PDA

View Full Version : Rude Users

Kittyinpink
07-24-2011, 09:09 PM
so i was playing a game online and some dude called me a name, and i kindly asked him to not call me that, and the dude blew up on me calling me names and other very rude stuff.kinda hurt my feelings.
what does anyone else think about that?
or what stories do you have about just plan rude people online?

GameGeeks
07-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Just the nature of the Internet. People will say what ever they want just because they wont face retribution for it. In ways the Internet has let us social evolve and others it has done the opposite. I just tend to block people like that.

Kittyinpink
07-24-2011, 09:18 PM
thats what i did. its just a shame that those people can ruin your fun...

.Tatty.
07-24-2011, 09:25 PM
This is what happens when 14 year old American boys have the internetz.

Kittyinpink
07-24-2011, 09:27 PM

i truely believe that is what has happend to the internet

Xeyuzio
07-24-2011, 09:29 PM
I am a 14 year old boy with internet, a better thing to say is "this is what happens when you let 14 year old idiots use the internet". Anyways I hate when people abuse games like that, I usually report them but that's pretty much all we can do besides muting. ;~;

.Tatty.
07-24-2011, 09:30 PM
However there should be a mute/block button for these people if you look hard enough.

So if you endure the abuse, you only have yourself to blame really.

Hanamaru Kunikida
I am used to unfriendly forums, so I don't really get easily offended, it kinda helps you to man up/toughen up if you're a guy.

But this immaturity sounds something that you should rather ignore, someone like isn't worth the time and should grown the hell up.

GameGeeks
You where fourteen once.

.Tatty.
07-24-2011, 09:32 PM
You where fourteen once.

Yet not American. Atleast not raised in America.

GameGeeks
07-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Yet not American. Atleast not raised in America.
And that matters why?

Kittyinpink
07-24-2011, 09:38 PM
seems like people are always taking their problems out on other people though

.Tatty.
07-24-2011, 09:40 PM
If I took half my problems out on the people of this forum, you'd all be screwed.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-24-2011, 09:41 PM
And that matters why?

This generation of teenagers suck though.

There's a small exception.

If I took half my problems out on the people of this forum, you'd all be screwed.

I'll join you on that, lol.

GameGeeks
07-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Shinichi Not really, only difference is that we can along as the net was gaining popularity.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Shinichi Not really, only difference is that we can along as the net was gaining popularity.

I'll just assume this is your first forum. http://dbxforums.com/images/smilies/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Kittyinpink
07-24-2011, 09:54 PM
okay but how do people feel about men being so harsh on women on the net?

GameGeeks
07-24-2011, 09:56 PM
I'll just assume this is your first forum. http://dbxforums.com/images/smilies/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif
Far far FAR from it. The only difference between our generation and the next is for a small while we learned there's consequences for our actions. Not so much now on the net. Not to mention there's people our age and older that behave like that on the net so it's not just the next generation.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Far far FAR from it. The only difference between our generation and the next is for a small while we learned there's consequences for our actions. Not so much now on the net. Not to mention there's people our age and older that behave like that on the net so it's not just the next generation.

It's only a small percentage that still are immature. Actually this generation of teens are more ignorant, arrogant and spoiled. http://dbxforums.com/images/smilies/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Skylar1
07-24-2011, 10:08 PM
People have been disdainful to each other without provocation since the beginning of recorded history.

It's an ego-defense mechanism, caused by a huge lack of maturity.

Actually this generation of teens are more ignorant, arrogant and spoiled.

quite the opposite, actually. Generation Y is possibly the most accepting and tolerant generation of individuals to exist.

.Tatty.
07-24-2011, 10:09 PM

GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN MEN ARE POSTING!

like that?

The Butcher
07-24-2011, 10:41 PM
That is how all forums act.

Though I did get a message of curse words after I slaughtered this guy over and over in Red Dead Redemption. The guy should not have shot first.

Velvet_Nightmare
07-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Age and country don't matter. Jerks on the internet will be jerks.

There's a 60 year old man in a shooter I play who talks just as much crap, if not more than the 14 year old kids.
And whenever someone talks smack to me in a forum or game, telling me I suck or that I cheat or whatever, I simply laugh and tell em, "Don't lose any sleep over it buddy"

Kittyinpink
07-24-2011, 11:07 PM
that is true

nrL
07-25-2011, 04:17 AM
Y, why so srs?

blueangel06661
07-25-2011, 06:12 AM
AF = The biggest gathering of babies ever. No lie. The members here have no skin. Lol the other forum I go to we get this nice message when you read the rules/before you join.

As another warning:
Off-Topic is the unfriendly section - A section where there is zero respect or sympathy. Threads rarely stay on topic and newbs get attacked just for being a newb. Do not complain about posts in this section, for we will do nothing about it.

Most of AF would probably run away crying at the stuff the guys say there. I've learned to suck it up. It's just the internet. You can say all you want to me because you're just saying it to Blueangel06661. Not me. You're not saying it to my face. Just to my "online reputation" Well I have real world things to worry about rather than if someone online likes me or not...............................

Vanilla Tsundere
07-25-2011, 09:50 AM
I love how some people think that stupid people only exist in America and in teenagers. Anyone on the Internet should be fully aware stupid people are all over the world. So the country elitist role people try to take is really retarded. Anyway~
@ The OP- People on the Internet are just gonna be rude, and flame, and troll. I'm not gonna lie, I've done it myself, and it has happened to me. It's like trial and error. You have to deal with the idiots for a while to learn how to take it, rebuttal to it, whatever. It gets a lot easier overtime.

AF = The biggest gathering of babies ever. No lie. The members here have no skin. Lol the other forum I go to we get this nice message when you read the rules/before you join.
Most of AF would probably run away crying at the stuff the guys say there. I've learned to suck it up. It's just the internet. You can say all you want to me because you're just saying it to Blueangel06661. Not me. You're not saying it to my face. Just to my "online reputation" Well I have real world things to worry about rather than if someone online likes me or not...............................
^ This. Though yaoi forums are worse. Lol!

nrL
07-25-2011, 11:38 AM
yaoi forums

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6247/50639594.jpg

battousai_ryuu
07-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Yep, the internet has become a breeding ground for the modern day "Keyboard Warrior"

Miss Moonlight
07-25-2011, 12:30 PM
The internet lets people show their true colors without risking judgement. That's both one of the good and the bad things about the internet. Also, the way it magnifies human behavior lets people have some sort of "outlet", I guess.

Other than that, if people are going to be douches in person, they will most likely be that way online, too.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-25-2011, 12:34 PM

Exactly my words.

If you go to an all guys forum, it helps you man up.

It kinda did for me when I was younger.

Meenah
07-25-2011, 12:52 PM
I really don't care so much, really. In the Internet or out, haters gonna hate.

Emphasis
07-25-2011, 01:17 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/TROLLING_RE_The_Meme_Team-s600x750-97874.jpg

marvel_phoenix
07-25-2011, 01:20 PM
*shrug* I try to treat others as I would like to be treated. It's not always easy, but sometimes you you can't tell a dummy from someone who is just having a bad day. And if they're still in a mood or whatever, then that is between them and Karma. >:-D

nrL
07-25-2011, 01:22 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/TROLLING_RE_The_Meme_Team-s600x750-97874.jpg

Do you imply that trolls are immature? I say those who get trolled are...
....unless it's a very witty trolling, that is ;)

Emphasis
07-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Of course they are immature, what kind of question is that? xD Would a mature person troll other people? :)
Anyone can get trolled, but that's not the deal. It's about trolling successfully or trol and FAIL.
You can whether run away crying or ignore it/laugh at it. (Or troll back.. or.. Tell the troll he/she is bad at it..)

I A
07-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Oh believe me, if some of the people here saw AnimeLeague.net, they would never want to post aywhere ever again. xD That's a hardcore place over there, that forum is.

DOOM!
07-25-2011, 04:57 PM
so i was playing a game online and some dude called me a name, and i kindly asked him to not call me that, and the dude blew up on me calling me names and other very rude stuff.kinda hurt my feelings.
qq moar, n00b. CoD is a game for the mentally challenged; what did you expect?
And this is why I do not play, and will never bother trying games that have a Multiplayer feature. When I pirate download or browse through the discount basket and find a game that mentions online/server/multiplayer/mmo/thousands-of-players, I think of tons of illiterate idiots using all sorts of buffs to kill you quicker just to be the highest on an endless, ever-changing, impossible to top, internet Hi Scores list.
Try Single Player games, so the Jews can't rip you off of more money than what you paid for the game.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-25-2011, 09:19 PM
And that matters why?

Because everyone knows only Americans are rude. In fact, we invented rudeness. It was first exhibited at the Chicago World's Fair in 1893 and exported to Europe soon after.

As per the topic, Welcome to the Internet, you must be new here. All is explained with this informative comic (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/3/19/) (swearing).

Vanilla Tsundere
07-25-2011, 10:04 PM
@ nathanromml (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?268356-nathanromml)
LOL! That reply made me laugh. xD

Xeyuzio
07-25-2011, 10:40 PM
The first forum I went to I got banned from because I took everything way to seriously and eventually I was what the mods called "trolling". Anyways that forum taught me the important of not taking the internet seriously. Besides, I doubt they would say anything they say on the internet in real life, that's why I can't help but to not take it that serious. Anyways I'm glad AF isn't like those other forums, people here are actually nice to talk to.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-25-2011, 10:45 PM
I remember all the infractions I got when I was 14-16.

Good ol' times.

Syaoran
07-25-2011, 10:47 PM
:U I used to get mad at this kinda thing. Now I make it into a joke. Or try anyway.

Xeyuzio
07-25-2011, 10:57 PM
I remember all the infractions I got when I was 14-16.

Good ol' times.

I never got an infraction and I only have one referral. >=D

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-25-2011, 10:58 PM
I never got an infraction and I only have one referral. >=D

Eh, a referral is when you invite someone to the forum...

Xeyuzio
07-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Eh, a referral is when you invite someone to the forum...

... I feel retarded...

-akichan-
07-26-2011, 03:12 AM
Welcome to the internet...

Internet is complicated. Some people find it easier to express themselves through the internet, so it is inevitable to meet rude people. You can happen to meet mean people on the internet, or you can even find nice and honest people on the internet.

blueangel06661
07-26-2011, 07:10 AM
Lol I have like 3 infractions!.. all in the same year here!!

I'm a boss >:]

Lol. AF is the only forum I've ever gotten an infraction on because people get too sensitive..Blaaaaah..

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Lol I have like 3 infractions!.. all in the same year here!!
I'm a boss >:]
Lol. AF is the only forum I've ever gotten an infraction on because people get too sensitive..Blaaaaah..
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f27/YadelelSobreviviente/Infractions.jpg

Plus one infraction for Rickrolling, another one for calling a 40 year old mod a pedophile, and another one for telling a member he should go jump off a cliff and decapitate himself.

And for standing up for myself. ]=<

Who's the real boss now? http://dbxforums.com/images/smilies/112hqmv.png

Xeyuzio
07-26-2011, 02:00 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f27/YadelelSobreviviente/Infractions.jpg
Plus one infraction for Rickrolling, another one for calling a 40 year old mod a pedophile, and another one for telling a member he should go jump off a cliff and decapitate himself.

And for standing up for myself. ]=<

Who's the real boss now? http://dbxforums.com/images/smilies/112hqmv.png

I say that stuff in AF chat all the time... well use to and never got in trouble. ;-;

DOOM!
07-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Look at you now, comparing your Infractions instead of your Rep, and bragging about it. Aah, I remeber the times when butthurtian whiners like MsAeris, Bean Bandit, -Klutz-, Princess [various members] and Kishiro used to Mod these forums; then your infractions rendered you infamous and hated fo' sure. Good times. Made me feel like I was ahead of the herd (which I've always been).

blueangel06661
07-26-2011, 05:43 PM
I got neg repped by ace and lost all my thousands of rep... And I'm still here...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/square/000/001/987/fyeah.jpg?1269221733

So I win any boss battle..

Ranshiin
07-26-2011, 06:48 PM

Gotta love 4chan. ;r

Light Buster
07-26-2011, 06:56 PM
There was this guy on Black Ops who couldn't shoot my attack dogs due to his bad accuracy. He called me a cheater (thinking I hacked the attack dogs so they don't die but they can be killed) and then raged quit after the match was over. He has no skill whatsoever...

nrL
07-27-2011, 05:29 AM
Gotta love 4chan. ;r

He was not talking about 4chan, if that's what you meant.

Kittyinpink
07-27-2011, 02:17 PM
There was this guy on Black Ops who couldn't shoot my attack dogs due to his bad accuracy. He called me a cheater (thinking I hacked the attack dogs so they don't die but they can be killed) and then raged quit after the match was over. He has no skill whatsoever...

yeah i hate when players act like that. just like grow up and admit defeat dude lol

CryBabyWearingDiaper
07-27-2011, 07:16 PM

When you meet someone like this, All you need to do is ask to very simple Question's.

Problem?

uMad?

MistaCloudStrife
07-27-2011, 07:54 PM
AF = The biggest gathering of babies ever. No lie. The members here have no skin. Lol

I don't remember it being this way. Well, there were always members that got butt hurt easily, but there was always an equal amount of members that always spoke their mind and didn't give a damn. Mmm...

Kittyinpink
07-27-2011, 08:32 PM
When you meet someone like this, All you need to do is ask to very simple Question's.

Problem?

uMad?

or maybe just ignore them?

blueangel06661
07-27-2011, 08:34 PM
I don't remember it being this way. Well, there were always members that got butt hurt easily, but there was always an equal amount of members that always spoke their mind and didn't give a damn. Mmm...

Not anymore.. Lol..

Xeyuzio
07-27-2011, 08:48 PM
I prefer AF members not attacking each other, it's probably best that those members are gone anyways. >_>;

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-27-2011, 08:50 PM
I prefer AF members not attacking each other, it's probably best that those members are gone anyways. >_>;
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/distr2.gif
Oh really?

Xeyuzio
07-27-2011, 08:51 PM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/distr2.gif
Oh really?

yarly, or else the forum because a much bigger chat, which would leave to little activity except for the people who are rude, the rude members can also scare of new members which happens a lot in chat too. o_O;

GameGeeks
07-27-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm attacking the user above me.

blueangel06661
07-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Oh noessss now he's going to go run and whine to a mod about how evil and rude you are GG.. You're going to scare some people off.

---while on that topic.. rumor mill has it.. I've actually driven off a few people.. Oooopsies.. Well I know one for sure I've driven off I think.. Least I'm pretty sure it was me.. Don't know of anyone else though. o.O;

SigmaSD
07-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Well there were two different approaches you could take when someone is mean to you online.

A while ago, like a couple of years ago, it was very common to make fun of the rude persons mother. However, even though some people still use it, this style of combacks have died down.

The other approach is making fun of that person's face, which can lower down their self esteem, granting you victory.

However, since both approaches seem childish, I go for option C. Steal their bf or gf.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Well there were two different approaches you could take when someone is mean to you online.

A while ago, like a couple of years ago, it was very common to make fun of the rude persons mother. However, even though some people still use it, this style of combacks have died down.

The other approach is making fun of that person's face, which can lower down their self esteem, granting you victory.

However, since both approaches seem childish, I go for option C. Steal their bf or gf.

Steal their boyfriend or girlfriend, you say . . .? http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/43h7r5d.gif

blueangel06661
07-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Sort of hard to do in the anime community.. They all have waifu's... And they don't exist IRL... :| Or just nothing at all..

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Sort of hard to do in the anime community.. They all have waifu's... And they don't exist IRL... :| Or just nothing at all..

Waifus, you say . . .? http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/43h7r5d.gif

Skyforger
07-27-2011, 09:54 PM
I am going to give my honest opinion here.
The internet does, and always will have trolls.
"Trolls"(A person who goes around saying anything they think will get a rise out of someone for the pure entertainment of F***'ing with someone.)

That being said, if you can't handle some random, insecure, loser of a person that you have never met. Calling you names... or whatever it may be.
Then most likely the Internet is no place for you. Stand up for yourself, and don't cry about it.

This is life, and i suggest you get used to it.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-27-2011, 09:57 PM
I am going to give my honest opinion here.
The internet does, and always will have trolls.
"Trolls"(A person who goes around saying anything they think will get a rise out of someone for the pure entertainment of~snip~ with someone.)

That being said, if you can't handle some random, insecure, loser of a person that you have never met. Calling you names... or whatever it may be.
Then most likely the Internet is no place for you. Stand up for yourself, and don't cry about it.

This is life, and i suggest you get used to it.
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/6xt26q1.png
Tell me more.

Skyforger
07-27-2011, 09:58 PM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/6xt26q1.png
Tell me more.
What more is there to say? And I am sorry if I came off harsh, but I did say its my honest opinion.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-27-2011, 09:59 PM
What more is there to say? And I am sorry if I came off harsh, but I did say its my honest opinion.

Honest, you say . . .? http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/43h7r5d.gif

SigmaSD
07-27-2011, 09:59 PM
See, this is what i dont get about stuff like this and cyberbullying. If people are trying to mess with you online, all you have to do is either ignore them, or press that button that turns off the computer machine and go do something else.

Usually I would play online games or go out and play some awesome sport.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-27-2011, 10:02 PM
See, this is what i dont get about stuff like this and cyberbullying. If people are trying to mess with you online, all you have to do is either ignore them, or press that button that turns off the computer machine and go do something else.

Usually I would play online games or go out and play some awesome sport.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/_brofist__by_kaiser321.gif

Well said.

Skilero
07-27-2011, 10:20 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/Trollface_RE_Its_Another_New_Post_D-s469x428-129184-580.jpg

This post will be inevitably disliked.

GameGeeks
07-28-2011, 01:21 AM
This post will be inevitably disliked.WOOT! Breaking the system. :p

Souhi
07-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Eh. The longer you spend in semi-volatile internet communities, like gaming ones there, the thicker a hide you tend to grow to crap like that. Why was he a -expletive- to you? Well, because he can. That's it. He never had to see your face, argue, or suffer any negative repercussions for it. The consequences in comparison to being a jerk in real life are minimal at best.

It's a bit nsfw, but Penny Arcade did a popular little strip that illustrates this nicely. Anonymity + normal person + audience = Jerk

EDIT: Ah yes he did haha. I am just awful at skimming forums nowadays

GameGeeks
07-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Eh. The longer you spend in semi-volatile internet communities, like gaming ones there, the thicker a hide you tend to grow to crap like that. Why was he a -expletive- to you? Well, because he can. That's it. He never had to see your face, argue, or suffer any negative repercussions for it. The consequences in comparison to being a jerk in real life are minimal at best.

It's a bit nsfw, but Penny Arcade did a popular little strip that illustrates this nicely. Anonymity + normal person + audience = Jerk
Agreed and Manhattan posted said comic on page two of this thread.

Vintniv
07-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Usually, whenever I find users I dont like, I just mute them, block them, etc. Xbox Live, PSN, here.... just seems... friendlier to bask in the silence.

Trippy Hippie
08-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Well. Its the internet.
Shit happens. Just ignore them. O_o
In real life I doubt they have they half the balls they do on here. I wouldn't be so hurt by just words. Remember, they are just words. Say them to yourself a bunch of times, and suddenly it doesnt matter.

MissAstaire
08-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Everyone is always so mean to me on the Internet. teed, setz, stick figure. They're just so mean!!1 //10

Ezza Obsuna
08-11-2011, 04:24 AM
People feel protected when using the internet and so, are often rude online. Just like my brother for example. He's a real jerk when it comes to things like that.

Tobias
08-13-2011, 01:15 AM
Like pretty much everyone else said, people will always be jerks online because nobody can see dem :/ (And oye--don't even get me STARTED on YouTube comments >.>)

Actually, a few weeks ago, I saw a video of a little girl (about 6-8) screaming expletives in her dad/brother's headset at some poor guy on Xbox Live. And it was the really bad stuff, too. Like, the kind of stuff you get your arse whooped with a belt for saying. It was horrible >.>

Wio
08-13-2011, 04:43 AM

They need to be harsher, and they need to maintain harshness offline as well.

Acnologia
08-13-2011, 04:59 AM
Chances are they are just little kids trying to look cool. I had it happen the other day irl when I was walking my dog. Just don't give them the attention they want.