing changes but the faces, the names and if Korra can bend
Shipping never ends

Check out the popular kids
You'll never guess what Eska did
And how did Iroh lose all that weight?
And Pema had another baby, so I guess Tenzin's straight

And the only thing that matters
Is the creator’s KorrAsami banner
Still care about Asami’s hair and the car she drives
Doesn't matter if you're sixteen or thirty-five

Asami Sato, she's the prom queen
Jinora, captain of the chess team
Varrick, a clown, Mako, the quarterback
Seen it all before, I want Azula back!

The whole damned world is just as obsessed
With who's a lesbian and if they had sex
Who's in the Avatar club and who's sharing hugs
Are Korra’s cousins into incest

And the fire ferrets still don't have the right look
And Eska and Desna don't have friends
And you are still into the same yuri ship you were back then
KorrAsami never ends
KorrAsami never ends

The whole fan-world is just as obsessed
With who's the best dressed and who's having sex
Who's got the money, who was Toph’s hubby
Who's kinda cute and who's just a mess

And Korra still doesn't have the right look
And she still has the same three friends
And all anyone cares about is the lesbian end
KorrAsami never ends
KorrAsami never ends
KorrAsami never ends
And here the fans go again

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k138/Clayton_n/Korra_zps43006259.jpg~original

Clayton_n
01-22-2015, 01:40 PM
The other creator weighs in

bryan konietzko RSS ARCHIVE
co-creator of The Legend of Korra & Avatar: The Last Airbender, photographer, musician/recording artist Ginormous

DECEMBER 22, 2014
Korrasami is canon.

You can celebrate it, embrace it, accept it, get over it, or whatever you feel the need to do, but there is no denying it. That is the official story. We received some wonderful press in the wake of the series finale at the end of last week, and just about every piece I read got it right: Korra and Asami fell in love. Were they friends? Yes, and they still are, but they also grew to have romantic feelings for each other.

Was Korrasami “endgame,” meaning, did we plan it from the start of the series? No, but nothing other than Korra’s spiritual arc was. Asami was a duplicitous spy when Mike and I first conceived her character. Then we liked her too much so we reworked the story to keep her in the dark regarding her father’s villainous activities. Varrick and Zhu Li weren’t originally planned to end up as a couple either, but that’s where we took the story/where the story took us. That’s how writing works the vast majority of the time. You give these characters life and then they tell you what they want to do.

I have bragging rights as the first Korrasami shipper (I win!). As we wrote Book 1, before the audience had ever laid eyes on Korra and Asami, it was an idea I would kick around the writers’ room. At first we didn’t give it much weight, not because we think same-sex relationships are a joke, but because we never assumed it was something we would ever get away with depicting on an animated show for a kids network in this day and age, or at least in 2010.

Makorra was only “endgame” as far as the end of Book 1. Once we got into Book 2 we knew we were going to have them break up, and we never planned on getting them back together. Sorry, friends. I like Mako too, and I am sure he will be just fine in the romance department. He grew up and learned about himself through his relationships with Asami and Korra, and he’s a better person for it, and he’ll be a better partner for whomever he ends up with.

Once Mako and Korra were through, we focused on developing Korra and Asami’s relationship. Originally, it was primarily intended to be a strong friendship. Frankly, we wanted to set most of the romance business aside for the last two seasons. Personally, at that point I didn’t want Korra to have to end up with someone at the end of series. We obviously did it in Avatar, but even that felt a bit forced to me. I’m usually rolling my eyes when that happens in virtually every action film, “Here we go again…” It was probably around that time that I came across this quote from Hayao Miyazaki:

“I’ve become skeptical of the unwritten rule that just because a boy and girl appear in the same feature, a romance must ensue. Rather, I want to portray a slightly different relationship, one where the two mutually inspire each other to live - if I’m able to, then perhaps I’ll be closer to portraying a true expression of love.”

I agree with him wholeheartedly, especially since the majority of the examples in media portray a female character that is little more than a trophy to be won by the male lead for his derring-do. So Mako and Korra break the typical pattern and end up respecting, admiring, and inspiring each other. That is a resolution I am proud of.

However, I think there needs to be a counterpart to Miyazaki’s sentiment: Just because two characters of the same sex appear in the same story, it should not preclude the possibility of a romance between them. No, not everyone is queer, but the other side of that coin is that not everyone is straight. The more Korra and Asami’s relationship progressed, the more the idea of a romance between them organically blossomed for us. However, we still operated under this notion, another “unwritten rule,” that we would not be allowed to depict that in our show. So we alluded to it throughout the second half of the series, working in the idea that their trajectory could be heading towards a romance.

But as we got close to finishing the finale, the thought struck me: How do I know we can’t openly depict that? No one ever explicitly said so. It was just another assumption based on a paradigm that marginalizes non-heterosexual people. If we want to see that paradigm evolve, we need to take a stand against it. And I didn’t want to look back in 20 years and think, “Man, we could have fought harder for that.” Mike and I talked it over and decided it was important to be unambiguous about the intended relationship.

We approached the network and while they were supportive there was a limit to how far we could go with it, as just about every article I read accurately deduced. It was originally written in the script over a year ago that Korra and Asami held hands as they walked into the spirit portal. We went back and forth on it in the storyboards, but later in the retake process I staged a revision where they turned towards each other, clasping both hands in a reverential manner, in a direct reference to Varrick and Zhu Li’s nuptial pose from a few minutes prior. We asked Jeremy Zuckerman to make the music tender and romantic, and he fulfilled the assignment with a sublime score. I think the entire last two-minute sequence with Korra and Asami turned out beautiful, and again, it is a resolution of which I am very proud. I love how their relationship arc took its time, through kindness and caring. If it seems out of the blue to you, I think a second viewing of the last two seasons would show that perhaps you were looking at it only through a hetero lens.

Was it a slam-dunk victory for queer representation? I think it falls short of that, but hopefully it is a somewhat significant inching forward. It has been encouraging how well the media and the bulk of the fans have embraced it. Sadly and unsurprisingly, there are also plenty of people who have lashed out with homophobic vitriol and nonsense. It has been my experience that by and large this kind of mindset is a result of a lack of exposure to people whose lives and struggles are different from one’s own, and due to a deficiency in empathy––the latter being a key theme in Book 4. (Despite what you might have heard, bisexual people are real!) I have held plenty of stupid notions throughout my life that were planted there in any number of ways, or even grown out of my own ignorance and flawed personality. Yet through getting to know people from all walks of life, listening to the stories of their experiences, and employing some empathy to try to imagine what it might be like to walk in their shoes, I have been able to shed many hurtful mindsets. I still have a long way to go, and I still have a lot to learn. It is a humbling process and hard work, but nothing on the scale of what anyone who has been marginalized has experienced. It is a worthwhile, lifelong endeavor to try to understand where people are coming from.

There is the inevitable reaction, “Mike and Bryan just caved in to the fans.” Well, which fans? There were plenty of Makorra shippers out there, so if we had gone back on our decision and gotten those characters back together, would that have meant we caved in to those fans instead? Either direction we went, there would inevitably be a faction that was elated and another that was devastated. Trust me, I remember Kataang vs. Zutara. But one of those directions is going to be the one that feels right to us, and Mike and I have always made both Avatar and Korra for us, first and foremost. We are lucky that so many other people around the world connect with these series as well. Tahno playing trombone––now that was us caving in to the fans!

But this particular decision wasn’t only done for us. We did it for all our queer friends, family, and colleagues. It is long overdue that our media (including children’s media) stops treating non-heterosexual people as nonexistent, or as something merely to be mocked. I’m only sorry it took us so long to have this kind of representation in one of our stories.

I’ll wrap this up with some incredible words that Mike and I received in a message from a former Korra crew member. He is a deeply religious person who devotes much of his time and energy not only to his faith, but also to helping young people. He and I may have starkly different belief systems, but it is heartwarming and encouraging that on this issue we are aligned in a positive, progressive direction:

“I’ve read enough reviews to get a sense of how it affected people. One very well-written article in Vanity Fair called it subversive (in a good way, of course)… I would say a better word might be “healing.” I think your finale was healing for a lot of people who feel outside or on the fringes, or that their love and their journey is somehow less real or valuable than someone else’s… That it’s somehow less valid. I know quite a few people in that position, who have a lifetime of that on their shoulders, and in one episode of television you both relieved and validated them. That’s healing in my book.”

Love,

Bryan

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5O9lHyCQAAEfCV.jpg
https://31.media.tumblr.com/5f015220206c88246f47721c689e5d79/tumblr_inline_ngwhrhaYxF1t1thae.png
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Z4R8hTd5--/kallca3vnvwrptzqnb7f.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a2/87/49/a28749e32f74eeb55fd407cb4c279ec5.jpg

Clayton_n
02-07-2015, 03:42 PM
http://vimeo.com/115373598

Seriously watch that and tell me it was such a surprise.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/474x/02/48/be/0248beb9f6af8a36744224dc9e6b3796.jpg

Clayton_n
04-13-2015, 04:18 PM
Okay so nobody wants to discuss what happened in the show?

http://orig08.deviantart.net/e20f/f/2014/357/6/9/modest_medusa_485_by_jakerichmond-d8azs30.jpg

I found Korra's theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfFMTrFfQ9w

"The Impossible"

https://cassandrasaturn.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/korra-i-love-you.jpg

My dad chased monsters from the dark,
He checked underneath my bed.
An' he could lift me with one arm,
Way up over top his head.
He could loosen rusty bolts
With a quick turn of his wrench.
He pulled splinters from his hand,
And never even flinched.
In thirteen years I'd never seen him cry,
But the day that grandpa died, I realized:

Unsinkable ships sink.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/avatar/images/1/17/Iroh's_fleet_sinking.png/revision/latest?cb=20121110152237

Unbreakable walls break.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/avatar/images/a/a9/The_end_of_the_drill.png/revision/latest?cb=20130627092140

Sometimes the things you think would never happen,
Happen just like that.
Unbendable steel bends.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/avatar/images/5/50/Toph_metalbends.png/revision/latest?cb=20140519095030

If the fury of the wind is unstoppable,

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121126152250/avatar/images/archive/4/46/20140421100431!Tenzin_airbending_Equalists.png

I've learned to never underestimate,
The impossible

An' then there was my junior year,
Asami had a brand new car.
It was late, the road was wet,
I guess the curve was just too sharp.
Asami walked away without a scratch.
They brought the helicopter in.
Korra couldn't feel her legs.
They said she'd never walk again.

https://ladygeekgirl.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/korra-wheelchair.jpg

But Korra said she would an' her mom and daddy prayed,
An' the day we graduated, she stood up to say:

https://theartofthestorydotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/4korratherapy.jpg

Unsinkable ships sink.
Unbreakable walls break.
Happen just like that.
Unbendable steel bends.
The impossible

So don't tell me that it's over.
Don't give up on you and me.
'Cause there's no such thing as hopeless,
If you believe:

https://secure.static.tumblr.com/a1906e2a6f97f293a814f5b13ccf8043/mt9qz9w/MSinf2e1l/tumblr_static_tumblr_static_5jz6iw0l29kw40k8ogo8kw 4ck_640.png

Unsinkable ships sink.
Unbreakable walls break.
Happen just like that.
Unbendable steel bends.
The impossible

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--8dgUIrI2--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/qixoopryqdxw3jcrll0s.gif

Clayton_n
09-29-2015, 02:45 PM
Legend of Korra continues as a comic! Thank you Darkhorse!

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/1436567753/Screen%20Shot%202015-07-10%20at%203.35.35%20PM.png

https://31.media.tumblr.com/6d080c86f2e96e6f4d04f09172fa0022/tumblr_nragc22nHY1uw21yoo1_540.gif

The legacy of the Legend of Korra will continue with a three-part Dark Horse Comic book series. Co-creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino have confirmed that they are working on the trilogy that will focus on Korra and Asami's relationship.

During the 2015 San Diego Comic Con (SDCC), DiMartino said that he and Konietzko were thrilled with the positive response they received for portraying Korrasami in a lesbian relationship in the finale of the hit animation series.

"It's been so great to see how much it connected with everyone," DiMartino said at SDCC 2015. "We knew people would hopefully enjoy it, but you never know... It's touched people on an emotional level that I didn't expect."

The co-writer of the fan favourite series also expressed his happiness about the upcoming Korra comic sequel. "You pick a certain pairing, some people are going to be happy, and some people are going to be unhappy... We were just making sure we liked it, and in this case we did," DiMartino said.

The upcoming three-part graphic comic series will see DiMartino taking charge of the story, while Konietzko will be responsible for the art section.

The plot of the comic series will focus on the blossoming romance between the Avatar and her long time friend.

"We're definitely going to focus on Korra and Asami's relationship," DiMartino said.

The story will continue from where Book 4: Balance ended, which saw Kora and Asami walking towards the light canon while accepting their same sex relationship.

The upcoming novel has revived hope for die-hard fans of the successor of Aang that Nickelodeon may air the next season of the show soon after the book is released.

However, Nickelodeon has maintained silence over the entire issue.

Official pic from the creators

http://tribzap2it.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/legend-of-korra-korrasami-date-night-photos.jpg

DeathBlade/13.666
09-30-2015, 09:57 AM
No surprised at all, seeing as they made 3 whole story arcs for A:tLA. I figured LoK would get the same treatment, mostly just to cover some loose ends and keep things going a little longer.

Clayton_n
10-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Korra and Asami still haven't gone on a life changing field trip with Zuko.

DeathBlade/13.666
10-15-2015, 01:20 PM
Still no current or projected release date for the LoK graphic novels. =/

Hopefully we'll see something in the Comic Previews soon enough. They tend to be 2-3 months ahead of the actual release date. Though we should still hear something at least a couple of months before that happens. All else fails, stay tuned to the Free Comic Book Day postings. Like with A:tLA, we may see a quick preview comic before the graphic novel is even confirmed for a release.

Nesh
10-17-2015, 11:29 AM
I liked the beginning, but then towards the middle it didn't feel like anything wow-inspiring and I dropped it.

Clayton_n
10-22-2015, 06:04 PM
The end was amazingly WoW inspiring.

Intenigious
12-07-2015, 07:34 AM
I disliked the ending, it didn't give me any closure whatsoever to the universe

Like even the comics do a better job of summing up their stories and they are like 3 book of 48 chapters...

I liked the korasami thing but I still feel TLAB's ending was much more 'amazing'

There just wasn't a huge overarching plot like Avatar had to bring the whole series together.

I remember feeling happy after the 'joyful' ending of each avatar episode, but each Korra episode ends with something tragic.

Which is ok considering Dimartino and Koneiztko (not even gonna try to spell) were aiming at the same demographic who watched TLAB as a children, so the story became more 'mature'

but still is it wrong to ask for another TLAB like show. I've sorta lost hope in the Western World's kids programming.

Clayton_n
01-04-2016, 01:38 PM
They're coming out with a comic book that continues the story.

http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2015/07/the-legend-of-korra-graphic-novel-720x405-143550.jpg

DeathBlade/13.666
01-04-2016, 05:33 PM
They're coming out with a comic book that continues the story.
Tell us something we don't know and haven't covered already...

Clayton_n
02-27-2016, 03:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVXFuZARNgg

http://img08.deviantart.net/cdb8/i/2014/214/4/1/lok__the_stakeout_outtakes_by_neodusk-d7tej0a.jpg

http://img09.deviantart.net/691b/i/2014/213/f/8/lok__team_avatar_meets_team_avatar_by_neodusk-d7t8cko.jpg

http://asamiloveskorra.modestmedusa.com/

Clayton_n
01-20-2017, 05:31 PM
http://images.darkhorse.com/darkhorse/blog/-2016/nycckorra.jpg

Dark Horse Comics will release the first volume in a brand-new The Legend of Korra graphic novel series, The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars in June 2017.

This three-part graphic novel series is written by Nickelodeon TV series co-creator and executive producer Michael Dante DiMartino, drawn by Irene Koh (Batgirl, 1602, TMNT), with covers by Heather Campbell (Free Comic Book Day 2016: The Legend of Korra), and consultation by TV series co-creator and executive producer Bryan Konietzko.

Turf Wars begins with Korra and Asami leaving the spirit world and returning to Republic City only to find political hijinks and human vs. spirit conflict, as a pompous developer plans to turn the new spirit portal into an amusement park, potentially severing an already tumultuous connection with the spirits. In addition, the triads have realigned and are in a brutal brawl at the city’s borders where hundreds of evacuees have relocated. In order to get through it all, Korra and Asami vow to look out for each other—but first, they’ve got to get better at being a team.

Dark Horse’s award-winning Avatar: The Last Airbender program has seen multiple number-one New York Times bestsellers and continues to grow with the current North and South series written by Gene Luen Yang, an Eisner Award winner and the National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature. Turf Wars is the latest release in an ongoing partnership between Nickelodeon and Dark Horse to bring fans the very best in graphic novels.

The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars Parts 1–3 will serve as the official continuation of The Legend of Korra television series. The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars Part 1 is available for preorder today at local comic shops or through these fine retailers: Amazon, Barnes and Noble and IndieBound.

Clayton_n
08-05-2017, 03:27 PM
YAHOOOOOOOOO!

http://readcomics.website/uploads/manga/the-legend-of-korra-turf-wars-2017-/chapters/1/09.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY1foCVjrM0

http://readcomics.website/uploads/manga/the-legend-of-korra-turf-wars-2017-/chapters/1/50.jpg

HA! I knew Kya liked girls!