PDA

View Full Version : Just getting into anime, could use a recommendation

Dapper
05-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Hi everyone. I joined this forum because I have a specific question to ask. My roommate and I have slowly been getting into anime. I have seen a dozen in the past, he hasn't seen any.

We've tried a few and most don't appeal to us, but there are so many that we just need a suggestion from people more knowledgeable.

We're looking for something similar to "Claymore" and "Berserk" - That means, sort of an adult-action-dark-fantasy anime. Preferably something that's available on Netflix right now.

Bubblegum Pop
05-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Hi and welcome! You can watch them on animefreak.tv TONS of anime there to watch for free. As for the genre you want...Not sure lol but I am watching Chrono Crusade and its a pretty good anime. just started it yesterday. Feel free to add me as a friend ok? ^^ Enjoy the forums!

ryoga-kun
05-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Plenty here as well: http://www.animefuel.com/

The Rebel
05-20-2011, 02:13 PM
*walks into the intro room pushing a giant pot, then heads over to your* Hello, and welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy your stay here at AF. If you need anything or just want to chat, shoot me a message. I'm always glad to help new members get used to the place and feel welcome. *starts a fire under the pot and tossing in chopped vegetables* Oh, post often, but please do try and follow the rules of the forum, and sub-forums. And it seems there have been some rumors of cannibals running around eating new members, so you might want to be careful, lol. By the way, can you check the temperature of my pot for me? *lifts you up and into the pot* Yes, I think you'll make a good wabbit stew. *walks off to find more newbies for the pot*
Hmm, dark, adult, fantasy type, eh? There are a few I can think of, but are you talking modern or maybe older titles? Message me on it.

Dapper
05-20-2011, 03:57 PM
*walks into the intro room pushing a giant pot, then heads over to your* Hello, and welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy your stay here at AF. If you need anything or just want to chat, shoot me a message. I'm always glad to help new members get used to the place and feel welcome. *starts a fire under the pot and tossing in chopped vegetables* Oh, post often, but please do try and follow the rules of the forum, and sub-forums. And it seems there have been some rumors of cannibals running around eating new members, so you might want to be careful, lol. By the way, can you check the temperature of my pot for me? *lifts you up and into the pot* Yes, I think you'll make a good wabbit stew. *walks off to find more newbies for the pot*
Hmm, dark, adult, fantasy type, eh? There are a few I can think of, but are you talking modern or maybe older titles? Message me on it.

New or old is fine

The Rebel
05-21-2011, 12:28 PM
New or old is fine

Just how adult are we talking here? Cause a few titles that come to mind have some serious adult content. Otherwise Darkside Blues is good. Hmm, Akira is another good one, but I've been told it's alittle advanced for people just getting into anime.

Dapper
05-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Just how adult are we talking here? Cause a few titles that come to mind have some serious adult content. Otherwise Darkside Blues is good. Hmm, Akira is another good one, but I've been told it's alittle advanced for people just getting into anime.

I don't know how to articulate "adult" other than give those two examples - Berserk and Claymore. Also, I should have specified we are looking for an anime series and not a movie.

36gamer
05-21-2011, 09:44 PM
there is a series on netflix you may enjoy titled : full metal alchemist.

It's the only decent anime i can think of on netflix (although i do not know much baout the netflix selection)

It's not adult but once you get into the series it gets pretty deep and very interesting. don't get throw off by how the first few episodes seem really kiddish

~*Red*~
05-22-2011, 02:19 AM
G'day there :)

The Rebel
05-22-2011, 10:58 PM
I don't know how to articulate "adult" other than give those two examples - Berserk and Claymore. Also, I should have specified we are looking for an anime series and not a movie.

Hmm, Darker than Black, Burst Angel, and Code Geass are pretty good, but probably not as dark as you might like. I'm sure I know of some other series, but would have to check my lists to be sure of titles I've seen.

Elphaba
05-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Hello there :3
welcome to AF

blueangel06661
05-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Fate Stay/Night is my recommendation to you.

http://www.anime.com/FateStay_Night/images/06mini.jpg

Nesh
05-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Welcome to AF!
Have lots of fun and enjoy your stay with us :3

Dapper
05-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Keep 'em coming.

Red&Stiletto
05-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Howdy there. :D So I'm not really good at fitting things into genres but I can give you my favorite titles. :3 My favorite ever is Eureka 7. I would also recommend Elfen Lied, which might be a little bit more what you're looking for, if by dark you mean gore. >.> I also totally back every title that has already been named, as I have watched and loved them all. I hope this helps. ^^~

The Rebel
05-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Sadly, I think that's all the titles I can come up with since I kinda switched from the darker kind to more of an ecchi/fanservice lately.