PDA

View Full Version : First convention and I don't have any cosplay

GodEatGod
04-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Ok. So I'm going to MTAC, which is coming up very soon, and I only have regular clothes to select from. There aren't any anime stores around that have products and everything that can be delivered takes too long. I was thinking about picking up something lolita-ish, but I really don't know, is that acceptable? Anyways does anyone have any advice/ideas as for what I can get quickly and cheaply?

blueangel06661
04-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Lolita is acceptable. The con I work at is crawling with it. Also there are characters like Misty from Pokemon or other characters that are recognizable but still have plain clothes. Besides you don't always have to cosplay to have a good time at an anime con. =D

animeyay
04-11-2011, 10:53 PM
First of all, going in a costume is not a requirement for attending cons lol.

With that in mind, if you would like to attend a con NOT in regular clothes, then you have two options: cosplaying or dressing up. They are not interchangeable for the purpose of anime cons, of course.

Cosplaying is when you dress as a specific character/object, while dressing up is just dressing up, lol, and I think that's what you're aiming for, too. Lolita would be perfect. Another option would be shinto priestess (miko), and when people ask you, you can even say you're dressed as Kikyo (from Inuyasha) and pretty much get away with it. Also I've seen people going there in kimono, yukata, hakama, or other type of traditional Japanese clothes.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
04-12-2011, 04:57 AM
The most simple cosplay I can suggest is Ed-Cowboy Bebop, and Envy/Lust from Full Metal Alchemist.
If not, like what the two has said ^ Lolita is completely acceptable.
Now, I think you're probably thinking 'But exactly, I don't have Lolita clothing -.-' Lol So, do you at least have a ruffled dress? And first of all are you able to sew? =o
Because, you can just add a whole lot of laces [which you would buy from a fabric store] and add it on to a dress you have picked ^^