PDA

View Full Version : What's cool about your home?

SuXrys
05-02-2011, 02:28 PM
As the title said - what's cool / freaking awesome /drooling epicness about your home? Alright, everyone maybe isn't in love with their home, maybe most people wants to leave BUT im sure that there is always something that they feel is "special" about their home.

So.. now go on and tell me. It can be all from your different countries to your front door.

I'll start first.

Comes from Sweden.

One thing that I do find awesome about our capital is that I have seen an actuall runestone http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runestone "inside" (it was part of) the wall of a house in the old area. Here is a picture proof: http://www.stockholmoldtown.se/atttittapa.php?id=konstverk&id1=runstenen

One thing that is cool about my current location is that no one seems to know where the town actually is - but everyone knows the beer that has this towns name on it. :laugh:So everyone knows the beer, that's always something! *laughs*

http://www.google.se/imgres?imgurl=http://www.stockholmoldtown.se/bilder/runstenen.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.stockholmoldtown.se/atttittapa.php%3Fid%3Dkonstverk%26id1%3Drunstenen&usg=__vRoxM5pjGVC-iUG1thrcdIZiFiw=&h=403&w=300&sz=39&hl=sv&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=HdMQdcdJxmUNiM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=100&ei=1AG_TZ2oMYzMtAaGiv2UBg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Drunsten%2Bgamla%2Bstan%26um%3D1%26hl% 3Dsv%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1268%26bih%3D576%26tbm%3Disc h&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=905&vpy=56&dur=314&hovh=260&hovw=194&tx=120&ty=133&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0

~*Red*~
05-02-2011, 03:18 PM
An interesting thing about my town is that it has been nicknamed "supermarket town", because we have four supermarkets here >_<

blueangel06661
05-02-2011, 03:21 PM
My last home home was awesome.. More acres to play around on. Well over a few hundred.

My town is small. I guess that's about the only thing cool about it.

The U.S. has a ton of fast food places to choose from... That's about it.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-02-2011, 03:22 PM
It is not currently on fire

Scruffy
05-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Egotistical answer: I'm in it.
Actual answer: Honestly? Not much. Maybe the fact that we have a backyard, which, in comparison with our small, two-floor bungalow, is extremely massive, is cool. :3

Ranshiin
05-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Nothing that I can type out or link in this thread, due to the related Wikipedia article not being PG-13.

Shame. >.>

Capitán
05-02-2011, 03:44 PM
My city is sometimes called the windy city.

We got the Willis tower (formerly known as the Sears tower). One of the tallest skyscrapers in the nation.

My backyard is full of dandelions. I will deal with those later....

Baka
05-02-2011, 03:57 PM
My city is sometimes called the windy city.

We got the Willis tower (formerly known as the Sears tower). One of the tallest skyscrapers in the nation.

My backyard is full of dandelions. I will deal with those later....
You also have The Bulls. I hope they beat Atlanta today.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
05-02-2011, 04:00 PM
[Talkin bout my real home, not this shizzlehole I sleep in]
Cuz I'm in it and my clan is one of the top rulers/dogs.
Lol but that's what the punk me says. As for home, I think it's shredding with pure awesomeness, because my real family is there, my beloved pets are there, laws are broken easily [though that's why it's more dangerous >< better where a bulletproof vest when I get there lol] and it's filled with the supernatural.

Capitán
05-02-2011, 04:23 PM
You also have The Bulls. I hope they beat Atlanta today.

Oh yeah! How could I forget? .... I stopped following them back when I was a little kid.. good to see them not sucking so much.

*MayMay*
05-02-2011, 04:25 PM
My house is in a rural area and what's cool about it here is that I can step out on the back deck in the mornings to have my tea and enjoy such a beautiful view...! So much greenery, and so many different birds singing, and the country air is fresh and clean. ^^ There's a river with a tiny "island" in the middle that I affectionately call "Duck Island" because in the spring and summertime about 10-15 ducks like to hang out there. This year we also have a couple Canadian geese, but I doubt they'll stay long. The star of the show, however, is a beaver that wanders out of his dam every now and then to poke around and it's pretty cool to catch a glimpse of him. :3

SuXrys
05-02-2011, 04:58 PM
An interesting thing about my town is that it has been nicknamed "supermarket town", because we have four supermarkets here >_<

Aaaah my friend.. you can NEVER have enough supermarkets!
https://static.flashback.org/img/smilies2/thumbsup.gif

My house is in a rural area and what's cool about it here is that I can step out on the back deck in the mornings to have my tea and enjoy such a beautiful view...! So much greenery, and so many different birds singing, and the country air is fresh and clean. ^^ There's a river with a tiny "island" in the middle that I affectionately call "Duck Island" because in the spring and summertime about 10-15 ducks like to hang out there. This year we also have a couple Canadian geese, but I doubt they'll stay long. The star of the show, however, is a beaver that wanders out of his dam every now and then to poke around and it's pretty cool to catch a glimpse of him. :3

Thats sounds wonderful! Lucky... I love birds. Especially small birds and also ducks. When I see ducks I just wants to walk like they do, from side to side while sounding funny. Seems like alot of fun.

Souhi
05-02-2011, 05:06 PM
I've got a lake in my backyard. Beautiful.

Baka
05-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Thats sounds wonderful! Lucky... I love birds. Especially small birds and also ducks. When I see ducks I just wants to walk like they do, from side to side while sounding funny. Seems like alot of fun.
So cute!!! I guess I will send you a duck then :D

SuXrys
05-02-2011, 05:17 PM

I've got a lake in my backyard. Beautiful.

:love:

So cute!!! I guess I will send you a duck then :D

But come on! Who doesn't love ducks??! Who doesn't want to walk like them? Bending your knees, take your arms to your side, swinging your body slowly from side to side while sounds as much as you can like Donald Duck? Its a common dream folks! I know it is!

Even Chuck Berry knew it - thus its a classic. It can't be denied!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3rG73VOqyo

truegamenerd
05-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Full music studio in the living room and a video game collection that takes up two closets...lol Whats not to love?

Uta-chan~
05-02-2011, 05:46 PM
I live at the beach and my hometown is a holiday hotspot for celebrities. ^ ^

marvelangga
05-02-2011, 06:22 PM
My home is in a subdivision, so I could somehow enjoy some fresh air every morning before I go out to the urban areas...

There's actually not much interesting in my house except my bunch of cats and kittens... =3

TheyCallMeFei
05-02-2011, 07:07 PM
My room blasts Skrillex and shakes my house's walls, which is pretty much the only cool thing that goes on in my house.

Light Buster
05-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Oh, there's nothing special about my house, except the fact that we demoed a pool and now there's just dirt back there along with a lot of weeds. There's also a basketball court up to the key.

Elukien
05-02-2011, 07:23 PM
My house is in a rural area which is somewhat quiet and peaceful. Also the atmosphere is more or less relaxing.

Kyubi-no-kitsune
05-02-2011, 11:15 PM
my town is a old fishing/tourist spot on the west coast of california
my house has a freaking A-bomb bunker underneath it which i use as storage now
it was built during the beginng of the coldwar my dad uncovered it when we were remodleing the house

Vaishu
05-03-2011, 02:41 AM
what DJ said,I live in it^_^,but its more to it,mabey as ours is small,enough to fit 4 people and enough
place to jump around.

SuXrys
05-03-2011, 05:47 AM
I live at the beach and my hometown is a holiday hotspot for celebrities. ^ ^

Hahah! No wonder I sometimes wonder how the gossip magazines can get so much juicy buzz sometimes! You, my friend, must have a very smart and lazy part time job.

https://static.flashback.org/img/smilies2/evilgrin39.gif

Just sitting in the sun, drinking a nice umbrella-drink, while keeping us other folks updated about all the new and important matters that is happening around your place.

I also want to see celebrities in swinwear... not fair!

Full music studio in the living room and a video game collection that takes up two closets...lol Whats not to love?

Awesome!

Acnologia
05-03-2011, 05:56 AM
My building is a perfect square? I think it's neat.
This city...it's home to a lot of chemical plants and oil refineries. That's about it :/ Oh and it's the largest on lake Huron.

Shadowminion
05-03-2011, 08:11 AM
The blatant honesty of my hometown. We're small, we're congested, our buildings are parked right squeezed next to each other because there's no space till its like a maze in the streets.

I also love that its constantly changing and that there are always new things to find at every corner of the streets and something new to see every day.

And also ridiculous news.

Meenah
05-03-2011, 08:21 AM
I have an in-ground pool. o_o; Uhh thats it I guess.

Xanfiore
05-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Well,it is my home where I grew up and stay for all these years D:<
So,there's must be something cool about it!

Oh wait, I dunno whats cool about it. Maybe my roof-music room?

Penshiru
05-03-2011, 08:37 AM
My home is cool because it looks like a huge garage but inside its sooooo big... and my backyard is awesome!

Nesh
05-03-2011, 09:36 AM
If we're talking about my capital city this:
http://www.maticanaiselenici.com/images/news/kultura-bik.jpg
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2856/smizli2.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6nvZlnqI5gs/SeJno6MhTEI/AAAAAAAAE7M/TWHltjqb02I/s400/skulptura-cistac-na-cevli.jpg

battousai_ryuu
05-03-2011, 12:32 PM
The coolest thing about my home has to be the rock garden I made and my bedroom. Both are very peaceful and kinda zen like. It's so peaceful it makes any kind of work impossible to do!

SuXrys
05-04-2011, 04:31 PM
If we're talking about my capital city this:

I don't understand ... were do you live? The first pic looks spanish, but the second one looks to be somewere from Africa. So right now, Im confused. =)

The coolest thing about my home has to be the rock garden I made and my bedroom. Both are very peaceful and kinda zen like. It's so peaceful it makes any kind of work impossible to do!

You have done a zen garden by yourself? Cool! Do you have any picutures of it that you can show us?

DOOM!
05-04-2011, 05:34 PM
My house has a cool story, bro. It ahs a door and doesn't opened to anything.

Aleyna
05-04-2011, 08:01 PM
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]As the title said - what's cool / freaking awesome /drooling epicness about your home? Alright, everyone maybe isn't in love with their home, maybe most people wants to leave BUT im sure that there is always something that they feel is "special" about their home.

You read my mind, because I was going to make a thread like this today. Thanks for making this thread though. <3

I love my house right now, because a bathroom was built next to my room like last week, and I took my first shower in it yesterday, and it was a really nice shower. I can't wait to use my bathroom more! :D

What's cool about what town I live in? Nothing

What's cool about what state I live in, Minnesota, is that we have 10,000 lakes, so there is a lot of places where you can swimming and do water activities in.

Shini
05-04-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm in it.

Funny thing, because that's what's cool about my house, too.

Eh, there isn't much about my house that is noteworthy. My town is ranked eighth in violent crime (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_cities_by_crime_rate), that's about it.

AishiteIru
05-04-2011, 08:24 PM
My house is cool, because every year in my town, there is a carnival-typed festival and on the last day of the festival, there are fireworks that you can see perfectly from my front yard. <3

Hideki Motosuwa.
05-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Herman Melville wrote Moby Dick in the town I live in. I suppose that's what makes it special lol. My home is a four story, elderly apartment in the middle of downtown. Hmm... I have four computers in my room, isn't that cool? I get a good view of the theater from my room window, because it's right next door.

Other things that make my home "special":

The vending machine of death -Basically they're trying to kill off the old people with expired food, and they charge three times as much. Good thing I don't buy into it.

Soda machine of idiocy -The change gets stuck, and you'll never get your soda.

Ed- Our friendly resident racist. Instead of a "hi, how you doing?" it's a: "chink boy."

Richard- a guy who served in some form of military. He calls me "Bruce Lee" all the time, and talks about "The good old days."

And finally, my next door neighbors. The guy is deaf, has an attitude problem, and makes loud noises every second, 24/7, and bangs the heck out of a girl every night. Yes, my ears have bled from the constant banging and ear shattering moaning. And the girl is a childhood classmate whom I secretly don't like at all.

So, there you have it :cool:

Ar Cee
05-04-2011, 11:25 PM
our house is cool simply because though we are all masculine, the paints are very feminine. lol

gay ahaha

eye friendly. that's why chickass love to stay here lol

battousai_ryuu
05-05-2011, 02:30 AM
You have done a zen garden by yourself? Cool! Do you have any picutures of it that you can show us?[/QUOTE]

Well it's more of a rock garden but I suppose I can try and find a picture of it ^_^

Miss Moonlight
05-05-2011, 03:10 AM
What's cool about my home? I live in it.

Just kidding, nothing.

zekes
05-05-2011, 10:17 PM
What's good about our home is that its near to malls since we're on the city. So whenever you feel bored you can go everywhere since there are lots of places to chill out.

SigmaSD
05-06-2011, 12:43 AM
A great place for storing dead bodies. No one would ever find out.

SuXrys
05-06-2011, 12:31 PM
A great place for storing dead bodies. No one would ever find out.

http://www.familjeliv.se/Chatt/ikoner/smile3.gif

Uncanny X-Man
05-06-2011, 02:48 PM
When it gets cold you can hang a bag with drinks out the window and boom! instant cold drinks........but, I guess that goes for most people.....with windows, nah, its still frigging awesome!!! :D

SuXrys
05-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Well it's more of a rock garden but I suppose I can try and find a picture of it ^_^

Still waiting for the pics! =)

When it gets cold you can hang a bag with drinks out the window and boom! instant cold drinks........but, I guess that goes for most people.....with windows, nah, its still frigging awesome!!! :D

Hahah! I did that also alot of times this winter! Too much energy to walk out to the kitchen so I just put the drinks I wanted in a bag and then let it hang outside for a couple of minutes .. Hurray for laziness! ^_^

Hello, enormously smart neighbour! *waves*

Uncanny X-Man
05-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Hahah! I did that also alot of times this winter! Too much energy to walk out to the kitchen so I just put the drinks I wanted in a bag and then let it hang outside for a couple of minutes .. Hurray for laziness! ^_^

Hello, enormously smart neighbour! *waves*

Precisely! why go all the way to kitchen when you only need to open window and have nice and cold outside world to cool your drinks :D

Well hello then enormously smart neighbour, or lazy, whichever ^^

Haoie
05-07-2011, 03:21 AM
I how spacious it is.

Could use another bathroom though.

battousai_ryuu
05-07-2011, 03:45 AM
[QUOTE=SuXrys;2559210]Still waiting for the pics! =)

Sorry it took so long

Complete with two turtles ^_^

battousai_ryuu
05-07-2011, 03:46 AM
[QUOTE=SuXrys;2559210]Still waiting for the pics! =)

Sorry it took so long

tesaamari
05-07-2011, 03:47 AM
i'll tour you around...

this home i live in has lots of doors hahaha, it's weird that one of the kitchen doors is opposite a comfort room door hihihi
there are lots of turns before you can go from one room to another (let me clear this out: this home of mine is so small)
when you go out using the front door, the sight of MT. MAKILING will surprise you...
but when you use the backdoor *door opens* tadaaaah! it's TAAL VOLCANO!

the lake reflects the sky and so it's relaxing, cool right?
plus our yard is full of trees and tweeting birds *chirps play on the background*

philippines is where you'll find great and hospitable folks,
come visit us :)

SuXrys
05-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Sorry it took so long

Nah its ok! I just wanted to make you feel guilty there for a second or two. .... It looks really great. But what figure is it in the background? Is it an angel?

LOVE THE TURTLES! <3

i'll tour you around...
philippines is where you'll find great and hospitable folks,
come visit us :)

I googled at that volcano and it looks nice. I don't know how it is to live close to a volcano since we don't have anyone where I live; so my first thought about it is that it might be... scary? Is it? :S :sweatdrop I read that its still active and you know,... you said that you could see it from your home (so you must live close to it). How does that feel? Or maybe your so used to it so you don't think about it the same way I do?

In my case I live next to a cementery and I have heard that "it must be scary" - but I don't think so because im so used to it. Only thinks that its calming (lots of trees and birds - like a big park!). Maybe that is how it is for you? You are so used to it?

Anyway - I would love to go to the philippines one day.

I havn't been traveling around the world so much sadly. I want to be that annoying tourists that stands in the middle of the road - blocking all traffic - because I won't knowing where I am! :happy:

battousai_ryuu
05-07-2011, 03:00 PM
[QUOTE=SuXrys;2559785]Nah its ok! I just wanted to make you feel guilty there for a second or two. .... It looks really great. But what figure is it in the background? Is it an angel?

LOVE THE TURTLES! <3

Thank you. The figure in the backround is the (buddhist) Goddess of Mercy, Kannon. Glad you liked the turtles ^^

animegirl2365
05-07-2011, 03:08 PM
The only thing special about my home is the gun shots I hear up the street all the time.

44NekoStarr66
05-07-2011, 05:16 PM
I've got to say the coolest thing here to me is the castles i get to visit on my spare time when they're open, once i got lost in one and the guards had to come find me xD it was pretty eventful if i say so myself

sasu_girl
05-07-2011, 05:35 PM
well, i guess the flowers =3

they're all so pretty and colorful

tesaamari
05-07-2011, 10:00 PM
I googled at that volcano and it looks nice. I don't know how it is to live close to a volcano since we don't have anyone where I live; so my first thought about it is that it might be... scary? Is it? :S :sweatdrop I read that its still active and you know,... you said that you could see it from your home (so you must live close to it). How does that feel? Or maybe your so used to it so you don't think about it the same way I do?

In my case I live next to a cementery and I have heard that "it must be scary" - but I don't think so because im so used to it. Only thinks that its calming (lots of trees and birds - like a big park!). Maybe that is how it is for you? You are so used to it?

Anyway - I would love to go to the philippines one day.

I havn't been traveling around the world so much sadly. I want to be that annoying tourists that stands in the middle of the road - blocking all traffic - because I won't knowing where I am! :happy:

yep, i'm used to it...
i was born there and have been living there for almost 18 years now, i have never seen it errupt or even give signs of future erruption so i am never scared hahaha

cemetery eh?spooky hihihi, but if it's really that relaxing for you to enjoy the view then i wanna try living beside a cemetery too :)

i'm willing to be your personal tour guide if you have the chance to visit the country, you're welcome here! hehe

y o n n a h
05-08-2011, 01:44 AM
Special? Well if you listen closely enough, you can hear the hilljacks and their banjos. Srsly.

SuXrys
05-09-2011, 11:12 AM
yep, i'm used to it...
i was born there and have been living there for almost 18 years now, i have never seen it errupt or even give signs of future erruption so i am never scared hahaha

cemetery eh?spooky hihihi, but if it's really that relaxing for you to enjoy the view then i wanna try living beside a cemetery too :)

i'm willing to be your personal tour guide if you have the chance to visit the country, you're welcome here! hehe

No no its not spooky. I don't think so anyway, but my friends that I had when I was a kid sure thought so! :D I remember that one of them almost didn't even had the nerves to go past it. Always when we had to walk besides it she almost ran because she was so scared. Maybe she had seen a unfitting movie or so, I don't know. But I surely thought she was little strange. ^.^ Alright, we were just 6-7 years old or so, but still. :)

Do you know if the volcano is said to have a errupt soon?

tesaamari
05-09-2011, 09:00 PM
No no its not spooky. I don't think so anyway, but my friends that I had when I was a kid sure thought so! :D I remember that one of them almost didn't even had the nerves to go past it. Always when we had to walk besides it she almost ran because she was so scared. Maybe she had seen a unfitting movie or so, I don't know. But I surely thought she was little strange. ^.^ Alright, we were just 6-7 years old or so, but still. :)

Do you know if the volcano is said to have a errupt soon?

she must have seen ghosts before hehe little ones see lots of things you know...some are real and some are but the works of that silly imagination hihihi

it was on the news last month, but my mom said our home is far enough hahaha
the volcano is just inn the field of vision but not too near you know