PDA

View Full Version : Publicity for videos and sites

ryoga-kun
05-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you knew about getting more hits on videos and sites. My website itself seems to be doing rather well (for how much longer, I don't know) but my youtube videos don't get a lot of views, even if they are about something popular. I uploaded some popular stuff (such as the HALO live action movie Landfall) but it simply doesn't get many hits nor does it appear very well in the youtube search.
Does anyone here have any tips on how to solve this problem?
Thanks!

Cantelope
05-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Try making original content. Why would you upload Halo Landfall when the OFFICIAL one is already on youtube? When you search a keyterm, youtube's search will list it in order of popularity based on likes/views.

If you just reupload a bunch of popular things, 1) You will never be approved for AdSense and 2) You're never going to get many views. If you're uploading things that are already popular, it's too late. Your video is behind in views and ratings, so the original video will always be higher in the search results; which is a good cycle to push crappy reups down and the actual good videos up.

The Wing Man
05-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Short and funny is always a good way to go.

Mang
05-29-2011, 08:06 PM
You simply cant control the amount of hits you get on Youtube. But like Cantople said, creating your own original content, might get you the hits you desire....... and cease upon uploading popular videos that are already uploaded.

niKopol
06-08-2011, 04:21 AM
Once you make original content, link your stuff on Stumbleupon. If its good, it will stick around, if not better luck next time. I've seen many times people adding their own stuff on there to generate traffic. Just be sure to add it in the correct category... I hate seeing stuff in wrong categories.

Esmeralda Brendel
07-17-2011, 09:31 AM
If you are targeting on Youtube hits here is my advice to you.

1. Have the keyword of your video on the title tag, description area and also in tags. Use "" tagging. Ex:
title tag: HALO live action movie Landfall
Description using your main key phrases
Tag: HALO, live, action, movie, Landfall, "HALO live action movie Landfall"

2. Comment on popular Halo youtube videos about your video

3. Do a forum posting about your video on sites related to your video (Ex: Halo forums)

This should get you a descent hits very quickly. Hope it helps