PDA

View Full Version : best anime you've ever seen

th_afuro_samurai8
07-22-2011, 05:24 PM
:laugh:tell me the best anime youve ever seen . you can explain why if you want.

randomusername
07-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Highschool of the dead

zombies and ecchi is a great combo

th_afuro_samurai8
07-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Ive heard of that!

Masakisu
07-25-2011, 04:17 PM
>highschool of the dead
>best not favourite

umm

also, Texhnolyze.

Red&Stiletto
07-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Eureka 7! It has everything. *3*

The Butcher
07-25-2011, 06:59 PM
Gintama

The characters are great, and the plot can be funny,serious,actiony. All in one package also.

Katie Dawn
07-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Hmm ... well, this is odd, but even though my favorite anime is Inuyasha, it's not the best anime I've ever seen. I'm really enjoying Ranma 1/2 and Naruto right now ... but I think they're tied for second place.

I'm going to go with Yu-Gi-Oh. :)

trit
07-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Monster is really the only flawless anime I've ever seen so I'd have to say that

MistaCloudStrife
07-26-2011, 07:33 AM
One Piece. Hands down.

I've seen several Jump anime, most of the longer running series I loved at the beginning but began to doubt the quality of the show as it went on. Dragonball Z, Naruto, Bleach. I still watch these(Naruto and Bleach I mean), although I don't wait around weekly for them anymore, but at one point in time when I began watching these series' I wondered to myself "When the hell is this anime even going to end?". As for One Piece. Not once as I watch this anime have I ever wondered this. Why? Because I don't want this anime to end. The quality of this show in almost every aspect is top-notch stuff. The characters are very memorable, the story is epic, the music is nice, the art... takes some getting used to, I'll admit, but once you get over that hump it's smooth sailing from there on out.

The fact is, when people usually bring up this anime, others either 1)Don't like the art 2)Have seen the 4Kids dub or 3)Are intimidated by the amount of episodes this series contains. But if you can get yourself to even watch a bit of this anime you'll realize you've found the ultimate treasure. You've found One Piece. -snicker-

Screwby
07-26-2011, 09:13 AM
I can never decide on the best anime I have ever seen. There are so many excellent ones its hard to pick.
If I had to say one I would suggest N.H.K. ni Yōkoso but there are a lot others that I place on par with it.

nrL
07-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Death Note and Code Geass.
/thread

randomusername
07-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Death Note and Code Geass.
/thread

I'm currently watching Code Geass and I now watchu mean.

Nesh
07-26-2011, 04:40 PM
One Piece no doubt about it ^^

because....

...it has some crazy characters that make you burst into laughter [and sometimes tears]

Datenshi
07-26-2011, 06:00 PM
I assume that you mean the best anime series, but I have to mention Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind. It's an old work, but everything about the movie holds up today, from a technical, artistic, and intellectual point of view, and it's the prefigures all of the later Miyazaki works.

I'd say the best anime series if I had to pick one is Future Boy Conan.

dunnodot
07-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Eureka 7! It has everything. *3*Oh thats my favorite. do you know there is Eureka 7:Rainbow of pocket movie already came out in theater.

Red&Stiletto
07-26-2011, 09:22 PM
:O In theaters?!

AnimeBboy
07-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Hajime no Ippo and Gungrave

Arumachinogunjou
07-27-2011, 04:39 PM
I am wathcing HighSchool of the Dead right now, and i'm loving it so far.

however, in my opinion (and i know that little amount of people agree with this) Higashi no Eden is the Best Anime. ever.

Tolle
07-27-2011, 10:43 PM
In theaters?! [red. concerning the Eureka Seven movie]

Actually, the movie "Pocket Full of Rainbows" was released in April, 2009 :) But don't get too excited - I didn't like this movie as much as I loved the series, but it's still nice to find out that there is more to the anime that you love, than you originally knew of :)

Anyway, I can't help but say that there really SHOULDN'T be a "best anime" you've watched :) Of course, there is an anime which is your favorite - but seeing as the different animes have their own "fields of fame", as in subjects they're best at, I think it's unfair to put the different animes up against each other. For an example, I just saw "Clannad" and "Clannad AS" and I can't help but say, that it is the most touching anime I've seen! However, animes like "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebelion" offers different theme-aspects in which I'm also fully pleased :p

I agree, that there are animes better than others, of course. The art-work can be compared and the love-ability of the characters as well, amongst other things. Don't deem me hypocritical, though I may sound like it - Animes should be judged within their shared "fields of fame", the genres/themes they share :)

Aulos
07-28-2011, 12:48 AM
One Piece.

It's the most emotional series I have seen, and I really like emotion. Plus, the characters are amazing and the over-arching story (which is completely non-existent in some other long-running series) is interesting.

azunyan
07-28-2011, 02:15 AM
Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood.
The characters are awesome, and it's got action/adventure, comedy, and a little romance ,all in one. Plus, the plot's amazing and the fight scenes are mind-blowing!
It's my all-time favorite anime! XD

th_afuro_samurai8
07-30-2011, 01:12 PM
I assume that you mean the best anime series, but I have to mention Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind. It's an old work, but everything about the movie holds up today, from a technical, artistic, and intellectual point of view, and it's the prefigures all of the later Miyazaki works.

I'd say the best anime series if I had to pick one is Future Boy Conan.

Love Miyazaki! :D

noodle2k1
08-02-2011, 04:57 AM
DURARARA!!!!!! Its just Awesome. New Show but its Really good

Blazing CobaltX
08-02-2011, 02:10 PM
K-ON, it has something I haven't seen yet in other anime. The humor is exactly mine and the friendship bewteen them is :love:, the music theme makes it complete. :D

Konkulf
08-05-2011, 07:08 AM
It's a tie between a good amount of anime's really, stuff like Ergo Proxy, Toradora, Durarara, Suzuka, bakemonogatari, kaichou wa maid-sama and Elfen lied.

It's quite an amout of anime's, but i can't really pick one of them to go over the other's, they're all really great in my opinion =)

randomusername
08-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Highschool of the dead

Since today Black Lagoon is my new favourite one. It's just sick.