PDA

View Full Version : Wonders

Harmonics
05-16-2011, 11:23 PM
I've been leaving my laptop on sleep mode most of the time and turn it off only when I know I'm going to be away for a long time. I know that leaving it on sleep mode still drain it's battery and all but when I turn it off with the charger plugged into it and it's fully charge. My laptops' battery die faster than I would think (usually around 2 hours and 30 minutes) is that a typical laptop battery life or does it have something to do with the sleep mode? Because sometimes it's not even two hours but more like an hour I even timed it once it died an hour after fully charged...

Mang
05-17-2011, 11:30 PM
I've been leaving my laptop on sleep mode most of the time and turn it off only when I know I'm going to be away for a long time. I know that leaving it on sleep mode still drain it's battery and all but when I turn it off with the charger plugged into it and it's fully charge. My laptops' battery die faster than I would think (usually around 2 hours and 30 minutes) is that a typical laptop battery life or does it have something to do with the sleep mode? Because sometimes it's not even two hours but more like an hour I even timed it once it died an hour after fully charged...

To answer you question. No ........ it has nothing to do with you using "Sleep mode". The reason *I think* as to why your laptop lasts longer at times more than others, is because your laptop switches from "High Performance Mode, Recommended Mode, and Power Saving Mode". The main difference is that one mode makes the laptop last longer than the other through proper adjustment of your LCD brightness and other adjustments. The less brightness setting, of course, makes the laptop battery last longer. There should be a Battery Icon on the bottom right of your Windows Interface. Right click and go to Properties. There should be 3 options, pick "Power Saving Mode" if you want the maximum battery life.

If that isnt it or the battery doesn't last very long, you may have to replace laptop battery because its failing.... ( but know that its not failing because of "Sleep mode" ~_~)

niKopol
05-18-2011, 04:06 AM
Even with power saving mode and all the other nifty tricks to "save battery life" it mostly comes down to what you're doing (how much of the CPU is used during whatever you do on a laptop) and for how long. Movies, music, and games are probably the quickest battery killers.

Ashminigun
05-18-2011, 08:21 AM
In addition to MangMang and niKopol had said, you need to observe how frequent you charge your battery even though it's not completely discharge yet. The more you charge it without using it until reach at least 5% of charge remaining, the shorter your battery lifespan is over time. A good practice when you use a laptop/electronic device with factory charged batter for the first time is to used the device until it warns you to charge it. Or in some laptop brands and model, they embedded a battery calibration tool in their BIOS setting. Use it to properly calibrate your battery cells.