PDA

View Full Version : Signature of the Week #42 Voting

Vintniv
05-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Signature of the Week #42 Voting

Theme: Western Cartoons

Rules and Guidelines for Voting:

1) You must state your reasons for voting on a particular entry (I.E. what you liked about the entry). You are NOT allowed to campaign for any specific entry, nor should you post negative comments on any other entry that you are not voting for. You should vote based upon solely what YOU like, NOT what other people are voting for.

2) NOT FOLLOWING RULE 1 WILL RESULT IN YOUR VOTE BEING DELETED.

3) This contest is designed so entries are to remain anonymous. Any reference to missing dealines, who entered or did not enter will result in your entry being disqualified, and your post removed. You also risk being removed from further competitions of this nature.

Voting Ends Sunday, May 5th, 2011.

Entry A:

http://www.yinyanganime.com/intgfx/Entry-A.png

Entry B:

http://www.yinyanganime.com/intgfx/Entry-B.png

Archaic Devices
05-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Entry A: The background doesn't work with that extraction at all, especially with that weird orange line going across the top. The lines in front of Bender don't seem to do anything to help. The only thing I thought that fit the extraction was the text.

Entry B: As much as I think the simple bg helps the extraction, it's almost too plain, especially to the left of Minnie. It feels like more could've been done to the sig besides just pretty white lines to draw our attention away from the boring part of the sig. Minnie should also be blended a bit more with the bg instead of just extending the lines to go in front of her. I do like the text, although I could do without the line going underneath it. But the overall sig does work better with the extraction than A did.

tl;dr I vote for B.

Zenister
05-31-2011, 12:10 AM
Entry B GMV.

A is centered nicely but looks very flat. Even some more vibrant colors would have helped.

B isn't awesome either, but at least it attempted at some effects and depth, even if it's still pretty sloppy.

Bulf
06-03-2011, 06:54 PM
And sotw dies again!

I vote for Entry B

Entry A looks too dark and needs more contrast.

Entry B is fantastically pink and the text fits better.