PDA

View Full Version : higurashi no naku koro ni

nrL
05-17-2011, 01:08 AM
Not sure if this is a right section...anyway, I like that series but after watching the first 5 episodes I have just one complain- not enough gore!! For a series that is famous from gore there is not enough bloody mess, severed limbs, rotting flesh and other pleasant things. My question is, will there be more gore later in the series or is that "gore-ish" fame of the show exaggerated?

FluffyDango
05-17-2011, 10:26 AM
You`ve only watched the first 5 episodes?
Don`t base your opinion on just that, it gets much more gory(?) later ;)

nrL
05-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Well, thanks. Just watched Watanagashi-hen Sono 4-part series and this is indeed getting more bloody while not losing any of its story quality.
Also..is that Rena in your av?

Mang
05-17-2011, 04:49 PM
not enough gore!! My question is, will there be more gore later in the series or is that "gore-ish" fame of the show exaggerated?

The answer is no.

If your looking for gore, this might not satisfy you , but if you looking for a Complex and Epic storyline, with a huge mix of mystery and lolis , bagged with Psychological Horror. Then you should watch this. Definitely one of the very few animes I highly recommend. Both Season 1 and 2.........and Possibly 3 as well(<_>).

Admiral Muffin
05-17-2011, 11:59 PM
While I enjoyed it, the anime turned it into more of a gorefest and horror while in the original sound novels, it's more of a mystery story. Plus they didn't included the epic music from the sound novels, mostly the cool instrumentals by Dai.

Uncanny X-Man
05-20-2011, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't really say it's gore, I feel more like it's some psychological horror kinda stuff where you don't really know who is crazy or, you know that they're crazy but they just haven't snapped yet, so you just sits there and waits for them to suddenly go all out crazy mode.

Now that we are on the topic of higurashi no naku koro ni, has anyone out there watched the live action version? I watched it earlier today and found it hilariously bad xD

Aukina
05-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Are you guys talking about Dead man wonderland? I doesn't matter if there is gore at least it's good. But your right there should me more gore

36gamer
05-26-2011, 12:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXV3zzTEV20

im not sure where to post this, but i think it fits appropriately in this topic

caaraa
05-26-2011, 03:56 AM
You`ve only watched the first 5 episodes?
http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/15.art.jpghttp://farm1.static.flickr.com/147/buddyicons/[email protected]

FluffyDango
05-26-2011, 07:45 AM
Also..is that Rena in your av?

Yes

Are you guys talking about Dead man wonderland? I doesn't matter if there is gore at least it's good. But your right there should me more gore

No, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, as it says in the title of this thread :P

36gamer
05-29-2011, 07:28 PM
i started watching kai recently. THIS ANIME IS AWESOME

Mang
05-29-2011, 07:43 PM
i started watching kai recently. THIS ANIME IS AWESOME

Hell yeah it is LOL :p

36gamer
05-30-2011, 01:10 AM
episode 2 and 3 of kai made me rofl though. "oh no she used the puberty petrification spell"