PDA

View Full Version : [PC] New MMPORG

Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades
07-13-2011, 07:31 AM
I'm busy creating a game, at first I'm going to create the comic version of the whole story. I'd like to know what you all love in Mmporg's. What is the things you'd like to see. Solving puzzles. creating your own character. I'm looking for realable people to help me out in creating this world.

TheDragonBorn
07-13-2011, 07:57 AM
Definitely character creation.

Dreruto
07-13-2011, 12:57 PM
I agree character creation.

Alphabet
07-25-2011, 03:04 PM
I have so many ideas. . .

Customizable character creation: Gender(male, female), race(human, elf, dragonblood, etc), Class(combat, magic, technology, none of them limiting to one class) etc. Do not limit colors. Use a RGB graph or sliders with hue bar, saturation bar, bright bar etc.
Minigames: Basic and complex puzzles, racing, tetris clone, chess puzzles, etc.
Housing, profile page, chat, something to make the players more interactive with each other and know each other better other than onscreen yelling and microphones
Groups/Guilds/Clans that include extra but limited benefits.
Forum, for feedback, troubleshooting, suggestion, and discussion.
Main story line, and side missions with their own stories. Make the story line branch into several sections. For example, they could go into Hero or Villain branch but it ends up with the same ending.
Tutorial optional
You need the goddamn "Report" button. Always.
Keep it free

I hope this helps.
ooshy ooshy ooshy

Velvet_Nightmare
07-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Character customization
Rewarding quests and tutorials
PVP restricted to a certain area
Seasonal Events
Customer Service
Some way to bring people together in a community, not just guilds and such, but like a central area for people to come together
Bosses
Easy money making, as to not have people resorting to buying/selling for money

One thing I wouldn't suggest is a marriage system. It's a cute idea, but I've seen people argue over who belongs to who, and it just becomes unneeded drama.

Elukien
07-29-2011, 12:18 AM
In-depth character creation
Unique or at least stunning landscape and architecture
Various armor/clothing/weapons, players normal want to make their characters seem better/cool/appealing than the guy next door
New class or a class that you rarely see in MMOs
Action houses
A good structured skill tree
Not too much dialogue, perhaps a little voice acting
And no flying, flying just take away the detail involved with the landscape and architecture. Plus you can easily bypass a lot of enemies.

Those are the things that comes to mind.

Meteorkeeper
07-29-2011, 10:20 AM
In-depth character creation
Unique or at least stunning landscape and architecture
Various armor/clothing/weapons, players normal want to make their characters seem better/cool/appealing than the guy next door
New class or a class that you rarely see in MMOs
Action houses
A good structured skill tree
Not too much dialogue, perhaps a little voice acting
And no flying, flying just take away the detail involved with the landscape and architecture. Plus you can easily bypass a lot of enemies.

Those are the things that comes to mind.

The only thing I have to add to this list is a story line that the player can choose to follow threw a number of quests I have found mmos with this have held my attention for considerably longer then thous who don't.

randomusername
07-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Just don't make it repetitive and complicated, that's what usually keep players away, including me.

Alphabet
07-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Some good games to get ideas from, both online and consoles:

Legend of Mana, Playstation 1
SEYKEN, sekyen.com
The Mana World, themanaworld.org
Seiken Densetsu 3, SNES
Kingdom of Loathing, kingdomofloathing.com
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, SNES
Tales of Phantasia, SNES

There's probably more but I'm too lazy to list them. Also do not make your mmorpg like AdventureQuest/DragonQuest. Their MMO is total crap and they like ripping people off.
ooshy ooshy ooshy