PDA

View Full Version : Borders book store going out of business

blueangel06661
07-22-2011, 09:05 AM
It's official that all borders book stores are officially closing it's doors in the U.S. Many have already closed around the U.S. But some were still going. But today Borders is finally announcing it's closing the rest of it's stores with up to a 40% discount on all things.

I've been going to borders to hang out the past few weeks at it's cafe so I'm sad to see it's shutting down. There was no notice of this since the borders in my city does quite well seeing as it's the only book store besides a barns & noble on the outside of town that no one goes to.

Elphaba
07-22-2011, 09:37 AM
I heard abbot it. At first I couldn't believe that one of my favorite bookstores is closing. I knew they were having problems but it wasn't until my mom told me one day "Did you know that borders is closing?" i was kinda surprised because I never heard anything.
I am going to mis Borders though.

battousai_ryuu
07-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Tis a sad day indeed. I always preferred Boarders to Barnes & Noble. I kinda expected this to happen :(

RohanDarkling
10-21-2011, 11:45 PM
I hope that books do not become obsolete in my lifetime.

blueangel06661
10-21-2011, 11:55 PM
I hope that books do not become obsolete in my lifetime.

............... Books have been around since the first century and have existed through 21 centuries.

It's not going to go away in a mere pesky human lifespan... Borders just made a few bad calls as a business

OminousCloud
01-02-2012, 10:40 PM
We had a few Borders book stores here in Sydney. They didn't really do very well though, they didn't seem to have competitive prices with anyone.

Rei
01-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Their flagship store here closed down quite some time ago. Was sad to see it go, but then again there are other bookstores.

Explorer Oak
03-28-2012, 05:42 PM
The borders in my area does'nt even have a lounge area. But they have alot of manga so it makes up for that!

blueangel06661
03-28-2012, 05:45 PM
The borders in my area does'nt even have a lounge area. But they have alot of manga so it makes up for that!

You talk as if they are still around o.O Borders had been completely closed for at least half a year now .-.

Explorer Oak
03-28-2012, 05:54 PM
You talk as if they are still around o.O Borders had been completely closed for at least half a year now .-.

Your right! Im always late to these. ;-;