PDA

View Full Version : Newb to anime questions what to watch next (please help me)

Loogo
07-01-2011, 04:01 PM
So as the title says i am pretty new to watching anime, so far the only two series that i have completely watched are Deathnote and claymore and i enjoyed both of those alot :). I have seen parts of Naruto, Bleach and Inuyasha but all of them seem so long as to try to catch up on. I also tried watching Trinity Blood but 6 episodes in i couldnt really get into the 21 minutes of dialoge 40 seconds of him explaining what he is to the person he kills and then the 20 seconds of him killing them. So I would be very greatful if anyone good give me any suggestions on what to try to watch next, hopefully something like deathnote or claymore or if i should just try to watch all of naruto, bleach or inuyasha.

-RukiaKuchiki-
07-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Rurouni kenshin is a good one for beginners

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl81Sss53OA&feature=related
also Cowboy Bebop is a pretty legendary series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zDfxZ4NcE
oh and ghost in the shell is also awsome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGj_XZiRYCI&feature=related
hope this helps these three are all classics

blueangel06661
07-01-2011, 11:08 PM
If you want to try and get away from the mainstream [they typically go on forever] Try Elfen Lied. It's super gory though. It's borderline mainstream but not quite. You could also try Fate/Stay Night.. Also FLCL is mainstream and is only about 6 or so episodes. It's super weird though :|

Screwby
07-02-2011, 07:56 AM
There are some similarities between Death Note and Code Geass (the characters being physically weak and win their battles using smart strategies) except Code Geass is a mecha anime also.
Like Kuchiki said, Rurouni Kenshin (samurai anime) and Cowboy Bebob are good animes for beginners, if you end up liking Cowboy Bebob you can give Samurai Champloo a go too (made by the same people - combines samurai with hip hop style).
If you are in the mood for less mainstream anime, there is Requiem for the Phantom (about 2 assassins- really liked it) and Kaze no Stigma (about a guy who can manipulate the wind visits his family who disowned him - also really liked it).
Oh and some other great ones are Full Metal Alchemist (I liked both the original and Brotherhood - about 2 brother alchemists looking for a philosophers stone), Full Metal Panic (mecha and high school anime) and Fairy Tail (mages who work in guilds completing tasks set to them - really cool anime) and Hellsing (about a super strong vampire who turns a police girl into a draculina)

FluffyDango
07-02-2011, 10:40 AM
So what if there are alot of episodes in an anime? Thats a stupid reason not to watch it if you enjoy it :P
If I thought like that when I started watching One Piece, I would have lost out on an epic anime.

Try
Samurai Champloo
Shakugan no Shana
Soul Eater
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Needless
Toaru Majutsu no Index & Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
Yumekui Merry

Comedy:
Azumanga Daioh
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi

Masakisu
07-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Go watch all of Ghost in the Shell and Fullmetal Alchemist then get back to us.

Oh, and throw in Akira and some Ghibli movies for good measure.

DoubleKatana
07-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Judging by what you've watched, I think you should try Code Geass. It's like Death Note, but on a whole nother level (my opinion).
It's also only about 60 episodes long.
I'm watching Fairy Tail right now. Kind of like the opposite of your taste, but I thought about it because you said you don't want to watch Inuyahsa, Naruto, One Piece etc. because they are too far to catch up to. Fairy Tail has not even reached episode 100 yet.
Anyways try em out :)
Code Geass Episode 1 (http://www.animecrazy.net/code-geass-episode-1/)
Fairy Tail Episode 1 (http://fairytailguild.com/?p=87)

brolyx74
07-12-2011, 02:43 PM
I'd say go with Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. The first arc is pretty slow, but I just finished it today and it was really good. I'm starting the sequel tomorrow.

nrL
07-12-2011, 03:52 PM
If you liked Death Note then you'll probably also like Code Geass.

Also, the Higurashi mention above is the best psychological thriller out there, I do recommend.

BAAANNNKKKAAAIII
02-05-2013, 11:04 AM
You should try to finish Bleach, It is a great series. Naruto and Inuyasha are so long that you may not ever finish it. I think Naruto still hasn't ended yet! If you want to try some new animes try Fullmetal Alchemist. It is one of the best!!! Also if you prefer romance comedies I recommend Ouran High School Host Club, and if you want to try another action series try Fullmetal Alchemist and Black Butler!

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

or Soul Eater ;)

abcdefgh12345678
02-05-2013, 05:51 PM
You're a noob to anime, and want to know what to watch? Well try Google searching for something call "hentai". I'm sure you'll find it enjoyable.