PDA

View Full Version : Ao no Exorcist

Shinn Kamiyra
04-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Plot Summary: Humans live in the world of Assiah, demons in Gehenna. The two dimensions are not meant to interfere with each other, but demons still possess creatures in Assiah in spite of this. The humans who can fight these demons are known as exorcists. Rin Okumura is a boy who bears the curse of being Satan's illegitimate son. His foster father sacrificed himself to save him from demons. To avenge his foster father's death as well as to prove himself, Rin decides to follow the path of an exorcist.

One of the better animes this season, IMO. Sure we see a whole lot of animes where the protagonist is the descendent of some ancient hero or line of protectors, etc. But a child of Satan turned exorcist? That's a new one by me; and if nothing else it gives a whole new dimension to family feuds. XD.

What do you all think though?

Gjallarhorn
04-18-2011, 01:33 PM
It's a fantastic manga, but slow-publishing. I think giving it an anime this early in its serialization could end up being problematic for the anime, as there really isn't a whole lot of source material to go on - this means either no ending or a made-up ending, and probably a short run.

Either way, I'll watch for a while and enjoy the animation, but I'm not too big a fan of watching what I already know is going to happen.

animeyay
04-18-2011, 01:42 PM
It's a fantastic manga, but slow-publishing. I think giving it an anime this early in its serialization could end up being problematic for the anime, as there really isn't a whole lot of source material to go on - this means either no ending or a made-up ending, and probably a short run.
Uh-oh, I'm getting a deja vu of the Fullmetal Alchemist disaster...

But onto the topic. I watched the 1st episode yesterday, and loved it!

Gjallarhorn
04-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Uh-oh, I'm getting a deja vu of the Fullmetal Alchemist disaster...

But onto the topic. I watched the 1st episode yesterday, and loved it!

Except there's much, MUCH less source material for Ao no Exorcist than there was for the original FMA anime at the time.

animeyay
04-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Ok, so a much worse disaster is in the brewing...
I'll probably end up switching to reading the manga if the anime ends too abruptly.

Meteorkeeper
04-18-2011, 01:58 PM
I will haft to give this one a look see when I get the chance it sounds very interesting.