PDA

View Full Version : Grumpy Old AF

.Tatty.
07-16-2011, 10:03 PM
So I'm a big fan of the show British show "Grumpy Old Men" (and oddly enough it's spin offs "Grumpy Old Women" and "Grumpy Young Men") In which middle aged men moan about really what gets on there nerves in everyday life, as can be seen in the clip below,

Some strong language that could offend, but nothing over the top,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQgzmqdYoaE

So my question is, what every day things in life really just get's on your goddamn nerves.

For me it's the stupid people in their god damn suped up coupe cars speeding down my road at 3am making me want to rip their ears off in sweet revenge.

animeyay
07-16-2011, 11:05 PM
People who make unnecessarily loud sounds always get on my nerves.
Be it loud typing sound, heavy breathing, or exaggeratedly loud yawns/burps...

Anoleis
07-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Noises while I'm sleeping. Seriously, I become violent when the dogs bark at 5am. Oh, and chewing noises. I will stare at a that little rat-bastard child till he can chew silently; I am not even kidding.

Alphabet
07-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Almost everything irritates me. I'm an irritable person.
Ooshy ooshy ooshy

Vanilla Tsundere
07-17-2011, 01:56 PM
People smacking on food or when my personal space bubble gets penetrated.

Nanobyte
07-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Don't you just love this accent? I kind of wanna talk like them, and I'm pretty much succeeding, but always when I hear genuine British accents they make me lol.

Elukien
07-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Little kids being too loud to one another when I am sleeping. I enjoy sleeping into the afternoon but I don't want to hear little yelling to one another, when you see them, they are standing a few feet part and they are yelling to each other as a normal conversation. People who wear loads of "bling" and think they are cool or "hard" and have such a ridiculous walk. Also mainstream media.

Xeyuzio
07-17-2011, 03:41 PM
When people scream instead of talking, then people complain about how I always have my headphones on full volume and I can never hear them, I say "That's how I want it to be. ^_^".

-akichan-
07-18-2011, 12:43 AM
My boss gets in my nerves. Whenever he is in a good mood, he becomes all flattery and stuff to me and to other co-workers, and he would even treat me some Starbucks. But when he is in a bad mood, he would totally swear at us, and would eventually go to the "mother" language. The sad thing is that his mood swings depending on how his wife treats him, which it really sucks!

tesaamari
07-18-2011, 03:18 AM
that girl who loves combing her hair while someone's eating (while i am eating!)
and this couple beside me-- PDA!!!

.Tatty.
07-18-2011, 04:43 AM
Yes indeed our British accents are awesome.

Also forgot to add about my total disdain for people. They annoy me.

And the member Zenister, screw her.

Elphaba
07-18-2011, 09:30 AM
People who walk too slow and then stop right in front of me. ( I hate it even more when I am rushing to class.)

People who bother me while I am reading.

People who wake me up when I am trying to sleep.

I have a lot but I just can't think of them now...

nrL
07-18-2011, 11:01 AM
The vast majority of human population...their dumb opinions...their stupid ideologies....their inability to understand the world around them due to their inferior intelligence, combined with a general feeling of self-worth is the reason I try to avoid social contact as much as I can.
I mean, when it's all fun and jokes it's okay. But once they start talking about serious stuff....that's when they show their ugly, moronic faces.

Vanilla Tsundere
07-18-2011, 11:16 PM
Oh oh, do NOT get me started on the whole "you're" and "your" mix up. It makes me so grumpy. >:T //Forever a Grammar Nazi

Screwby
07-19-2011, 12:04 AM
Facebook statuses...
Someone just saying "I want to cry", "My life sucks" or similar statuses and then someone asking whats wrong and they just reply don't worry. It makes me want to break my laptop.

tesaamari
07-19-2011, 04:36 AM
those who think they're smarter than my dog x)

Ranshiin
07-19-2011, 06:59 AM
People who walk too slow and then stop right in front of me. ( I hate it even more when I am rushing to class.)
That's a form of Badwalking, most commonly practiced by old people ... I encounter a good dozen Badwalkers whenever I go out, be it the slow Badwalker, the gang-of-college-friends Badwalkers or worse ... the rampant-group-of-kids Badwalk ...

(Not sure if Badwalking is defined on UD, though I remember the article from Cracked so do some research; you'll see it makes total sense ;))

What mainly annoys me is related to the OP. My neighbours. They love playing loud music until 5am, shouting, playing more loud music and then getting in their cars and going somewhere. Very rare I get a good nights' sleep. Think I managed 6 hours over the past three days. >_>

nrL
07-19-2011, 08:42 AM
Very rare I get a good nights' sleep.

Sleep during the day.

LIKE A VAMPIRE!

Ranshiin
07-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Sleep during the day.

LIKE A VAMPIRE!
What, with the birds and the traffic from the street and the baby buggy-wielding mothers standing outside my apartment yapping about stuff? The only moment of peace here is between 7 and 8am ... 7am when my neighbour goes to bed and 8am when another neighbour of mine gets up. ~_~

invalidation
07-19-2011, 10:16 AM
I have standards for people that I hate. Meet those, and I hate you. Those standards are extreme, though.

People I do hate:

1) Bullies. If you want to pick on someone, let me just kick your ass and have it over with.

2) Cheaters. If you think you can have me AND someone else, you're sorely mistaken.

3) Liars. This one is a bit risky to say. If you lie to me, there are always factors involved. It really depends on the severity of the lie that makes said person a scumbag.

4) Tools. GOD I hate those idiot guys who think it's great to be themselves. I hope their ego grows so large they explode. >_>

5) Thieves. Nuff' said.

There are bound to be more, but for now, that's what I have. >_>

nrL
07-19-2011, 10:22 AM
What, with the birds and the traffic from the street and the baby buggy-wielding mothers standing outside my apartment yapping about stuff? The only moment of peace here is between 7 and 8am ... 7am when my neighbour goes to bed and 8am when another neighbour of mine gets up. ~_~

Buy yourself some headphones.

Ranshiin
07-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Buy yourself some headphones.
You think I haven't? >_>;

aether
07-19-2011, 02:49 PM
ooooh where to start things that annoy me are as follow

-Loud music on public transport
-People doing illegal drugs on the street in broad daylight
-Small kids running by the road
-Dog owners not cleaning up after their dog
-People using the cemetary where I work as a cut through
-People nagging me to use different routes to places and claim that it is quicker
-Adverts using stupid scientific formula and names which the common people have no understanding of and just buy the product because it sounded good on TV
-Animals that won't move out of the way on the road when you are driving towards them
-New technology that won't work when you use them
-People buying new technology even though the old one they had is very similar and still works perfectly

want me to continue?

.Tatty.
07-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Oh good god.....I forgot Young teenage girls get on my tits no end.

For example my 13 year old sister had a Black friend around who accused me of being racist for telling my sister to "Turn that S**t down" when she was piping out RnB music. Such flawed logic from these children.

I did however reply, "Nah I'm not a Racist, I'm not done hating all the white people yet."