PDA

View Full Version : The saddest anime you;ve ever watched?

Todd
05-24-2011, 07:51 PM
There are many different genres of anime. There's comedy, action, drama, something so crazy you don't even know what to call it! But then, there's those ones where you think to yourself "Wow, this is so sad, so deep..." What anime would that be for you? What's that one anime that you would call a real tear-jerker?

For me, it would be Clannad. I mean, it's very cute and at times very funny. But, there's just momnets in there(that appear more than often unfortunatley), that make me want to sit in a corner and cry. And I've read that Clannad: After Story is even worse. So I doubt I'll ever finish those animes. I don't go to well with sad ones. :P

So, what's the saddest anime you've ever watched?

GameGeeks
05-24-2011, 08:39 PM
That'd have to be the Rurouni Kenshin: Seishouhen movie. And you're just looking for a list of anime not to watch then. In that case, the one I mentioned is quite happy, happy, happy and full of rainbows. You should watch it. It's totally not sad. Totally.

Todd
05-24-2011, 08:52 PM
That'd have to be the Rurouni Kenshin: Seishouhen movie. And you're just looking for a list of anime not to watch then. In that case, the one I mentioned is quite happy, happy, happy and full of rainbows. You should watch it. It's totally not sad. Totally.

Lol, happy, happy, happy, and full of rainbows :P I'll check it out

Bubblegum Pop
05-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Air has to be the saddest..I cried so much during that series. Chrono Crusade has a sad ending but thats just the ending. So yeah Air <3 ;~;

Blackrose18
05-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Omigosh I can't even begin, I'd say...Clannad was one, wolf's rain, Air the movie, Trigun, Cowboy bepop...dang I watch alot of older Anime...(Just noticed that...lols) I was mad at the end of Clannad:after story so you probably shouldn't even watch that one..Naruto was sad in parts but that was about it...

Gjallarhorn
05-25-2011, 12:16 AM
If your answer is not Grave of the Fireflies, you have not seen Grave of the Fireflies.

GhostInTheMachine
05-25-2011, 12:26 AM
There are many different genres of anime. There's comedy, action, drama, something so crazy you don't even know what to call it! But then, there's those ones where you think to yourself "Wow, this is so sad, so deep..." What anime would that be for you? What's that one anime that you would call a real tear-jerker?

For me, it would be Clannad. I mean, it's very cute and at times very funny. But, there's just momnets in there(that appear more than often unfortunatley), that make me want to sit in a corner and cry. And I've read that Clannad: After Story is even worse. So I doubt I'll ever finish those animes. I don't go to well with sad ones. :P

So, what's the saddest anime you've ever watched?

I know how you feel, (these are mine as well) after I saw THAT episode, I quit for about a week and was REALLY depressed, but then I finished it and trust me, YOU NEED TO, the enindig WAY WORTH the hardship, in fact I'm watching it a second time (english) but it's hard knowing where that wrist-slitting episode lays.

Also there is Air, fantastic yet depressing, Angel Beats end was a total tear jerker and Shigofum is pretty damned dark...

nrL
05-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Don't know. Can't point out one and only saddest show. Maybe I haven't watched it yet?
I can tell you this though; every time a show you love ends...THAT'S sad...

NaokoElric2250
05-27-2011, 08:29 AM
Does "Hotaru no Haka"/"Grave of the Firefiles" count, even it is not really anime (een the Japanese believe this).

Mang
05-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Eflen Lied almost made me tear a couple of times throughout its 13 episodes.. especially the ending.. (Sad but great anime)

NaokoElric2250
05-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Eflen Lied almost made me tear a couple of times throughout its 13 episodes.. especially the ending.. (Sad but great anime)

You should check out the manga, it is even bettter. Some characters are different, even their hair and eye colour XD.

Meteorkeeper
05-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Air, Clannad, Rurouni Kenshin: Seishouhen movie and Basilisk in that order. (real sad stuff)

GameGeeks
05-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Does "Hotaru no Haka"/"Grave of the Firefiles" count, even it is not really anime (een the Japanese believe this).
Why wouldn't that be considered anime? It's done by Sutio Ghibli, which is a Japanese animation company. And how do you know the Japanese don't think it's an anime?

Dark Lord
05-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Elfen Lied was the saddest series I've ever seen. Evangelion had some moments though.

Kyubi-no-kitsune
05-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Tokyo 8.0 was very good but very sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyXSlNOUwAg

Gauntlgrym
06-05-2011, 01:04 AM
i haven't watched it in quite some time, so i don't even know EXACTLY what made me cry..........but i remember crying because of 3x3 eyes.
some part of the was ULTRA sad.

Ezza Obsuna
07-05-2011, 01:46 AM
now and then, here and there made me quite sad.

Masakisu
07-05-2011, 06:27 AM
If your answer is not Grave of the Fireflies, you have not seen Grave of the Fireflies.I didn't find GotF that sad really, I mean towards the end I was like 'Cheers for trying to make me cry Ghibli. Very effective.'
Evangelion had some moments though.Evangelion was more downright depressing than sad.

Lack of Texhnolyze in this thread is sad. ):

Vanilla Tsundere
07-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Evangelion was more downright depressing than sad.
Amen, amen, amen~

The saddest anime I've ever seen specifically was Clannad: After Story. Never cried so much over an anime in my life.

brolyx74
07-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Clannad wasn't really sad at all. No, the saddest anime ever was Pokemon. When Ash gets turned to stone and pikachu tries to save him... I get choked up just thinking about it. Or when Charizard waited in the water outside of the Charicific valley, risking his life to prove his worth. And when team Rocket had to sacrifice Arbok and Weezing to save all of those other poor pokemon. Why, if you didn't cry at that then you are made of stone. Pokemon had some of the most, if not the most emotionally charged scenes in anime I've ever seen.

Masakisu
07-05-2011, 09:43 AM
We all cry at Pokémon and accept it as the saddest anime ever, so it's pointless mentioning it.

FluffyDango
07-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Clannad ~After Story~
I can`t get myself to watch it again becaus it`s so sad :P

Darkhallows
07-11-2011, 01:24 PM
While Clannad (and After Story moreso) is one of my favorites, I don't think it was the saddest... I don't think I cried during either. I did find that both Air and Kannon made me cry... I would argue that those are sadder, though perhaps not as good.
I think it would be either Grave of The Fireflies or Wolf's Rain (it's been awhile since I've seen it, so maybe not?).

Nesh
07-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Clannad and Chrono Crusade[I cried a lot when Chrono & Rosette died]

Datenshi
07-11-2011, 04:14 PM
I am surprised by the lack of Voices of a Distant Star in this thread (too obvious?) Anyhow, to my own selections.

Grave of the Fireflies. Despite knowing better, I get a visceral reaction every time I watch the ending. My grandmother was around that age during the war and she's told me about the bombings.

Whisper of a Heart (Mimi wo Sumaseba) is deeply depressing for people like me with memories of a less than stellar youth.

Seńor Nobody
07-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Grave of the Fireflies.

Geez, a downer beginning, middle, AND end.

Machipa
07-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Air made me want to cry ;-;. But if I cried, my mom would ask me questions xD

Frederic
07-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Quite possibly Wolf's Rain made me the most sad. Oh, and School Days.

darkrider21
03-03-2012, 04:23 AM
just watched voice from a distant star and it made me cry. But it's no clannad I can tell you that.its to dam short 24 minutes at the most. Time 4 my #2 favorite+ safest anime fruits basket

Headphone Actor
03-03-2012, 02:14 PM
I WILL ADMIT IT...
Fruits Basket made me cry.

OTL I'm such a wimp.

darkrider21
03-03-2012, 08:14 PM
I WILL ADMIT IT...
Fruits Basket made me cry.

OTL I'm such a wimp.
no you are not a whimp. that anime has such a strong efect on people. hell even i cry when i watch it so you are not alone when you cry to fruits basket

Kaleohano
03-03-2012, 08:18 PM
School days. twisted as [email protected]%k in the end. but its pretty damn sad.

greywords
03-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Des
Clannad ~After Story~
I can`t get myself to watch it again becaus it`s so sad :P
Same here, the whole Clannad series is very sad, same as Air and Rurouni Kenshin: Senshohen. Air was sad too, but I got more involved with Clannad's characters, and I must admit it made me cry a few times.. It's one of those animes I will not watch again for a long time :mellow:
Every time I get to the end of a great anime I get pretty sad, too...

Samuru
03-04-2012, 03:29 PM
I tend to hate animes that are full of sadness and portray no more hope in the world... I thought the ending of Darker than Black was pretty touching though.

darkrider21
03-12-2012, 11:16 PM
i have to say hands down clannad and clannad afterstory.never cryed so hard to an anime

Ragenomics
03-13-2012, 02:59 AM
Grave of the Fireflies.

Geez, a downer beginning, middle, AND end.

Kinda hard to argue with this'n.

Volta
03-13-2012, 02:42 PM
I just finished Code Geass. Goddamnit.

The scene with Lelouch and Nunnally at the end made me weep. She would have given up the gentler world just to have been with her brother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8LPK6nh0rU&context=C4d64adeADvjVQa1PpcFOJbUbDf0nuNd0Gj7YrbV47 a8Epfn5lvtE=

Princess Cupcake
03-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Wolf's Rain is the saddest anime series I have seen yet. Cried like a baby, which I am not afraid to admit. I have also gotten teary eyed watching Clannad (especially when Kotomi finally gets the teddy bear) and FMA.

Munchman
03-14-2012, 02:35 PM
clannad and ano hi mita hana no namae wo bokutachi ha mada shiranai

I was totally in awe that nobody had said AnoHana yet , but then your post came along...
God damnit , that show made me cry like a pre-teen girl who just broke up with her douchebag boyfriend...

animegirl2365
03-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Fruits Basket was the saddest anime I watched, it was the only one so far that made me tear up repeatedly.

plumpuff
03-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Clannad makes me cry every time I watch it, but it's also just very touching and happy in the end. So it's not always a sad thing.

I guess after that would be Ano Hana, because it's technically the next saddest, but it... had no emotional impact on me whatsoever... I felt nothing. oO

Explorer Oak
03-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Elfen lied and Angel beats takes the cake on my end. However i am hearing quite abit about clannad from you guys and it has sparked my intrest. Ill check it out now thanks to you folks!

CrimsonMoon
03-27-2012, 05:04 AM
For me, that would have to be Mai-HiMe and Fruits Basket too. So touching.

Yayoushiko
03-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Dragonball Ending because little Goku had grew up :).

LivioRazlo
03-27-2012, 04:52 PM
going to have to break the rules a little bit. but for good reason! an oscar award winning japanese movie called Departures. I'm almost NEVER sentimental. Before this movie, it had been about 4 years since i last cried when a close relative died. this movie made me cry so many goddamned times, i'm actually proud to tell other people about it- it is such a profound movie that can evoke such emotions in people.

Jasanime
03-27-2012, 05:02 PM
I cry in most anime's, sometimes happy crying, sometimes sad crying. The Elfen Lied episode with the dog stands out for me as one of the saddest things I have EVER seen. Next time I watch that series I will skip that episode!

Others that made me cry: Ano Hana, Angel Beats, Fruits Basket, Clannad, Air, Honey and Clover, Toradaora, Ai Yori Aoshi...

Nitzer
03-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Air and Clannad but Air more

Eleke
03-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Grave of the Fireflies. TVtropes describes it as "It Got Worse: The Movie," and oh, god, are they right. Even watching it again I get all teary even at the happy moments because I know that they aren't going to last.

pleasant_disorder
03-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Grave of the Fireflies was just...sad all the way through. But the anime that made me the most depressed was Cowboy Bebop. Watch all the episodes in a row and you just feel like killing yourself afterward. I didn't cry, but I think I was seriously out of it for like...a day afterward.

Fruits Basket made me cry too. But it was so good.

CaptainFloyd
03-27-2012, 09:24 PM
LUCKYSTAR................................it made me sad to see anime such as this out there. *Sniff*
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg14/scaled.php?server=14&filename=1237361970588.jpg&res=medium

Shibito
03-27-2012, 09:28 PM
For me it had to be Elfen Lied.

When lucy gets her memory back and pretty much opens up to Kota and tells him that the pain he has suffered was because of her but the momments of happyniess she had was soley because of him and that alone made her life worth living. So sad. It made me cry when he held onto her and didn't want her to go.

Nitzer
03-27-2012, 09:31 PM
luckystar................................it made me sad to see anime such as this out there. *sniff*
http://desmond.imageshack.us/himg14/scaled.php?server=14&filename=1237361970588.jpg&res=medium
lmao!!!!!