PDA

View Full Version : [Multi] Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-20-2011, 04:02 PM
So yeah, this was confirmed in Comic-con 2011.
http://kotaku.com/5823075/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-brings-twelve-new-fighters-at-a-budget-price

Basically this is coming to be the same game with 12 more characters and more stuff like new modes and spectator mode.

Four characters got confirmed that they will be on the game:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/20/see-strider-ghost-rider-and-hawkeye-brawl-in-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

And here is a *cough*leaked*cough* confirming the "rest":
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/20/phoenix-wright-and-vergil-and-more-are-in-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-too/

If Phoenix Wright is indeed confirmed, I am going to scream like a pregnant school girl. But this is not entirely confirmed, so I am not getting my hopes up but it would be awesome. CONFIRMED!

This game will be released on November for the price of $40.

What are your thoughts?

Light Buster
07-20-2011, 05:40 PM
I knew there would be another version of this game. The only question in mind now is would it be like SSFIV: AE where we can download the update for free and/or buy it?

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-21-2011, 12:15 AM
I knew there would be another version of this game. The only question in mind now is would it be like SSFIV: AE where we can download the update for free and/or buy it?

Eh, AE cost 15 bucks standalone and 40 bucks on disc.

Where do you get this "free" from?

---------- Post added 07-21-2011 at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-20-2011 at 09:37 PM ----------

And nope DLC like AE, disc only:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/20/sorry-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-is-disc-only-you-cant-upgrade-via-dlc/

Capcom, you suck.

FluffyDango
07-21-2011, 05:09 PM
It`s retarded.
Costs almost as much as a full new game, there`s only new characthers, spectator mode and some other fixes.
Just make a damn dlc instead you greedy and lazy people :P
Epic fail from Capcom, since they drop an actual new game for this.

I have MvC3 with Jill and that other characther, thats enough.
Bet the net coding will be just as shit on UMvC3 :P

Light Buster
07-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Eh, AE cost 15 bucks standalone and 40 bucks on disc.

Where do you get this "free" from?

---------- Post added 07-21-2011 at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-20-2011 at 09:37 PM ----------

And nope DLC like AE, disc only:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/20/sorry-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-is-disc-only-you-cant-upgrade-via-dlc/

Capcom, you suck.

Supposedly, there was an update that you get the Arcade Edition of SSFIV without the four new characters but I guess there won't be any. Damn it, at least I can get the villain costume for my favorite villain, Wesker.

Velvet_Nightmare
07-21-2011, 06:42 PM
So if I haven't bought Marvel vs Capcom 3 yet, would it be better for me to wait until Ultimate comes out?

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-21-2011, 07:25 PM
So if I haven't bought Marvel vs Capcom 3 yet, would it be better for me to wait until Ultimate comes out?

It's going to be 40 bucks, so yeah.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Pretty comprehensive list of the changes for Ultimate found so far (http://rev-depot.com/2011/07/20/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-info-post/)

Akuma: Demon Flip: A new command throw that Akuma has had in Street Fighter titles.
Tatsumaki Zankukyaku: When used as an assist, knocks enemy away rather than knocking them down.

Captain America: Double Jump: Captain America seems to have a double jump now.
Shield Slash: The speed of this special has been increased dramatically.
Overall Mobility: Captain America, overall, appears to be a much faster character now.

Chris: Specials Startup: It is currently believed that the startup time on Chris’ specials are now shorter. This is not yet confirmed.

Dante: Combos: Dante’s basic combos do not seem to be executed in the same way or have simply been changed completely. No detailed info on this yet.

Deadpool: Quick Work: The distance/range of this attack is said to have been increased.

Dormammu: Flame Carpet: Pushes the opponent further away.

Iron Man: Uni-Beam: Overall startup and speed of attack increased and is now very spammable.

Magneto: Attraction: A new special move that resembles an orb which drags the opponent towards him.
Dash: Magneto’s dash speed has been nerfed significantly.
Disruptor: Has had it’s speed reduced and is now slower overall.
Gravitation: A new special that Magneto can use to ground airborne opponents.
Repulsion: A new special move that resembles an orb which pushes the opponent away from him.

Morrigan: Finishing Shower: This hyper move has been had it’s startup and overall speed increased.

Phoenix: Air Limitations: Phoenix can now only perform one special in the air before dropping back to the ground.

Ryu: Chargeable Hadoken: A hadoken move that can be charged (like Zero’s buster). Travels extremely fast at maximum charge.
Hadou Shoryuken: A brand new shoryuken that I have no current information on.
Shinku Hadoken: Can now reflect off of walls. It seems to reflect at a forty five degree angle.
Shinku Tatsumaki Senpukyaku: Now creates a large tornado when used.
Shoryuken: Ryu’s regular shoryuken can now be charged.

Sentinel: Sentinel Force Charge: Drones are deployed faster when used as an assist.

She-Hulk: Overall Mobility: She-Hulk, overall, appears to be a much faster character now.

Spencer: Death From Above: This new special attack is a damaging dropping attack from above similar to Super Skrull’s meteor smash special.

Storm: New Wind Special: Storm can now pull and push the opponent her using winds.

Taskmaster: Charge Stick: A new special where Taskmaster impales the enemy. Can easily be linked to Charging Star/Shield Charge.

Tron: Bonne Strike: This special now has a quicker recovery time.
Gustaffe Fire: The assist version of this has been nerfed. Tron Bonne is more vulnerable when called out to perform this assist attack.

Viewtiful Joe: Upwards Dodge: Joe can now perform a new dodge that enables him to dodge incoming low attacks.

Wesker: Health Nerf: Wesker has been given a health nerf. Not sure how much less he has, but his health is said to be lower now.

Wolverine: Berserker Slash: This attack’s speed has been reduced.
Swiss Cheese: An oddly named new special move where Wolverine quickly slashes diagionally many times.

Zero: Rekkoha: This special now covers more ground, as it has become wider.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Why Rockman/Megaman isn't on UMvC3:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/21/why-doesnt-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-have-mega-man/

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-22-2011, 05:43 PM
More changes:

Akuma:
-Tatsu Assist got hit pretty hard. It is no longer a soft knockdown, so it's much less useful for extending combos.
-Teleport seems slightly more useful, but that could have just been a fluke.
-Demon Flip dive kick OTG ground bounce relaunch is much more strict, if possible at all.

Amaterasu:
-Seems mostly unchanged at the moment.

Chun-Li:
- Seems to deal slightly more damage overall, slightly higher priority.
- Disclaimer: I could have crossed up at the time, but I think she can airdash backwards now.

Dante:
- Seems slower overall, but only slightly. Basically, another frame or two added to startup on some normals (yeah, 8-frame jab is now 9-10 frames, it seems).
-Hitstun decay seems to affect him more than before, so his j.qcf+H spinny fire thing doesn't work as frequently. His OTG combos seems largely unaffected, however. Still very strong.

Morrigan:
-Seems playable now. Slightly better damage and priority, and her flight combos seem much more useful.

Ryu:
- Ryu now has a "buff" super (d, d+ two attacks) that enhances everything he does. This was seen in the UMVC3 trailer, when his Hurricane Hyper looked like a level 3 - its because of this buff. This buff also enhances his hadoken, which is best noticed in his Hadoken assist. It gets ridiculous Projectile Durability, and it seems harder to knock Ryu out of it (could have been a fluke, requires testing).
-Ryu's Hadoken and Shoryuken can be charged for additional effects, such as making Hadoken so fast it's invisible.
-Ryu's Shinkuu Hadoken Hyper can now bounce off of walls, a la Super Optic Blast. Not 100% sure if it's due to the buff super, or if it's from holding H while performing it (like Akuma). I'll update this when I know.

Spencer:
-New move, flying knee drop. Appears to OTG.

Wesker:
-Less Health.

Dormammu:
- Flame Carpet got nerfed back to hell. OTG usually only hits once and knocks them away, and the Carpet disappears when Dormammu gets hit.
-Appears unchanged otherwise.

Doom:
- Seems faster overall. Most notably his j.S falls super fast, and c.A is really fast, and chainable / mashable. S launcher seems safer on block.

Magneto:
- New move, that modifies your momentum anywhere on the screen (similar to the wind effect from Storm, or like Rachel's Wind Drive in Blazblue). Can pull you forward, push you back, or force you to stay more-or-less stationary. HUGE buff, due to the free nasty mixups on people jumping in. Pull them closer so they accidentally cross you up. Punish.
- Tri-dash got a lot slower, meaning it sucks. No more unblockable Magneto.
- Addendum to the above, oddly enough, the "Rom Loop" seems easier.
- Flight loop (launch, combo, fly, L H dash H dash etc) seems much harder to catch.

Phoenix:
-Ding, dong, the witch is dead. Only one action per jump. No more multiple fireballs, no more fireball into teleport.
-It may have been due to the above, or just me screwing up....but I couldn't fly.
- Air X-Factor does not save her from this. Come November, she'll be a character.

She Hulk:
- TAC cancel is gone.
- Crouching H (the slide) now has less range, and loses momentum about halfway through. Close, its the same; far, it sucks. Didn't have time to test to see how this affects her Kara-grabs.

Storm:
- New (old) wind control move. See Magneto.

Taskmaster:
- New move, some sort of stab n' grab.

Wolverine:
- Seems to have less health.
- Berserker Slash is slower, lost invincibility.
- Seems slower overall (perhaps to make Berserker Charge more balanced overall?)
- Contrary to popular belief, Wolverine can still relaunch after a Dive Kick in the air combo - the ground bounce may just not work if a dive kick stagger was used to start the initial combo.
- Some sort of button-mashy swiss cheese move. Oddly, I never saw it, but I've heard about it many times now.

X-23:
- OTG slash seems to have a slightly larger window, making OTG + assists easier.
- Air combo range seems slightly trickier.

Within a few hours, I'll post a new article regarding the new characters....there's quite a bit to talk about. Tonight or tomorrow, I'll also have some stuff on the 4 new characters for SF X T.

FluffyDango
07-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Well if it`s going to be possible to by it on the PS Store I might buy it since then the prize for it won`t be like 20-40 bucks more then it should be :P
Norway is a expensive country :P

GameGeeks
07-22-2011, 08:20 PM
If Phoenix Wright is indeed confirmed, I am going to scream like a pregnant school girl.
I want video of this.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-23-2011, 10:07 AM
The following statement was very up in the air: If you didn't buy Jill/Shuma in vanilla MvC3, they won't be selectable in UMvC3 unless you purchase them. UMvC3 Will Have 8 New Stages, On Display at Evo, Shadow Mode Useless

original post/reference (http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/22/umvc3-will-have-8-new-stages-shadow-mode-useless/)

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 producer Ryota Niitsuma was just interviewed on the Capcom Unity Comic Con live stream. Here few things of note that he said about the game;

The game will have 8 new stages. None of the old stages are going away. Some of the new stages are different versions of old stages, with different weather or time-of-day, and many differences in the background to accommodate those changes.

UMvC3 will be “on display” at Evo 2011.

Every old character is being looked at, but not every one will get brand new moves. Some will be tweaked in more subtle ways.

The team looked at major tournament results when making decisions about what to change in UMvC3.

DLC you purchsed in ‘vanilla’ MvC3 is a mixed bag. The costume pack featuring Ryu, Dante, Chris, Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor will carry over to Ultimate if you bought it. Shuma and Jill DLC characters will also carry over. However, shadow mode will not exist in UMvC3, so if you bought those, they are confined to vanilla.

The number of colors and costumes available per character has increased by an unknown number.

The encounter with Galactus has been enhanced in UMvC3.

The game’s netcode has been retooled to ‘reduce lag’, and to make matchmaking easier. This includes easier rematch options online.

When asked about releasing full and detailed change logs for UMvC3 and/or when the game is patched, Niitsuma just laughed. This is a disappointing difference in culture.
__

Lol Capcom.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Interview On Character Choices And Rebalancing

Shortly after the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announcement, we met up with Ryota Niitsuma, Producer, to discuss the updated game. Our discussion started with DLC since it was a hot topic in the comments. Then we moved on to character choices and balancing before talking about simulation games.

Will owners of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 be able to upgrade their game to Ultimate through downloadable content?

Ryota Niitsuma, Producer: Right now, we’re only thinking about releasing a disc version.

Was there a data issue like Super Street Fighter IV?

Given the development schedule, there wasn’t enough time to work out all of the details to release it as downloadable content, as well. Also, for the reason you mentioned, there is so much data in the game it was easier to go this route.

Last time we talked about Marvel vs. Capcom 3, rights for Strider were the reason he didn’t make it in the game. How did you work out those issues?

We were able to get over the hurdle about the rights with Strider. I think one of the things that helped with that is there are a lot of fans out there that really wanted to see Strider in this game. He’s been a popular character since he appeared in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and a lot of people were disappointed that he wasn’t in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Because of that, we knew if we ever went beyond 3 we would try to put Strider in the game. Because that’s one of the characters that fans, more than any other, requested for. I think that really helped us clear the rights issues with Strider.

How is Strider different from his appearance in Marvel vs. Capcom 2?

His basic attacks are all pretty powerful. When it comes to his gameplay and moves, not much has changed from Marvel vs. Capcom 2. The biggest change with Strider would be his hyper combos, that is where we made the most changes to. With his level three hyper combo, we decided to give him two different level three attacks. I think he’s the only character in the game who has two different types of level three hyper combos.

Firebrand is an interesting and surprising choice. Did you add him because the Gargoyle’s Quest titles are coming to the 3DS virtual console?1

Adding Firebrand in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 didn’t have anything to do with any other plans with the Ghosts ‘n Goblins series. The decision to put him in was independent of that.

We were looking for an interesting character on the Capcom side, we were thinking of using a character that could fight in the air. Since we decided on that, we thought if there is anything we could do to get some sort of monster or creature-like character. That lead us in the direction of Firebrand.

He’s a fun character. He’s not as well known as the other characters in the game, but I think if you play as him, he’s a real technical character. There’s a lot of depth to Firebrand and the more you play as him the more fun you will have.

1. While it is not available in North America yet, Gargoyle’s Quest is available as a Virtual Console download in Japan’s eShop.

He may not fly, but the Felyne [from Monster Hunter] is an interesting character.

One of the reasons is it wasn’t just about the appearance in determining which creature character to choose. We wanted their movements and the way the behaved to be creature-like. If it came down to a choice between Felyne and Firebrand, Firebrand is more creature-like all around.

What can you tell us about Phoenix Wright?

Unfortunately, the character roster for this game is out in the open. Everyone knows the names and faces of the characters that are going to be in the game and Phoenix Wright is one of them.

Right now, we’re not saying much about him yet. We still have a lot of surprises in store in regards to all of the other characters in terms of gameplay footage and what they can do. We’ll be making that information available as we progress leading up to the release of the game. Yes, those characters are out there, but we’re not speaking much to them. At this point, we want to discuss the four characters that have been announced.

I noticed there was a Mega Man Legends stage, but Mega Man himself isn’t in the roster. Why isn’t a version of him in the game?

I’m sorry, there is no Mega Man in Ultimate. We had a lot of requests from fans for Mega Man or at least one of them to be in the game. Out of all of the requests we got for Capcom characters, he just didn’t enter the top part of the ranking. Unfortunately, he didn’t make the cut.

There aren’t many as X-Men this time around, but Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 has a lot of Avengers. How were the Marvel characters selected?

When it came to the new Marvel characters for this game, we pretty much went with all of Marvel’s suggestions. We pretty much followed the list of characters they wanted for the game character for character. Maybe Marvel had some intentions for choosing that list and they wanted to focus on Avengers characters. On our side, when we were putting characters in the game, we didn’t think they were choosing Avengers over X-Men.

What kind of rebalancing did you do for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3?

There have been a lot of changes based on user feedback. We wanted to try to respond to certain requests to balance out issues and we’ve made an effort on that end. I wouldn’t say there has been a huge overhaul, but there has been some tweaking to the basic components of the game.

One example is the team air combo, we revised that a bit. You can do it at different times and the way you can incorporate it into your fighting style is a little different from the last game. You can knock a person way up into the top screen, middle level or knock them down. There are also certain moves where you can inflict nearly a meters worth of damage with one hit. In terms of that, we’ve done a lot of balancing all around.

Did you adjust the X-Factor system?

The biggest difference between Ultimate and the previous version is you can do the X-Factor in the air now. There aren’t any other big changes to it, I would say.

If you activate the X-Factor when you have one or two characters left, we tweaked the balance on it in terms of the strength and speed it gives your character.

Will Marvel vs. Capcom 3 have a story mode this time? I remember Frank Tieri from Marvel saying he was working on making a storyline for the game.

In terms of what Mr. Tieri was talking about, we focused our effort on the character endings, win quotes, and things like that. There is no official story mode that carries the game through. But, we added a few elements to expand on what’s there, but it isn’t a complete story mode that goes from beginning to end.

Since Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is built on MT Framework have you thought about bringing the game to other platforms?

I can’t really say we’re considering that right now. We’ll see how everything goes leading up to the release of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and also how sales do there. It’s not impossible, but we have not explored that option yet.

You worked on a number of Vs. series games, but if you weren’t designing those, what kind of game would you make?

Hmm… I think I’ve mentioned one time or another when I asked what kinds of games I like. I am charge of the Vs. series fighting games, but I do enjoy puzzle and simulation games. If I had a chance, I’d like to make a game like that.

And what Capcom character would you like to use for a simulation game?

I’m not sure what character would be a good fit. If I were to make a simulation game, I would make a protagonist that would suit that kind of game and maybe I could incorporate other Capcom characters as the supporting cast.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/22/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-interview-on-character-choices-and-rebalancing/

Chewbaka
07-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Fail. I just shoveled out the money for this game and the Jill DLC, so I really don't want to do this all over again. New crap or not, very not cool.

Still will get it though.

Sr Machinehead
07-26-2011, 05:14 AM
well i'm glad i waited to buy MvC3 then, I was actually at comic-con so i got to play as some of the new characters. They seemed pretty fun to use, though i only played as firebrand, ghost rider, and i think i used strider i can't quite remember. but i'll definitely buy this when i have the cash after release.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-26-2011, 08:23 PM
well i'm glad i waited to buy MvC3 then, I was actually at comic-con so i got to play as some of the new characters. They seemed pretty fun to use, though i only played as firebrand, ghost rider, and i think i used strider i can't quite remember. but i'll definitely buy this when i have the cash after release.

Well, since you never played Vanilla, can't ask your opinion about the balance of the game compared to Ultimate. Even though they already confirmed the changes, it's better to hear it from someone who actually played the game.

Anyways, Hawkeye trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf8Xm0bG6OU

Sr Machinehead
07-28-2011, 12:46 AM
Well, since you never played Vanilla, can't ask your opinion about the balance of the game compared to Ultimate. Even though they already confirmed the changes, it's better to hear it from someone who actually played the game.

Anyways, Hawkeye trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf8Xm0bG6OU
Well i've played the standard version a few times just never too extensively. i've never been much of an MvC person.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-30-2011, 07:03 AM
So the MVC3 panel at Evo gave us some new info (http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/30/new-strategy-guide-umvc3-works-character-changes/)

• There will be a new strategy guide for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and some of the people at EVO are involved with the process of creating it. It sounded like this will have frame data and be similar to the BradyGames guide released before.

• Capcom considered a DLC spectator mode for the original MvC3.

• While talking about balancing the games the battle director, NeoG, said there are two different schools of thought when it comes to balancing. One is to balance the characters around the game's tool sets and the other is to give characters unique attributes and balance them out that way. UmvC3 is built around the unique stuff.

• In regards to Venom and Gambit not making the cut, they reiterated that Marvel has a lot of say as to who makes it or not.

• Everyone has mashable attacks in UMvC3, meaning that you can mash the buttons to do more damage.

• Capcom feels the quality assurance team has some really strong players on it overall.

• Someone said they noticed a damage increase in the game, but NeoG said they hadn't changed how much life stuff takes off. If could be a by product of the shorter lifebars.

• A lot of casual users apparently didn't see the X factor gauge so Capcom made it more visible. They also wanted to try something new with the lifebars. They're aware a lot of people don't like it, and they're listening. In the newest build they've changed the UI a bit, but Capcom couldn't bring that build with them. The X-Factor gauge isn't over the top either anymore.

• In regards to balancing games NeoG said they watch tournaments and follow the community when they're tweaking things. He said Niitsuma must sign off on the changes. They do realize sometimes that things aren't as balanced as intended. In regards to nerfing characters, they don't want to go so far that players completely lose the time investment they've put in.

• When it was asked if Capcom could balance and buff up all assists so they're the same power reltively, and the same person also wondered how much the current assists have been changed. They said it's a tall order to make them all roughly the same. As far as how much they touched them, you'll have to see when it comes out.

• Hawkeye was created to be very different than Taskmaster.

Character specific changes for UMvC3

• Spider-Man's webs travel faster. The Web Ball, Web Swing and Spider-Sting can be cancelled. Crawler assault, button mashing during this does more damage now.

• Doctor Doom's Photon Array does more damage when mashing. Doom's mid-air special moves will always knock down now. Jumping Hard has a new variation.

• Arthur has more health.

• X-23's Talon Attack in the air will cancel out other character's air moves. They said you have to try this out.

• Iron Man can't double jump, but now he can do an air dash to cancel out of moves.

• Amaterasu can change weapons in mid air.

• MODOK can cancel out of of a move in mid jump by dashing.

• Hsien-Ko has more things up her sleeve, literally, more projectiles she can throw.

• Akuma has less health.

• Chun-Li has a new attack which is a different version of her Spinning Bird Kick.

• Felicia can now do a delta kick in the air.

• Phoenix has less health now.

• Hulk has a new move, another charge attack.

• Captain America has a double jump.

• Wesker can speed up if he hits you with his sunglasses.

• Chris can now cancel out of his gun attacks by doing another special move.

• Shuma-Gorath can absorb his opponent's meter or make it go down by using a standard throw.

• Super-Skrull's Meteor Smash can be done in mid-air now.

• Zero's Max Buster shot can be used to cancel other moves. Say if you do his Shoryuken, you can cancel it with a max shot.

• Sentinel has slightly less health. Very slight, probably dropped him down from 910,000 to 900,000.

• Thor's command grab has slightly increased range.

• Dante with the Devil Trigger going can triple jump and air dash twice in a row.

• Deadpool can cancel out of special moves while warping.

• Dormammu can do Liberation and Dark Hole(?) in the air now.

• Trish's mid air Maxmimum Voltage can followed up after wards for another attack on a grounded opponent.

• Tron is one that's getting slightly nerfed. Her Gustaf Fire assist is losing its invicibility. Servbot launcher can be executed three times in a row now, though.

• Crouching Hard with Haggar knocks down now.

• Morrigan has a new move that can absorb her opponent's meter. Probably the fireball mentioned earlier.

• These characters all have new moves. Some of these were announced previously though. C. Viper, Spencer, She-Hulk, Magneto, Storm, Wolverine (Swiss Cheese) and Taskmaster.

Mash the buttons, lol.

FluffyDango
08-04-2011, 07:03 AM
I`ve decided not to buy this game at all, even if it becomes possible to get it of the PS Store later.
Capcom can shove the game up their ass instead!

WARNING: Joe doesn`t censore his cuss words this time, he`s really pissed now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5W9n7bBgGA

Joe makes some very good points.
I don`t even know who that Pheonix Wright characther is :P

Hanamaru Kunikida
08-04-2011, 07:14 AM
I`ve decided not to buy this game at all, even if it becomes possible to get it of the PS Store later.
Capcom can shove the game up their ass instead!

WARNING: Joe doesn`t censore his cuss words this time, he`s really pissed now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5W9n7bBgGA

Joe makes some very good points.
I don`t even know who that Pheonix Wright characther is :P

I was about to rep you for such a great post but you killed it with your last sentence.

What the hell is wrong with you?

FluffyDango
08-04-2011, 07:37 AM
I was about to rep you for such a great post but you killed it with your last sentence.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Hehe I knew it :P
I`ve never played any of the games he`s in, I`ve only heard the name :P

Light Buster
08-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Well, I know now that I can drop Akuma from my team...

Can't wait to use Vergil.

Shinichi Dormammu can initially do Dark Holes in the air (though I don't recommend doing them unless it can kill a character because it can't be cancelled in Vanilla MvC3)

Light Buster
09-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Double post I know but I have to put this up:

http://shoryuken.com/2011/09/14/tgs-2011-vergil/

Get hyped, really hyped, now.

CapnJack
09-18-2011, 04:15 AM
Awesome. Since I don't have a PS3 yet I don't have to be one of those that bought the first version, unaware of the ultimate re-release. I'm sure a few of you fall under this category and I apologize. It is a relief to know though.

I had a feeling MvC3's roster was a little lacking in size compared to MvC2. Lots of people screamed and wanted certain characters and it looks like they got them. Its still sad that it didn't get an arcade machine release.

Phoenix Wright was a surprise indeed. That's actually rather hilarious since all the PW games are on Nintendo systems and yet UMvC3 is on PS3 and XBOX360.

Ah, It looks like MARVEL has a detailed trailer. Get ready to play/pause a lot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxcci4Regg0

Light Buster
09-22-2011, 08:29 PM
I had a feeling MvC3's roster was a little lacking in size compared to MvC2. Lots of people screamed and wanted certain characters and it looks like they got them.

Because most of the cast of MvC2 weren't used enough and Capcom lowered it down so everyone can be used. Also, Marvel and Capcom wanted some of their lesser known characters (such as Amaterasu and Dormammu) to become more known to the general public. If they started to add older characters, things will become chaotic and they'll be used over the lesser known characters.

Anime Forum
09-22-2011, 11:27 PM
Well Chef, you just saved me 40$, because I was seriously thinking of buying the original version next week.. Though seeing they'll have this release I'll just purchase this one. Morrigan forever.. <3

FluffyDango
09-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Virgil will be in it (the evil guy from DMC)
Dante, Virgil and trish, DMC team FTW :D
Still not buying it(new) though.

Light Buster
09-26-2011, 12:15 PM
There's also a bonus item for those who played the original MvC3. Just a pointer though, no info on it yet.

Kalila Chan
09-29-2011, 08:30 AM
I dont think I'll be getting this shortly after its release since I bought M VS C 3 not too long ago.

FluffyDango
10-13-2011, 04:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3zE_I6g8Yk

Pretty funny at the end there xD

kaspar
10-13-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm Getting It, CANT WAIT!!!

Sgt.Pepper
10-15-2011, 06:06 AM
I'm glad I waited a bit. I had a feeling that a new version was coming.

Light Buster
10-15-2011, 10:17 AM
For some reason, Phoenix Wright has a small British accent but that's just me.

FluffyDango
12-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Bought it, GameStop has had it for 58 bucks ever since release day :P

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

What does ATK mean in the Missions? :P

Hanamaru Kunikida
12-27-2011, 07:48 PM

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Attack?

Light Buster
12-27-2011, 10:47 PM

Attack.

BTW, anyone tried the new Heroes and Heralds Mode yet and what do you guys think about the nerfs and buffs?

FluffyDango
12-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Attack.

BTW, anyone tried the new Heroes and Heralds Mode yet and what do you guys think about the nerfs and buffs?

Du`h, that much I`ve figured, sheesh.
There is a light attack, medium attack, heavy attack and X is an attack button.
R2 is something too.
I`ve tried them all.
So you`ll have to be more prezise then just Attack ;)

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Figured it out, it`s medium and heavy together.