PDA

View Full Version : One Piece

parkerblythe1258
05-08-2011, 01:29 PM
I LOVED bleach and I really really liked Naruto, but now I'm having trouble getting into One piece. I heard thats suposed to be even better than the other two but for some reason i cannot get into it. Both Bleach and Naruto had slow starts. For bleach it didn't pick up till episode 20 where he entered the soul society and for naruto it wasn't until the chunin exams. I was wondering if One piece has a similar period at the beginning? Should I give it a chance or if i dont like it by now ( ep 15 or so ) will i just not like it?

Im really considering putting one piece on hold and moving on to fairytail. I had to do this for Naruto at first. I dont know what to do. I hate the time right after i finish a anime and trying to find a new one uhh HELP

Souhi
05-08-2011, 01:38 PM
There are far too many epic, satisfying moments in the anime to give up so soon! The Buggy Arc was a bit tame, as was the Kuro arc in a bit. At this point you're still in the phases where Luffy's building up the core of his crew and friends. One Piece is a prime example of an anime/manga that gets significantly more rewarding the more you chip away at it. I can't emphasize that enough.

Try slugging through to at least the Baratie (around 18-30) and Arlong arc (31-45) before throwing in the towel. Once you hit the Alabasta arc and each crew gets to have their individual battles and development, you'll enjoy it more as a traditional shonen. The last 3-4 story arcs of OP have been absolutely incredible and have lost absolutely no steam the way Bleach did. That and the fillers for OP were actually half decent.

Fairytail has nowhere near the character depth OP has but it is good for instant gratification action, camaraderie and well animated battles.

YuriEcchiGirl
05-10-2011, 04:06 AM
One Piece has always been one of those animes that I know I just wouldn't ever have time for cos it's super long & still ongoing, lol! But nevertheless, it looks like a good series all the same & one of which I'm always hearing a lot about ^^

SpeaR
05-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Too be honest I myself really enjoyed One Piece from the start but it only got better as it kept going. It gets better and better as the story continues. I would tell you to keep watching it and still give it a try as I am pretty sure you will end up enjoying it.

Nothing like Bleach where the story kept going downhill to the point I stopped watching it and better than Naruto. The story for One Piece keeps getting better and better as it continues.
One Piece is on my top 3 anime list for a reason.

FluffyDango
05-10-2011, 07:38 PM
I`ve LOVED it from first ep.
But it does get better with each ep and as Souhi said, there are too many epic moments in it to give up so soon.
Imo, it`s the best long runner.
With Fairy Tail in a very close second.

There aren`t many fillers in OP, they`re mostly just 2 episodes unlike in Bleach and Naruto where there are long filler arcs.

frandavis
05-13-2011, 03:38 AM
One piece is really awesome anime. I always go watch OP episodes when i hear about any new sub ep telecast. Epic storyline of each episode of this brilliant anime contain great action, adventure, sci-fi and drama by great anime/manga character. Whatever your all opinion about this show. It's great anime for me and i love watch it.

Mattey
05-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Dont give it up ^^ it has all those things a anime need and those are Friends, Action , Comedy, and ALOOOT OF BOOBS =)=)

mike7184
05-24-2011, 06:24 AM
I had watch only few episode of this show and i really liked it.