PDA

View Full Version : What anime deserves more credit?

Jeffrey Cornillie
03-20-2011, 12:27 PM
The title says it. What anime do you think deserves more credit?

We all know theres popular and less popular anime.
But why is this? I've seen less popular anime that i think were better than anime like naruto or bleach. Have you guys?

And while we're at it.. Also pick an anime that gets to much credit according to you guys ^^

example: I believe these two anime should be better known:
-Darker than Black (The only reason people I know saw this is because i recommended it)
-Chrono Crusade (I loved it but no one I know had watched it D: )

anime that get too much credit:
-Naruto... (theres quite a good story... but the fillers ohhhh the fillers... and I don't want to know EVERY enemy's background story :banghead:)

Admiral Muffin
03-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Animes that I think that deserves more credit.

Monster - Maybe because the pacing is slow but I think this series is brilliant.
Cromartie High School - Extremely hilarious but nobody talks about it. Maybe because it lacks moe blobs.
Sora no Woto - Yes there's moe but the setting is one interesting and beautiful world. The story is not bad too.
Cross Game - An excellent romance/sports anime. I guess the slow pacing and old-school character designs turns people off.
Mitchiko to Hatchin - I dunno why people ignored this anime but it's one of the better recent shows.
Now and Then, Here and There - One of my favorite animes yet not a lot of folks talk about it.

There's a lot more but this is all I could think of so far...

Nesh
03-20-2011, 02:33 PM
-Chrono Crusade (I loved it but no one I know had watched it D: )

I agree on Chrno Crusade...It really is a nice anime

knives1019
03-20-2011, 02:58 PM
The anime that deserves more credit is:

Pilot Candidate (not that many people have heard of this anime and are willing to give it a chance. It has great characters and a great story)

Anime with to much credit:

Pokemon (I hate Pokemon)

Jeffrey Cornillie
03-22-2011, 02:22 PM
I agree on Chrno Crusade...It really is a nice anime

yeaaaahhh :D the ending was soo sad :(

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

The anime that deserves more credit is:

Pilot Candidate (not that many people have heard of this anime and are willing to give it a chance. It has great characters and a great story)

Anime with to much credit:

Pokemon (I hate Pokemon)

Pilot Candidate?? you're right :p never even heard of it :D
what's it about??

and really?? you HATE Pokemon?? it's not THAT good but come on Pokemon simply IS my childhood
I used to love it since it was the only anime aired in my country... (and of course i also liked it because I was a little kid :p)

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Animes that I think that deserves more credit.

Monster - Maybe because the pacing is slow but I think this series is brilliant.
Cromartie High School - Extremely hilarious but nobody talks about it. Maybe because it lacks moe blobs.
Sora no Woto - Yes there's moe but the setting is one interesting and beautiful world. The story is not bad too.
Cross Game - An excellent romance/sports anime. I guess the slow pacing and old-school character designs turns people off.
Mitchiko to Hatchin - I dunno why people ignored this anime but it's one of the better recent shows.
Now and Then, Here and There - One of my favorite animes yet not a lot of folks talk about it.

There's a lot more but this is all I could think of so far...

I seriously haven't heard of ANY of those anime I have alot of catching up to do ^^
which one of these do you think is best?

marsbear
03-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Pilot Candidate?? you're right :p never even heard of it :D
what's it about??

I'm also curious. Pilot Candidate -- The Candidate for Goddess (Megami Kouhosei) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Candidate_for_Goddess)? That series is cut too short.

I enjoyed watching Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual!_Parallel_Trouble_Adventure), and I think it deserves more credit. I read a harsh review saying that the series is just an Evangelion rip-off.

Penshiru
03-24-2011, 11:32 AM
I think Welcome to the NHK deserves some credit. For an orgianl idea at least

Videlreyes
03-25-2011, 05:57 AM
Anime that deserves more credit:
Hunter x Hunter (well, it might be more popular if the manga wasn't always going on hiatus), a movie or side stories would be great. On the manga chapter covers and anime opening and endings, it shows the main characters on adventures they never go on(or it just doesn't show them going on), I would like to see them. Would also like to see more merchandise for HXH.

Canaan, I don't know anyone who has seen this anime =( it's really good and very interesting, lots of action.

Anime with too much credit:
Naruto and One Piece is way too popular, they have so much merchandise and AMVs on Youtube (and other video sites). I don't have a problem with One Piece being overrated =) I like it. I wish Hunter x Hunter and Canaan were overrated XD
Naruto I don't care for, I don't like it and I don't hate it.

The Wing Man
03-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Pilot Candidate was very good but it didn't get to finish, so it's a great show has a very uncomplete story.

Jeffrey Cornillie
03-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Anime that deserves more credit:
Hunter x Hunter (well, it might be more popular if the manga wasn't always going on hiatus), a movie or side stories would be great. On the manga chapter covers and anime opening and endings, it shows the main characters on adventures they never go on(or it just doesn't show them going on), I would like to see them. Would also like to see more merchandise for HXH.

Canaan, I don't know anyone who has seen this anime =( it's really good and very interesting, lots of action.

Hunter x Hunter is pretty well known (I think) :p I know it and have seen some ads on websites about it
I just googled Canaan and it certainly LOOKS like something I'd like :p care to tell me more about it?

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Pilot Candidate was very good but it didn't get to finish, so it's a great show has a very uncomplete story.

aww I hate that kind :( i always get soo into my animes :p I hate it when one doesn't end even for ongoing series (I'm too lazy and forgetful to watch every week :p)

KekoOji
03-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Bakuman. Bakuman deserves so much more! It should be mainstream! Also, K-On! was pretty good :) I couldnt stop watching.

Twelfth
03-25-2011, 05:52 PM
- Time of Eve
- Eden of the East
- Paranoia Agent

KekoOji
03-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Vampire Knight also deserves more credit >w<

MirrorToTheMoon
03-26-2011, 04:25 AM
I agree on Chrno Crusade and Bakuman. I love those series. :3
Also, Yozakura Quartet, Pandora Hearts, and Bakemonogatari deserve more credit. Those series are some epic stuff. >:

Jeffrey Cornillie
03-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Okay new rule :p
give a short explanation of the anime :p
seeing all these gets me curious but I'm too lazy to look them up :D
meet me half way here :p (or all the way :D)

GameGeeks
03-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Fantastic Children, don't think I ever heard anyone mention it. Has a great story if you give it a chance. Slow pace though the end doesn't feel rushed.

As for anime that gets too much credit, for now I'm gonna go with Death Note. It's predictable and the main character isn't even likable by the end. Not to mention the fact that the two final protagonists (forget their names) seem to have just been pulled out of the anime's ***.

KekoOji
03-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Fantastic Children, don't think I ever heard anyone mention it. Has a great story if you give it a chance. Slow pace though the end doesn't feel rushed.

As for anime that gets too much credit, for now I'm gonna go with Death Note. It's predictable and the main character isn't even likable by the end. Not to mention the fact that the two final protagonists (forget their names) seem to have just been pulled out of the anime's ***.

I always thought Near and Mello were well placed into the anime >w>; i mean hey had a really good backstory connection with L, i thought the way they introduced them was creative more than random x3

GameGeeks
03-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Yes, they had a back story, but they really where just put in to extend the anime. They could have easily ended it after a single season with Light and L going at it. Just felt drawn out.

Videlreyes
03-29-2011, 02:12 AM
Canaan is about a virus that gives some people weird and cool powers, but they need medicine to live with the virus or they die. And terrorists are trying to spread the virus to others and a girl assassin tries to stop them. More interesting than it sounds. I want the boxset! =3

Jeffrey Cornillie
03-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Canaan is about a virus that gives some people weird and cool powers, but they need medicine to live with the virus or they die. And terrorists are trying to spread the virus to others and a girl assassin tries to stop them. More interesting than it sounds. I want the boxset! =3
I've watched the first 3 episodes ^^
It seems fun... Haven't seen any cool powers yet though... or I may not have been paying enough attention :p

YuriEcchiGirl
03-31-2011, 04:01 AM
The likes of Peach Girl & Rumbling Hearts deserves more credit in my opinion as they're quite under-rated ^^

Admiral Muffin
03-31-2011, 11:49 AM
More anime that I think deserves more credit:

Honey and Clover - An excellent Josei anime. Characters are emotionally rich and the romance realistic.
Kannagi - One of the funniest animes of 2008. I believe it was licensed but it was very low-key.
Kure-Nai - Another great anime from 2008. A slice-of-life with fascinating themes and excellent animation. The heroine is also pretty adorable.
Maria+Holic - Not one of Shinbo's best but the crazy and absurd humor is the highlight here.
Minami-Ke - It's not Azumanga Daioh but this series is extremely hilarious. It also has the best show within a show. Shame seasons 2 and 3 aren't good as the first.

Fabala
03-31-2011, 12:31 PM
Violinist of Hameln - This one gets knocked down for two reasons, and two reasons only.

1) The animation (or, rather, lack thereof): The anime was created with a low budget. Rather than take the usual route and poorly animate it, the series instead uses a lot of still (beautifully drawn) cell shots. I wish this didn't bother the number of people it seems to.
2) The story is grim/dark as hell. Yes, this bothers people. Somehow. It's one of my favorite features.

Jeffrey Cornillie
03-31-2011, 02:45 PM
More anime that I think deserves more credit:

Honey and Clover - An excellent Josei anime. Characters are emotionally rich and the romance realistic.
Kannagi - One of the funniest animes of 2008. I believe it was licensed but it was very low-key.
Kure-Nai - Another great anime from 2008. A slice-of-life with fascinating themes and excellent animation. The heroine is also pretty adorable.
Maria+Holic - Not one of Shinbo's best but the crazy and absurd humor is the highlight here.
Minami-Ke - It's not Azumanga Daioh but this series is extremely hilarious. It also has the best show within a show. Shame seasons 2 and 3 aren't good as the first.

hmm I think I'll try watching some of them after having watched my current anime :p
ohh n by the way.. Who's that in your avatar?? Where do I recognize him from?? I KNOW I KNOW him.. that's all :p

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Violinist of Hameln - This one gets knocked down for two reasons, and two reasons only.

1) The animation (or, rather, lack thereof): The anime was created with a low budget. Rather than take the usual route and poorly animate it, the series instead uses a lot of still (beautifully drawn) cell shots. I wish this didn't bother the number of people it seems to.
2) The story is grim/dark as hell. Yes, this bothers people. Somehow. It's one of my favorite features.

hmmm 1) googled it... doesn't look that bad right???
2) well it's okay I guess.. as long as it's not continuously like that.. some breaks in between should be given...

marsbear
04-01-2011, 02:15 AM
Steam Detectives (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_Detectives) and Princess Tutu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Tutu) also deserve more credit.

YuriEcchiGirl
04-02-2011, 04:16 AM
Not to mention Negima!, Love Hina & Itsudatte My Santa!, pretty much all of Ken Akamatsu's brilliant works ^^

Lily Rock
04-02-2011, 04:21 AM
Yu-Gi-Oh!
It's original, except the new one's which keeps ruining the goddamn franchise!
It's awfully funny and it is pretty long too.
Except they talk too much sometimes.

YuriEcchiGirl
04-02-2011, 05:44 AM
Yu-Gi-Oh!

I totally agree with you there, Yu-Gi-Oh! is indeed pretty awesome ^^

kkcrow
04-02-2011, 06:07 AM
Definately Kaiji! Many people don't even bother trying it, because of the noses of the characters. The style of the anime sure is a bit rough compared to your average anime series, but the story's amazing, and after a few episodes you'll get used to the noses. ; D

YuriEcchiGirl
04-02-2011, 08:37 AM
Definately Kaiji! Many people don't even bother trying it, because of the noses of the characters. The style of the anime sure is a bit rough compared to your average anime series, but the story's amazing, and after a few episodes you'll get used to the noses. ; D

I may have to think about checking out that series for myself personally at some point as you have me intrigued by it ^^

Jeffrey Cornillie
04-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh!

watched it when I was little :p
It's some of the few anime ever aired in my country ^^
along with pokemon, digimon, rurouni kenshin (it was called samuraiX), and dragonball Z

I loved it :p used to have SOOOO many cards :p i was the best at my school xD

YuriEcchiGirl
04-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Tenjho Tenge deserves much more credit in my opinion aswell, despite quite a bog-standard typical fighting/violent storyline ^^

Nesh
04-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Kaze no Stigma

YuriEcchiGirl
04-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Yes, I've heard & seen that anime around a lot & totally agree with you there little sis...It sure does deserve more credit indeed ^^

Gjallarhorn
04-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Katanagatari. It flew under the radar for the most part, being a 12 episode OVA series that aired over the course of a year. It's a fantastic piece of storytelling with a unique but suiting style, and an ending that just blew me away.

Philhalo66
04-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Zero no Tsukaima

Jewunit
04-02-2011, 11:48 PM
I would say, Negami!

This anime is very funny and has a great storyline to it. I thoroughly enjoyed it myself.

Jeffrey Cornillie
04-03-2011, 04:28 AM
Zero no Tsukaima

I agree :p
loved it ^^

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Katanagatari. It flew under the radar for the most part, being a 12 episode OVA series that aired over the course of a year. It's a fantastic piece of storytelling with a unique but suiting style, and an ending that just blew me away.

the drawing style seems... uuhhmm... interesting :p

Jeffrey Cornillie
04-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Kaze no Stigma

hmm either I've already seen it or it was on my to watch list but never watched it :p
.... checking...
okay it's still on my to watch list ^^
so tell me kimmie's onee-chan ^^ why do you like it?