PDA

View Full Version : Question About Wallpapers

Onilink74
04-13-2004, 04:49 PM
Hi. I'm not sure on copyright issues on the wallpaper for this site, but I have a question about reusing the stuff. I wanted to use one of the wallpapers in the background of one of my arts and post it at deviantart.com. Only problem is I can't get the author's permission because the site on the wallpaper is down, and I emailed the webmaster, but I haven't gotten a response yet. I will give credit where credit is due for the wallpaper, but I wasn't sure if I could use it in the first place. And seeing how I can't get ahold of anybody, this makes the issue even tougher. The wallpaper in question is located here:

http://66.111.49.71/wallpapers/ccs/ccs_63_1024.jpg

So I'm not exactly sure what to do. Any help on this would be a big thanks, especially since I'm clueless on the reuse of wallpaper for other artistic means.

Candy-chan
04-13-2004, 04:56 PM
i think the only way out is to get the creators's approval, dont know more than you how to reach him/her though...

jumomo
04-13-2004, 04:57 PM
i think if you cant get the "ok" from the artist it wouldnt be good if you do it ... but its not only about the wallpaper maker ... its also about the original drawer of sakura .... so i dont think you can use it ... dA got very angry with using anime stuff without permission of the origin artist.

Onilink74
04-13-2004, 06:42 PM
Well Sakura isn't even in the picture. It's just the fancy artwork that I'm using. So that's not the problem. Gah, how am I supposed to get ahold of the original creator?

escaflownemoon
04-13-2004, 08:02 PM
hmm well are you planning on distributing your work. If not, but you use other artists' wallpapers to create something new for personal usage then I think it would be alright.

hmm ways of contacting the artist would be impossible as of right now but I guess well maybe not..hehe post it on your website if you have one and i'm sure the artist surf the net and stumble on their own work without people asking for permission. They might flame you for it..but before they do..you should also put like...

"I dont' know the artist of this wonderful wallpaper that I would like to use. I would have asked your permission before posting or reusing works of other. So, if you would allow me to have the chance to ask you the coutesy question" e-mail me Blah@ blah blah.com."

hmm I hope I wasn't too confusing..lol somehow I think I just confused myself. anyways. Good Luck finding. :)

Onilink74
04-13-2004, 08:08 PM
I'd do it in a heartbeat if this was my own personal site. But this is for deviantart.com, and I'm sure they crack down on stuff like this if they find out you did something without permission. I'm sure the author wouldn't care. I'm much more worried about the website I'm putting it on.

jumomo
04-13-2004, 08:10 PM
if someone will notice they just remove it ... nothing else will happen with you ... they removed like a hundred pieces of mine before the official anime wallpaper changes they did in their rules

Onilink74
04-13-2004, 08:19 PM
Okay. Thanks. I just recently signed up and the suspension of the account thing in the rules kinda made me think twice. I'm REALLY paranoid about stuff like that.