PDA

View Full Version : Gankutsuou?

animemaniac321
05-16-2011, 08:21 PM
while browsing through my library's anime section, i found an anime called gankutsuou and would like some feed back on it. (i couldn't check it out because i forgot my card at home). it sounds interesting but i'd like to know a little more about it. please and thank you ;D

animeyay
05-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Isn't that the one based on the novel The Count of Monte Cristo?
Supposedly it's fairly good, but I've never seen it, so can't give you any personal feedback...sorry

Mang
05-17-2011, 05:01 PM
while browsing through my library's anime section, i found an anime called gankutsuou and would like some feed back on it.

I watched the entire Gankutsuou anime. and all I can tell you is that the artstyle of the anime is the best and most creative I've ever seen. That alone makes it worth watching. The story is about love and betrayal... Do I recommend watching it? Yes

Isn't that the one based on the novel The Count of Monte Cristo?

Yes but only loosely since the anime decided to change the story so events happened at different times (The overall plot is the same though), and the anime added "SCIFI" Elements which were absent in the novel.

animemaniac321
05-17-2011, 06:22 PM
I watched the entire Gankutsuou anime. and all I can tell you is that the artstyle of the anime is the best and most creative I've ever seen. That alone makes it worth watching. The story is about love and betrayal... Do I recommend watching it? Yes

Yes but only loosely since the anime decided to change the story so events happened at different times (The overall plot is the same though), and the anime added "SCIFI" Elements which were absent in the novel.

So does it have the same feel as Le Chevalier D'Eon storywise? The artwork IS very colorful. i likes +o+

╬Karami Mew~Meow
05-17-2011, 06:43 PM
If you mean Gankutuou The count of Monte Cristo, then I have seen the whole anime.

It depends on your taste. It is a pretty interesting one ^^
Mangmang pretty much said it =]