PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Web] My computer has problems with certain search engines.

╠-The Neo-╣
04-13-2011, 12:48 PM
I've tried just about everything to fix it but I have no idea why it does this. Whenever I try to use Google, Bing, or yahoo I get a white page saying "Bad Request(Invalid Hostname)"

It doesn't do this on my laptop or my dad's computer. Just my desktop. I've looked all over the internet and tried so many things to fix this but nothing works. I have a feeling it happened due to a recent virus I cleared up but idk how to fix this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FlashD
04-16-2011, 11:27 AM
What operating system are you using?

Ar Cee
04-28-2011, 10:25 AM
if microsoft
try:

To resolve this problem, remove the host header value. To do this, follow these steps.

Note Typically, Internet Security and Acceleration Server is not installed and the default Web site is bound to the All Unassigned IP address in Windows Small Business Server, Standard Edition. Also, the host header of the default Web site is not assigned to the All Unassigned IP address.

Click Start, and then click Server Management.
In the console tree, double-click Advanced Management, and then double-click Internet Information Services.
In the details pane, double-click ServerName(local computer).
Double-click Web Sites, right-click Default Web Site, and then click Properties.
In the Default Web Site Properties window, click the Web Site tab, and then click Advanced.
In the Advanced Web Site Identification window, click Default, and then click Edit.
Make sure that (All Unassigned) is entered in the IP address box.
Delete any host header name that is in the Host Header value box.
Click OK three times.

Note If you must assign an IP address and a host header to the default Web site, add the IP address 127.0.0.1 with port 80 and leave the Host Header value box blank.

source: www.microsoft.com

ahaA