PDA

View Full Version : New to Anime Conventions and Cosplaying ... help?

Katie Dawn
07-25-2011, 01:29 AM
So, I've never been to an Anime Convention ... and I probably won't get to go until after I graduate highschool, basically waiting until university (so ... 2013). Most likely, I'll dress in my normal clothes the first time I go, just to get a feel for it, and see what it's like. If I change my mind in the next couple of years and do decide to dress up, these would be my options:

- Kagome (Inuyasha)
- Kari (Digimon)
- Misty (Pokémon)
- Sakura (Cardcaptors)
- Sakura (Naruto)

I have blonde medium-length hair ... given that information, which do you think would be the easiest costume to put together?

blueangel06661
07-25-2011, 06:31 AM
Misty... Misty is an easy beginners costume to pull together because you can basically make it from everyday clothes.

Actually never mind....... You say 2013? I suggest you get off of cartoon network/adult swim and start watching other anime. Chances are you won't care for any of these characters. I used to like kagome back in the day when I first discovered anime. Now I'm like "who?" Yeah.. Plus it'll deff. help you to get more experienced in the world of anime. You'll feel lonely if those are the only type of shows you care for. ^_________^;;

Thank god they are slowly fading out of the cosplay world. People may do sakura because her costumes are complex. But you don't see many of the characters around anymore since they've been over done the past few years.

Katie Dawn
07-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Actually never mind....... You say 2013? I suggest you get off of cartoon network/adult swim and start watching other anime. Chances are you won't care for any of these characters. I used to like kagome back in the day when I first discovered anime. Now I'm like "who?" Yeah.. Plus it'll deff. help you to get more experienced in the world of anime. You'll feel lonely if those are the only type of shows you care for. ^_________^;;

This is a list of shows I'm currently watching and planning on watching within the next 6 months:

- Bleach
- Chibi Vampire
- Chobits
- Digimon
- Fruits Basket
- Full Metal Alchemist
- Hetalia Axis Power
- Mew Mew Power
- Moon Phase
- Naruto
- Pokémon
- Ranma 1/2
- Sailor Moon
- Wolf's Rain
- Yu-Gi-Oh

This is the kind of thing I'm into ... I've loved Cardcaptors, Digimon, Pokémon, and Sailor Moon since I was 5 (and I love them more and more every time I watch them), and Inuyasha was the anime that first got me hooked on Anime. That's all. :)